• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Geomaster

Smash Apprentice
Yep. Without Ryo we wouldnt have Dan. And how hollow would SFIV feel without Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Dan?

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Lance: I only used ICs in those 2 games all day, and I caught a big break game 4. I was certain I would have had to use my counterpick. My ICs aren't quite back in shape yet. ;p
Alright I see. Well you kicked butt with Olimar then haha, and I saw that break you got in Game 4. Very unfortunate for Nyjin.

I liked that match you had with Snake at Luigi's Mansion. I know a stage to not pick.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
I'll get Awex next time. We're ****** buddies now. ;)

In an entirely no-homo and only-brawl related way. Unlike how Mog likes Awex. *cough*

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
1. Awex
2. Nyjin
3. Havok
4. Hall
5. MogX

I'm not sure who the other 5th was...it may have been Soid but I'm not sure. And I'm not posting this out of cockiness. I'm just afraid Tyrant is going to punch me in the face. @_@

**Havok**

Smash Lord
1 awex
2 nyjin
3 havok
4 hall
5 mogx / someon

does anyone have a computer they dont use they can sell me? typing on the ps3 takes so long

tyrant u guys better be practiAing for texas! u guys got this.

EDIT: WOW, so turns out EVO is having brawl again. doubles too. items? who knows.

UnderWing

Smash Apprentice
does anyone have a computer they dont use they can sell me? typing on the ps3 takes so long
Can't you just plug in a USB keyboard? Thought that worked.

Also, if all else fails, you could get like a Dell Mini 9 or an MSI wind (they're like, $200 if you shop around). Those things are really nice (I bought a Wind for note-taking with money I made over Winter break... totally happy with the purchase).

--UnderWing

Rickety

Peace and Love
Good slop.

OOOOHHHH

Brawl at Evo? And KoF?

Too Good.

SSBB, XII, ST, 3S... all we need now is some CVS2 and I'm as happy a pig with a mouthful of slop.

Awex

Smash Lord
SMASHFEST TOMORROW AT MY HOUSE!

6516 Bradford St.
San Diego, CA
(619) 379-7074 - my cell if you need directions

time: ??? I want people to post here when they are free. I'm on break, so anytime works though I know some people aren't free til the evening. Just post if you can make it and at what time and I can give something of a schedule. ;p

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
Count me in. I'm free all day too.

Also, does anyone have a spare job they can give me?

Awex

Smash Lord
People are showing up as early as 1 and as late as around 5 so far. It's pretty much gonna be an all-afternoon thing. Then we'll go get some dinner afterward or something.

Bring a brawl setup if you can. I have melee if anyone really wants to play.

Pheonix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrostboltPhoenix
Hmm...

I may come back for cv29 or cv30 but ionno.

Also expect me to start playing sf4 with you guys!

UnderWing

Smash Apprentice
I might hit that, I've got an interesting schedule tomorrow... but I'm gonna try, 'cause I'm pissed off that I haven't been able to make any of the tourneys lately, and I miss you guys. Hopefully (fingers crossed) I'll see ya'll tomorrow.

--UnderWing

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
Havok, are we going to Race's?

I made sure to let Bill know we miss him dearly.
verbalC0NSOLE (11:57:18 PM): Everyone's been asking about you down here.
m0bill (11:57:28 PM): oh really?
verbalC0NSOLE (11:57:28 PM): No. LOLLY.
m0bill (11:57:42 PM): haha jerk
m0bill (11:57:52 PM): cause im the best toon link ever
verbalC0NSOLE (11:57:58 PM): *rolls eyes

He sends his regards.

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
That's interesting, Ice, but is there a reason there's a mini-map in the bottom right corner?

**Havok**

Smash Lord
K, who wants to go on saturday to Ike Takaneda's tourney at some random card shop?

My car
1. me
6. A small child by the name of Nyjin probably.

If no one wants to go, ill throw the weekly on sat.

Get back at me ppl! I'm deciding on this tonight!

Awex

Smash Lord
Rickety! drop on by.

Gursalug just flagged down the ice cream man on my street. LOLOL.

We all got ice creams :3

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
Lol, am I going to be stuck in the back again if I go? :p I don't mind but...

I'm bringing a pillow this time. :D

(In short, count me in Havok.)

Geomaster

Smash Apprentice
I missed the ice creams but i went anyway... i feel like i got gyped...

just kidding. It was rockin fun guys. It was super awesome seeing all of you again, especially Rick and Selendrile

Stay classy san diego, i'll probably see you at the next weekly

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for letting us use your garage today, Alex.

Um, anyway, I want to apologize if I've been coming off as angry as of late. For starters, I had no right to go off on Falln on Sunday. He's a kid, and they tend to be annoying. Instead of ignoring it, I went down to his level. I really don't know what has caused this sudden change in temperment for me. It could have to do with the fact that I'm getting worse at Smash instead of improving. I mean, hell, I now lose to lvl 9 CPUs which is embarrassing in itself. I never used to have a problem with losing in games, but when you lose constantly it has a tendency to get old. So, here's where most of you would say'

"Well, step it up".

...but I don't know how. I used to think it was my choice of character. Vicegrip's performances have proved me wrong on that. I know that it's me who isn't that good, not Ness. So, any pointers and whatnot are always helpful. When I get my *** beat, why not tell me some stuff I do wrong. I don't want to quit going to tournaments, but losing all the time doesn't help encourage me much, you know? Anyway, thanks for listening to me complain.

This quote from Rickety made my day:

Geo: I'm going to go play on this TV, with the awesome people

Rickety: But everybody here is awesome.

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
Havok, stop ****** people!

I should be able to make it to Ike Takeda's Mystical Realm of Erotic Fantasies tournament on Saturday but I can let you know by Friday.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
A Saturday weekly would be cool, cause Easter is family dinner time, and Jesus time haha.

But I want to ask again, is there ANY WAY possible to get what place I came in at the weekly and how many people were in it? I know I did bad but itd be good to know.

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
It definitely helped me today that Ness happens to be one of my alts, so even though I don't study any metagaming for him in depth, I still realize his strengths and some strategies to look out for as I play against him.

I did notice you had a tendency to PK Fire, but there isn't really much I could do to punish you for that specifically. PKSkylar taught me that thunder is actually a pretty good attack by itself, and I figured that even if you miss your opponent, you can still often use it to launch yourself to safety. It might not be great to do constantly of course, because it can be punished, but it's certainly something to think about.

Also, Ness is fairly quick in his attacks, so it may be a good idea to use his f-air or dash attack sometimes just to rack up a little more damage. His f-tilt does pretty good knockback and comes out fast, so it's a pretty good alternative if you don't have time to smash.

Especially as it started getting later, I noticed you kind of hung back near the edge. I think you should be moving around a lot more, putting in more aerials, changing from quick hits to strong hits to defensiveness just to mindgame. Mostly, though, you've clearly been having a bad day, and you actually started releasing the controls in situations you could have easily recovered from because of it. It seemed a lot like a mentality thing more than anything. You literally LET yourself fall at one point, in turn letting yourself get even more frustrated. You might do better if you play to have fun. Go for a tough footstool, crack the bat, and chase the balloon. You have to like the game in order to try harder.

"At least I got the balloon."

Top Bottom