• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

LittLeLives

Smash Apprentice
Who ever wants to tag along with me next friday for A LOT of SF4 casuals and a small tourney (like 30 ppl in a house lol).
Hey man you went to Cody's TTF?
I was planning on going this past Friday but my ride had places to be (and the Friday before that I was getting a haircut in Kearny Mesa).
If you could take me along next time that would be so kick ***. We could talk about it tomorrow, hopefully. You going to PHS3, by the way?

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
O i was thinking not JUST number based, in which case having a few people would help.
Well, i use many number not just a few. And my term of qualification haver their rules, so it's not really all numbers, you pretty much you need to archieve a couple of things first if you want to get some points.

If my rank were all number you pretty much will be out of the rank, because you don't atend many tournaments besides CV weeklys.

Pretty much what your saying is going back to the old system, wish it was only guessing who was better. The only controversial stuff in this last rank was bone, he attend many tournaments, he won many time, he beat a lot of good people, but still he didnt got a ranked person or someone as good as a power rank. And i do believe right now that Bone can take on many ranked people but still he haven't done it.

Everything so far is good.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
i cannot make it tomorrow ^_^

gl everyone.

<33 bone for sd rankings, one day.

edit: mango beat m2k. he deserves a love combo.

♡\(^∀^)メ(^∀^)ノ♡

yay.

Awex

Smash Lord
That song has been going around for quite awhile now.

I already shared this with everyone in the first IRC chat, but I feel the need to repost it because it's fantastic. (Mad props to Fierce for introducing me to Capsule. :3)

**Havok**

Smash Lord
hey guys since the hour was moved up ahead. We're starting later than usual.

Pleaaaase tv's and consoles!

See you guys tomorrow!

TJ i can pick you up, call me in the morning.

ONCE-LER

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm new to the smash community, but I was wondering if this is a friendly Brawl scene and if there is anyone that lives in Rancho Bernardo that I could practice with. Also, is this the San Diego Forum?

**Havok**

Smash Lord
There may be a couple players in Rancho Bernardo. You'll just have to keep posting. But yes, we're brawl friendly. There are two San Diego threads on this forum. Did you find us through the blog?

$BONE$

Smash Ace
I might not be around much with my new work schedule. seeigh. *vanishes*

*reappears and does a cartwheel* hehehehehe. *vanishes again*

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry for not playing as well as I usually do guys. I'm having Eric-dramz right now & I think my mind was elsewhere.

Forgive me PLZ.

Eclipsedrgn

Smash Cadet
Lol the tournament today was pro, i think i'll stick to playing melee though. Nice meeting all of you. See you all next week hopefully.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff today, guys. My friend is gonna show up next week to try out his Gen/Vega skills.

Whoo! A third place medal to add to my desolate display case!!!

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
Eric & I had a Sindel ditto (screaming match) over the phone just now so expect my playstyle at the next weekly to be extremely aggressive.

<3 you guise.

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
I forgive you, Fierce.

Also Havok I think I left my remote at your place. Someone used it to start up a system and forgot to return it. >_<

Also lulz I think you guys broke Fern's spirit. Good times. Someone also saved a replay to my system and I forgot their name. :^S I'm not sure I can upload it myself, either.

Also one of these days I'm gonna learn that elusive jab-lock tech. You're gonna hate me so good. Then I'm actually gonna be able to footstool intentionally, and actually have a spike of some kind. ^_^

**Havok**

Smash Lord
You'll make me a very happy man if there's a weekly next Sunday. I can has spring break brawling?
THERE WILL be a weekly next week.

<3 you guise.
We love you too fierce.

I forgive you, Fierce.

Also Havok I think I left my remote at your place. Someone used it to start up a system and forgot to return it. >_<
I'll keep out an eye out for it jag =)

It was fun today guys!

Lots of new faces =)

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Rickety made it. I didn't check out his matches though.

Also bbl I have a feeling I'm about to catch the elusive Sleep.

Pheonix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrostboltPhoenix
Havok, do you think i could stop by sometime this week? I want to practice D3 and GnW some more.

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
Can I come too? I'm trying to practice my Link some more. :^P

Actually, I really should develop my Pikachu and Ness some more.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
List of tournaments im looking at:

Super Smash X II Mar 22 (if it gets big enough, otherwise ill go to ranbats)
SCSA 3 mar 28
Quiznos Mar 29
Race's Apr 18
Best of the West June 19
or Devastation (which sounds WAYYYY cooler) CHECK IT
NVGA Brawl Nationals june 27
EVO somewhere in there
Genesis july.

Along with any more Quiznos, prosu's and willyo's

We should have a schedule of all the events in SoCal so we know what to go to.

Smashfest: sometime friday afternoon (im going to that sf4 tourney later that night)

CV 27

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
Man, I'm trying to get on some smash tonight, but fern doesn't feel like going unless there are at least four people. So far it's just me, him, and Truth. :^/

EDIT: If anyone's up for smash in the next hour or so, I'm gonna have my phone number in the topic in IRC for the next hour. I'm not gonna be online, so yeah, just give me a call if you can come. It's like 15 minutes north of havok's house, so call me up for directions.

EDIT: Bah, fern didn't even go, leaving just 3 of us. See you guys friday I guess.

Top Bottom