• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clone Engine Misc. Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tofer Dallah

Smash Cadet
I'm agree about the "to many Pokemon" but I still think Pichu should be in PM. He was sure a bad character but, many other was bad too.

I'm sure there are plenty way to Luigify him to make Pichu a very unique character fun and strong. :3

I realy hope he will be back. :)

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry but I don't think pichu deserves to be in. He's just a baby version of Pikachu and is much worse in just about every way from the series. His only saving grace is that he's "cute" and slightly faster. Making pichu viable is only an option because he already has sfx, a model and a base moveset. I'd rather see Pikachu become slightly faster than waste a slot on a baby Pokémon which btw we already have 7 of.

Kerenthar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Radagast_DACC
I'm sorry but I don't think pichu deserves to be in. He's just a baby version of Pikachu and is much worse in just about every way from the series. His only saving grace is that he's "cute" and slightly faster. Making pichu viable is only an option because he already has sfx, a model and a base moveset. I'd rather see Pikachu become slightly faster than waste a slot on a baby Pokémon which btw we already have 7 of.

If Doctor Mario don't deserve is own character slot, Pichu definitely not either.

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
I'd be fine with more Wind Waker moves, but we really don't need 3 Links
I like this. incorporate his deku leaf at the end of his up b in air to increase his horizontal recovery and Allow him to alternate between fire and ice arrows. This would be just enough imo

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I guess the Project M team may have jumped the gun on confirming Mewtwo since he could end up being confirmed for the actual Smash 4 pretty soon.

Regardless, I think we all knew this was going to happen (if there had to only be ONE more non-Brawl character added to Project M, it would be Mewtwo).

Regardless, I have to say I am extremely ecstatic over Mewtwo's return. As I mentioned before, I was really disappointed that Mewtwo was cut from Brawl (along with Roy).

You guys are amazing. Well done. Bravo.

Mewtwo and Roy were long supposed to be characters in Brawl, and at long what should have been, has finally been realized.

Again. You guys are amazing.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
*sees that Mewtwo has been confirmed*

*excitedly sees the video link and watches*

:urg: the same side and down specials?

I should go see of there is a character spot for him in discussions, I want to know what there is to know

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If Doctor Mario don't deserve is own character slot, Pichu definitely not either.
This. Dr. Mario is also more popular overall than Pichu is.

Although personally I wouldn't mind Pichu, he definitely has to be by far the least popular character that has ever been made playable in Smash Bros.

Even though I'll love to see pichu in and actually has enough toolsc to be her own character, I don't see this happening. I do see an castlevania character happening (why you think there'ss a castlevania stage in p:m to begin with).
A Castlevania character is technically not eligible due to no Castlevania characters having an appearance in Brawl.

I think with Mewtwo now in, we have more than enough playable Pokemon in.

red9rd

Smash Ace
Want to take me up on this bet?

I would not be surprised if Lyn one of the first two new fighters introduced after Mewtwo is unveiled.

Secondly, only you have been putting up a big stink about my Sami idea. Back when I first proposed it, I received like six likes for the idea.

Like I said, I am working on a massive project piece for what newcomers would have the potential to be both the most feasible and the most positively received. Once I finish it, I will elaborate more on Sami.

However, as I said before, its seems the beef about Sami is mostly coming from you (and to a lesser extent NZA who wants a Famicom Wars character that is not a clone of Snake).

Lots of people like the idea, and I think she is definitely going to be postively received as a newcomer.

I would love to see two series receive playable characters from the six remaining slots.

Isaac of course would be a top priority.
So many different movesets you could do with another Mother character. ... "Duster"

shadow0x0cloud

Smash Apprentice
tbh i dont know why you guys are complaining about too many pokemon in smash. Whether it be a LoZ character a Metroid character another StarFox charachter, as long as it adds an interesting moveset Im all for playing that character. People saying too many pokemon reps is almost retarted too me.

As for pichu, I personally would have liked to see all the melee vets come back, but if the PM can evolve the self injury for speed and damage mechanic, i say why not. If Pichu becomes a character reliant on momentum tech chases and overall good reads to provide herself early kills, a roll befitting that of a baby pokemon, and Pikachu becomes a weaker but much more solid version of him would be cool. Also, if they add some new moves a la PM:Roy then even better.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
At this point, the only character left I really, really would want to see added to Project M (personally) would be Ridley.

Sakurai has been making some hints that he is going to be a stage hazard on the Pyrospehre stage, though being a troll, has left no clear answer for Ridley fans (instead lots of flame wars and debates).

Ridley is a low hanging fruit as far as potential newcomers go in starpower. I can't think of a single Nintendo character that is as much of a "all star" as Ridley is that has not been made playable in Smash Bros. yet.

Although I am sure the team would like to complete Project M in 2014, I think they need to hold off on deciding the last slot.

If Ridley is not playable in Smash 4, he is definitely a MUST for Project M.

He has been a highly requested character for Smash Bros. since even the pre-Melee days for crying out loud.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
tbh i dont know why you guys are complaining about too many pokemon in smash. Whether it be a LoZ character a Metroid character another StarFox charachter, as long as it adds an interesting moveset Im all for playing that character. People saying too many pokemon reps is almost retarted too me.
Yeah, well, when one series can fill almost an entire row all on its own, it gets to be a little much.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I'd be fine with more Wind Waker moves, but we really don't need 3 Links

Id actually love it if they scrapped link as a clone at all and give us a full wind waker move set, and then throw in young link as masks link... we have 3 clones of fox, why not have 3 of the same character with different moves?

I know theres no chance of this happening, but thats just something id love

Anyway MEWTWOOOOOOOOO

Tofer Dallah

Smash Cadet
I understand everyone about the to many Pokemon and the fact Pichu is a "weak Pika" but, he still a Melee veterant. Even if he have not many fans, I think it can be interesting to see him with a buffed moveset and a viable gameplay in tourney. :(

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I got an idea, I know it won't be popular, but I'll throw it out there anyway just to get it off my chest.

No, seriously. WITHOUT the Pokemon. The Trainer himself!

He could share some basic fighting moves from... say, Captain Falcon, Sheik, Mario, etc.
As for specials:

BUp: Super Rod (a tether move)
BTilt: Smoke Bomb (the item)
B: Pokeball (Throw pokeball to opponent, capture him/her/it like Yoshi's eggs)
BDown: Pokemon (Summon random Pokemon from Pokeball item ((would cycle between 6 not so broken ones))

Final Smash: ... Triple Finish. XD

I know it probably sounds like a lot of work for a character nobody asked for but.. eh, just wanted to get it off my chest, lol.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Hmm... lesse, personally all I wanted (and expected) was Mewtwo.
Now that he's in, I'm really content with the roster here.

I want the whole roster to be in before we think of anything else.

...hmm... if we got Ninten to be a compilation of Ness and Lucas, I think that'd be really dynamic, but I really don't want a character to get in just because of moveset potential, I feel they should have a large base in the install base, which I feel many potential clones lack.

Also, I'm guessing Mewtwo took 1400 hours compared to Roy's 700

And I was ninja'd with a great idea.
Let's do it. Make him play like Pheonix Wright where grabbing a potion is his DTilt.

Also, that way we can get a Gary Mother****ing Oak alt.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
Ah ok great to know.. now I'd narrow down my list greatly.
Heres my new list from most importance to least:

1. Mewtwo - I mean we're all pretty sure hes making a comeback, and he would be the most important/logical character to make a return

2. Black Shadow with Ganondorf's current move set (Thus giving Ganondorf his own moves set) - In this case actually, the new Ganondorf would probably be taking a clone space because he may need to be created from scratch using another character as the base. Black shadow would just be Ganondorfs new skin, and they may need to change a couple of GFX and SFX

3. Isaak - He would be such a great addition, and his moves set would be so diverse and also everything Antiguy said.

4. Ray (custom robo) - This guy would be so cool, and I loved the custom robo franchise. I feel it needs to be represented much better in a brawl game and i really hope Ray (and Isaak) make it in Smash WiiU. Rays moves could consist of really cool bombs, machine gun and energy attacks that would create a really fun and diverse moves set. And for those of you who want Megaman in P:M real bad, I know Ray isn't the same, but hes got a bunch of cool similar tools.

5. Sukapon - I actually didn't even know much about this guy until Antiguy's post about him. But I immediately decided that he'd be an amazing addition. I'm actually like 99% sure they're gona add him in Smash WiiU.

6. Ridley OR Dark Samus - Simple as this, we need another Metroid character, like comon! Dark Samus would obviously be the easier one to do so perhaps that is more likely, but Ridley is doable too (starting with Charizard as a base). There's already some decent Ridley hacks online. And the whole size debate shouldn't even be a debate. He can be the size of Bowser, problem solved. No characters in the game are to scale, so its fine if Ridley is slightly off too.

Other possibilities:

Andy (AW), Saki (din and punishment) or Waluigi - I'm having trouble deciding between these 3 because they're all last on my list, and I'm a little bit more indifferent to all of them. Waluigi could be a fun character to play as, I have seen some cool hacks of him, but I think he'd be last on my list. Andy and Saki would both be totally different and interesting additions. I know much less about them, but I have a good feeling about them. I don't know who to pick between the two. But in any case these last 3 are kinda my choices if any of the above don't make it in.
I think giving Ganon a new moveset to make him not be a clone of cf would be awesome but instead of giving black shadow ganon's moveset, I think Deathborn would be a better fzero villian to choose instead of black shadow, I mean common black shadow was basically his yesman in Gx that has to count for something right?

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
I understand everyone about the to many Pokemon and the fact Pichu is a "weak Pika" but, he still a Melee veterant. Even if he have not many fans, I think it can be interesting to see him with a buffed moveset and a viable gameplay in tourney. :(
If nobody else, I'm all for it. Pikachu doesn't really inherit much of anything unique to Pichu-- IIRC, all of Pichu's specials work slightly differently, not to mention that Pichu damages himself. Pichu is too differenty from Pikachu in terms of physique to work as an alt costume, and it would be kind of a bummer if Pichu was the ONLY melee character not represented. Doc works as a costume because he has the exact same physique and everything as Mario-- he's just wearing a different outfit. Pichu is smaller, lighter, and has a larger head in proportion to the rest of it's body. It's uselessness is basically the point-- joke characters need love too! And just because he/she/it was lame in Melee doesn't automatically dictate that Project M can't do a fantastic job making Pichu much more fun to use. Roy was a low-tier clone as well (he's even low tier in his own game :o ), and look at how legit the P:M team made him!
I think Pichu could work well as a speedy glass-cannon type of character. Kind of like the joke character who is underpowered, but can seriously humiliate people when underestimated. Sure, it's kind of overkill with the pokemon at the moment, but hey. Melee.

...and trolling.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
For Ridley, I agree with Chrono in that he should be held off for later -- but a slot should be reserved for him or Dark Samus depending on what Sakurai reveals (which I'm guessing will be nothing in the next few months anyways).

As for pichu, I personally would have liked to see all the melee vets come back, but if the PM can evolve the self injury for speed and damage mechanic, i say why not. If Pichu becomes a character reliant on momentum tech chases and overall good reads to provide herself early kills, a roll befitting that of a baby pokemon, and Pikachu becomes a weaker but much more solid version of him would be cool. Also, if they add some new moves a la PM:Roy then even better.
Because EIGHT Pokemon is friggin overkill?? This isn't Pokemon vs Rest of Nintendo. Why waste a spot on another Pokemon when other characters with more interesting movesets can be implemented.

I think giving Ganon a new moveset to make him not be a clone of cf would be awesome but instead of giving black shadow ganon's moveset, I think Deathborn would be a better fzero villian to choose instead of black shadow, I mean common black shadow was basically his yesman in Gx that has to count for something right?

He only appeared once. Black Shadow's appeared multiple times and has had much more impact on the story, whereas Deathborn showed up for like 10 seconds before getting his ass kicked and disappearing from the story again.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I was going to suggest Ganon becoming his own self. O_O (I always thought Pikachu's specials would fit him like a glove, since they would rescemble his OoT attack patterns the most, but eh, that's just me)

But I thought the whole point of PM was to make it feel more like Melee. But if Black Shadow takes over Ganon's moveset then... all's good and well, I s'pose!

To be more specific on the cloned specials:

Up+B: ... Mewtwo's teleport.
B: Pikachu's
B Tilt: Mario's
B Down: ... Eh, no idea here yet. :(

Tofer Dallah

Smash Cadet
The number of Pokemon are for sure the big negative thing about Pichu ! :(

But I'm agree with Orange Sodaguy ! Pichu could be an amazing character to buff in PM. He can easily be luigified and have many new move and keep all his best moves (Nair, D-Smash, F-smash, Up-smash, etc)

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
I just wanna see Dixie Kong cloned from Diddy.
Then I wanna see Waluigi. (Omg, the possibilities... a super tall Luigi with a Wario D-smash!? WHAT.)
Gimme some Lyn.
I'd really love to see a Toon Zelda. Wouldn't that just be neat? One that doesn't transform into Sheik, but maybe uses Light Arrows and is a Zelda/Toon Link hybrid. Implies a new Down+B! Could be worth exploring. A fast, aggressive Zelda. lol

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
my list of viables

black shadow: by adding him you really get 2 characters by freeing up ganons moveset
leon: wolf is to fox as leon is to falco.
krystal: shes been on both team starfox and starwolf and she could be the only spacie without a shine if added
Lyn: she'll break up the monotonous sausagefest that is smash bros and become the first female sword wielder for FE
Waluigi: not sure why but he'd definitely have a unique moveset and could become the second character in the wario series for smash
Dixie: she'd complete the dkc series imo.
Isaac: he would represent his series well if they wanted golden sun to be represented
little mac: moveset could be interesting and would be a blast from the past
gray fox: don't really want another rep from MG but if we have one, he's my vote
knuckles,Amy, blaze or silver: if they add one from the sonic series my vote would be on one of these four but for the record id rather it be used on someone else

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo and Roy confirmation aside, my picks would be Ridley, Issac, Little Mac, Lyn, and Samurai Goroh.
If Pichu is Pokemon overkill, then I think Starfy would fill the 'joke character' criteria quite nicely.

I'm not sure we really need any more third party characters. I'll give Knuckles his props, and that's where it stops.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
I only want Pichu if he is exactly the same as Melee or nerfed. Pichu being anything but a joke character is insulting.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Mewtwo and Roy confirmation aside, my picks would be Ridley, Issac, Little Mac, Lyn, and Samurai Goroh.
If Pichu is Pokemon overkill, then I think Starfy would fill the 'joke character' criteria quite nicely.

I'm not sure we really need any more third party characters. I'll give Knuckles his props, and that's where it stops.

Little Mac would take an insane amount of work to do. Boxing moves would be incredibly hard to animate (aside from basic jabs), especially when you use them for all attacks. Just imagine an uppercut (and no, not a Lucario uppercut, but an actual boxer's uppercut) or a low blow, which involve the entire body.

Starfy is a legit character, but once again his animations are incredibly bizarre give his star shape, which you'd have to bend and stuff.

If people want someone else from the Metroid series wouldn't another hunter be a better pick.

You mean those guys whose names I can't even remember and just appeared for one game and/or acted as bosses? In a game of Nintendo's all stars? When Ridley (#1 choice for series recognizable character) and Dark Samus (#1 choice for ease on workload) are much more deserving?

You guys gotta put some thought behind the work behind character, how feasible they are, and if they're actually even wroth it (Silver? Leon?) before rattling off a bunch of names and saying "I think they should do these characters!"

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
For Ridley, I agree with Chrono in that he should be held off for later -- but a slot should be reserved for him or Dark Samus depending on what Sakurai reveals (which I'm guessing will be nothing in the next few months anyways).
This. They should definitely have one of the slots be a Metroid newcomer, but they should hold off on deciding it until we know what Sakurai plans to do with Ridley in Smash 4.

If Ridley is non-playable: Ridley should be Project M's Metroid newcomer.
If Ridley is playable: Dark Samus it is.

As I said, we probably won't know for months. The plus side on them holding off, is that even assuming Sakurai ends up de-confirming Ridley only a few months prior to Smash 4's release. By then, the Project M team will already have the experience necessary (probably will have already finished three or four newcomers) to tackle Ridley.

hamyojo

Smash Ace
They should do the Wii Fit board as a playable character, starting off using the Bowser base

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom