• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cold Shoulders: Ice Climbers Social Thread

Samwisely

Smash Apprentice
How do you switch climbers on the ledge? I've done it before on accident, but it's a PM specific thing that I've never learned.

Psi Sig

Smash Journeyman
being that unlike you stay synced when one is one the ledge you can press shield to have the ledge climber roll up, while you roll toward the ledge with the other and the control stick hold diagonal toward the ledge, this makes your character fall off and grab for some reason. alternately you wavedash out of shield (nevermind you might make nana airdodge to her death). These are the ones that i cant think of off the top of my head, but I will lab some more options out later tonight.

Last edited:

Psi Sig

Smash Journeyman
Time to welcome the Ice Age.
AWWWW YEAAA, thats what I like to hear, really excited to you play, sharkz is the only other Melee IC player that also plays them in PM that i know of so it'll be cool to see how you go about them in this game
also sorry i got home way later than I thought I was going to, I should have that ledge stuff tomorrow.

Laughman99

Smash Rookie
How do you switch climbers on the ledge? I've done it before on accident, but it's a PM specific thing that I've never learned.
I know what you are talking about. I've done it on stream, I just need to figure out how make a gif and I'll post and write up how to do it.

Laughman99

Smash Rookie

• Roll to ledge, jump with nana while desynced, then roll again to push her to grab the ledge.
    • This option allows nana to ledgehog and give you full control of how to handle the other options selected on stage.

I've been doing this one for a while and there are other methods available.

Samwisely

Smash Apprentice
AWWWW YEAAA, thats what I like to hear, really excited to you play, sharkz is the only other Melee IC player that also plays them in PM that i know of so it'll be cool to see how you go about them in this game.
I mean, my results have been getting better, and I'm certainly improving, but I'm not near that level yet, haha. Give me a bit, I'm only now starting to make waves in-state.

Minus Monday, because man that was rough. Honestly, my biggest issues are mindset problems right now.

Samwisely

Smash Apprentice
Is the frame data on pivot desyncs the same as in Melee? I want to give myself more options to play with, so I've been meaning to figure that one out. Just want to know if the timing is the same, since I don't do it in either currently.

Psi Sig

Smash Journeyman
Is the frame data on pivot desyncs the same as in Melee? I want to give myself more options to play with, so I've been meaning to figure that one out. Just want to know if the timing is the same, since I don't do it in either currently.
I'm unsure, i dont play melee much, it'll probably feel different because of changes to the control stick's sensitivity

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It feels more like brawls pivot desynch which is better I think.

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
hey nice to see some vids on the climbers, though be aware that you can tech the footstool, so you may not be able to get the jab reset
oh ok thanks... didnt know that. but when your in the middle of a match whos gonna expect that the first time...:) XD

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Eh. I'm too lazy to look through my clips lol. You can use the same ones I posted in the other combo video thing if you want. Either that or just leave me out.

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
It's not my combo video, it's just one made of community members. I'll find it.
ok thanks bud:) cant wait to add you

Edit: Here: http://smashboards.com/threads/i-want-to-make-a-combo-video.414801/
its only for project m tho

Edit: Here: http://smashboards.com/threads/i-want-to-make-a-combo-video.414801/
ok my man. thanks so much:)

Psi Sig Psi Sig if you main icies send me footage and ill add you too:) ttell me what your gamer tag should be called and wa lah!

@FirewaterDM @Damp @Sharkz im making a Pm community icies combo video. if your interested pelase send me a link of footage youd like to include or links to it:) u dont have too but it'd be cool

941 941 i am maing a pm icies combo video. if ud like to be in it, please send me footage youd like to be in it or link to it:) you dont have to but id appreciate it

Psi Sig Psi Sig would you like in or nahh?

Last edited:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hey. Use the edit button.

Psi Sig

Smash Journeyman
1Flow 1Flow yea a lot of people are taken by surprised, always good to be prepared though. And I'm bad, my ICs arent tourney ready yet, can't wait to see what it

Laughman99

Smash Rookie
I only have a few games on stream, but feel free to look through my matches. my tag is Laugh if you search on youtube :D

Smash Journeyman
How did you get Nana to F-throw? Is the 1-frame input that allows you to control Nana's throw direction still in the game?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's because she grabbed outside of the range of the control bubble, so she attempted a dash toward popo which resulted in a fthrow.

Phresh123

Smash Apprentice
I agree, Hylian it's good to have you around to teach us things that comes out weird that we don't know.

Now only if we can see more gameplay of you...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Haha sorry. I don't play PM much anymore as it's completely dead in my scene and I focus on melee. I just stick around to make sure IC's stay perfect and to pass on knowledge :p.

If PM ever see's a final release you can probably expect me at more tournaments.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Afraid of Frizz confirmed.
People tell me I'm bad because I lose to his falcon :(.

And then he gets 2nd at TBH PM lol.

I hate people.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Why is that a bad thing?

Top Bottom