• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash of Brokenness V - Where did Webster go? 5/30/09 Chicago, IL (Vid in Main Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyless

Smash Master
Note to self: stop playing Brawl and only play Melee. Gotta get the Mewtwo back to actual skill level. It's time to stop living a lie.

hunger!

Smash Champion
just got back.
only thing to say atm is: norm and webster - never ever run a tourney again with no pools and not even seeding by teams results or even using common knowledge. Arty having 2 bye's into winners in a row is unacceptable and easily noticeable. i'm not going to bitch about it too much because i got exactly what i wanted in teams. But ya...singles bracket = bullshit

edit: Dk. i want that doubles pic =)

Wafles

Smash Lord
Whats stupid is that no one should get 2 byes, there's no ****ing logical reason for it. I had to work hard as **** to get 17th, and Arty got 17th without playing a single match.

**** that bracket, that was some ******** ****.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
just got back.
only thing to say atm is: norm and webster - never ever run a tourney again with no pools and not even seeding by teams results or even using common knowledge. Arty having 2 bye's into winners in a row is unacceptable and easily noticeable. i'm not going to bitch about it too much because i got exactly what i wanted in teams. But ya...singles bracket = bullshit

edit: Dk. i want that doubles pic =)
i told you webster moved raid without telling me, the first bracket he had was terrible, it had a few people with two byes, and they weren't even people who were good. Webster was just planning on running it like that. Also i guess i assumed too much when he said he had it seeded already, if he had seeded it properly it would have been fine with the few adjustments that i made. (which was basically making sure noone had two byes, which webster changed with arty, moving it so the two winning teams partners didn't face each other until finals at least and a few other thngs.) Also its hard to please everyone which webster was trying to do when he moved raid just so he didn't have to play arty who he plays all the time.

ook

Smash Lord
****! my controller broke :embarrass gotta get a new one
sorry I couldn't play friendlies with some of you (kain) but that's cause ^
so I left, cause I couldn't play anymore

It was a pretty fun tourney though.

but no pools was BS

speaking of BS (bird s***).... when I was walking back from McDonalds, a bird pooped on my head.
:urg: what are the chances of that, seriously, that's never happened before
I scraped most of it out, but it made that part of my hair all sticky :)

GGs all

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Hunger stop being a baby.

Good Job Lain. You just evolved to another smasher lately.

And good stuff Fatboy beating judge and getting 5th. Last time I got 5th in these events was back in December. xD I wish I was there, oh well I won't miss next event.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I have never ran a tournament that lasted until that long, and I've run it with pools 2/3 times I've been there. Did we have like 2 set ups or what?

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
no, we had lain there.

i really think we need a no show dq rule, expect a little different. we can't have lain going off to smoke for 30mins after each match he plays because he seriously slowed the tournament down alot. and i say a little different because we run the other tournaments at the same time so of course we couldn't have it exactly the same. there were too many people not playing their matches in general also.

for those of you who don't know what the rule is. (* No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set. There should be no excuse for not being there when your match is called because all the food you need is in the venue for you.)

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
says the guy who wasnt there.
but w/e. the tourney was super fun after 7th place was done with. Random dittos with Omni and Panda for 2 hours was the best.
Glad you had fun. I won't miss next event 100% sure.

Also i meant to leave a shout out to Kain. Idk what place you got but I watched you beat Omni on livestream. xD

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Wow, no pools? I'm seriously glad I didn't go... and this one not having pools kinda makes me not wanna go to the next one just in case... Driving 5 hours for a tourney without pools isn't worth it.

Wafles

Smash Lord
The reason the tourney ran so late was completely lain's fault. He should've been DQ'd at 1:00.

Instead he delayed the whole tourney, and ended up ****ing over a lot of people in the process.

The other problem was that singles were run horribly slow. It took something like 7 hours for that bracket, which is just BS. There were tons of friendlies going on when tournament matches should've been happening, and overall things could've been done with by like 11:00 at the latest.

Next time just push people to get their matches going, it would've sped things up so much, and I wouldn't be so ****ing tired at work right now. =(

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
The reason the tourney ran so late was completely lain's fault. He should've been DQ'd at 1:00.

Instead he delayed the whole tourney, and ended up ****ing over a lot of people in the process.
No using Lain as a scapegoat, shit head. It always goes back to the TO's, no johns. They shoulda been more clear about that stuff from the beginning and been more strict.

we will have pools next time, it will be better run. and it will run smoothly and on time.
Sounds good.

Zjiin

Smash Master
31 showed up for melee. Last time it was 32. HAD all the people who came for melee last time also come to this one, we would have easily gotten 40+. GGs everyone. Khepri, you're a jerk.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
it's kinda discouraging wanting to run a tournament with little to no hype anyways.

the very first time i had the bracket up and ready...samurai panda saw it. no one had a double bye and the only complaint was a michigan player had to play another one so early in the bracket. then norm saw it, said the bracket was horrible (and didn't explain why). changed it. then i noticed raid (who norm said wasn't even good at smash) had to play arty (first match)...and yes i did indeed switch them...cuz i knew they play all the time together.

you got 38 people in a 64 man bracket...of course it's gonna be bull with byes. duh!

anyways, i'm not ever running another brawl tournament at COB again. some of you complain way too much and are flat out rude. and i'd rather not have to cus someone out. so there go hunger/norm u got your wish...

and yeah pools is stupid with 38 people (wanna tell 6 people to go **** them self). when we have to advertise a 32 man bracket for the championship series. and then like norm said, you guys expected us to stay til 3am. when i started working at 6am THE SAME ****ING DAY...

kiss my ****ing ***... :rolleyes:

and let's not forget norm, me, and dk agreed on running a bracket and NOT pools. not just me.

Meneks

Smash Lord
This was a fun tournament,
Zjiin ggs during our $mm same with CykoFox and Looshkin..

****in ice climbers byron looks like our w/l ratio is 1:1 ggs...

What were the results to this i left before i saw the grandfinals

TheStig

Smash Lord
how come no one really complained to webster's face? (i'm assuming he's the small skinny guy in the video link :))

thanks for changing my name in the brackets though

folk!

Smash Apprentice
sucks i couldnt make it, my starter went out on my car. lol it was one start away from it not starting in chicago, then i would of been stuck there.

webster dont get made over a few salty dudes (grant it i wasnt there) ur a great TO, and you always try to keep things hype (i can never see you, BUT i can alway hear you)

il be at the next one....i hope!

Wafles

Smash Lord
lol judge said he played stupid and sandbagged for no reason or whatever

The sad part about that is that its the only reason hunger got 9th =\

Alright, a few things I'll say:

No using Lain as a scapegoat, shit head. It always goes back to the TO's, no johns. They shoulda been more clear about that stuff from the beginning and been more strict.
I didn't mean to say lain was at fault, I just mean the TOs should've been more proactive about figuring out what to do. No one even seemed to care that lain was stalling everything 2 hours, and i had to tell someone to call him and find out where he was. The TOs should've been on top of this ****, but they weren't. I feel bad for lain and iris getting lost, that **** happens, so sorry if it sounded like I was lashing out against lain.

Webster, take a chill pill. You're a real cool guy, but you guys slipped up on this one. Whatever, it happens. Just learn from it and make the next one better!

I'll do some shoutouts later, I did have fun, just not as much fun as the previous one.

Xyless

Smash Master
it's kinda discouraging wanting to run a tournament with little to no hype anyways.

the very first time i had the bracket up and ready...samurai panda saw it. no one had a double bye and the only complaint was a michigan player had to play another one so early in the bracket. then norm saw it, said the bracket was horrible (and didn't explain why). changed it. then i noticed raid (who norm said wasn't even good at smash) had to play arty (first match)...and yes i did indeed switch them...cuz i knew they play all the time together.

you got 38 people in a 64 man bracket...of course it's gonna be bull with byes. duh!

anyways, i'm not ever running another brawl tournament at COB again. some of you complain way too much and are flat out rude. and i'd rather not have to cus someone out. so there go hunger/norm u got your wish...

and yeah pools is stupid with 38 people (wanna tell 6 people to go **** them self). when we have to advertise a 32 man bracket for the championship series. and then like norm said, you guys expected us to stay til 3am. when i started working at 6am THE SAME ****ING DAY...

and let's not forget norm, me, and dk agreed on running a bracket and NOT pools. not just me.
Things went a little haywire, but it's mostly because you were being a nice guy, which is awesome. I do think that at next tournaments, though, you should be strict on the DQ situation (though going easy on people playing Melee, obviously). There was quite a bit of time wasted waiting for people to show up for matches, which slowed both Brawl doubles and singles down. Melee was no different. I pretty much slowed down my pool, but I know that was my mistake.

These things happen Web, don't worry about it.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
1. sliq
2. khepri
3. bigd
4. eighteen spikes

jazzness do you still live in north barrington
wow.. good **** sliq with the comeback. Thanks for carrying me in teams again :).

ggs to all i played, spikes... keep it up man i was impressed.

As SMYM nears Trail will once again hook up his cube and practice up for a big tourney. All you other nublets better do the same... i don't want to see any ****ing little ****ing *** *** ****ing ***** baby kids winning this time.

metroid1117

Smash Master
When will the full results and the bracket get posted?

Dang... sorry I had to leave early, it sounded like you needed my setup :(. I had a lot of fun at the tourney, don't get too discouraged.

Shoutouts:

Meneil - It was good to see you again; your Ike is as good as ever. Good games, I'll be sure to win the next set of Ike dittos ;).

Xyless - I'm glad we got to play friendlies together, it would've been disastrous to learn that Peach has a chaingrab in the middle of a tournament match lol. Good games, I hope to see you again.

Hunger - Wow, it's been a long time since I've last seen you. That friendly with your Marth was really fun; I have to find a way around that Counter edgeguard sometime.

SOLID - It was nice to actually meet you for the first time after seeing your name pop up in the thread so many times. You're a cool guy; I forgot to wish you a happy birthday lol, my bad.

Lain - Gah, your D3 is even more beast than last time we played; I remember that I got it down to one stock in December, but this time I got two-stocked lol. Good game, I wish we could've played more though.

cloud - Good games, I wish we could've played more though. I have to learn Rainbow Cruise better lol, those suicides were pretty stupid >.>.

Quik - Your Wario is amazing, thanks for answering my questions after the set. I need to stop spot-dodging into that bite attack lol, good games.

fiche - Amazing Samus man, it was a lot of fun to play you both in the tournament and in those friendlies afterwards. I hope we get to play again sometime.

norm - After seeing your name here and at AllisBrawl, it was cool to finally meet you in person and play you. I should've banned Japes lol, that was my mistake. Good games; I hope your controller isn't too damaged >.>.

ook - My gosh, your DK is still amazing. Good games, I'm glad I got to save that last match we had. It sucks that your controller broke and you had to leave :(.

everyone I played friendlies with but didn't mention - Good games to you all, I had a lot of fun playing you guys.

By the way, after looking back, I realize that I should clarify my responses for those of you who asked whether jab -> BAir worked. Like all of Ike's jab cancel stuff (with the exception of jab -> cancel -> jab), jab -> BAir is not a true combo. However, if your opponent is excepting the full combo and is trying to SDI up and away to avoid the final hit, jab -> BAir can screw them over. This is obvious, but it works best on the taller/bigger characters.

But anyways, I had a lot of fun at this tournament; I hope I'll be able to go to another one of these this summer. I'll have to find a new controller though, when I was using it today I realized that my R button was sticking :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom