• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Sorry it's impossible for me to make oats or havok the thread owner because they don't have a post that is older than the first post in this thread (let alone, they don't even have a post older than the first several dozen pages of this thread. ) I just tried it and couldn't find one.
This account begs to differ, Edrees.

- Oats.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
***Beach Bonfire meet info!!!***

Wednesday July 8, La Jolla Shores (Around Kellogg Park)
3PM - 8PM

BRING EVERYONE

Phone: 310-279-0017

We'll have Coronado as backup, but La Jolla Shores should be fine

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
Any smashing being done Wednesday? I need last minute practice (I don't like bonfires).

Anybody here doing doubles for Genesis?

Rickety

Peace and Love
Since I'll be picking up (the ever-wonderful) Typh at 7:30 PM, will anybody be able to help me in transporting five(!) smashers from the bonfire to Mario's house?

Please, please, pretty please? <3

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
I need a ride to Havok's house to get to the Genesis bus in the morning! =O

(My dad may/may not be able to give me a ride. I'm not sure if he'll be home from work in time.)

Please call me at (619) 772-0941

Will pay for gas, and thank you!

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
May the FIERCE be with you! (:
Best of luck to all who are going to GENESIS. (: (: (:
Only 1 more week of school & I can be back with you guissseee.

TKD

Smash Lord
Good luck guys! Don't forget who raised you guys from your sprouts; continue to make me proud.
And if you all remenber your mexican side,(specially Havok) theres nothing that can stop you guys.

Now that i think about it a little more, maybe Havok it's from Brazil.

yysu

Smash Cadet
hey!!

Hey, Me and my brothers just moved here to sandiego from mexico city, and i came across this forum searchin for people to brawl with or tourneys... so, are the tourneys still up for sundays?? or something else somehwere else??

Hope to join some smashers soon!!:p

Awex

Smash Lord
Genesis is an enormous tournament happening right now in San Fransisco. There aren't any tournaments this weekend because most of San Diego's players are there.

Welcome to the community though! We should have a tournament next weekend, and we're always welcoming to new members. =)

Husy

Smash Rookie
Hey!

Hiii, I'm new in this city too, but like almost all of you (i think), I'm a veteran smasher.

I hope we can play soon! :chuckle:

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Nice job at Genesis, guys! I was constantly checking bracket updates, even for Melee(hoping for a surprise Ken appearence, but saw Azn Lep, too!). I was surprised at some of the placings and can only imagine how fierce the competition was...matter of fact, had I went, I probably wouldn't have made it past pools. I feel bad for DSF :(

I kinda reflected a bit on how this game has progressed since its release. I remember thinking, "looks like that Oats guy and I are screwed" when I found out about the Ness/Lucas grab-release thing. I also remembered how things changed when the tier list finally came out, and with it, an ocean of Meta Knights...

and so forth. We await your return, San Diego!

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Genesis was awesome! Melee was insane!

-Mango plays Armada in Winners finals...gets *****.
-Mango plays Armada in Grand Finals starts getting ***** and then gives up hope
-Mango gets ONE rest which gave room for more!
-Mango comes back!

As for my performance i got 13th in singles bracket, its ok =). In doubles me and Haze got 4th! yeaaaaa yuzzzzz

**Havok**

Smash Lord
aiight guys, this weekend there won't be weekly since there's EVO.

There will be a smashfest probably on wed (the australians are still here!)

yysu

Smash Cadet
So no weekly until when?? and if yes, on wed where will it be?

on another topic, do any of you guys have a couple of gamecube controllers you could sell me? or where could i find used one on a good price.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
So no weekly until when?? and if yes, on wed where will it be?
on another topic, do any of you guys have a couple of gamecube controllers you could sell me? or where could i find used one on a good price.
There's no weekly till august 1st, as for controllers you should check out your local gamestop, If i see one ill let you know =)

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Sup guise!!!
Genesis was amazing. Melee finals (Mango vs Armada) has to be the craziest thing I have ever seen in my entire life!! No, I'm not kidding a video game match is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. Weird tiebreakers ****ed me up in an already strong and even pool and kept me out of the bracket (f0cus, bladewise and weroup moved out of my pool) Oh well, no johns, whatever, life goes on. Outside of the actual gameplay Genesis was also a lot of fun. The hippies that housed me were really nice and helpful. I got to chill with/talk to/blaze with/play against some of you (SD is too good) and all my favorite OOTowners and met a bunch of new ones (the aussies, puerto ricans, canadians, lain, milktea, samurai, Melee OGs, M2K and a bunch more) which added to the fun.

Anyways, I'd be down to host a tournament/smashfest on sunday after I rest a little from Genesis so our newcomers (Yisu, wolfen and husy) can come play with us and hang out.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Sorry for the double post:

We need to start planning our rides to EVO. We currently have 7 people interested.

Me
Hall
Havok
+ 4 Aussies

Is there anybody else that wants to go? And anybody that can help with transportation. Speak up now or forever hold your peace.

Top Bottom