• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CoK111 - Columbus, OH May 12th! Midwest Circuit Season 2 is on its way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vocal

Smash Apprentice
Oh man people remember who I am, awesome. To save myself some embarrassment I won't be entering the tournament, but I will definitely be at cok eventually.

Vocal is 222good.
Jiano thinks I'm two hundredy twenty two worth of good :love:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
At least it is warmer this time.

Tayo stole my blanket at CoK II and I had to sleep on the rug in the venue with the cat for a long time. Then Trail threw things at me from the balcony and scared the cat away and I no longer had a cat in which to siphon heat from.

Then Tayo walked in with my blanket and I took it back from him.

Tayo also ate my cashews.

*shakes fist*

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOES VOCAL IS GOING AND I'M NOT

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I have never been so sad. But I still think I'm not going.

:cry::(:cry::(:cry::(

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
om****INGg, it was so ****ing cold at cok2, i couldnt ****ing stand it, i brough no sort of ****ing blankets and i almost ****ing died...that **** was ****ing nuts! When your stealing matresses from people to ****ing cover the **** up, its too ****ing cold!!

FrenzieFool

Smash Journeyman
Viperboy... team with me... or die? some options huh.... kishes aren't coming? :( hmmm.... I guess I will still find a way to enjoy myself :D

mathos

Smash Champion
Well to make whether johns CoK2 was in the fall. . . . . .

Vocal you should make Cove the scrub to come up too.

Big C: I deny you access to all technology, this includes a controller so I hope your mind powers are working.

KishSquared

Smash Master
First Circuit tourney without a Squared :( It will be teh sad.

Vocal is coming? If I had known that earlier I would be in my car RIGHT NOW.

Good luck to Mathos and the gang!! This tournament is gonna rock.

x1372

Smash Ace
Allright, sorry for bringing the whole wobbling thing up. Just out of curiousity though, who else in the midwest has shown they can do it, and is willing to try in a tourney situation other than John? Because from my understanding, John is the only person other than wobbles and chu who's used this tactic in tourney. It's your tourney, its your rules, I just really don't like the precedent of banning things before they're anywhere near conclusively broken, but it's not going to stop me from coming.

Anyone from the cleveland area want to carpool? I'm leaving saturday and returning saturday.

Incidentally, I'm bringing a mediumish TV with me. It's old, so it needs an RF adapter to use with a cube, but I'll bring the RF adapter too. Additionally, my parents don't want it anymore, so if anyone wants it as their own it's yours to keep.

*edit* dammit square, you have to come! you're the only SoF member I haven't beaten at one time or another!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Allright, sorry for bringing the whole wobbling thing up. Just out of curiousity though, who else in the midwest has shown they can do it, and is willing to try in a tourney situation other than John? Because from my understanding, John is the only person other than wobbles and chu who's used this tactic in tourney. It's your tourney, its your rules, I just really don't like the precedent of banning things before they're anywhere near conclusively broken, but it's not going to stop me from coming.

Anyone from the cleveland area want to carpool? I'm leaving saturday and returning saturday.

Incidentally, I'm bringing a mediumish TV with me. It's old, so it needs an RF adapter to use with a cube, but I'll bring the RF adapter too. Additionally, my parents don't want it anymore, so if anyone wants it as their own it's yours to keep.

*edit* dammit square, you have to come! you're the only SoF member I haven't beaten at one time or another!

Uhhh..... First dibs on the free TV?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Then where are you at? I can't find you.
hiding

Also, on a completely unrelated note, about this wobbles thing.

How is it banned? Are we just not allowed to f-tilt or d-tilt when we have someone in a grab, not allowed to do it for more than X amount of seconds, not allowed to do it for more than x amount of %?

Impp

Smash Ace

!
Yeah, I wouldn't mind car pooling. I'm kinda nervous that my breaks are going, and don't want to do the longish trip. Just PM me with the details. I'd be alright driving to where you're at, and going from there, and of course, I'll help pay for gas. Also I was gonna bring a gamecube and T.V, a really small one. Let me know if there is room.

And also, I got a T.V, and a gamecube, but no copy of Smash, so if someone can bring a copy.

Big_R

Smash Champion
i'm gonna go with mathos being there at 5 at the earliest, and i gotta get some plans together cuz tc is being dumb and not answering his phone, so i will pry be there at 7 at the earliest looking more like 8 or 9 but who knows

Sliq

Smash Master
I will battle OS for rights to Camper Bob's old TV.

I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CRAB BATTLE.

Damien (my crab) is going to murder your crab.

Also, sadface at Prime not going. I was hoping he could give me tips and candy, but now I'll get neither.

Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down--although they do get DQ'ed...

KishPrime

BRoomer
:(

I really am sad. But between the loss of Squared, about 15 hours of sleep this week, one of my cars, and the check engine light on in the other car, I think I'm done.

BUT NO JOHNS

x1372

Smash Ace
Impp, check your PMs, and message me.

As for the TV, you guys can figure it out. I caught my parents carrying it out to the curb on tuesday, and asked them to save it for me. At least someone will get use out of it now.

However, I can't bring a gamecube for it, since my gamecube's busted and I'm a little hesitant about bringing the wii (plus if there's any difference between playing smash on wii and smash on gamecube... eh, only thing I found was that it was easier to get two "black holes" going on wii but whatev).

Best of luck everyone!

KishPrime

BRoomer
Man I wish there were updates.

I also wish I didn't get stuck here wasting my day.

Drephen

Smash Master
results

Singles
1.) Drephen =)
2.) Jiano
3.) Cunning
4.) Mathos

Teams
1.) Tink and Iggy
2.) Nubsauce
3.) Cunning and Eddie

mathos is a beast

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Nubsauce beat me and Tink in winners bracket, and then we came back and beat them 3-1 and 3-0 in two sets in losers for teh win.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Yeh, all good stuff. I liked it.

[by the way, if someone found my Wavebird there, i would greatly appreciate it if you decided not to keep it. It's silver with gray battery cover. I can't do doublemint without it!]

Sliq

Smash Master
Watty only won at poker because friggin' viperboy, Jiano, and Tink practically gave all their chips to him, and he had me covered like 3 times over.

This tournament was too good. I got a lost of **** recorded, and I gave Jiano the tape, so it should be up a lot faster than if I had done it. Next time I think I'll take the remote for it, because it was on SP instead of SLP, so we ran out of tape near the end. :(

Not nearly as big a turnout as COK 2, but still fun.

Can't wait for the next tournament, whenever that is.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
excellent tournament. I'll post pictures soon, especially the surprised watty/mathos picture.

On a completely unrelated note

MATHOOOOOOOOOOOS

I left my jacket at the venue :(

It is hanging on a bathroom stall near the bunkhouse. It is the black jacket that you rubbed your wet hands on. If you find it and could give it to me/sliq/kel at the next tournament or something, I would be very grateful :(

Also, this tournament ran really smoothly except for Vidjo.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Really glad I went. I got to hang out a lot later this time than at CoK 1, resulting in me meeting/chatting with more people. Shoutout time!!!

Drephen: Dang, boy, your Sheik kills me. I'm bad against Sheiks as it is, but JEEZ. Gettin' stuck with you in my pool was painful. Congratz on your win. Got plenty of vids of you and Jiano and Mathos all playing. They'll be up soon, trash talk included!

Sliq: You are one funny guy. You were quiet when I first met you (PSG 2v2 tournament a while back), so I had no idea. Loved discussing the freaked out tree at Dreamland. Good stuff, son.

Mathos: I <3 you. Hope I get to come to more CoK events. This was really awesome, as are you. BTW, never knew 'Mathos' was just 'Thomas' mixed up. Learn something new everyday. Oh, and thanks for inviting me into you and Watty's huddle. I felt involved from that moment forward.

Watty: Missed playing you for the third time now. I have yet to go 1v1 against you. I have to do that next time. Nice to see you again, and I really wanted to mess with you while you were sleeping on that couch halfway through... Was gonna wake you up with the blow-up doll... It woulda been great...

JoeBushman: Another guy I didn't get to play, but really wanted to. Would've gotten crushed, but it would have been cool none the less.

Vidjo: Had some nice friendlies with you. Though I still got JV 4-stocked, I think I actually did better against you than I expected. However, you probably were sandbagging, so it's not like it really matters anyways. =D Sorry you had to leave so early.

Vocal: Your Sheik is just one step above me. Once I've had more experience, I'm taking you down! :) j/k. Good games, bro.

Cunning: Yeesh. I play you at CoK 1 and get humbled. I play you at Cok 111, thinking I've gotten way better, and practically get just as humbled. You is too good, man. But I loves it!

Frenzie Fool: Finally met you. Sorry I couldn't 'make with the sex' for the Mowntin Doo I ordered, but maybe my fifty cents held you over. Your Doctor Mario is a beast.

Alpha Zealot: Another I'd always heard of, but never met. You seemed pretty cool, but we really didn't talk too much. You had a lady friend there keeping your attention. :)

That's it for now. I gotta go at the moment. I'll let Du$7m4n make is comments on here soon as well. Again, I'm really glad I went to this, and hopefully I'll see you guys at FC or any other tournies I can make it to.

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
lol at vidjo getting bashed, he must of done something pretty emooo, anyway i left the ole' cube up there did anyone grab it? Big_R im hoping you did..since it was half of your setup

p.s those roads out there all look exactly the same at night, WTF..never been lost so many times in my lifeee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom