• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
Heh, Havok I have like five years of IRC experience, but I'm pretty ignorant regarding video capture, and never bothered learning so much as html. I guess I technically count as a tech guy in a very focused (or is it unfocused?) scope. :^P

oh lol I forgot to click "post." /me clicks post

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Lame

@Havok: My friend backed out. He said there's some kind of party he wants to go to tomorrow night and "doesn't want to be home too late". I'm a little irritated, actually. Thanks for offering a spot in the car, though. Kick some *** tomorrow for SD :urg:

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Points2Shop

You guys should check this out. you can get free video game **** and other stuff too. You just have to fill out offers, but you can put bogus info you only have to put real info on the signup thing so they can send you stuff. This really isnt a scam Im serious guy try it out just get something small at first like Xbox live im personally going to save up for an xbox 360....

oh yeah thers games too so if your pro at the games you can get cash fast.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
Havok, if you go solo to Prosu League...I will feel sad :[ So lonely!

But if you do go, better represent! Wish I could make it! XD

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Speaking of which Oats did you forget to make me a banner??? Well if you did forget its ok I did say you can give it to me whenever you had a chance.....
Once Rickety sent me his message I immediately thought of you, dude. I'll get working on it once I get back to his. I did completely forget and that was my bad. But then again, I haven't had an inch of free time until I made free time for myself this week. *yadda yadda yadda stressed out excuses yadda yadda*

Rickety

Peace and Love
Absolutely Curtains

Once Rickety sent me his message I immediately thought of you, dude. I'll get working on it once I get back to his. I did completely forget and that was my bad. But then again, I haven't had an inch of free time until I made free time for myself this week. *yadda yadda yadda stressed out excuses yadda yadda*
Oh no! Oats, I don't want you to get stressed out or overworked on account of little ol' me! Just be happy! I'll make my own banner, don't worry! :]

<3 :] <3 :]

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Lol. I already started on it Rickety (and am half-way done with Dreamhacks.) These things are not stressing me out. School was but yeah, I'm good and happy. Just made time for fun things this week.

EDIT: NEW POWER RANKINGS EVERYONE. Check it out on the blog.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Have a Cigar

Oh snap! I better take this one down then :-P

I was about to make a big post to show it off :-P
But I bet mine is so stinky compared to yours!

<3

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Important Stuff Guys

OMG @ rickety's banner its awesome!

TOURNAMENT REMINDER CVXX6

Ok guys, if we're gonna have melee, 64 AND SF4 then I need your help:

-extension cables/power strips
-MORE tv's and wii's. 5-6 aren't acceptable any more. The faster we finish the main event the faster we can get the side ones going.
-Respective Side event "owners":
Soid = Melee
IzzyPop = Smash 64
Hall/Havok = SF4
**I will need to speak to you at some point or another.

Other stuff:

-I need help next week to clean the garage. Our first saturday Garage Tournament will be on 3/21 so I want that garage semi-squeeky clean! Help me? Plox?
-I'm going to make ANOTHER set of flyers for the Chula's to get more ppl + I have something else in mind...
-Our next La Bella's will be in more or less a month, if not a bit more. Again I'm going to need your help w/ everything when time comes around. Note: This may not mean it's CV30 but a bit later.
-If anyone has a table they can let me borrow to keep here at my house for the weeklies that would be awesome. I'll give it back whenever you ask for it.
-MogX you owe me a tv.

That is all for now.

@ Kyubi: i have your component cables.

LHG

Smash Journeyman
Hm. Wow.

The tournament with side events. Man. Melee and SF4! COME ON. I would go, but there's a concert on Sunday I gotta go to. Keep it up CV you awesomes, I MIGHT want to go to play all of y'all at SF4 and Melee one week. w00t.

Btw, is that garage tourney date correct? That falls on Saturday right? If it's a Saturday... =D

AND RICKETY. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? RANDOMLY POPPING UP and such lol.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Cymbeline

Super-Special Thanks to Oats for his amazing banner!

Sadly, his banner is too pretty for an ugly person like me. :(

But, woo! I will cherish this always :]

And even though i don't think she ever goes on the boards anymore, super-special thanks to Nicky for drawing me the pretty picture in the banner :]

---

Hi LHG! :]

love,
rickety.

P.S.
Burntsocks, The "Adam & Adam" team you were thinking of from that tournament in November 2007 was the team name Bone and I used that day :] We were Adam and Adam (how we chose that name is kinda interesting in itself, but that's another thing altogether), and we played Oria and MogX in the Winners Bracket Finals. Hope that clears things up!

. . .

Oh, by the way...

I am glad to be a part of the Tijuana community. We shall not die!!

<3333

D

Deleted member

Rickety;6870867--- [color=royalblue said:
Hi LHG! :]

love,
rickety.

P.S.
Burntsocks, The "Adam & Adam" team you were thinking of from that tournament in November 2007 was the team name Bone and I used that day :] We were Adam and Adam (how we chose that name is kinda interesting in itself, but that's another thing altogether), and we played Oria and MogX in the Winners Bracket Finals. Hope that clears things up!

[/color]
o yea i remember now :)

Edit: Good **** me for being freaking consistant at staying #8-9 on PR :p
Im goin for 7 next time. Soid and Oats are mine bahaha

UnderWing

Smash Apprentice
o yea i remember now :)

Edit: Good **** me for being freaking consistant at staying #8-9 on PR :p
Im goin for 7 next time. Soid and Oats are mine bahaha
Oh shi-- them's fightin' words! Watch out, guys, this kid's out for blood!

And good **** you for giving yourself a good ****. You win at life for that.

--UnderWing

Awex

Smash Lord
Weee, cokcier Nyjin. *joy* New rankings are accurate I think though. I need to step it the hell up. :p

I will NOT be attending this Sunday, sadly. Plans with the relatives made earlier this week. I am sad to miss out on Rickety's return. =(

Although.. Rick, if you're going to Temecula tomorrow night, give me a text. I might be able to arrange a ride out to mira mesa and we can make something beastly happen =)

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
Oats: I'm gonna stick to my suggestion of dynastynet.net. It may not be perfect, but it's loads better than this. I had gone to the #helpdesk to see about the ping out issues, and one person said it's normal and not as bad as if there's a REAL issue. I don't believe this should be "normal."

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Wow.

I just got back from a local sf4 tourney and it was awesome! I have a friend who's very involved in the Tekken scene that's taking the time to UMPH the sf4 scene in SD (he's in the SD tekken site) and let me say: it's completely different.

Who ever wants to tag along with me next friday for A LOT of SF4 casuals and a small tourney (like 30 ppl in a house lol).

Anyways on another note:

Hello Eclipsedrgn

Tournament Reminder for today lol CV26

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
I hope you guys liked the new power rank. I have to congratulate Nyjin next time i see him.
I have decided to get better in Brawl and actually start practicing brawl, so you guys better get ready!

Bone by the way you did exellent this pass 2 months, you beat a lot of good people, but sadly my system didnt qualify you, because you didnt beat any ranked person, but i think you deserve 6 place, on the rank.

Lest keep it up like that, so we can maintain San Tijuana in a very good competitive level.

D

Deleted member

We should have like 3 panalists so its not all results, thatd be interesting.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
We have 1 1/2. MogX gives me his numbers and I help interpret or leave feedback when I think something is up. As far as this list goes, it's pretty accurate for a vacuum'd setting of San Diego. And panelists just interpret numbers. I personally think too many cooks spoil the soup, and no on ever complains so we must be doing something right.

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
We have 1 1/2. MogX gives me his numbers and I help interpret or leave feedback when I think something is up. As far as this list goes, it's pretty accurate for a vacuum'd setting of San Diego. And panelists just interpret numbers. I personally think too many cooks spoil the soup, and no on ever complains so we must be doing something right.
I think next time I'll be ready to provide a decent feed back, So don't worry about that.
But don't worry guys my Power Rank doenst lie.

D

Deleted member

Naww i have no problems with it, i think its quite accurate. I just wasnt sure if having more would make it more accurate?

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
Naww i have no problems with it, i think its quite accurate. I just wasnt sure if having more would make it more accurate?
Well... accuarate in numbers? or acuarate in some other way? I could provide a feed back for each player, but that will be for the next rank. The reason i haven't done it, it's because of my writting skills. But i getting better, so i will do it.

You could give me a suggestion or tips of how can we improve the PowerRank. Everyone is welcome.

D

Deleted member

O i was thinking not JUST number based, in which case having a few people would help.

Top Bottom