• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cliché Thread: Best Film I've Ever Seen

Adam M!

Smash Lord
LMAOOOOO

the last two posts made me LOL

guys, if you're not liked within the community, it's something you did, not something lovage did

it's ez to get mad at lovage for telling it like it is, but then you're just proving his point

but it's okay cameron because i like you :) (altho it's ez to see why most dont)

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
I think it was called...The Bus That Couldn't Slow Dowwwwn
Very nice. Gettin some respect from me.

How about this multiperson quote

"Poncho: Billy, whats wrong?
Billy: I'm scared Poncho.
Poncho: Bullshit! You ain't afraid of no man!
Billy: There's something out there waiting for us, and it ain't no man."

GODDAMN THAT MOVIE IS SO MANLY!!

practice_mAn

Smash Journeyman
LMAOOOOO

the last two posts made me LOL

guys, if you're not liked within the community, it's something you did, not something lovage did

it's ez to get mad at lovage for telling it like it is, but then you're just proving his point

but it's okay cameron because i like you :) (altho it's ez to see why most dont)
I dunno what you guys are talking about

personally I don't know Gsub

but stab is awesome! I mean, he just owns. he so persian like the cat. meow

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
my gf is writing a paper for her film class and she asked me if i thought there were any themes of redemption within a clockwork orange. she said yeah, because alex always thought of himself as good and that he could do no wrong. and his actions in prison were sincere in terms of becoming good.

i disagreed and said no because alex only goes through the special treatment to get out of jail quicker. and the ending scene to me means that after dealing with all this crap he can finally get back to his old ways

thoughts?

pockyD

Smash Legend
anyone else watch the newest season of dexter

at the end when i figured out what was about to happen, i actually did the gasp, cover-mouth, wshiper 'oh no' quietly thing O_o

SuperRad

Smash Master
Has anyone been putting any thought into the best [and/or your favorite] movies of the 'aughts'?
I've been looking for good lists online, so far the best I've seen is The AV Club's (Although I disagree with a lot of general placement of the movies, almost all of the movies I would put in my top 10-20 are on there).

I'm thinking about putting a list together while I have all this free time.

ahchoomattchu

Smash Ace
Has anyone been putting any thought into the best [and/or your favorite] movies of the 'aughts'?
I've been looking for good lists online, so far the best I've seen is The AV Club's (Although I disagree with a lot of general placement of the movies, almost all of the movies I would put in my top 10-20 are on there).

I'm thinking about putting a list together while I have all this free time.

I just watched Match Point (2005). Great piece of work from Woody Allen. I think it should have made that list you have mentioned in your post.

Kira-

Smash Champion
@ Pocky

Wow. Now I want to see Avatar even less than I did before.

I think I'm the only one who liked Sherlock Holmes though. Everyone else said it was average.

JDM

Smash Champion
I have never watched Pocahontas. I should mod you for not putting up spoiler tags in your message.

All of my friends said Sherlock Holmes was better than Avatar.

mio

Smash Ace
Yeah I agree with your friends JDM. Sherlock Holmes was tight.

Avatar was really high budget and well-made technically but the plot was as predictable as any movie can possibly be.

D

Deleted member

i think the reused story line was fine considering there are two more sequels to be made. cameron needed to sell the audience on 1) his camera system is amazing and for the sake of his future films 2) we want to be one of the Na'vi, a goal which is perfectly accomplished by the
pocahontas
plot line.

the script was still well written. a lot of movies/stories follow the same basic structure, but the ones that suffer are written and presented poorly.

i suggest watching it in imax 3d, because its an experience that you cannot replicate at home. it really is that stunning.

i have yet to meet someone that thinks its a legitimately bad movie.

debaser

Smash Lord

sure, it had a fairly formulaic plot but at least it was presented with unprecedented, stunning visuals and came up with it's own original universe instead butchering perfectly good american history.

and also I admit that I'm pretty excited to see how Cameron will make a trilogy out of it.

WHA?

Smash Ace
can anyone recommend any movies that have amazing/mind blowing/WOW! plot-twists?
heres some off the top of my head

the first saw was ok
the prestige was amazing
the perfect getaway was decent
the others was my first
reeker was also pretty good and under the radar IMO

shutter island looks like its gonna have one too

Top Bottom