• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Hall wins =D

Also, it was my fault for bein so bad in doubles sorry skyler. Next time...we got this.
Ahh, im wa just a little better than you that day at doubles, and i also think tis cause we couldnt find the right character for you to play!

me surviving that fall at delfino was sooooo scary :D

RZG

Smash Rookie
I live in chula vista and I go to Otay Ranch high school and im really excited to play against good players, so where do you guys meet to play. just give me the adress and Ill look up map on google.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
I live in chula vista and I go to Otay Ranch high school and im really excited to play against good players, so where do you guys meet to play. just give me the adress and Ill look up map on google.
Well I just got outta class right now so if you wanna get together and play a bit now just let me know..... Just call my cell 813-5848 just ask for dreamhack and I live in chula vista too like 5 minutes from eastlake high.

RZG

Smash Rookie
Well I just got outta class right now so if you wanna get together and play a bit now just let me know..... Just call my cell 813-5848 just ask for dreamhack and I live in chula vista too like 5 minutes from eastlake high.

sure when could we get together and play

Hall

Smash Ace
dude, Hall, thanks man. i totally get where you coming from! Thanks everyone eles for trying to help me out....I think maybe with more practice and more mindgames(especially some pk thunder ones, anyone? :D) ill do better next time...I have to! I plan on coming back in 2 weeks, so hopefully i will see you all then!
Just going off what I've seen you do...

be careful about throwing out so many PK thunders. Especially if you do it so close to your opponent, its an easy punish (unless you're Simna or Oats). Before practicing your PK thunder beyond recoveries try out Ness's aerial game. His fair is his best approach and once you're comfortable with it its your best spacing game. Also for gimping purposes hit with the tail of the PK thunder and not the ball itself. You should be able to notice the difference.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Just going off what I've seen you do...

be careful about throwing out so many PK thunders. Especially if you do it so close to your opponent, its an easy punish (unless you're Simna or Oats). Before practicing your PK thunder beyond recoveries try out Ness's aerial game. His fair is his best approach and once you're comfortable with it its your best spacing game. Also for gimping purposes hit with the tail of the PK thunder and not the ball itself. You should be able to notice the difference.
Ive been getting punished recently for using too many pkts too close to the opponent so I should really stop doing that. im VERY comfortable with Fair, ive been sparking up people with it for a while now :D i think the main thing I need to work on might not be Ness-specific, more like using moves carefuly and not getting punished, reading my opponents moves better, being better in dodgeing and less predictable in dodging, and ,of course, mindgamez.

whats the best CP for Snake you think? as Ness I like to cp Delfino Plaza and Corneria, but as Snake I have no idea.

D

Deleted member

Try doin some empty short hops. Even if you dont have a specific idea on what you are trying to bait, its still useful it makes you look like your good.

Hall

Smash Ace
whats the best CP for Snake you think? as Ness I like to cp Delfino Plaza and Corneria, but as Snake I have no idea.
No idea. When counter picking I usually go for levels I am personally comfortable with or I know my opponent is uncomfortable with. Neutrals are usually a safe bet, and lots of people don't like Lylat. Most Snake's and MK's do well on Luigi's too. First and foremost it should be something that suits you instead of your character.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
No idea. When counter picking I usually go for levels I am personally comfortable with or I know my opponent is uncomfortable with. Neutrals are usually a safe bet, and lots of people don't like Lylat. Most Snake's and MK's do well on Luigi's too. First and foremost it should be something that suits you instead of your character.
Yeah luigi's mansion is a good CP but last weekly I played dani and I lost on that stage cause he kept on running and trying to run out the clock since I lost that 1st match.... But I agree with Hall though Neutrals really are a safe bet if you unsure on what to pick!

Edit: Sorry for the double post just had to get in on that..... LOL! :chuckle:

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Hey guys, can i get the top 8 for last weekly and the characters everyone used? (Im gonna submit it to the character rankings thread, cause Sockz got Yoshi some points!)

$BONE$

Smash Ace
I know, I know my children. It's a crime, really.

Burntsockz is the Brave Little Toaster of San Diego.

EDIT:

PKSkylur will be, Timmy O'Toole.

EDIT v2.0:
Dreamhack, I ban you from posting here until you can formulate responses that don't constantly remind me of nails screeching on a chalkboard.

KIDDING.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
I know, I know my children. It's a crime, really.

EDIT:

EDIT v2.0:
Dreamhack, I ban you from posting here until you can formulate responses that don't constantly remind me of nails screeching on a chalkboard.

KIDDING.
LAWL can I be the radio? that guy was sick.

Anways, random smashfest tomorrow 630- who knows. Tetris attack anyone? :laugh:

Anyone who wants to crash is more than welcome to.

Soid

Smash Journeyman
LAWL can I be the radio? that guy was sick.

Anways, random smashfest tomorrow 630- who knows. Tetris attack anyone? :laugh:

Anyone who wants to crash is more than welcome to.

im going there probably die there loll00ol0ll0000000ol0lo0l0ol0olo0l

PKSkyler

Smash Lord

EDIT:

KIDDING.
For real though, hes the lil engine that could :p

O_o i saw a simpsons episode whre bart pretended to be an orphan named Timmy O'Toole.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
thx for ruining the game man
ja dude you messed it up i had a good line w/ soid and bone but now its lost
O_o i saw a simpsons episode whre bart pretended to be an orphan named Timmy O'Toole.
i think what he meant is that ur bart simpson trapped in a well. but look at the brightside you get to meet sting (or whoever guest stars) at the end of the episode
EDIT: can someone click on the sig to check if the link works, it works w/ me but yeah just to make sure it works

D

Deleted member

Ya it workz.

My mom says i need to get a life, but hopefully i can come for singles at least.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
j

i think what he meant is that ur bart simpson trapped in a well. but look at the brightside you get to meet sting (or whoever guest stars) at the end of the episode
EDIT: can someone click on the sig to check if the link works, it works w/ me but yeah just to make sure it works

Oh hahah i get it...xD

anyway your sig is cool but it lacks Ness!

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Making Strides

Hey Guys,

I know this is not Smash Related, but I'd like to take a little bit of your time to ask for some help. In a couple of weeks I'm going to be participating in a walk against Breast Cancer. What that means is, I'm going to be walking for miles with a bunch of other like-minded and caring individuals to raise money for Breast Cancer Research and to also raise awareness. It's really fun and it helps me feel better about myself, knowing that I'm contributing in the fight against Breast Cancer. So, I'm just asking for a donation from any of you that would like to help me help others. My eventual goal is $500 raised, and I think that's reasonable. Especially in honoring the lives of the people I knew that have suffered due to breast cancer.

So my personal donation page will be at the bottom of this post. Just click on "make a gift to support Marco" underneath the thermostat. I'll also be collecting any money at the Weekly if you can't give a gift online, and I'll gladly do it for you.

Thanks.

My Donation Page
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/M...m1.app312a&px=3159536&pg=personal&fr_id=11602

Soid

Smash Journeyman
hey guys i dont have my phone can anyone call havokz and tell him if he can pick tkd, GC(my gf) and i on the buger king at 11:30?
please

Top Bottom