• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Lance, go to your Control Panel (User CP) > Settings&Options > Edit Options > Date & Time Options. Change it to PST (GMT -8) and presto it's Kirby! Pacific Standard Time .

Also Havok's is today and Chill's is tomorrow in case you're wondering Lance. I'll tell you guys if I'm doing a smashfest on Saturday later. I'm like 90% sure I can/will but still random stuff can happen, there's stuff in Cerritos (I think) and blah blah blah.

Pheonix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrostboltPhoenix
I'll try to make it today. I'll be able to stay late if havok can give me a ride back home :p

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I regret to inform you that I am no longer having a smashfest on Saturday. Sorry guys. I'll probably do something before WGF.

Pheonix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrostboltPhoenix
Wow guys. Seriously?

I was JUST there, house was abondoned, no lights were on, cars were parked right outside so i went to the lolitas area. NO ONE. I try calling Chill (only number i have now) and his phone is dead.

This is the 2nd time this has happened to me now and im getting pretty **** annoyed, i was looking forward to hanging out with you guys but whatever i guess. Im home now and theres no way i can get a second ride over there.

ChillCoyotl

Smash Journeyman
well Lance and tearbear were probably there, the rest of us were out to eat at some asian place that wasn't in the immediate area

Anyways, smashfest TODAY (friday) at my place. Starts at noon, goes until whenever. Show up! Bring Wiis and TVs, PLEASE.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
Did you knock on the door Phoenix?

Did you, maybe, wait a bit?

How the HELL are you going to get mad at them for a lack of effort on your part? Like Chill said, most of them were eating. Before you get mad or go on a giant guilt-trip, consider your words and actions.

Tearbear

Smash Ace
Wow guys. Seriously?

I was JUST there, house was abondoned, no lights were on, cars were parked right outside so i went to the lolitas area. NO ONE. I try calling Chill (only number i have now) and his phone is dead.

This is the 2nd time this has happened to me now and im getting pretty **** annoyed, i was looking forward to hanging out with you guys but whatever i guess. Im home now and theres no way i can get a second ride over there.
when i got there the lights were off and knocked on the door and waited a bit then lance got the door

$BONE$

Smash Ace
Lololl this stuff is soo funny to read after not coming here for so long. Im laughing so hard right now, its pretty epic

Pheonix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrostboltPhoenix
Did you knock on the door Phoenix?

Did you, maybe, wait a bit?

How the HELL are you going to get mad at them for a lack of effort on your part? Like Chill said, most of them were eating. Before you get mad or go on a giant guilt-trip, consider your words and actions.
Im not mad at anyone, im just annoyed purely for the fact that this is the 2nd time its happened. Im not mad at anyone, no reason to be, i'll probably catch Chills smashfest if i can later on today though. I'll text/call you beforehand so pleassse keep your phone charged.

Speaking of phones. Havok, Awex, Stauffy, etc. can i get your guys numbers? :p

ChillCoyotl

Smash Journeyman
my address is 61 East Whitney Street chula vista just in case anyone forgot

edit: C'mon folks, it's mighty quiet over here :p

LanceStern

Smash Lord
A lot of people couldn't make it today Chili from what I remember. I do not have my car :(

And yes Phoenix I let in 3 people 3 different times when they knocked at the door/rang the doorbell. Sorry that happened to you.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
i miss san diego

it's going to be nice to be back next weekend

i'm probably going to cry

Awex

Smash Lord
Is anyone throwing a smashfest on Friday the 15th, before WGF? Typh and Rich need something to do in San Diego while I'm at a concert.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Does anyone wanna go to World 2-3 with Me and Christian tomorrow? I'm bringing two people home with me so I have room for 1 more if they wanna go and aren't way out of the way from Chula Vista or El Cajon and have a few bucks for gas. =P

Tearbear

Smash Ace
Pool 12

Ninjalink <--?
*Oats *
Orion <--MK/Falco
Pink Fresh <--Lucas
SnakAttack <--dont know
Yubi <--dont know

Pool 20

Copacetic <--TL
Formundman <--dont know
GDX <--dont know
*Havok*
Izumi <--TL
Snapp <--dont know

good luck guys

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Tearbear or anyone that knows, how do you determine the pools?

Say a tournament has 80 entrants. How do you go about breaking that up into pools and then how many fall into a bracket?

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
From my experience they usually make the brackets divisible by 4. So like 8, 16, 32, or 64, due to seeding and so there is not an excess amount of rounds or something like that.

SuperRad

Smash Master
@Lance:
Most people use Tio which can automatically create pools for you. But, to do it by hand you do something like:
1) Seed a certain number of people for your pools [how many you chose to seed depends on how many pools you have, how many 'seed worthy' people there are and how many will be making it out of pools.
2) Put the seeded people into pools first, separating by region and distributing skilled players appropriately.
3) Put the rest of the players in the pools, again separating by region as appropriate.
4) Look over the pools to make sure one isn't significantly harder than the rest.

thats about it, i guess.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
I'm here to post so people feel that always pleasant "OMG SOM1 posted in Chula Vista threaaad!"

Yep, yep.

Also, I'm willing to smash tomorrow (today? Anyways, I mean SUNDAY). With who or when? That's for fate to decide.

D

Deleted member

So much smash, and i have finals and no car :(

September and im free :D

Top Bottom