• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Hall

Smash Ace
fun tourney, but i sucked pretty bad that day... ugh, it makes me wanna quit.

also i quess I didnt fully understand counter picking and it ended up screwing me over!
Next weekly or smashfest we see each other we'll practice your Snake and Ness and see if we can improve each other.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Next weekly or smashfest we see each other we'll practice your Snake and Ness and see if we can improve each other.
Ill get better from that, thanks!

But you wont any experince if you play me, your on a whole other level!

Im more into improving my Nessu than my Snake, but they both need work.

D

Deleted member

Havok i have no place to put the flyers. Ill get in trouble if I do it at school(darn private school), my neighborhood is against posting signs and nobody wants to come anyways(darn neighbors), and i dont know anybody that wants to come -.-

I think me vs bone got recorded. Dunno how oats does it with uploadin tho.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Havok i have no place to put the flyers. Ill get in trouble if I do it at school(darn private school), my neighborhood is against posting signs and nobody wants to come anyways(darn neighbors), and i dont know anybody that wants to come -.-

I think me vs bone got recorded. Dunno how oats does it with uploadin tho.
its ok kiddo, at least you tried.

Soid

Smash Journeyman
i toold to my gf to put them at her school the school whit 4000+ students LOL :p

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
i saw those videos where you played in that online tourney (finals) cool stuff lol :laugh:
LOL! Is that sarcasm!? *shakes fist
I think your Marth is better than his but I made a lot of mistakes in those matches. Especially the first and 5th final one. Le sigh. The Wario battles needed Zelda but I couldn't transition between Zelda & ZeroSuit since they're so different. *cry*

Hall

Smash Ace
Ill get better from that, thanks!

But you wont any experince if you play me, your on a whole other level!

Im more into improving my Nessu than my Snake, but they both need work.
I might be a little better, but being a more advanced player doesn't mean one still can't learn. Even guys like TKD, Bone, and DSF still learn every time they play. Techniques and tactics aren't always character specific either. You should always have confidence in your abilities. If you can't beat your opponent in one aspect try another.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
LOL! Is that sarcasm!? *shakes fist
I think your Marth is better than his but I made a lot of mistakes in those matches. Especially the first and 5th final one. Le sigh. The Wario battles needed Zelda but I couldn't transition between Zelda & ZeroSuit since they're so different. *cry*
lol no no, i just was perusing some random thread I never do and I found your name then I was curious if it was you and watched the first one haha. it was cool.

Marceux

Smash Journeyman

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Man, it still blows my mind that sockz beat bone!!! That was great ****!!!

Oh btw Carlos, SWC didnt let me put the flyers at the information center! The only thing the let me do was post it up on the bulletin board and just leave the flyers below in one of the slots....

Better than nothing I guesse???

**Havok**

Smash Lord
i want but i dont have money to come back :(
tKD said he wanted to come, how much is it to come bak anyways? Im willing to pitch something for you guys to come over.

Oh btw Carlos, SWC didnt let me put the flyers at the information center! The only thing the let me do was post it up on the bulletin board and just leave the flyers below in one of the slots....

Better than nothing I guesse???
O course! Well let's keep trying.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
I might be a little better, but being a more advanced player doesn't mean one still can't learn. Even guys like TKD, Bone, and DSF still learn every time they play. Techniques and tactics aren't always character specific either. You should always have confidence in your abilities. If you can't beat your opponent in one aspect try another.
im having some trouble understanding this...I know what you mean about getting better every time you play, but what do you mean exactly by "if you cant beat your opponent in one aspect try another"? Like try a different strategy(offensive, defensive, spammy and zoning, or what...?) or a different character?

Its hard to have confidence when you can hardly EVER win though :p

hey and when is that smash charity tournemant? Im defiannty gonna try to go and ill bring 2 friends. (they are worse then me somehow, so easy wins :p)

oh and Havok, ill get flyers next time and pass them out during lunch (my high school is at Mesa College Campus! :D)

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
If you want to build confidence, just play a bunch of noobs. In Melee I found myself getting better when I played noobs every now and then (roomates 3 on 1) because it built my confidence up like crazy, which is a key element.

gameophile

Smash Apprentice
Mikomi-con Built my confidence over 9,000 but quiznos brought it down to -5.

I kind of know the path for me to getting better. I just gotta find the balance between thinking and just playing.

RZG

Smash Rookie
Ive been looking for some good brawl players here in San Diego but theres not many I can find, the closest ones i know that can actually beat me are in TJ, so I was wondering that if any of you ever get together and play can I join in.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
If you want to build confidence, just play a bunch of noobs. In Melee I found myself getting better when I played noobs every now and then (roomates 3 on 1) because it built my confidence up like crazy, which is a key element.
dood playing noobs doesnt help me (i do it a lot) it just makes me think "geez i wonder how good REAL players are" :p

Ive been looking for some good brawl players here in San Diego but theres not many I can find, the closest ones i know that can actually beat me are in TJ, so I was wondering that if any of you ever get together and play can I join in.
where do you live? I live in linda vista...familar with it? live close by?

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
ps caile loco!!!
where do you live? u come to school here? we have these every weekend on sundays and some people play during the week (anyone up tomorrow or friday???)

btw sky just try new stuff and mix it up
i forced quick attack cancelling on pikachu on sunday so i can learn better aproaches. on sunday i played really limited by almost exclusively moving around like that w/ pikachu so it can help me to aproach better once i master that whole thing (maybe i wont run into so many Usmashes by bone) this kinda goes into the next point (i guess). on mixing it up i gave up a comfortable lead w/ kirby against hack's snake by being predictable. look at what you do and do it differently or do something else (which goes back to new stuff in a way)
idk u best listen to hall or something (or strap on yo nikes)
edit: anyone up fo some smash? i srsly need teh practice

D

Deleted member

Dont listen to him skyler, just pick a character that can projectile camp, do a bunch of random empty short hops, and use projectiles, and you win =P

Lol

But seriously, that actually kinda works.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Mikomi-con Built my confidence over 9,000 but quiznos brought it down to -5.

I kind of know the path for me to getting better. I just gotta find the balance between thinking and just playing.
Yeah I know what you mean but I get more confident when I actually beat good people in friendlies or at smashfests..... Its great practice and gets you ready for upcoming tournies!

Where u live? Where u go to school? And do you have a way to get to tournaments or smashfests???? Also yeah Tj has some good players and they come to our weeklies almost every week!

Dont listen to him skyler, just pick a character that can projectile camp, do a bunch of random empty short hops, and use projectiles, and you win =P

Lol

Yeah socks like how you ledge camp while spamming eggs onto the stage???

:chuckle:

**Havok**

Smash Lord
today = too fun!

Tetris attack = WAY too fun lawl! Who else wants a piece of the madness.

Can Anyone make me a sig? Trust me if I could make my own I would I just don't know how...show me? What I want is something kind specific so bear with me lawl.

Hall

Smash Ace
im having some trouble understanding this...I know what you mean about getting better every time you play, but what do you mean exactly by "if you cant beat your opponent in one aspect try another"? Like try a different strategy(offensive, defensive, spammy and zoning, or what...?) or a different character?

Its hard to have confidence when you can hardly EVER win though :p
As for clarification, I suppose most of what I can say can be summed up by mindgames. Not so much strategy and tactics as learning about your opponent and the things they like to do. What they are especially good at and some other things they don't like to do. This can be as broad as projectile spamming or attacking aggressively or as specific as "this particular Snake player doesn't grenade strip" or "this Marth always likes to short hop". In melee players that couldn't develop strong enough mindgames would rely on overwhelming tech skill to beat their opponents and vice-versa. I suppose what I meant was that you should think about what you can attack in-game and outside the game.

A couple weeklies back P_Noy would beat the tar out of my Snake and at one point I was so shaken up I started to throw other characters I wasn't nearly as good with in desperation. When MogX beat P_noy he shatered his confidence resulting in a similar situation, and TKD tells me I got him afraid to use Meta-Knight against me one time. Instead of thinking about the things you can't do and the ways you can't win (which you do alot in your posts:ohwell:) start thinking about what you can do and try.

Like everyone else said, confidence is key.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
duh of course it works, listening to hall and "straping on yo nikes" always works
Can Anyone make me a sig? Trust me if I could make my own I would I just don't know how...show me? What I want is something kind specific so bear with me lawl.
i can try, im making soid one and i alredy made one for my lil bro and iceDX for AIB im not that good tough. if u download gimp i can show you how to mess arround w/ sigs and what not
u can try this place deez dudes know their stuff
http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=15
they got some great stuff there

btw anyone up fo some smash i need massive practice
plus no skool tomorrow (at least for me)

D

Deleted member

Ill make one if you want. I made my own, and some others for other people, so i dunno. Im decent with GIMP. Just tell me what you want(or you can go to the artwork emporium, they are really good over there).

Also, yay for no school =D

PS: Can someone tell me how to get good at doubles =/ Im really bad at it =*(

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
As for clarification, I suppose most of what I can say can be summed up by mindgames. Not so much strategy and tactics as learning about your opponent and the things they like to do. What they are especially good at and some other things they don't like to do. This can be as broad as projectile spamming or attacking aggressively or as specific as "this particular Snake player doesn't grenade strip" or "this Marth always likes to short hop". In melee players that couldn't develop strong enough mindgames would rely on overwhelming tech skill to beat their opponents and vice-versa. I suppose what I meant was that you should think about what you can attack in-game and outside the game.

A couple weeklies back P_Noy would beat the tar out of my Snake and at one point I was so shaken up I started to throw other characters I wasn't nearly as good with in desperation. When MogX beat P_noy he shatered his confidence resulting in a similar situation, and TKD tells me I got him afraid to use Meta-Knight against me one time. Instead of thinking about the things you can't do and the ways you can't win (which you do alot in your posts:ohwell:) start thinking about what you can do and try.

Like everyone else said, confidence is key.
Dude Hall, you just nailed it for me!!!! Everything you said even the examples with P_noy and TKD you gave have happened to me at one time or another and I just got so shaken up it felt like I took a step back.... But yeah your right you have to think about your opponents tendancies and use some mindgamez to beat your opponent. It's true, think about what you can do!!!

Great Post Hall!!!

:)

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Dude Hall, you just nailed it for me!!!! Everything you said even the examples with P_noy and TKD you gave have happened to me at one time or another and I just got so shaken up it felt like I took a step back.... But yeah your right you have to think about your opponents tendancies and use some mindgamez to beat your opponent. It's true, think about what you can do!!!

Great Post Hall!!!

:)
He makes a huge point, when me and hall first starting playing up until now :

- I didn't know how to play vs Snake = explosions everywhere, me getting hit by them
-Started to get past explosions and getting halls face = hall having trouble getting on stage
-Hall figured out i spot dodge too much = me getting grabbed after hall patiently waits for my spot dodge
-I saw that he tends to spot dodge right before landing = Hall getting killed by U-tilts
-Hall now has unpredictable (to some extent) air trajectories = me getting confused

and on and on and on soooo many things in our matchup since we started playing. haha

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
dude, Hall, thanks man. i totally get where you coming from! Thanks everyone eles for trying to help me out....I think maybe with more practice and more mindgames(especially some pk thunder ones, anyone? :D) ill do better next time...I have to! I plan on coming back in 2 weeks, so hopefully i will see you all then!

Again, thanks man. Youve always been a cool dude, even back in Gamers universe where i though everyone would laugh at me if i lost a match :)

PS: Can someone tell me how to get good at doubles =/ Im really bad at it =*(
Dont team up with this guy, PKSkyler...hes a noob :p

wait...Confidence!

I mean, DEFINANTLY TEAM UP WITH ME!!! WE GOT THIS!

D

Deleted member

Hall wins =D

Also, it was my fault for bein so bad in doubles sorry skyler. Next time...we got this.

Top Bottom