• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Awex

Smash Lord
Also Nyjin, talk to me on aim. For Havok and my dad's convenience, is it cool if I get dropped off at your place in the morning?

Geomaster

Smash Apprentice
haha, hillarious guys. Well, i'll be at your hose by 9:30 havok. See you dudes then (PS: SHOTGUN!)

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Yes, Havok, they will be at your hose. I hope it isn't leaky.

Geo, you can't call shotgun online you goon!!!

Micheal

Smash Apprentice
hello... i am new to your community.. you guys seem so cool to get to know and everything.

i hurd from burnedsocks there was this nice older man.. that goes by the name of marco salazar (OATS? i think?) who will break me into your scene. thanks a lot guys, you guys totally rock. =)

im 13 btw.

p.s. does anyone listen to linkin park?

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
hello... i am new to your community.. you guys seem so cool to get to know and everything.

i hurd from burnedsocks there was this nice older man.. that goes by the name of marco salazar (OATS? i think?) who will break me into your scene. thanks a lot guys, you guys totally rock. =)

im 13 btw.

Oats will be more than happy to welcome you to our community.

BTW Bone when your going to show up to some tourny?

"And we both confessed how in the nineties we had Alex Valle posters on our walls"
Havok was one of this.

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
Hooooooly crap I should be asleep. ;>_> Hey guys I'm probably gonna be late to the tournament. Maybe I can get my friends to be my secondary alarm clock. I think Fern's coming again, and another friend said he's going too, but I'm not sure if either of them are gonna enter the tournament. But really, considering last time Fern came had only been his second real tournament, I think he did pretty good.

Maybe he can be my Jinx because Toon Link is tiny.

D

Deleted member

im 13 btw.

Wtf i dont even know who you are lol.
Why would i tell someone that oats will break you into our scene :p
W/e XD

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
There hadn't been enough entrants for doubles.

Also I heard Havok's computer asploded. :^(

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Yeah, it started burning or something >_>

It was fun guys, I placed better than last time, thats for sure :D

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Nice yiff picture you got there, Barge.

Our community is going to be overrun by furries before we know it!

Also, here's what Falln will look like when he gets older:

LanceStern

Smash Lord
It was nice meeting you guys.

I was somewhat disappointed with how I did, but it was my first tourney. Still gotta work on my spacing and being unpredictable. It was great playing with you guys: Awex, Izzy, CorruptMind, Payne, and I think Blake (the Game N Watch).

I was Metaknight'd haha. Also I was happy to see some Morse High School pride representing!

snailhead

Smash Rookie
I basically just wanted to say the same has lance haha.

It was fun playing with people that actually know how to play brawl for once rofl, much better than random friends that would rather play halo :ohwell:

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Smashfest this week? I realize that I can't get better when my only means of practice is when I go to tournaments. I need a **** ton of practice, even if I have to get a passport to go down to TJ to get it.

*Nice **** today, Alex. Oh, and Nyjin's spike on Mog was amazing, too.

...oh, forgot to mention: Hall's new look is pretty sharp.

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
Smashfest this week? I realize that I can't get better when my only means of practice is when I go to tournaments. I need a **** ton of practice, even if I have to get a passport to go down to TJ to get it.

*Nice **** today, Alex. Oh, and Nyjin's spike on Mog was amazing, too.

Yeah i have to say the same. Congrats to Awex!
you deserve it dude.

And Hall's new look is manly.

Awex

Smash Lord
Clean shaven short-haired hall is ****ing handsome.

Thanks guys. Let's **** some more out of SD tournaments. :D

I will see about throwing a smashfest in my garage this week. I'll post tomorrow with some confirmation.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
Agreed.

Awex is too good! Congrats on taking 1st place.
I should have stayed today. Well at least I got some doubles frienlies in.

back to Game & Watch Gallery 3! Turtle Bridge is too good!
YES! Greenhouse and Turtle Bridge are awesome! But modern Turtle Bridge has doves instead of turtles.

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
I definitely need to space better. I like to think I'm less predictable than before, though. Also I kind of feel like I should be DIing a lot easier. I just need to practice more I guess.

Also lulz at the edge-fights me and Falln had. There had been exchanges of up to like four edge-grabs each before either of us actually climbed back onto the platform, most of the time accidentally saving each other. XD

LittleFumi

Smash Journeyman
Clean shaven short-haired hall is ****ing handsome.

Thanks guys. Let's **** some more out of SD tournaments. :D

I will see about throwing a smashfest in my garage this week. I'll post tomorrow with some confirmation.
make it melee and brawl. also more people need to signup for the mele tourny, i only won 10 dollars from getting first place. it was still fun though

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
make it melee and brawl. also more people need to signup for the mele tourny, i only won 10 dollars from getting first place. it was still fun though
Yeah it was fun kid, you make me remenber my melee days. Congrats for winning the first place.

Geomaster

Smash Apprentice
And of course the day i decide to go home and sleep is Olimar rocks day. Well, that cool too. Props to Awex and Nyjin. You guys rock.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
And of course the day i decide to go home and sleep is Olimar rocks day. Well, that cool too. Props to Awex and Nyjin. You guys rock.
Corection: Olimar and Ice Climbers. I didn't realize I was watching the finals o_o.

Falco did some AWESOME handling of the ICs in not getting grabbed. it was inevitable though. Insane Falco and insane Olimar guys. Great matches.

Really should have recorded those. Gives great look at how to deal with the ICs as Falco

Geomaster

Smash Apprentice
If any of you gentlemen are fans of KoF, i really reccomend signing up for this KoF12 tourney EVO is holding. Free to join and the grand prize is a KoF12 arcade cabinet. I just signed up and there are like 40 spots left.

Comeon SD, lets represent and make a rockin carpool up there so we can claim us a cabinet!
http://evo2k.com/?page_id=245

Its a saturday too, so we can even make it a 2 day thing and catch a weekly the next day

Awex

Smash Lord
Lance: I only used ICs in those 2 games all day, and I caught a big break game 4. I was certain I would have had to use my counterpick. My ICs aren't quite back in shape yet. ;p

Top Bottom