• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Close this thread plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hey im going to open a new thread so can you close this please : ) (You mod people)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok well one, I can tell ur doin it in paint, first off NEVER stretch the sprites seriously, u might as well put the comic in a bin and set it on fire :p haha

tip: if the sprite is too smal, use the select option, select the spirte while draggin the box, then go to stretch/skew, and put 200% 300% etc... NEVER put 150% or 239% or something like that, always a closed number (with 2 0s in the end)...

also work more in the comic, add some funny stuff and not just random "dont shoot me man!" dialogues, I too made a comic a long while back, was planning to start again, and since im now off school, I may indeed begin it, so u may have some competition :p

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well i am going for the quantity game here and there are more comics than the first one (BTW the lines around the text make it kinda bait its done on paint lol (i have nothing else).

Stryks

Smash Hero
For the lines just use a imple rectangle, erase a little bit in one of the lines, and then with the line tool, make 2 lines were u erased the part of the border to point to which character is talking, afterwards add text inside the rectangle...

Also try makin ur own sprites, dont get me wrong, I do too use sprites from srpiters resource, I mean make ur own characters so u can add them 2 the comic, it will make the comic more original, and I doubt people will complain, being a smash comic...

Here are some examples of my work:

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Lol im terrible at making sprites (i remember once i was making this custom animated enemy for one of my games on game maker i finished it and it was this great monster thing with like 20 different frames but then i accidentally added over 9Million frames and it crashed my computer -.-)

For my old Zelda comic i used to have a few custom sprites (Mostly just color changes to a few enemies).

But i might try again.

I was trying to make a penguin with a arm cannon but...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well i have already made 7 comics so i will update instead with at least 1 comic a day (So you might get more a day) i will add the third one now.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Guys i might add the 4th one later tonight if i get on the internet

BTW im gonna try and make it more funny in later issues, any tips on making it more funy would be appreciated.

I have updated with the 4th comic now enjoy!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I was thinking of putting another little (3 panels) comic here starring Skull kid as a spin off title, so if you want to do anything like that just Pm me.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Hey, could I make a little appearance in this comic as Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia? He rocks, and not to mention he looks a bit like me, cept a little skinnier, in a bright red shirt, with black overalls, and two swords.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
K so if anyone wants to do a spin off comic like that just ask me.

Ok i will try and incorporate you between comic 12 and 15 (Somewhere there)

(I am going to add another 2 comics tomorrow as well so look out for those).

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yo lego, not bad s far, still u just gotta work on the dialogue man, its kinda plain, also, is the reaper guy (or ur character), does he only have the sprite that looks directly to the screen? if so, u gotta have to look for a better one man, cause itwont make much sense, samus talking to some guy whose looking another way...

Im just givin ya tips man, to improve the comic, I MAY start mine soon, still gotta get some sprites im missing, also ive noticed ur no longer stretching the sprites, very nice! :p

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Stryks you just gave me an idea for an issue thanks and i think im keeping this character and him (Or me) Looking at the screen is kinda like me breaking the 4th wall and my character doesn't really need to look at them because he sees every thing!

And thanks for the tips man im looking forward to your comic .

Stryks

Smash Hero
Hey Its just a friendly competition, its no diferent from a friendly Melee match :p, besides I gave him some advise, and I fanything he pretty much convince me to revive my own comics, something I was planning to do sooner or l8r XD

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well i would like to eventually like to see that comic of yours and im going to update with issue 7 now (Issue 8 you can get tonight).

Issue 8 is now up and o look not a single person posted since this morning... thanks guys.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Mwahahaha! I'm in issue 13! I'll also be appearing in a much later comic he said...and, I'm possibly going to make my own comic sometime in the near future.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
They are very simple to update with i usually make one on a weekday and make quite a few on the week ends.

And people if you do like this comic post something its always better to let me know you are actually reading this.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well, like I said, work on the dialogue, do something creative not just:

Hmm we need a villain, I present u this guy!

Sorry If I sound to harsh, Im just triying to help u out, if ur telling a story, then make a story, not just putting samus against a guy wearing her armor, and then shes automatically fighting some guy for no reason, I for one havent begun the my comic cause I dont know how to start it, im not just gonna go "oh no its godzilla im gonna take him out!!" :p

Anyway its not bad believe me, Ive seen WAY worse comics whose dialogues is just copied form the simpsons, so just work at it, everyone starts from somewhere...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
That samus thing was just the prototype for the comic but i liked it and put it into the first comic but remember that guy is Roy and no one said Marth was the bad guy...

But thanks and why not start yours with a flash back if its a serious type one or if its not then with a bang.

saberhof

Smash Master
our comics never really followed a story, they were pretty random, and we are keeping them that way, stryks remember "the circle"

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hey your comic is great and i was thinking of doing something random in another spin off comic starring skull kid what do you think?

O yhea character bio's i might do them over the weekend.

And 10th issue is up.(Story will be back on track tomorrow)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Lol u names the comic 10th anniversary, and well anniversary, the annie part means anually which means every yearh, so haha ur comic doesnt have 10 years :p

Anyway the comic was to show some stuff in future comics rite? well u should have adde dmore stuff, I mean just 2 things aint really hype material, but anyway so far so good :p

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Sorry people i had a headache yesterday and was asleep from when i cam home from school so i will update now!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
There issue 12 is now up enjoy (For the 2 people that actually check this part of the forum).

Stryks

Smash Hero
True, u should put in backgrounds, it would make the comic look better, make some original characters, nad use proper text bubbles :p

*4th comic is up, but **** edit button doesnt let me add it on the 1st page, so go to the 4th page :p*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom