• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clone Engine Misc. Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I don't hate Shadow at all. Yeah, he's a bit angsty and melodramatic, but I still think he's kinda cool.

There are other Sonic characters I would prefer to see first, though. Knuckles tops my list of third-party characters we can actually use for the Clone Engine. I guess of the suggestions so far, it'd go Knuckles > Shadow > Silver >>> Tails >>>> Amy. Not sure where Metal Sonic falls into that list. Somewhere around Shadow, probably.

Either way though, I'd prefer we focus Nintendo characters before adding second third-party characters. Honestly, Sonic and Mega Man are the only third-party characters I place above Nintendo characters in terms of importance. And since we have Sonic and can't have Mega Man, I don't find any other third-parties important enough to warrant inclusion over a Nintendo character.

Shadow could be cool though.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
I think this discussion about Shadow kind of illuminates the truth of what Mithost was saying before - no matter who the PMBR picks, there are going to be people against that character.

It's different when it was someone already in Smash. We all got really excited about Roy, but if Roy had never been in a Smash game before and the PMBR added him, it'd be easy to see how all the people saying "Yay, Roy!" would've been drowned out by people saying "Roy? Why not Chrom/Saki/Dixie/Ridley/Sora/Cloud/Obama/etcetcetc". Similarly, there's only going to be happy feels when Samus, Yoshi, the ICies, Kirby, or Oli get back into the game.

I'm just worried that the PMBR would feel some pretty intense developer fatigue/burnout if they worked for 700 hours on Shadow (or any character), only to see people spit in their faces.

That'd be harsh! Heart-breaking! Soul-crushing! Devastating!!!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'd be happy with Shadow (although I'd prefer Knuckles, Metal Sonic, Tails, Amy, and THEN Shadow).

But being a loyal Sonic fan since the beginning of days, having Shadow over these other characters I mentioned would feel like a tremendous waste... The only game where he has played noticeably different from Sonic, was Sonic Battle (where EVERYONE played noticeable different from Sonic as well) on every other game, he was basically a re-skin to Sonic with one additional ability, or one ability less than him.

I wouldn't mind Shadow, I think he'd be a good inclusion.. But compared to the other characters who are more unique (gliding/climbing, flying/tech wizard, hammer/non-spinning moves, etc) variations of Sonic, I can't help feel it would be wasted potential.
But again, this coming from a Sonic fan's point of view.

Though as far as the mod thing goes, SEGA allows mods for anything (Sonic related at least). There's a Proffessor Pickle hack in Generations too, for that matter.

p.s. Again, just to clear it up. I'm not AGAINST Shadow. He'd be a cool Sonic addition, albeit not as exciting to me (from a gameplay perspective) as other more unique characters.

And just to clear things up even further, I like almost every Sonic character in existance, with only some exceptions: (If you must know: Eggman Nega, Mephiles, Elise, Dulcy, and Chris Thorndyke... and I kinda get upset about Omega too.. For replacing Gamma)

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
But being a loyal Sonic fan since the beginning of days, having Shadow over these other characters I mentioned would feel like a tremendous waste... The only game where he has played noticeably different from Sonic, was Sonic Battle (where EVERYONE played noticeable different from Sonic as well) on every other game, he was basically a re-skin to Sonic with one additional ability, or one ability less than him.
Doesn't he play pretty different in his own game? Or is that one of those things we don't talk about?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Doesn't he play pretty different in his own game? Or is that one of those things we don't talk about?

He has homing attack, spindash and triangle jump. All of these can be pulled off by Sonic.
He can karate chop.
Then he can wield weapons... Sonic can wield items in SSBB.
He can ride vehicles... Sonic has been driving them since Sonic Drift, Drift 2, All Stars Racing, and ASRT.

XD

The unique abilities Shadow uses are Chaos Blast and Chaos Control (Teleport) which are so OP they might as well be Final Smash material. (Very good picks for FS btw)

BTW: I was just feeling like having a lightBlackhearted discussion going on.

EDIT: I forgot Shadow has Chaos Spear, if the PMBR makes Shadow, a Chaos Spear ability is a MUST.

Somebody mentioned Metal Sonic. As much as I love the guy (one of my top 3 favorite characters) he too would be sort of a wasted spot.

In the past he used to be very different moveset-wise from Sonic. Nowdays he's just a lazy reskin as well.
:(

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Then he can wield weapons... Sonic can wield items in SSBB.
That hardly counts...it's not like Link ever swings a bat in any of the games, or uses a Fire Flower, but he can in Smash. Everyone can!

If Shadow can use guns and such, and no one else ever has in a game that wasn't a fighting game or something, then that's something right there. That could easily be used to distinguish himself from the Blue Blur.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
That hardly counts...it's not like Link ever swings a bat in any of the games, or uses a Fire Flower, but he can in Smash. Everyone can!

If Shadow can use guns and such, and no one else ever has in a game that wasn't a fighting game or something, then that's something right there. That could easily be used to distinguish himself from the Blue Blur.

Shadow used guns in ONE game that SEGA isn't very proud of. If it counts... fine, I guess.
Sonic can steal Fang's cork-gun in Sonic the Fighters, so he CAN use guns. It's just not his regular style.
And he can also use a sword in Sonic and the Black Knight.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I think there has to be a priority on Nintendo franchises, for me Sonic and Metal Gear series, are okay as right now in Project M, and Nintendo franchises needs the priority because theres are various that lacks of good representation, like F-Zero, Golden Sun, Sin & Punishment, etc. Heck its a sin that Metroid only got 1 character (not counting ZSS cause is the same char) then Metroid can enter in this list.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Shadow used guns in ONE game that SEGA isn't very proud of. If it counts... fine, I guess.
Why wouldn't Shadow's own game count? It's literally about him. If it's bad, it shouldn't count? It still gave him abilities he didn't have before.

Sonic can steal Fang's cork-gun in Sonic the Fighters, so he CAN use guns. It's just not his regular style.
I said not a fighting game.

And he can also use a sword in Sonic and the Black Knight.
We're talking about guns here, not weapons in general. I am, anyway.

I didn't mean to start an argument. But saying he can't have unique abilities is kind of silly when he does things no one else does in the main games.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Why wouldn't Shadow's own game count? It's literally about him. If it's bad, it shouldn't count? It still gave him abilities he didn't have before.
B-but I said it was fine! It counts! I'm counting all of the moves he has, anyway. Just calling it out because I'm unsure SEGA would want to make any of their characters hold a real-life gun again. But just to clarify, I count it. :D

I said not a fighting game.

We're talking about guns here, not weapons in general. I am, anyway.
Sadly, I can't accept this. Wether it's a fighting game, a puzzle game, or a racing game. Sonic CAN wield weapons, ride vehicles, etc. Otherwise, what's the point of them being made?

I accepted your point about Link having a fire flower/baseball bat because:
1) SSB was intended a party game where rules don't apply,
and 2) Because Link doesn't come into contact with a lot of items from SSB)

However Sonic the Fighters is a different matter. It belongs in the Sonic universe, he himself is not a stranger to guns, and Fang's gun is not an actual item he can pick up, it's a grab move animation.

Now as ultimate punishment, I will also remind you of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic games where there's an event called Skeet Shooting. :)

I didn't mean to start an argument. But saying he can't have unique abilities is kind of silly when he does things no one else does in the main games.
He can have unique abilities, I'm just saying he doesn't do much which Sonic can't already do. Even his Chaos Contol, much to my disgust, was ALSO ripped off by Sonic in SA2.

But look, I'm not saying this to undermine Shadow, ok? Sonic was pretty much based on the Sonic Battle moveset for P:M. ñ_ñ
So they can do that with Shadow too, who has a pretty unique moveset there. Fair? :)

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Sadly, I can't accept this. Wether it's a fighting game, a puzzle game, or a racing game. Sonic CAN wield weapons, ride vehicles, etc. Otherwise, what's the point of them being made?

I accepted your point about Link having a fire flower/baseball bat because:
1) SSB was intended a party game where rules don't apply,
and 2) Because Link doesn't come into contact with a lot of items from SSB)

However Sonic the Fighters is a different matter. It belongs in the Sonic universe, he himself is not a stranger to guns, and Fang's gun is not an actual item he can pick up, it's a grab move animation.

Now as ultimate punishment, I will also remind you of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic games where there's an event called Skeet Shooting. :)
Ehhh, we'll just have to agree to disagree here. It's in essence a spin-off game, so I can't agree that it should count as an ability of his. But I understand your point!

He can have unique abilities, I'm just saying he doesn't do much which Sonic can't already do. Even his Chaos Contol, much to my disgust, was ALSO ripped off by Sonic in SA2.

But look, I'm not saying this to undermine Shadow, ok? Sonic was pretty much based on the Sonic Battle moveset for P:M. ñ_ñ
So they can do that with Shadow too, who has a pretty unique moveset there. Fair? :)
Sounds good to me!

Emg3

Smash Cadet
I think they should use one of the clone engine slots to add Snorlax to the roster. He's been in every smash game, he has a character model and sound clip to build off of, he's definitely not going to be a playable character in smash 4, and he is super badass.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
You forgot Salsa and I don't think The rope snake was the best way to to rep Duster when he had so much potential. Can't say much about the first Mother since I have been waiting for the fan remake. as for the Gannon thing all I can say is if someone said that the character I loved and played for so many great years was being totally converted I would be PISSED and even if you said his moveset was being given to someone else... Its still not the god damn same

I haven't beaten Mother 3 (or TP, guys) but Duster did seem pretty cool for a character. I think the Mother series should stick to one character rep per game, otherwise I could go along with him (if ony because I remember so many pictures of him when Mother 64 was coming out... wait no that was Flint! I mix those two up sometimes because they both have stubble.) Flint was like the second main character, though Duster had more skills going for him.

Also for what it's worth, I don't want Ganon getting ported to another character either... but go ahead with the ideas; it's an interesting concept to read about.

I fail to see how me saying "I think changing Ganondorf is a terrible idea, and they shouldn't do that at all." Followed by Anti Guy coming in and saying "He's not talking about changing Ganondorf, he's just talking about changing him, completely." Qualifies as "my wacky antics"

but ok, continue your SSB4 character speculation discussion in the PM boards.
I was just looking at some old posts, and I really don't get you guys..

For the most part smash bros has had major changes from smash 64, to melee, to brawl, and to P:M.
I'm pretty sure every change made to each game took some getting used to. I remember switching to brawl and thinking it felt sooo weird, but I got used to it and began to love it. Then when P:M came along, i was like wtf is all this madness (as were my friends). Besides the gameplay changes, some characters moves were different and it took time to get used to! But then we took time to play and realized it was much better!

Similarly, to those of you who for some reason think changing ganondorf will be an atrocity, at first you will be annoyed and perhaps rage and flame for a couple days. It will feel weird to play as ganondorf with a new move set, and then seeing his old move set on Black Shadow. But after a while you will get used to it and realize it was a much better decision because you'll love ganondorfs NEW move set (which no one else can have because its pretty specific to him), and you'll eventually be fine with using Black Shadow in order to play with that move set. And if you really don't wana get used to it, you can EASILY reskin Black Shadow back to ganondorf.. problem solved.

This isn't meant to be offensive, but people who complain about changes sound little kids.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
I thought we agreed to lay the Gdorf issue to rest? Calling us kids for loving the way Ganondorf plays, and not seeing any reason for the PMBR to do a tremendous amount of work on that front, is a little mean. : x

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I thought we agreed to lay the Gdorf issue to rest? Calling us kids for loving the way Ganondorf plays, and not seeing any reason for the PMBR to do a tremendous amount of work on that front, is a little mean. : x

Sorry, I'm not trying to be mean!
I was just trying to make a point that there wouldn't be an issue in the long run if they decided to change Ganondorf. Of course none of us EXPECT the PMBR to make all these changes. We just have some hope that they're talented enough/crazy enough ( :p ) to do it. They've done some mind blowing things so far to surprise us, so really the only other thing they can do at this point to completely blow our minds again is to add NEW characters (which I think we all are assuming they will at least be adding one or 2 minimum - could be wrong on that though). Now, as far as new characters go, changing Ganondorf would make the most sense since hes already in the game and deserves his own move set. When you really put a lot of thought into it, it isn't THAT insane to think its a possibility.

Also, I didn't realize we weren't talking about Ganondorf any more lol.

cmart

Smash Lord
They said that they won't be using any pre-made models if they decide to make a character. Everything will be made from scratch.
Mithost is correct - if we do anyone else it will continue to be using assets we create ourselves. Besides - assist trophies might be okay for being on the screen a few seconds at a time, but if you actually look at them you'll see they are woefully inadequate for use as a character.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just saw the image and decided to share. I personally don't think the mindset you guys have about these things
No, you did it to do the troll.

Secondly, as for your post. Not every character is created equal. There is obviously going to be some characters that are going to be hit with a greater negative reaction than others (Shadow, Waluigi, Pichu).

Can't think of too many people objecting to Isaac for example.

That they have to spend so much time and effort on characters is the reason why they should take their time on deciding slots.

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Just sayin, I'd be 100% fine with a Ganondorf moveset swap. It would take some getting used to, but would definitely be worth it in the long run.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Just sayin, I'd be 100% fine with a ganondorf revamp. It would take some getting used to but would be worth it in the long run.
I would be fully behind a decloned Ganondorf if Sakurai again turns him into Captain Ganondorf in Smash 4.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think there has to be a priority on Nintendo franchises, for me Sonic and Metal Gear series, are okay as right now in Project M, and Nintendo franchises needs the priority because theres are various that lacks of good representation, like F-Zero, Golden Sun, Sin & Punishment, etc. Heck its a sin that Metroid only got 1 character (not counting ZSS cause is the same char) then Metroid can enter in this list.
This is a good sentiment to have.

The problem is that Brawl basically took nearly all of the "obvious" Nintendo characters to add in that basically anyone with a brain would tell you that they maritted inclusion in a Nintendo all-star game.

There is definitely a few left that still have that unanimous appeal (Ridley, K. Rool, Little Mac, Dixie Kong, Isaac, Palutena), but the pool is quite shallow for them to pick from.

However, I do still see characters like Lyn making it in Project M to fill out certain niches (although FE would be very over-represented at that point, aside from Palutena, there is no real obvious woman newcomer for them to put in or choose). One of the several reasons why I think Sami would be a good choice (though I don't expect her to happen).

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
No, you did it to do the troll.

Secondly, as for your post. Not every character is created equal. There is obviously going to be some characters that are going to be hit with a greater negative reaction than others (Shadow, Waluigi, Pichu).

Can't think of too many people objecting to Isaac for example.

That they have to spend so much time and effort on characters is the reason why they should take their time on deciding slots.

I'm sorry if you feel that way about my post. I'm not trying to provoke a negative response (I'm actually saddened when that's what I get, I like happy conversations).

Yes, you are entirely right when you say not every character choice will get equal reception if they were to be put in P:M. This is why the PMBR needs to put alot of thought into which characters they choose, if they end up choosing any at all. Mewtwo is an example of a mutually good choice. The melee vets love him for nostalgia, the brawl fans always wanted him, the lucario fans are glad they can keep their character, and pokemon fans even get riled up about it. I've been stopped at the college by an aquantaince, with him saying "Some hackers are putting Mewtwo back in brawl! It's going to be awesome!"

In many cases, this is a double edged sword. If a character gets a negative reception by even a minority of the smash community, it's going to spread like wildfire for the reasons I stated in my last post. There can be a million different reasons why a character choice can be seen as a negative, so it's really not something that can be jumped into. Like you said, it needs to take time.

It confuses me on how we are on equal grounds about the filtering process the PMBR needs to take, but this thread continues to assume that all of these "niche" markets need to be filled. Not everything needs to be represented. That is how we get MUGEN.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Ridley, K. Rool, Little Mac, Dixie Kong, Isaac, Palutena

I hate to be argumentative, but I don't like the idea of Palutena or K. Rool at all. : > (That's probably going to make me pretty unpopular real fast!) I think the last two characters that had that kind of "can't argue with this" appeal were Animal Crosser and Megaman. Heck, even Animal Crosser has his fair share of dissenters.

But you're definitely right - after we got Diddy, Dedede and all those other great Brawl additions, that pretty much rounded out the characters that the game needed to feel complete. Anything else is just icing on the cake.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
So you want him to be a clone in smash 4?
No, it's an IF statement, it's not what he's saying at all.
He's stating that IF Sakurai were to continue using the same cloned moveset for Ganondorf, then Project M should give Ganon a decloned moveset.
But in the off chance that Skaurai decides to give Ganon a moveset overhaul then P:M Ganon should stay the way he is.

Edit: Ninja'd by Chrono

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
No, I want him de-cloned. However, I think if de-cloned Ganondorf happens for Smash 4, they won't need to do it for Project M.
well the problem with this is, think of all the ganon mains. Are you just going to tell them to play Captain Falcon? Telling a Ganon main to play CF is like telling a Falco main to play Fox or a Pichu main to play Pikachu.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
In many cases, this is a double edged sword. If a character gets a negative reception by even a minority of the smash community, it's going to spread like wildfire for the reasons I stated in my last post. There can be a million different reasons why a character choice can be seen as a negative, so it's really not something that can be jumped into. Like you said, it needs to take time.

It confuses me on how we are on equal grounds about the filtering process the PMBR needs to take, but this thread continues to assume that all of these "niche" markets need to be filled. Not everything needs to be represented. That is how we get MUGEN.
Mewtwo and Roy were definitely by far the safest choices. The only two newcomers I would say would be relatively safe would be Isaac and Dixie Kong, due to those characters having an obvious "Nintendo all-star" perception and being very well-liked and popular characters. Ridley would also be a "safe" addition assuming they decide to add him in if he ends up de-confirmed for Smash 4 (if he is de-confirmed for Smash 4, he is absolutely going to smash every other possible newcomer for requests in this game).

Personally, I don't necessarily agree that the "woman newcomer" niche needs to filled, but I think that's an itch that the team is going to scratch anyway. I think the main complaint about Lyn will be "why does FE have four characters".

In terms of characters filling "niches", the traditional Smash Bros. way of doing it has been by including new franchises (Sakurai is very much doing this with Smash 4 as seen by the three announced newcomers, and the three rumored newcomers).

Isaac is obvious. However, you have a lot of less popular franchises like Advance Wars, Custom Robo, Starfy, Sin & Punishment. There is a tight rope that needs to be walked between representing something important to Nintendo, and being feasible (though exceptions can sometimes be made of course).

Dixie Kong for example is basically a best of both worlds character. She is objectively an important, popular, and iconic character from her franchise, while at the same time she feasibly could basically have the same "skeleton" as Diddy Kong, and borrow several specials from Donkey Kong (ground pound with her ponytail, recovering spin with her ponytail).

I would say an Advance Wars character would be a second example of another "best of both worlds" character (important to Nintendo and very feasibly to add in aside from lacking a 3D model), yet may still end up with a less positive reception due to the relative obscurity of characters from that franchise.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
well the problem with this is, think of all the ganon mains. Are you just going to tell them to play Captain Falcon? Telling a Ganon main to play CF is like telling a Falco main to play Fox or a Pichu main to play Pikachu.
That is why people suggest Black Shadow to take Ganondorf's current moveset, while Ganondorf gets his own.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
We're forgetting one main thing concerning these characters Chrono. Most of these characters are likely additions for Smash4. The last thing that the PM crew want to come off as is competing with the next Smash installment. We need to find a medium between characters that are unlikely, popular and deserving.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Pichu seems like the most obvious choice. For multiple reasons like being a former character, we have sfx to use, had a unique qwirk in melee, wasnt integrated into pikachu like ylink and doc were into mario and tlink.

Beyond that its all speculation and quite frankly the PMBR's decision. If they did add Pichu then only 4 slots could remain.

Personally I would like to see, K.rool, Toad, Isaac, and Villager. But that is only a personal opinion and highly unlikely.

Something way more feasible would probably be two of the forbidden 7, Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik/Tetra. It would be extremely easy to make a cloned moveset for them.

Fortress

Smash Master
HUMOR ME HERE, FOLKS.

We've been trying to pull characters from other games and universes this whole time for inclusion in P:M, but what about characters born from the smash universe itself like ROB? I mean, is the Primid a viable choice for a character at all..? The lowly little pawn that we were so apt to beat on in Subspace being somebody who can bring the hurt back would be pretty cool, right..? ...right..? Come on, let's give the little green dude some love.

I don't know, I just started playing P:M a few minutes back, jumped in Subspace, and thought "huh, these dudes have some neat attack options that are already present in the game (albeit as separate versions of the Primid). Who's onboard for "Project Primid"? Anybody want to toss around a few ideas with me about the possibility of being able to play as one of our lovable, green, punching bags? Here's what I was thinking.

He'd (it?) be sort of a hodgepodge of other cast members, considering how his attacks function in the story. Jabs would be a straight up three-hit combo per your standard character, and specials and smashes could take advantage of his various equipment throughout the storyline. Here's what I was able to think up.

SPECIALS

Neutral Special: Primid would fire rapid blasts from his Scope, dealing small amounts of damage at a moderate distance. He would be able to charge these shots to increase damage and apply knockback. Unlike the normal Super Scope, Primid would be able to retain a charge by rolling while charging, and be able to utilize it when necessary.

Up Special: Would launch into the air whilst on fire, using the kind of power that the Fire Primids use. Would knock opponents upward and away. Primid would fly straight up into the air, like Wario's recovery.

Forward Special: Primid throws his Boomerang, similarly to Link, with distance and speed comparable to Toon Link.

Down Special: Primid rapidly converts to Metal Primid, but remains in place while the input is held. He'd have souped up knockback resistance, but could still be grabbed. Stronger than a shield in that you aren't moved and could transition into other attacks faster, but weaker in that you would be immobile and still take damage.

NORMALS

Jab: Primid would throw two punches followed by a fiery breath that knocks the opponent away. The first two hits would do about 2% each, with the final doing 3%.

Dash Attack: Primid slides forward with his sword pointed outward, stabbing the opponent and pushing them away. 7% damage.

U-Tilt: Primid slashes his sword in an arc above his head, dealing about 5% damage.

F-Tilt: Primid breaths a very quick burst of fire a very short distance in front of him, knocking the opponent back and dealing 6% damage.

D-Tilt: A low sweep with his sword, Primid lifts the opponent from the ground with this attack, slightly pulling them towards him in the process. 5% damage.

AERIALS

N-Air: Primid produces a very small burst of fire around his body, repelling those around him and dealing 6% damage.

U-Air: Primid swings his boomerang in a short arc above his head, but does not throw it. 5% damage.

F-Air: Primid brings his sword down on an opponent in an attempt to launch them downward with a powerful strike, slow, but strong. 8% damage.

D-Air: Primid fires very short-ranged, rapid bursts from his Scope in an attempt to rack up quick damage. Five hits, each at 2% damage.

SMASHES

F-Smash: Primid takes a deep breath and lets go with a powerful breath of fire with a longer range than his tilt, with more damage to boot. 12% damage.

U-Smash: Primid rapidly and skillfully twirls his boomerang above his head, catching opponents in a flurry of attacks that amount to around 14% damage, with a final hit that launches the opponent upwards and outward.

D-Smash: Primid sweeps the ground around him with his sword, flinging opponents away while dealing 10% damage.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
HUMOR ME HERE, FOLKS.

We've been trying to pull characters from other games and universes this whole time for inclusion in P:M, but what about characters born from the smash universe itself like ROB? I mean, is the Primid a viable choice for a character at all..? The lowly little pawn that we were so apt to beat on in Subspace being somebody who can bring the hurt back would be pretty cool, right..? ...right..? Come on, let's give the little green dude some love.

I don't know, I just started playing P:M a few minutes back, jumped in Subspace, and thought "huh, these dudes have some neat attack options that are already present in the game (albeit as separate versions of the Primid). Who's onboard for "Project Primid"? Anybody want to toss around a few ideas with me about the possibility of being able to play as one of our lovable, green, punching bags? Here's what I was thinking.

He'd (it?) be sort of a hodgepodge of other cast members, considering how his attacks function in the story. Jabs would be a straight up three-hit combo per your standard character, and specials and smashes could take advantage of his various equipment throughout the storyline. Here's what I was able to think up.

SPECIALS

Neutral Special: Primid would fire rapid blasts from his Scope, dealing small amounts of damage at a moderate distance. He would be able to charge this shots to increase damage and apply knockback. Unlike the normal Super Scope, Primid would be able to retain a charge by rolling while charging, and be able to utilize it when necessary.

Up Special: Would launch into the air whilst on fire, using the kind of power that the Fire Primids use. Would knock opponents upward and away. Primid would fly straight up into the air, like Wario's recovery.

Forward Special: Primid throws his Boomerang, similarly to Link, with distance and speed comparable to Toon Link.

Down Special: Primid rapidly converts to Metal Primid, but remains in place while the input is held. He'd have souped up knockback resistance, but could still be grabbed. Stronger than a shield in that you aren't moved and could transition into other attacks faster, but weaker in that you would be immobile and still take damage.

NORMALS

Jab: Primid would throw two punches followed by a fiery breath that knocks the opponent away. The first two hits would do about 2% each, with the final doing 3%.

Dash Attack: Primid slides forward with his sword pointed outward, stabbing the opponent and pushing them away. 7% damage.

U-Tilt: Primid slashes his sword in an arc above his head, dealing about 5% damage.

F-Tilt: Primid breaths a very quick burst of fire a very short distance in front of him, knocking the opponent back and dealing 6% damage.

D-Tilt: A low sweep with his sword, Primid lifts the opponent from the ground with this attack, slightly pulling them towards him in the process. 5% damage.

AERIALS

N-Air: Primid produces a very small burst of fire around his body, repelling those around him and dealing 6% damage.

U-Air: Primid swings his boomerang in a short arc above his head, but does not throw it. 5% damage.

F-Air: Primid brings his sword down on an opponent in an attempt to launch them downward with a powerful strike, slow, but strong. 8% damage.

D-Air: Primid fires very short-ranged, rapid bursts from his Scope in an attempt to rack up quick damage. Five hits, each at 2% damage.

SMASHES

F-Smash: Primid takes a deep breath and lets go with a powerful breath of fire with a longer range than his tilt, with more damage to boot. 12% damage.

U-Smash: Primid rapidly and skillfully twirls his boomerang above his head, catching opponents in a flurry of attacks that amount to around 14% damage, with a final hit that launches the opponent upwards and outward.

D-Smash: Primid sweeps the ground around him with his sword, flinging opponents away while dealing 10% damage.
while I don`t agree that he should be a character, I think most of your move selections are creative (although some seem rather useless like down b) and you used alot of interesting ways to incorporate the entire cast of primids into his moveset

final thoughts: while most moves you suggested seem either useless or overpowered, I feel that they are very creative in incorporating the character and all of his iterations into one moveset. I feel that if alot of the listed moves were nerfed and the useless moves buffed or repurposed, then it could be a great moveset for a under appreciated character.

Fortress

Smash Master
while I don`t agree that he should be a character, I think most of your move selections are creative (although some seem rather useless like down b) and you used alot of interesting ways to incorporate the entire cast of primids into his moveset
Hey, well, thanks for you input anyway. Yeah, the down-special was really wacky. I couldn't really think of anything that could go there, to be honest, and I had no idea how Sword, 'Rang, or Fire would be able to be incorporated, so I thought, 'turn him into a brick'. I dunno, I thought jump into the air, brick out, and fly towards you opponent totally protected... sort of. Then pop out and lay down the hurt when you land.

If he was somebody that you wanted to see as a cast member, what ability, if any, would he utilize of the Primid cast for his down-special? In your opinion, I mean.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
We're forgetting one main thing concerning these characters Chrono. Most of these characters are likely additions for Smash4. The last thing that the PM crew want to come off as is competing with the next Smash installment. We need to find a medium between characters that are unlikely, popular and deserving.
Legally, if the P:M team creates the character before Nintendo does, PM is not competing. Just putting that out there. There's no way PM could have known Nintendo would choose character to be added into SSB4.

Fortress

Smash Master
final thoughts: while most moves you suggested seem either useless or overpowered, I feel that they are very creative in incorporating the character and all of his iterations into one moveset. I feel that if alot of the listed moves were nerfed and the useless moves buffed or repurposed, then it could be a great moveset for a under appreciated character.
Huh, okay, solid. Which moves specifically are too weak/powerful? Even if this doesn't become a thing, it'd still be fun to just toss the idea back and forth; get the ol' brain juices flowing. From what I'm understanding, your opinion is that the moves sound like they'd work in principal, but the damages on them are either too much or too little? And that some could serve other functions? Let's start with his Down-Special. Is there any way to incorporate metal Primid? If not, then what could go there? My next guess would be Fire Primid, somehow. Or, heck, Sword Primid with a humorous counter.

Legally, if the P:M team creates the character before Nintendo does, PM is not competing. Just putting that out there. There's no way PM could have known Nintendo would choose character to be added into SSB4.
Unless they do know, and were teaming up with Sakurai all along in order to increase P:M's reputation in the face of Smash 4's; making people revere Brawl as the game he wanted all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom