• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Collections of Cognitive Dissonance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i don't think you can get the double hit when you're in the air, but i could be mistaken. of course, the grounded upb hitbox gif isn't working -_-

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
It`s surreal. It`s like we`ve all just agreed that priority, combo breaker, reversal, etc are not terms that should be used to describe Smash 64, but we`re gonna use them anyway. Personally, I find it offensive and degrading to the game to have this need to put it in the box with "thugh fiteing gamz".
Very few people already use combo breaker, reversal, and priority anyways so what's the big deal?

Fire: It is worth the trouble.
Why? Why do you care so much about something so pointless as SEMANTICS? We all know the meanings of the words used and unless a term used is really ambiguous or confusing, why get upset over the fact that the community has been using them for years? As a fighting game player, I don't like that the smash community calls non-tournament matches "friendlies". When I talk to people at other fighting game tournaments, it's always "Wanna play some casuals?". But I always have to consciously adjust myself to using "friendlies" when in the smash community. But you know what? I'm not going to change an entire community's opinion and I'm not going to get them to stop using a word. In fact, the more I whine about it the more they'll use it just to spite me for an incredibly silly attempt to do so.

Seriously. Also, I`m confused:

"I think you need to tone it down on the usage of this word. It's been used in reference to the way the ACTUAL game mechanics are like for so many years now in gaming in general and you're the only one making a big deal out of it like it should be super special for ssb64 only or something."
What? I`m saying it should never be used and I have never said it myself, except in the sentence "priority is a sloppy and incorrect way to describe Smash 64, we shouldn`t tone done it`s usage, we should cease using it entirely." So I`m genuinely confused by this statement?
Priority has been used since forever in fighting games with the definition that accurately describes the way the mechanics work: Whose hitbox overlaps whose hurtbox first. You're making a big deal out of this because you're making it sound like everyone defines priority as an inherent specific property of an attack to override other attacks.

READ AGAIN: EVEN THOUGH THERE IS A FEW SPECIFIC EXAMPLES OF PRIORITY, THIS IS NOT WHAT WE MEAN WHEN WE SAY PRIORITY. WE USE PRIORITY AS DEFINED BY HITBOX INTERACTION.

Cobr: Why do you need a goddamn word/phrase. Just say "Pika UpB`s first frame is invulnerable, allowing you to use it in situations where you have very few frames to avoid/attack an opponent."
DONE. ACCURATE. HELPFUL. WHY WOULD WE TALK ANY OTHER WAY?
There are literally no excuses for this, and I think in lieu of shame for allowing game to be "discussed" in this way you all should cease saying these inaccurate phrases; leading directly to better and true discussion of the game and eliminating the confusion of new players.
New Player: "Woah, how did pikachu get out of that combo?"
Teacher: "He used pikachu's up B. Pika UpB`s first frame is invulnerable, allowing you to use it in situations where you have very few frames to avoid/attack an opponent."
New Player: "Wow that's so broken. Being the only character that can escape situations like that"
Teacher: "Actually no. You know samus? Her UpB`s first frame is invulnerable, allowing you to use it in situations where you have very few frames to avoid/attack an opponent. A few other characters can do this too, like Mario his UpB`s first frame is invulnerable, allowing you to use it in situations where you have very few frames to avoid/attack an opponent and LUIGI HIS UpB`s first frame is invulnerable, allowing you to use it in situations where you have very few frames to avoid/attack an opponent."
New Player: "Is falcon's UpB`s first frame is invulnerable, allowing you to use it in situations where you have very few frames to avoid/attack an opponent?"
Teacher: "No it isn't"

Did you ever think that it might help to make discussion of the game more tolerable? Or maybe commentary? Do you think commentators have enough time to constantly say entire phrases to describe simple game mechanics that nobody has had trouble with its terminology except you? Find a better term for it and prove to us why we should use it or stop complaining. We're not going to resort to using entire phrases over a single word.

@Hip: No, I fully object to the use of the word "tech" to describe Breakfalls or Rolls. I capitalize these because they are not generic "fighting game" terms, but proper nouns given by Nintendo to the moves in the game. No one had any right to start using other words, much less to demand that I conform. It`s ludicrous, confusing, and I literally don`t understand the reason for it. I`m not insisting that you cannot use whatever slang you want, but you must acknowledge it is slang and confusing and that the correct Nintendo terms are accurate, not the other way around. Again, Hip, your confusion on what I meant is a perfect example of what we should all try to prevent.
First of all, calling "teching" rolling would be the dumbest idea ever and actually be confusing in multiple ways:
1) I can tech in place. That's not a roll
2) Rolling is different than teching.
3) IT'S NOT EVEN THE SAME ANIMATION. Go roll with samus and then go tech to the side with samus.

Nice, by calling teching "rolling" you've just made things more confusing. And even if you wanted to use breakfall, you still haven't convinced us why we should try so hard to change to the usage of that word instead. All your arguments have come down to "YOUR WORDS ARE RIDICULOUS AND MINE ARE NOT BECAUSE THEY'RE OFFICIAL NINTENDO TERMS AND I LIKE THEM MORE. ALSO YOUR WORDS ARE FROM OTHER GAMES AND I HATE THAT BECAUSE SSB64 IS A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE THAT DESERVES ALL ITS OWN WORDS DIFFERENT FROM EVERY OTHER GAME"

I'd like to point out that for the entire next paragraph you posted, you literally just disagreed with what they said and posted no counterargument whatsoever:

@Cobr and @Karajan: At this point, the sum total of time both of you have wasted, you don`t get it. I appreciate the sentiment, but the bulk of the 'advice' y`all have given is: Don`t do the upB, just uptilt more, or some other extremely simplified inanity.
It's not inane. You're ignoring good advice and oftentimes the best advice is very simple. By calling it inane you're just begging for people to never give you advice again.

I`ve been not smashing for twice as long as both of you have been playing: This is why your brains cannot make sense of what I say vs. current demonstrable skills
http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/poisoning-the-well.html

I am new to THE SCENE, not to THE GAME. Before the break, I have smashed for 3 times (Cobr) and 8 times (Steve) as long as you.
Nobody cares how new you are to the game or how long you've been playing it in regards to an argument. Please stop bringing this up. "B-But they kept sayi-" STOP. Unless someone right now is still saying "Studstill, I have played this game more than you", stop bringing up your playtime.

I read that guide in the first 5 minutes of finding SB, and found it to be an excellent guide for beginners, but again, full of weird slang. You pretend like: everything I know from tens of thousands of gameplay hours < "hitting the Z button before you land to eliminate landing lag"; literally the simplest thing in the game (timing a single button press)
It's still true. You try to bring up how simple it is but you act like that makes it not the most powerful technique to learn in this game. Someone who knows Lcancelling is going to move faster, have more offensive options and has access to much bigger list of combos. If you want to prove me/us wrong, show us multiple examples of a player that has never learned Lcancelling beating someone who can lcancel consistently. It won't prove that your'e 100% correct but it'll mean you have some ground to stand on when you say that Lcancelling is not better than thousands of hours of casual play.

Please stop acting like I am a new player that needs to be educated. AND DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS WITH SOME HORSE **** CASUAL vs. COMPETITIVE ASSERTION. In fact, don`t respond to this at all, other than to have the requested change in tone or not.
It's unfortunate that you're getting so upset over something that's true. People who have thousands of hours of casual play will lose to someone who has a couple of hours of competitive play in his pocket. Ever heard of Swiftbass? Probably not, since he's a well known melee player from connecticut. I don't want to make any judgements about how much he plays 64, but seeing how he's so intensely involved in the melee scene I'm willing to bet that he doesn't play 64 nearly as much as any of us do, much less approach your playtime. At a fairly recent tournament in connecticut, Space Invaders, I played against swiftbass in loser's quarters in 64. He wasn't super technical or fast or anything like that; he played a slow and methodical defensive kirby and was pretty good at it. He played basically like a japanese kirby. You know what? He was a better kirby than you. I'm not trying to offend you with this, but I'm trying to show you that you're ignoring a very valid point that all the hours of casual play in the world simply do not stack up to someone that has competitive experience and

Perhaps, there still might be some confusion: I do not care one bit about "Smashers at large"
That's nice, but this community doesn't revolve around you. Personal belief is not a valid argument.

This game can and should stand on it`s own as the best. Melee, I have some experience, and a piddling amount with Brawl, but I don`t really see the relevance in cross-game strategies.
That's too bad because 64 shares a lot of strategies and the metagame is incredibly similar to other smash games like melee and project M

Again, either some confusion or just some weird desire to repeatedly make that^ point. To be clear, again: I only brought that up in response to dismissive half-***** 'critiques' of my opinions on Smash. Thus, in the context of my views it was meant serve as an admonishment to straight ignorance of the merit of my views based on the fact that I haven`t been hanging out on SB for a few years, not as a stand alone fact proving I`m correct. Although, re:SB knowledge: I assure you I`ve probably read more of the site than most of you, my eyes are bleeding from the past two months, lol. The Kero noob talk from a years ago is straight gold.
I understand that am idiot child could just generate playtime by drooling on a controller, but when you remind me of this fact it seems as if you`re implying I was drooling, instead of devotedly mastering the game.
Once again. stop bringing up playtime like it means anything. You are the only one still bringing up playtime and you sound like a broken record. Nobody is saying you spent thousands of hours drooling on your controller. We are saying that your thousands of hours are irrelevant. Everyone's thousands or hundreds of hours are irrelevant.

I don`t assume I`m good, you assume I`m not. Take 3-4 years off the game and see what it does.
I took off at least 2 years from the game and I got dead last in a bracket at the first tournament I went to. It still meant nothing about how much I knew about the game's data, mechanics, hitboxes, etc. Your gameplay and skill may not have shown much (rust considered) when you came up to New Jersey for the tournament, but everything you've posted on these forums since then speak many more volumes about your mentality and knowledge of this game.

And if I'll be very honest right now, I'm going to say this without trying to offend you at all. You have a very ignorant mentality. You assume that everything we do is for the wrong reasons:

- We view a twisted version of this game's metagame
- We use our ruleset because we just want to be like melee
- We ban items and stages because we didn't feel like learning that metagame or putting in the effort to counter them
- We copy terms from fighting games just because we want to copy fighting games
- We're all obsessed with techskill and worry little about strategy and mindgames

All of these are horrible assumptions and they're very wrong. You assume that because the advice given to you is simple it is silly and insulting. Stop assuming that we're being elitist because told you you were wrong. Every argument you keep bringing up you're pretty much just repeating yourself now without anything to back it up or counter what we're saying.

Just stop. Open up your mind and read everything we say from a more broad minded perspective. We want to help you grow as a player because, to be honest, with this mentality I don't believe that your skill in this game is ever going to improve.

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
It's unfortunate that you're getting so upset over something that's true. People who have thousands of hours of casual play will lose to someone who has a couple of hours of competitive play in his pocket. Ever heard of Swiftbass? Probably not, since he's a well known melee player from connecticut. I don't want to make any judgements about how much he plays 64, but seeing how he's so intensely involved in the melee scene I'm willing to bet that he doesn't play 64 nearly as much as any of us do, much less approach your playtime. At a fairly recent tournament in connecticut, Space Invaders, I played against swiftbass in loser's quarters in 64. He wasn't super technical or fast or anything like that; he played a slow and methodical defensive kirby and was pretty good at it. He played basically like a japanese kirby. You know what? He was a better kirby than you. I'm not trying to offend you with this, but I'm trying to show you that you're ignoring a very valid point that all the hours of casual play in the world simply do not stack up to someone that has competitive experience and
i'm willing to bet that mew2king has not put in anywhere near as many hours into 64 as studstill

and yet...

also javi you got last in bracket but still made it out of pools, which is saying something

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
the problem is you measure your success in idiotic ways. Like counting friendlies as ranked matches. Or when you and knite played and you said you went 50 50...when it was painfully obvious to you and everyone watching that he was sandbagging. The level you "know" you can play at is merely the level you think you play at. You have a gross overestimation of your own abilities, and your head swells pretty easily. You won't listen to advice cuz you think you've played more people than everyone else...but you have only managed to play more mediocre casual scrubs than everyone else. I don't know how you can look at the opponents you have faced in the past, compare them to everyone you've played online, and been like yeah. Those guys from home were good. It's totally absurd.

Studstill

Smash Ace
the problem is you measure your success in idiotic ways. Like counting friendlies as ranked matches. Or when you and knite played and you said you went 50 50...when it was painfully obvious to you and everyone watching that he was sandbagging. The level you "know" you can play at is merely the level you think you play at. You have a gross overestimation of your own abilities, and your head swells pretty easily. You won't listen to advice cuz you think you've played more people than everyone else...but you have only managed to play more mediocre casual scrubs than everyone else. I don't know how you can look at the opponents you have faced in the past, compare them to everyone you've played online, and been like yeah. Those guys from home were good. It's totally absurd.
You can **** off, too. I knew he was, well, it`s obvious when you can upsmash for a kill and you don`t. Doesn`t mean I ddin`t catch him and further it`s my understanding that claiming sandbagging is a very not cool, mayb e you shouldn`t put words in his mouth. Again, there you go informing me of what I know, like I don`t know it. I tire of this talk about me and my skill as opposed to about the game, but basically you guys are 7 for 8 on just on straight loop IMO:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy#Intentional_fallacies

I don`t go around saying "I`m better than everyone," or "I`ve beaten all these unknown good players." I told you my friend was a better Samus and maybe one day you`ll realize you have no way of knowing whether or not that is true, unless you play him. You`re the one with the ego, the huge head, maybe that`s why you act like such a prick? Does "mediocre casual scrubs" sounds like a technical term to you, to me in sounds pretty god dam rude. Anyone I have played and beaten, quite a few of them talented, are my friends or at least people I liked and I don`t think they would appreciate being referred to like that, they certainly wouldn`t go to a tournament where they were treated as such. So **** you from them, too. Apart from that, I don`t understand this weird desire to ANNOUNCE what people`s skill level is. You have to win the game. Then do it again. And again and again. And if you don`t, then it degrades. If you play the same people, it can improve in some cases but can cause ruts in others. If you want to keep trying to sit back and tell people how good they are and how you can beat them, fine.
I`ll just be playing Smash 64.
Peace.

EDIT: Yeah I`d rather not debate or discuss myself anymore, that wasn`t my intention. IF you wanna talk about the game, cool.

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
you just don't seem to understand that people can make accurate judgments about your skills and the people you've played skills. If they went to a tourney and said they were boom level good years ago and thought about the game differently from everyone else and is better than people who beat them etcetcetc...then yeah, they're exactly like you. And I would not be wrong in my statements. You're just really ridiculous and I don't know why. You've spent weeks getting beaten and won't admit that you aren't as good as you think/as everyone else. What will it take? Will your opinion change if you get last at zenith? Apex? Or will you still claim to be warming up instead trying to improve?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
The only other player I've ever encountered that was as delusional as studstill about their skill level is LD.

If he lost to you 800 times in a row he'd just say it was a bad Fox match up and in reality he was the better player. This was back when he couldn't z-cancel or combo and would only throw -> gimp with fox.

And like I've always said stud is a really nice guy. He's just a little off his rocker when it comes to analyzing competitive smash.

But LD is really good now. Maybe that bodes well for Studstill in some weird way lol.

Or maybe that just means if LD wasn't so god damn stubborn he would have gotten better wayyyy quicker than he did.

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
The only other player I've ever encountered that was as delusional as studstill about their skill level is LD.

If he lost to you 800 times in a row he'd just say it was a bad Fox match up and in reality he was the better player. This was back when he couldn't z-cancel or combo and would only throw -> gimp with fox.

And like I've always said stud is a really nice guy. He's just a little off his rocker when it comes to analyzing competitive smash.

But LD is really good now. Maybe that bodes well for Studstill in some weird way lol.

Or maybe that just means if LD wasn't so god damn stubborn he would have gotten better wayyyy quicker than he did.
OH god this explains why studstill brought in LD on a skype chat and LD just agreed with everything studstill said

Studstill

Smash Ace
Again, quit putting words in my mouth. I`m not delusional, or crazy. You reference things I haven`t said. I don`t lose and say anything other than GG. Sometimes some frustration at the frames, although I`m getting used to 2.
Explain to me what is is that I`m delusional about? The only delusion is that I need any of y`all`s approval.
http://www.mememaker.net/meme/smash...gg-never-say-tell-them-youre-rusty-from-takin

I`ll upload the match from me and Boom, and we`ll see if you have anything insightful to say. I played terrible, I think, being nervous about an opponent`s skill is a new experience to me. Not that the outcome would have been much different if I had played well.

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Here, try to guess what moves these are, using our UNAMBIGUOUS terminology
(1) Slow spin kick (kirby)
(2) Spinning kick (kirby)
(3) Air flame (samus)
(4) Flamethrower (samus)
(5) Kick (samus)
(6) Low Shove (samus)
(7) Super low sweep (samus)
(8) Stretch kick (falcon)
(9) Shoulder charge (falcon)
(10) Shove (jigglypuff)
(11) Middle Kick (jigglypuff)
(12) Side Kick (jigglypuff)
(13) Kick (jigglypuff)

Not even boomfan can get a 100% on this without using the stragtegy guide. Oh, and sheilding is actually called a "Block", a term borrowed from fighting games.
@ S Studstill Still waiting for your answers lol

Shears

Smash Master
I actually own Nintendo's OFFICIAL Smash 64 strategy guide. Do you know the real names of all the moves bestowed on us from nintendo?

Here, try to guess what moves these are, using our UNAMBIGUOUS terminology
(1) Slow spin kick (kirby)
(2) Spinning kick (kirby)
(3) Air flame (samus)
(4) Flamethrower (samus)
(5) Kick (samus)
(6) Low Shove (samus)
(7) Super low sweep (samus)
(8) Stretch kick (falcon)
(9) Shoulder charge (falcon)
(10) Shove (jigglypuff)
(11) Middle Kick (jigglypuff)
(12) Side Kick (jigglypuff)
(13) Kick (jigglypuff)
I want to play!

1. kirby uair
2. kirby fair
3. samus fair
4. samus usmash
5. samus ftilt
6. samus downward fsmash
7. samus dsmash
8. falcon dtilt
9. falcon dash attack
10. jiggly fsmash
11. jiggly ftilt
12. jiggly fair
13. jiggly utilt

Studstill

Smash Ace
I`m tired of arguing. You always pretend like everything I say is both ridiculous and stupid. I can`t tell anymore if you people are trolling or genuinely just not skilled socially. Also, these never get anywhere, you guys are just so ****ing correct. Think about it? Nope, it`s perfect, but wait while you ***** about it in the same breath.
And, am I the only one this sounds extremely ****ed up to?
"I let him beat me once when I tried to play like him so I could get him to agree to a money match the next week on console. I showed Fireblaster the match and we both lol'd pretty hard. I also felt too bad for trying to take his money"

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
This is a great example of why most of you make my ****ing head explode.
What? You obviously don`t understand what I said, maybe didn`t even watch the vid for context (IDK), but decide to respond with some bull**** AGAIN about your worthless opinion on my 'skill level'. Try again, I`d love to be wrong here, but my IMPLICATION (albeit with sarcasm) was that OF COURSE FALCON CAN STOMP ALMOST ANY CHAR, especially one as small as Kirby.
Goddamn. Think before speak needs to be the new SB slogan. Comment doesn`t make sense? I`ve already decided that guy is an idiot because he thinks Hyrule>DL, so I`ll just call him a terrible idiot again.

I`d actually like an apology, for you quasi-insulting me based on your own misunderstanding. Seems fair.

I'll money match you at zenith, $200, your falcon vs my kirby, with the same rules m2k-stranded were using (no items, 5 stock, hyrule, b03)

, HY v DL. I`m making a thread now on Hyrule. Let`s bring it back. It`s been too long, and you`re killing the game.
Reasons I`ve seen, all flawed:
1. All hail the Japanese.
2. The above vids/other similar arguments.
3. Logistics.
edit: Don`t worry about me bro, I have truth and experience on my side, plus all they do is throw fecal matter and state the smae flawed arguments, ad infinitum.
"I hate this game, it`s bull****, but keep it exactly how we ****ed it up."
-The Gang
"What the **** is wrong with most of you?"
-Chris Studstill
YOU DONT HAVE EXPERIENCE. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN 2 JAPANESE PLAY ON HYRULE? I have SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. One match with 4 stocks takes a MINIMUM of 15 minutes. There is a reason why the Japanese beat Isai.

Sedda

Smash Champion
@ S Studstill

I really wanted to stay out of this, but I'll just say it hoping that you will stop... STOP arguing with people here.

The way you approach your arguments here is the same as if I were to go to China and tell them that they're speaking Cantonese the wrong way. It doesn't matter how many hours you've put into the game. Nobody cares. We have our own terminology and we understand each other very well every time we use words that we've assigned to certain mechanics. We also understand those certain mechanics because they happen often and their effects are consistent. There's nothing magical or random about them (except for a few instances that have also been identified), so we're comfortable in leaving things the way they are. You're going to end up (or have already ended up) making a bunch of enemies for wanting to overhaul a bunch of principles for no reason. Leave it alone.

If you don't want to assimilate, that's ok! Don't force anyone to think the way you think, because you're the outsider here.

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
And, am I the only one this sounds extremely ****ed up to?
"I let him beat me once when I tried to play like him so I could get him to agree to a money match the next week on console. I showed Fireblaster the match and we both lol'd pretty hard. I also felt too bad for trying to take his money"
Its not like I kept this a secret from you ROFL:

Studstill

Smash Ace
Ok. I can take a hint. Sorry. The thread about people knowing things was....I don`t think you do understand me. It`s ok.
I`m sorry that I`m new to forums, and to what is clearly 'your' scene. I just love the game. And have for a very long time. I have a bunch of respect for Steve going to Japan, and for the work you all have already done on the game. My thread earlier was a final attempt at reason re: who has authority, if there even should be a non-collective "back room". There are a few debates I`m having right now re: my views and "the community", but you are correct:
It does not seem as if the rules are up for debate.
This leaves me with one question:
Is it the best it can be; have you actually figured it all out, and dissention should be tabled, permanently?
If the answer is Yes, then close this thread and I apologize for what y`all seem to think is an attack.

Again, it`s truly amazing the amount of information some of you have assembled here on SB, thank you!

*Steve:
I don`t care. The sandbagging thing, the way y`all act about the game, I just...........
I only speak for myself, my opinions should stand on their merit, and not on alleged support of the masses.
Peace.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
sangoku would need super powers, but it is a good option to have

☐ close thread
☑ close thread and everybody is friends

Studstill

Smash Ace
I`m sad the answer is yes, but I never intended to be relegated to one thread, like this stuff was legitimately insane.
Mixa, since my 'necrobumping' adventures are apparently bad form, I`d just like to say you are awesome, man, I`m about halfway through the Ask thread, and just finished the Read Before/advtech threads.
@ Sangoku Sangoku , re alleged 'necrobumping'
NO You're old news!....

In all seriousness though with the community as it is old news doesnt hurt to be refreshed

Studstill

Smash Ace
As evidenced by the installment 3 of Sig Battle. I think @ Herbert Von Karajan Herbert Von Karajan should be in the lead however, I think I could kill @SuPeRbOoM `s pika twice in a single 7 stock match. If this proves to be false, I can certainly do it in a 10 stock match.

Studstill

Smash Ace
How did this master level trolling slip by. Absolutely hilarious.
upload_2014-7-2_8-21-59.png

Whatchu talking bout, Sangoku?
Too many super`s in that sentence, but is there more than one SuPeRbOoM?
Perhaps a poem for clarity?

The man Karajan
is one of bright mind indeed
he goads me to poke
a most formidable beast

XD

Last edited:

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
priority exists. example: pink samus has higher priority

black samus is only good in the japanese version

orange samus is only good if the player who's playing her is a salty samus main
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!

Wow color really does matter(racism intended =p)

Who is down to do some testing?

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
As evidenced by the installment 3 of Sig Battle. I think @ Herbert Von Karajan Herbert Von Karajan should be in the lead however, I think I could kill @SuPeRbOoM `s pika twice in a single 7 stock match. If this proves to be false, I can certainly do it in a 10 stock match.
Well those rules wouldnt be fair because the only 2 kills I counted happened in the same match with only 5 stocks. But I'll make you a deal. If at zenith, you can get 2 KO's on booms pika with 7 stocks, I will delete my signature. But when you cannot do it, the deal is you must never ever claim that hyrule is good for a competitive ruleset ever again, and if you do your penalty is permanent ban from smashboards. Should be easy for you though cause you said you are equal level to me and will probably be at booms level by zenith.

The rules would be:
7 or 10 stocks
hyrule
best of 1
no items
You win if your KO count is 2 or more
Time limit of 96 seconds per stock
At the end of the time limit whoever is ahead by stocks wins unless you already killed him 2 times
boom is not allowed to jump off the edge of the stage to kill himself lol
if you hit boom into a tornado, it does not count as a KO (it would make the tornado's kill count go up 1 then you gotta get 3 KO's lol)

Last edited:

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
Talking about colours, I've always found it funny how you were playing yellow Kirby vs Ruoka's black Falcon at Apex.

My (EXACT) reaction, no lie: And who knows maybe I was using the wrong color this whole time if only I can find out how.

*Then i thought about what you meant*

*30 seconds later* Ohhh its because he's....and I'm....XD

Haven't had a good laugh for a while. Mod of the year right there

Studstill

Smash Ace
Well those rules wouldnt be fair because the only 2 kills I counted happened in the same match with only 5 stocks. But I'll make you a deal. If at zenith, you can get 2 KO's on booms pika with 7 stocks, I will delete my signature. But when you cannot do it, the deal is you must never ever claim that hyrule is good for a competitive ruleset ever again, and if you do your penalty is permanent ban from smashboards. Should be easy for you though cause you said you are equal level to me and will probably be at booms level by zenith.

The rules would be:
7 or 10 stocks
hyrule
best of 1
no items
You win if your KO count is 2 or more
Time limit of 96 seconds per stock
At the end of the time limit whoever is ahead by stocks wins unless you already killed him 2 times
boom is not allowed to jump off the edge of the stage to kill himself lol
if you hit boom into a tornado, it does not count as a KO (it would make the tornado's kill count go up 1 then you gotta get 3 KO's lol)
What? Talk about cognitive dissonance. And thanks for the compliment on my poem.
So, I`ll just play him online, and try to get 2 stocks. Simple.
I think your sig is hilarious, but I will not be wagering some ridiculousness. Banning Hyrule. It`s ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom