• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
That leaves 8 spots open (I might be saving two of those spots for special guests so pipe up while you can). For big tournaments likes this I'm generally gonna pick SD's stronger players to represent over everyone else so this isn't gonna be a first come first serve basis. Express your interest quickly, and remember. The van might not be a for sure thing so just because this list is up doesn't mean it's gonna happen this way.
Oh, uh... you can't possibly consider going without SD's #1 Lucario to watch your backs, surely.

Hall

Smash Ace
Hey, I'm right here! D:

I don't think I need to cry like this. I asked for a spot too...

before most people did, even.
You are an SD player. Quit you're whining I'm not ignoring you. I just said SD players get priority. And furthermore if you look at the schedule for BIO3 and the projected time we'd be leaving (Friday night) we're not gonna get time to see ****. ALSO ALSO ALSO I don't even know if the van is for sure yet. Please just express interest so I can get in idea of who, how many, and why.

Also don't read that as serious as it looks. I'm just far too manly to put things like <3's to show I'm playful.

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
Hall, I don't think I'm going to BIO3 because I'm coming down with something (again) seeing as how it's 8:25PM and I still haven't eaten since yesterday. Do you have a deadline?

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Even when Fierce acts like he has **** to do you know he's still lying through his teeth (or *******, whichever has a bigger gap)

Case in Point: "Ladies night out, buh-bye." - Fierce. Who do we see Friday night hanging with Little Oats, Oats, Chill, Stauffy, Hall, and Havok? I'll give you a guess, and it wasn't Nog.

I'm not manly enough to post something silly without adding, <3.

And Chill, quit your whining.

Smash <3iego HATE.

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
Saying I'm up in your house saying I'm up in your car. But you're in LA... and I'm out at Jermaine's.

and so I went out the next night! LOL. Hush Hush!
I think I got sick last night from Brass.

:urg:
edit: and theyre both about the same size oats, thanks to shadowmeep.

Hall

Smash Ace
Hall
Oats
Havok
Bone
Hugs
Stauffy
Rickety
Chill
Mike Haze
Tyrant

~
~
That's the new list. Mike Haze and Tyrant are still tentative as I'm going to be giving priority to SD. There is also the case of special guests from myself and Bone.

Also, I'm going in for an oil change and a crap load of other things I usually have to do when taking these cars (especially the van) so be grateful you punk kids

Hall

Smash Ace
Hall
Oats
Havok
Bone
Hugs
Stauffy
Rickety
Chill
Mike Haze
Tyrant
DSF
Nezumi
Maple(?)

That's the new permanent list unless someone drops out. Maple pushes us one past the comfortable seating number. I'll figure out if he can squeeze in when I go for that oil change.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
This weekend is sounding fun.. Tyrant.. DSF.. Haze? bye. BYE..... BYE!!!

Whos all 21? Anyone know if Senna and AJ are making it?

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure everybody on that list is of age, Bone, aside from Tyrant and Chill...and possibly Haze (don't quote me on that last one, though).

Have fun, guys. I would've went, but I want somebody else to win the money besides me

gameophile

Smash Apprentice
Hall
Oats
Havok
Bone
Hugs
Stauffy
Rickety
Chill
Mike Haze
Tyrant
DSF
Nezumi
Maple(?)

That's the new permanent list unless someone drops out. Maple pushes us one past the comfortable seating number. I'll figure out if he can squeeze in when I go for that oil change.
Wow thats one fun list

Aite wen r u guys coming bak ?

if one drops i mite be down

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Saw this and laughed. Just so you know how far Hall and I go back...

Yo, I was thinking of hosting like a local smash fest, and I was just wondering you guys have any good advice for hosting like a regional call-out (for San Diego residents if anyone cares). And also, what's the best way to record Smash Fights. Thanx

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Oh, and I don't know if any of you guys read comics, but Green Lantern is ****ing amazing right now, and this picture makes me love being a super big fat ugly stinky nerd.

Hall

Smash Ace
I'll hopefully have gas prices up tonight sometime after 6. Remember, just in case you haven't read my full post we'll be leaving in the dead of night Friday (think post eleven 'o clock) beasting our way up to SF. We'll also be leaving Sunday as early as possible since the van has to be back by Monday morning. LA and everyone else make sure you're ok with this

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
you guys should stop by my house on the way and give me a hug

wow if i didn't have work saturday i could have come. lame

Orb13

Smash Cadet
Are you guys doing a melee tourney too now? Or just friendlies? I'll be starting up melee weeklies in the Chula Vista area, unless you guys are already doing them. I'll post something on the regionals within a week. Everyone is welcome to come.

D

Deleted member

After watching armadas peach i think i might main peach in melee o_o
Too gud :D

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Typh i would so give you a hug.

BTW Glorious *******s, the NEW tarantino movie comes out tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who's down????

Orb13

Smash Cadet
Well, I know quite a few people who want to exclusively play melee, so I'm going to start some weeklies. You're all welcome to come to them.

Hall

Smash Ace
Ok, I've got the mileage down and estimated gas prices for the drive up and down SF. We're looking at filling up roughly 4 times at a little less than $3 a gallon (about tenish cents less). That's gonna set us back $320 total. A twelve way split will set us back $26 each for gas on the way up and down.

That's $26 for gas. If Maple does come with us that'll be $24.61 $25

Brawl entry fee for singles will run you $15
Doubles will cost you $20

That's $35 for Brawl (not counting crews).

Melee entry fee for singles will cost you $8. Straight up.

Havok is supposed to find housing for us so no worries there.

So that's $51 if you're doing Brawl.

$34 if you're doing Melee

$59 if you're doing both.

Pretty cheap for a road trip to San Fran if you ask me. Make sure to bring enough cash for wine women and gambling. Friday night I get off around 10:30PM so I'll be going straight in to the drive from work. LA you need to get me some address(es) to pick y'all up from. You also need to expect to be picked up in the dead of night probably around oneish in the morning.

SD, you better all be in one ****ing place or I'm gonna give you a taste of the Hallocaust :rocket:

Top Bottom