• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Codes that we still need

D

Deleted member

we ahve come along way but we are still missing out some codes. now, since we don't have that much coders, and almas is busy with the giant engine code, I thought it would be a good idea to open up some discussion on what we actually need and what we don't.

over the past week I've noted down some requests from you all, and I tried to orderthem in terms of priority:

IC infinte (swap working around)
MK 7 times ledgegrab
invincibility marth upB
lucario aura stock
yoshi side-B fix
fix walljumps
pokemon type effect
fix windmill on PS1
hitbox duration

plz comment and use this thread to put up serious code requests (unlike in kupo's thread, no offense, which are a tad random)

EDIT: oh and I will use this thread to dump further codes and snippets to prevent further clutter on the board

Revven

FrankerZ
Samus bombs hit on contact with the opponent and when Samus lands on them. Basically, the way they work in Melee, as in Brawl they instead have a timer of sorts on them. It ruins them as a combo starter for her and that is basically the last thing she needs to be fixed and be finished!

Port Priority - Dumb "bug" if you will. Basically, P4 is the best port to stick your controller in if you're Snake as if you drop a grenade, grab someone, wait until it explodes the opponent goes flying but, not you. Both people should fly REGARDLESS of port. Not a huge priority, but, needs to be fixed.

DK Cargo Fthrow pressing Up to escape - Now, I am not sure if this works only when tap jump is on or not but, I do remember in the DK boards that this was stupid as it works at ANY percent. Normally, you have to mash to escape and it is percent specific, but, pressing Up takes all the depth away from both opponents. Needs to be fixed, but, low priority.

Add these two to the Triple Jump Glitch Fix code - Sonic (the "air trip" bug, not sure how it works, someone please give info on how it works) and Lucario Up B where if you have tap jump off you can't do Up B again on the ground until you SH or jump.

Edit stage hazards in KB and damage

Perfect Shield Buffer Window fix - Basically, the moments where you accidentally PS and don't mean to. I swear it deals with buffering the shield in some way or the window has some special properties, basically, it needs to lock (the window) at a certain point like we discussed awhile ago.

That's all I can think of atm.

Edit: PK just told me port priority cannot be fixed. Looks like we're stuck with something stupid afterall. -_-

Paprika_Killer said:
port priority is impossible, due to the way the game handles stuff. it simply can't calculate stuff for all players at the same time

D

Deleted member

Hitbox duration can be done with the framespeed mod.
I should've been more clear on that one (I mostly copy-pasted my own notes), but this is about "spacial" hitboxes, such as PK flash and probably most projectiles

kupo15

Smash Hero
Teching during SDI
Forbidden SDI (most likely with ^^^^)
Meteor canceling
Throw mods
SDI in the Cstick
Dsmash in cstick when crouching
Char specific friction

I am pretty sure these are universally agreed
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clean up NASL
No auto sweet spots from side bs and by hitting something

Sliding techs

Basically, if you are hit horizontally, you slide when you tech. This helps to not make teching so stupid by being able to stop all momentum from a super powerful move a few feet in front of being hit. It makes sense with physics to slide during the tech which will help minimize damage from the move instead of completely removing it. Did you know that this was in both melee and 64?
New launch angles (Not having weaker move override strong; work together)

Possible ledge range reduction
The range is too much as I have demonstrated with the videos I have shown.

Possible edge canceled aerials

This will allow you to slide off the ledges to cancel aerials to add more depth to the game

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Samus bombs hit on contact with the opponent and when Samus lands on them. Basically, the way they work in Melee, as in Brawl they instead have a timer of sorts on them. It ruins them as a combo starter for her and that is basically the last thing she needs to be fixed and be finished!
Samus' bombs should not explode when she lands on them...

Teching during SDI
Meteor canceling
Throw mods
SDI in the Cstick
Char specific friction

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clean up NASL

Sliding techs

Basically, if you are hit horizontally, you slide when you tech. This helps to not make teching so stupid by being able to stop all momentum from a super powerful move a few feet in front of being hit. It makes sense with physics to slide during the tech which will help minimize damage from the move instead of completely removing it. Did you know that this was in both melee and 64?

This will allow you to slide off the ledges to cancel aerials to add more depth to the game
How come pretty much every suggestion you made is something from Melee? I thought the whole point of Brawl+ wasn't to make Melee 2.0?

Revven

FrankerZ
OH! Add one more fix to PS1:

On the rock/ground transformation of the stage, on the right side where the edge is, if you try to walk near the portion to the rock but stop at where the white of the edge ends, your character will go into the animation as though there is legitimately a ledge there. While it is true that the edge there is slightly elevated above the rock, it stops rolls, dashing, and among other things. It gets in the way at times, but, isn't a priority to fix (and if it can't be fixed that is cool as well). It would be nice if this could be looked into and somehow fixed.

Character specific hitstun (or, if PK gets it working, HITBOX specific hitstun!)

Edit: Sorry Chibo, my mistake. But by saying make them work more like Melee, I thought it was okay anyway to show what I meant.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Samus' bombs should not explode when she lands on them...
I kinda agree. She should just be able to act from the bomb jump

How come pretty much every suggestion you made is something from Melee? I thought the whole point of Brawl+ wasn't to make Melee 2.0?
I'm glad you asked so I can show you. (one of the only times I'll use red in my quotes)

Teching during SDI
Ledge teching. You don't want it? I'm pretty everyone has expressed their feelings on how important it is

Unless you want teching to be broken, don't include this (unless its already in the game but we won't know until we can tech during hitlag now can we? And seeing how we can't already, I'm assuming its not in brawl)

Forbidden Smash DI :

If you are on the ground and are hit by a non-techable move that sends you horizontally or downwards, you won't be able to Smash DI up.
I call this Forbidden Smash DI. It would in fact be broken because you would take the hit airborne, you would land on the ground without any stun.
The developpers saw this and prevented that from happening.
Forbidden Smash DI makes sure you stay stunned on the ground when you're hit by Fox's Aerial Down A, Fox's shine or any other relatively weak hit nailing you into the ground.
Meteor canceling
No more mashing up b's to MC. This makes MCing more technical so they have more reward to the risk. Something we have discussed and agreed that we need

Throw mods
I hope you are not questioning this

SDI in the Cstick
Makes sense so that SDIing doesn't work against you. A fundamental game mechanic working against you?

Weren't you the first person to request this change?

Char specific friction
Once again, something pretty much agreed to fix the excessive sliding on some characters like Falcon

Clean up NASL
This is found in both melee and 64 and is aimed to keep consistency throughout the series (and brawl for that matter) as well as adding depth to the ledge game.

Sliding techs

This was in both melee and 64. Lets not have this stupidity that happens on more moves than the gentlemen.
http://www.mediafire.com/?jydhzmunjm5

Still not melee specific seeing how both melee and 64 had smaller grab ranges than brawl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMbgxD5l8xQ&feature=channel_page

This was also in both melee and 64
How come pretty much every suggestion you made is something from Melee? I thought the whole point of Brawl+ wasn't to make Melee 2.0
Brawl+ is a game aimed to make Brawl a smash game because vbrawl is not a smash game. It does that by taking aspects from both melee (the epitome of smash development) and 64 (where it all started) Even if it was a melee only mechanic (see: meteor canceling) we would be foolish to not accept refined melee mechanics for the sake of it being melee. Basically, an Ad Hominiem argument against melee should not be our reasoning for not taking something that is so vital to brawl.

Character specific hitstun (or, if PK gets it working, HITBOX specific hitstun!)
That is so much work when we could use the simple solution of universal dgrav :(

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Falco400 - Yea the rest you said about the bombs was right, just not them exploding when Samus touches them, only her opponent

kupo - I appreciate the explainations, and it def shed some light on some things i wasnt sure of such as this forbidden di thing. it just seemed odd how like every single thing was a melee tech taken out of brawl.

i disagree with some of your brash statements like vBrawl not being a smash game, but i agree with a good amount of your suggestions, just not all of them. "It was in 64 and Melee" isn't a appropriate reason for it to be in Brawl. Games evolve, new features are added, and some can be taken out if it's not fitting anymore.

I personally disagree with DSI in cstick (is there rly a good point to this? also doesnt make too much sense tbqh despite it being in melee).

the NASL stuff and ledge range reduction (because the game is quite different and was originally designed from the ground up to have auto sweetspot, taking it out caused problems. We have awkward recoveries now like Diddy, ROB, and Pit whose recoveries all were made originally with sweetspotting in mind. Not to mention other options don't work like the rest such as Lucario's upB still sweetspotting. if you make it so you can't sweetspot while going vertical, I guarantee you will get glitches like say MetaKnight overB'ing into the ledge. He will just stay there spinning endlessly until the move is over. Not only is this unnatural, but it also gives METAKNIGHT another amazing edgeguard, allowing him to sit at the ledge in a ridiculously high priority move for a long time. We can't tack on Melee like edge codes because this game wasn't originally meant to have it.

Also, I still don't get what the big fuss about meteor cancelling is. Despite everyone saying it's a problem, I've yet to see it really be one, especially after watching matches at BtL, I couldn't find any instance of someone abusing meteor canceling like you say it is. I saw one or two nice meteor cancels at mediocre percents at fair distances. Until the meteor cancel system is proven to be OP, then don't change it.

Edge canceled aerials - no real reason to add them. Plus, are you sure they aren't in? I thought they were...

kupo15

Smash Hero
i disagree with some of your brash statements like vBrawl not being a smash game, but i agree with a good amount of your suggestions, just not all of them. "It was in 64 and Melee" isn't a appropriate reason for it to be in Brawl. Games evolve, new features are added, and some can be taken out if it's not fitting anymore.
I honestly feel that brawl has the bells and whistles of a smash game, but at the core of the game, its not a smash game because of all the things taken out from it. I'm trying to fight to add these mechanics back in (not just from you) and get resistance for reasons I don't know.

the NASL stuff and ledge range reduction (because the game is quite different and was originally designed from the ground up to have auto sweetspot, taking it out caused problems. We have awkward recoveries now like Diddy, ROB, and Pit whose recoveries all were made originally with sweetspotting in mind. Not to mention other options don't work like the rest such as Lucario's upB still sweetspotting.
You can remove the explosion from diddy.
if you make it so you can't sweetspot while going vertical, I guarantee you will get glitches like say MetaKnight overB'ing into the ledge. He will just stay there spinning endlessly until the move is over. Not only is this unnatural, but it also gives METAKNIGHT another amazing edgeguard, allowing him to sit at the ledge in a ridiculously high priority move for a long time. We can't tack on Melee like edge codes because this game wasn't originally meant to have it.
Well, oddly enough, I think that MKs side b doesn't auto sweet spot but you still can AS while moving down because that is how the ledge should work. AS only in the downward direction.
Also, I still don't get what the big fuss about meteor cancelling is. Despite everyone saying it's a problem, I've yet to see it really be one, especially after watching matches at BtL, I couldn't find any instance of someone abusing meteor canceling like you say it is. I saw one or two nice meteor cancels at mediocre percents at fair distances. Until the meteor cancel system is proven to be OP, then don't change it.
Up b MC are easier than jump MCs. Why?
Edge canceled aerials - no real reason to add them. Plus, are you sure they aren't in? I thought they were..
They are definitely not in brawl. Notice how we couldn't wavedash off edges?

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I personally disagree with DSI in cstick (is there rly a good point to this? also doesnt make too much sense tbqh despite it being in melee).
Double stick DI kicked ***. I want it back!!!!! I honestly don't see why we shouldn't bring this back if we have the code space (which doesn't seem to be like an issue anymore). It's a subtle but awesome mechanic that adds a decent amount of depth.

I don't agree with the cleaning up NASL thing. I always thought it was awesome how you could press upB next to the ledge and grab it. I don't see this as something that needs to be removed honestly.

I don't see how a lowered ledge grab range is a bad thing, or how it could make characters ledge game more awkward like Chibo is suggesting. I think having less of a ledge range would be for the best, cause right now there really isn't much "edge guarding" it's mostly just abusing people trying to get back on to the stage from the ledge or pursuing the opponent off of the stage.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I don't agree with the cleaning up NASL thing. I always thought it was awesome how you could press upB next to the ledge and grab it. I don't see this as something that needs to be removed honestly.
Wait, you like auto sweet spot ledges and want to remove the NASL code?

D

Deleted member

my turn to comment stuff ^^

Teching during SDI
okay prob is good, will see if it can be done
sounds cool, see above
Meteor canceling
didn't we already have meteor canceling in this game?
Throw mods
did you READ the OP? I put this one way above all others
SDI in the Cstick
see other DI stuff
not possible due to the way the game reads sticks
Char specific friction
if I'm not mistaken almas is gonna put this in his big engine code

Clean up NASL
I dunno, the ledge game has gotten pretty balanced by now, but I'll look into it

Sliding techs
no, just no. do you have any idea how hard this would be to make?

YES. I will add this
wut? I'll add it to the lower end of the list
and to smk, that rock thingy is more than likely impossible.

whoever said that the move specific hitstun is hard prob hasn't raken good notice of the hitbox size thing. it is as easy as that, same for move specific hitlag.
only reason that it isn't put in yet is because it would give every hitbox 3 values that are almost never used.

Almas

Smash Lord
I guess a second hitbox code would be useful, paprika. Give me the data locations and I'll try and think of an elegant way to write it while I work on the other stuff (only the framespeed and hitbox codes remain, but trying to code search algorithms in assembly is causing a lot of hassle).

You can already tech during SDI, but there are some limitations. According to Spunit, during SDI you can tech any object that you would hit naturally (e.g. if you are being spiked when you are adjacent to the floor, you can tech during that hitlag), or any ceiling.

I believe you can already platform cancel aerials, but it also has some restrictions too. The fact that you couldn't waveland off the stage backwards is confusing because I could swear that at times I have used the technique (and both have the same movement ID). A suitable description would probably be "Movement due to sliding whilst not in hitstun cannot cause you to leave a platform".

Character specific NASL should be a doozy. Compare the value of r29 when the code triggers with that during framespeed, momentum, hitbox etc. Removing the property that people sweetspot upon landing a hit with their Up+B may be trickier (I -think- it's caused by hitlag), but I haven't investigated.

The issue with meteor cancelling is that there are no true spikes in the game. I personally don't see issue with this - it requires thought on the part of the player performing the spike, and requires some skill to still survive spikes at anything other than extremely low %s. Consider Marth's Dair in PAL Melee - it is not a true spike, but you still see the Ken Combo killing players even at top levels of play. I believe spunit suggested that a certain "special" knockback trajectory (something like 365 degrees) counted as a true spike, but I'm not sure if that was confirmed.

D

Deleted member

I guess a second hitbox code would be useful, paprika. Give me the data locations and I'll try and think of an elegant way to write it while I work on the other stuff (only the framespeed and hitbox codes remain, but trying to code search algorithms in assembly is causing a lot of hassle).

You can already tech during SDI, but there are some limitations. According to Spunit, during SDI you can tech any object that you would hit naturally (e.g. if you are being spiked when you are adjacent to the floor, you can tech during that hitlag), or any ceiling.

I believe you can already platform cancel aerials, but it also has some restrictions too. The fact that you couldn't waveland off the stage backwards is confusing because I could swear that at times I have used the technique (and both have the same movement ID). A suitable description would probably be "Movement due to sliding whilst not in hitstun cannot cause you to leave a platform".

Character specific NASL should be a doozy. Compare the value of r29 when the code triggers with that during framespeed, momentum, hitbox etc. Removing the property that people sweetspot upon landing a hit with their Up+B may be trickier (I -think- it's caused by hitlag), but I haven't investigated.

The issue with meteor cancelling is that there are no true spikes in the game. I personally don't see issue with this - it requires thought on the part of the player performing the spike, and requires some skill to still survive spikes at anything other than extremely low %s. Consider Marth's Dair in PAL Melee - it is not a true spike, but you still see the Ken Combo killing players even at top levels of play. I believe spunit suggested that a certain "special" knockback trajectory (something like 365 degrees) counted as a true spike, but I'm not sure if that was confirmed.
that would be a good idea to dump all the hitbox crap in. then I'll use the new values for that stuff instead of the new dmg etc.

to everybody, shall we keep the size in the current hitbox code or shall I put that in this seperate one too?

kupo15

Smash Hero
Clean up NASL
I dunno, the ledge game has gotten pretty balanced by now, but I'll look into it
I think that fixing by limiting AS only in the downward direction would keep it just as balanced but add more depth. But thanks for looking into it.

Sliding techs
no, just no. do you have any idea how hard this would be to make?
I have no idea how hard it would be. Is there something you can use as a reference like getting up while sliding on the ground?
The fact that you couldn't waveland off the stage backwards is confusing because I could swear that at times I have used the technique (and both have the same movement ID).
Are you sure that you didn't accidentally "walked" off the stage? Several people thought that you can waveland or dash off ledges but you can't. If you pick luigi and let go of the joystick during the slide from a waveland, the edge completely stops you.

@paprika: In melee and even in 64, you could lets say link, do a dair while moving in the air, land on the edge and slide off the platform during the landing lag to remove all landing lag and have great mobility. In fact, in 64 you could even slide off backwards like a wave land if you turn around during your dash dash near the ledge

D

Deleted member

since all of these codes fell of the front page, I'll just bump this thread with them

CAM

PAL
Code:
Conditional Action Modifier [The Paprika Killer, Almas]
C277A780 0000000F
2C030000 41820060
3C008180 80BF0008
80A5FFFC 7C050000
4080004C 80A50030
80DE0038 3CE08058
60E70800 85070008
7D09C671 41820034
2C09FFFF 41A2000C
7C092800 4082FFE8
5509043E 7C093000
4082FFDC 81070004
5509843E 7C09E000
4082FFCC 551C043E
60000000 939E0038
60000000 00000000
data adress: 80580808

NTSC
Code:
Conditional Action Modifier [The Paprika Killer, Almas]
C277F780 0000000F
2C030000 41820060
3C008180 80BF0008
80A5FFFC 7C050000
4080004C 80A50030
80DE0038 3CE08058
60E70800 85070008
7D09C671 41820034
2C09FFFF 41A2000C
7C092800 4082FFE8
5509043E 7C093000
4082FFDC 81070004
5509843E 7C09E000
4082FFCC 551C043E
60000000 939E0038
60000000 00000000
data adress: 80580808

Hitbox Shift Mod

PAL
Code:
Hitbox Shift Mod [The Paprika Killer]
C273FA38 00000013
90030040 3C008180
80FC0028 81070008
8108FFFC 7C080000
4080007C 81080030
80DE0020 5106C00E
801E0000 5006821E
801E0018 5006442E
80E7007C 80E70038
813E0030 5127C0CE
801E0014 50076226
3902F438 85480010
81680004 7D405B79
41820034 7C0A3000
4082FFEC 7C0B3800
4082FFE4 C003000C
C0280008 EC00082A
D003000C C0030010
C028000C EC00082A
D0030010 00000000
data adress: 805AA528

NTSC
Code:
Hitbox Shift Mod [The Paprika Killer]
C2744A38 00000013
90030040 3C008180
80FC0028 81070008
8108FFFC 7C080000
4080007C 81080030
80DE0020 5106C00E
801E0000 5006821E
801E0018 5006442E
80E7007C 80E70038
813E0030 5127C0CE
801E0014 50076226
3902F438 85480010
81680004 7D405B79
41820034 7C0A3000
4082FFEC 7C0B3800
4082FFE4 C003000C
C0280008 EC00082A
D003000C C0030010
C028000C EC00082A
D0030010 00000000
data adress: 805A8768

HOW STUFF WORKS

ok first off, the data adresses.

to turn the adress into a wroking code, you need to change the "80" at the start of the adress in "06", and then after that (on the second part on the line) put your bytecount, or lenght of the data you are writing.

so 805A8768 would look like:

065A8768 BYTECOUN

to calculate bytecount:
multiply each line you are writing (so not this line) by 8 and then turn than into HEX (use windows calculator).

so when I would write 3 lines it would look like:

065A8768 00000018
XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

THE FORMAT OF THE CODES

CAM

format:
XX00YYYY ZZZZWWWW
XX = char ID
YYYY = previous move check
ZZZZ = current move check
WWWW = what current is replaced with

-charID (or character ID) is easy, you can look this up in the code agenda thread (by kupo).
-previous move check. this is the previous action your character should have done, for example you are going in freefall, and the previous action should have been an upB.
-current action check. to see if your character is actually doing what should be changed. in above example, going into freefall.
-replce it with. what you actually want to change the current action to. in above example, we might not want to go into freefall, but instead normal falling

(all actions are written in action IDs, which you can also find in kupo's agenda thread)

note: you can make the code affect every character by filling in "FF" as charID

Hitbox Shift Mod

format:
XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
VERTICAL HORIZONT

ok the X's are an identifier line, which you can find in giza's hitbox thread (stickied in WBR. if you see a lot of lines with a certain hitbox, take the first line)

the VERT and HORI are written in floats, and they are by how much you translate a hitbox.
up is a positive value, down negative.
more in front of you is positive, more behind you is a negative value.

as rule of thumb, the building block in stage creator are 20 units (I believe the small ones), and character like mario are about 8 units high.

I hope this clears some stuff up.

I also updated the first post somewhat

shanus

Smash Hero
paprika, if you have the time. can you look into fixing the camera code and also the Dash Cancel Crash?

D

Deleted member

EDIT: smk reported major errors, so this need more work first

VietGeek

Smash Hero
What freeze...? There was rarely ever a freeze from that. I've seen no reports on it either.

Unless you mean where it freezes during "Game!"

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I'd like to add "Tether grabs can grab opponents out of hitstun" to that list.

The Cape

Smash Master
Shell, I think they just cant grab out of tumble, but it may be hitstun.

Either way, why should they fail on grabs when other chars dont?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Random stuff peeps have agreed on into one magic list that didn't seem to be touched here.

And yeah this is a bump.

Modifiers:

- Super Armor Modifier
- Char. Spec. Friction
- Char. Spec. Hitstun
- Char. Spec. Weight

Rofl we like specifics.

Top Bottom