• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
To whoever is going to Larry's tournament this weekend tell him I said "Happy Birthday" and give him a big fat kiss on the lips for me?

kthnx.

yysu

Smash Cadet
excellent waste of 10 seconds of my life

Then why read it? Lucas ≠ Yoshi

Just to let you all know i'm really just into smash, yeah I've been playing for almost a year now but only against ONE person... I'm also having trouble choosing my main, definitely will not be MK that's for sure.

I don't think Lucas is bad, he can be as good as any other. I saw the videos of you kicking Awex's olimar's butt, was that just luck? Don't think so.

anyway, I DO appreciate your advice, thanks Oats.

Also Havok, Hall, Oats, give me your cell numbers again...

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, if you choose Lucas (or any other low tier) as a main, you won't win a tournament. Sure, you can tear **** up and turn quite a few heads, but you'll never win. Just how this game works, unfortunately.

yysu

Smash Cadet
Then which are the characters that can win tournaments? or which are the ones that can't win?

I've been thinking on maining one of these:

Lucas, Luigi, Dedede, PK Trainer... I know the only Hi-tier is DDD but then again... i don't know what to main.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Quite honestly, you're not going to win with any of those characters.

MK/Diddy/Snake/Falco/IC's/Marth are like the only characters that will win a notable tournament. But hey, I guess anything can happen. Tyrant got 2 stocked by FOW, and Havok's Marth lost to a Ganondorf. And Mike lost to a Sonic so you never know.

D

Deleted member

larry lost to...a yoshi...in pools
=[

yysu i wasnt making fun of u i was just being silly

I think people should main whoever they want (even if the character isnt viable, cuz most people wont win a tourny in socal even with a top tier unless you are amazing).
Besides people root for u when you are low tier =]

Awex

Smash Lord
HEY. Oats ***** MogX way harder than he ***** me. Oats was on god**** fire that day.

(Jab lock usmash? JUH-HEE-ZUS. Get ****ing destroyed, poncho.)

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Oaaaats?!
I'm pretty sure if he's there I can't lose to anyone. <3

Terry, I'm probably gonna try and head to your place straight from classes and get there around 4. Lemme know if that's too early.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Marco, what about your win against a random at Quizno's. I know you remember. The one where you forfeited the second match just so you could save that amazing kill you made under the stage? That was quite possibly one of the greatest kills I've ever witnessed in this game.

Oh, and when Tyrant and Havok lost to low tiers, it's mainly because they didn't know the match-up. I guarantee it wouldn't happen again. Hell, I took Tyrant to round 3 the first time I played him with Ness. Never again, though :ohwell:

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
That Quizno's match is #1. I'm sorry, but the story is just too good, and being such a complete *** to the guy and giving him the win for a replay cracks me up to this day.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Me vs Meep; CGC 10/11? I ***** NorCal's best player with Lucas and 2-stocked his Meta and Snake. Not to mention it was one of the best car-rides everr

D

Deleted member

Jeez so cocky goats.

what rank is that match on japes where u just stood on the platform for 6 minutes vs dreamhack and he wouldnt approach u xD

i wanna play soon
:001:

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Hall, the SDSU tournament is tomorrow at like 8:30PM at the bowling alley in SDSU. But they are most likely gonna do crews at like 7 maybe? (The dorm kids vs the bowling alley kids.)

You also have to be an SDSU student to enter the tourney. (They wont let me enter it, but said I am welcome to come) =(

Sooooo.. I'm gonna be there from like 2 until like 8 or so. Then I gotta go pick everyone up and head to LA.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
#4 - Beating AC at that one Tijuana Tournament. Nair-to-jab-to-ftilt-to-Spike. I did horribly in pools but utterly ***** that fool. :) Havok remembers what I did that makes the memory so funny. I looked like Husband beating that one guy from MLG 2005/2006.

yysu

Smash Cadet
Wow, I really do like doing stupid things in my matches. That was rank #5.
Is that or any other of the matches mentioned (#1, 2, 3 etc) recorded??? i would like to see them!!!! and also havok losing to ganondorf : D

HALL AND OATS And STAUFFY give me your numbersssss!!!

Yysu (Abril) 619 884 2957

Hey Burntsocks, I know you weren't making fun, I was also joking for the whole time, I should've put an " xD ":chuckle:

I decided, I will main whoever character I have fun with!!!

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Me vs Meep; CGC 10/11? I ***** NorCal's best player with Lucas and 2-stocked his Meta and Snake. Not to mention it was one of the best car-rides everr
I remember watching this one when I was absolute newbie status, i think that was my first or second tournie. The **** was so bad, I was sitting there thinking if he was the best norcal had, I could be PR in like 3 tournies

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Burnt if you want you can try and carpool with me. I don't live anywhere near la jolla but I'm usually ~ 15 minutes away on sundays when the tournies are. You could throw in $3 to $4 for gas?

Anyways SD4 was very fun. SDSU represented! WOO!
Socks lives in La Jolla, whaaaat? Where at?

And Terry what time is the tournie tomorrow? I'm hoping to get some smash in this week since I'm on break

Top Bottom