• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuDatz Presentz: ChuDat's dojo - Yellow Belt - Date: June 27th - Odenton, Maryland

Tristan_win

Not dead.
lol i would go, but i dont really know anyone at tourneys. cause im a tourney noob. and i'll feel like a outcast xD

i live in Fairmont WV so thats pretty **** far 3hrs. i hope i can find a way up there.

oh shoot TW is going to this. i'll definitely go to have some epic sheik matches.

*ITS CONFIRMED I HAVE A RIDE*
haha, no I'm not going to this and odds are I work on that day since I didn't ask for it off so I can't even snag a ride if someone were to just happen to be swinging by center VA.

Oh and don't be sharing any secrets with the community now about sheiks built in weakness or combo percentages!

ChuDat

Smash Master
so does this mean that people should watch each others matches and give them tips?
THIS.

Not only this though. People should help each other out, discuss strategies that other people might be unaware of, train each other, ASK QUESTIONS, ect...

Come prepared for this tournament. Train with you friends before you come so you are not relearning the basics while at the tournament.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
coolz... unfortunately i dun think i ca make it :/ the college i used to go to is having there anime con... and sinc ei was part of the anime club i'm going to go to hang with them all and stuff. we can all move the toruny to there :p lolz they are havign a smash toruny

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Wow, Beltsville is VERY close to College Park. I just Mapquested it and I'm around 20 minutes away, around 10 miles. I don't have a car though. Would anyone be willing to swing around and pick me up? I'd help pay for gas.

I'll probably find some way to come to this. There hasn't been a tournament this close to where I live other than the ones I host in a long time.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
hey k-9 are you kprime from aib. just pm me ill be your team mate i wanna see your chars first. lets doubles sometime .. im on wifi basically all the time. if your not kprime thats fine too

ChuDat

Smash Master
I guess a fun 2 hour break should be rewarded after a hard and long day of training. So yes, melee, tvc, brawl+, warioware, mario party, and any other fun games can happen after singles is finished (don't quote me on this though! Lie might want to kick everyone out after its over but I'll talk to him about it).
:bee:

10kanackerz

ChuDat

Smash Master
Could someone bring a recording set-up for this tournament? I would also like to get at least TWO primary commentators for commentating. Can someone bring a Camera as well and take pictures? I'd like to make some sort of montage out of this tournament and/or something interesting, fun, and productive. I would also like to please the public with videos of tournament matches. Is there anyone responsible enough to use their own wii's and put matches online as soon as possible?

I'm sorry if I am asking for too much. These are all just ideas that will be fun, enjoyable, and beneficial for our community. If some people could help out, that would be great.

Whoever helps out will be put in the "Staff" section of our tournament. This might be something you are interested in being a part of. You would gain experience and credibility in your specific field of knowledge.

Positions available include -
Commentators (2)
Should have a high understanding of the game and high usage of vocabulary.

Photographer
Should take pictures at exciting moments of the tournament, pro players, and anything else interesting.

Video Recorder

Should record tournament atmosphere, do interviews, and catch anything exciting.

Journalist

This is for people who like to write. You may jot down notes of the highlights and upsets of the tournament and later create an interesting summary for all of Smashboards to read. Should have a good vocabulary and proper writing skills. May work with Photographer and Video recorder to add more enjoyment and depth to writing.

Tournament Uploader

Should record matches and upload them onto the internet for the public to see and be prompt. A week after the tournament should be a good deadline.

Illustrator

This is for people who like to draw and create art. Should create a banner for this tournament, invitations (GIMR style), or anything else that will make for a creative idea involving your ability to illustrate.

Web Designer

This will be tough and I don't expect much. A basic layout of a web page for the tournament should be created. Should work with the Staff to receive everyones input and information to create the web page.

Vice President
Should help out and follow simple directions when directed. You will be sticking with me most of the time. Should also be able to help manage other Staff members. This position will make you the "boss" when I'm not around. You have final say on tournament rules or anything else that may occur. May direct other staff members. Must be responsible.

Any other positions that come to mind I will post later. For now, these are the main positions that you may apply for.

Members of the Staff will also receive benefits.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
Chudat i have all the following that you can use

-PC Microphone
-Dazzler (no laptop)
-TV 15in.
-Wii & Smash Game
-Photography Camera (Digital Rebel XT) *I'm a Pro photographer, no money yet xD*
-I have Graphic Design skills (typography,cutting cropping, manipulating what ever you need i can, but i cant draw xD, but i can vector which is pretty good too)
-Some people know me in the online community so possibly i could commentate too.

What ever you need i have. Just PM Me, lol im traveling all the way from West Virginia

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I'm not going to this, but I have all that/can do all that pretty much except for the illustrator stuff.

I'll do it at the next Chu Dat Dojo.

Famous

Smash Champion
Lol, journalist? Going all out ain't chu?

Like every tourney, I'm partnerless...Who want's to team if I'm able to make it down?

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Here is a sig/banner

Banner size for OP

if you want a different font or anything let me know.

I am open to suggestions

ChuDat

Smash Master
Chudat i have all the following that you can use

-PC Microphone
-Dazzler (no laptop)
-TV 15in.
-Wii & Smash Game
-Photography Camera (Digital Rebel XT) *I'm a Pro photographer, no money yet xD*
-I have Graphic Design skills (typography,cutting cropping, manipulating what ever you need i can, but i cant draw xD, but i can vector which is pretty good too)
-Some people know me in the online community so possibly i could commentate too.

What ever you need i have. Just PM Me, lol im traveling all the way from West Virginia
Since you have advanced skills in Graphic Design, I'd like to have you as our Illustrator. I will PM you with more details. I will also PM you with your Benefits.. Thanks man.

Oh and also, yeah we could use a Wii&Smash game (please label), T.V, PC Microphone and Dazzler (I will bring my own laptop). You may bring your photography camera if you want. I already have a photographer (Lobos) but you may be one as well. THANKS A LOT!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOBOS - Staff Photographer and Video Recorder.

Can you do interviews? I'll PM you with more information.
TheTantalus - What position would you like to apply for? I recommend "Tournament Uploader" since you upload good quality videos and you are prompt. With whichever position you choose, I will PM you with more details about it. Thanks man.

KORN - LOLZ
LIL B - Staff Commentator (1)

Great Banner! I will post it on the front page for people to use, thanks a lot!

Unfortunately, I believe Crossjeremiah has more experience in the Illustration field so the title of "Illustrator" will be taken by him.
Famous - Want to be the our famous Journalist xD.

I would just like to again thank everyone who is helping! We will have commentary positions available since we'll have a PC microphone =D. so WHO WANTS TO DO COMMENTARY? Can you bring your laptop? This is so we have a specific laptop for recording and commentary. I'll have a commentary table set-up =).

Also, can anyone be a "Tournament Uploader" for this event? If you don't know what this is, read my last post.

Other positions have opened up
These are specific positions for people who want to get PAID. These positions require REAL WORK. You MUST be responsible, prompt, dependable, friendly, and trustworthy. Need money or just want some spending money? Then apply now! (haha I sound like a commercial).

Registrator
Exactly what the name is. You will do registrations. COME 1 hour ahead of schedule!

Tournament Organizer
You will be seeding the bracket according to skill. The majority of this job is RUNNING the tournament. The Vice President and I will be making sure people are playing their matches and helping the Tournament Organizer with anything needed.

More information will be sent by PM

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I think EE should be an automatic commentator.

I could be an Enforcer if you want one (ie get people to play their matches)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'll be coming to this. Anybody wanna team?

Anybody bringing brawl+ setup so we can play after the tournament?

Curio

Smash Cadet
Yeah I'd be a commentator.

Might end up at this because Tant has some driving issues with going to PA I think, we'll see :]

Tristan_win

Not dead.
i need a team. i have a **** good sheik.
It's true, his sheik is **** good. I wouldn't be surprise if he was the best in West Virginia with Sheik.

Oh and Cross I might not be able to come to this one but in the future I'll most likely become a regulator. When that happens we need to do the ultimate combo attack, dual Sheik/Zelda's offline!

The sexiness would be so great that it would make melee Captain falcon shred a tear of happiness from the heavens and make meta knight disappear into the shadows in despair.... Also we would get money for placing, which would be nice.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Introducing our current staff members:

Crossjeremiah
- Graphic Designer and Illustrator

Lil B - Commentator (1)

EEvisu - Commentator (2)

Lobos
- Video Recorder and Photographer

Jcaesar007 - Enforcer

--------------------------------------------------------------

If you are interested in becoming a member of our team, let us know! The staff will receive PMs with more detailed information. Thanks again!

--------------------------------------------------------------

By being a member of the Staff, you will be receiving benefits. I need ideas though so I can reward people for helping me out.

Some ideas that I thought of so far -
1. Staff T-shirts
2. Staff AFTER Parties (Only members of the staff will be allowed to stay after the tournament is finished. We can then order pizza, get some drinks, and just have fun for the next couple of hours.)
3. I can buy breakfast donuts for everyone on Staff.
4. What else?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Chu I can be the T.O. at this tourney. I did the seeding for singles BTYF and always find a way to be involved with the brackets and stuff at each tourney.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
I'll work up ideas and designs for a tshirt, banner, and stuff. Like TV signs or w/e you like, I'll make em supah fancy.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
I have a recording setup, but what program do you use to record commentary? I mean I guess you could technically attach the sound wire of the AV jack to a microphone, but Idk. But yeah, If I go, I can bring a recording setup.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace

minimal

minimal capital (i feel sorry for whoever name is john)

heres something i came up with. if you dont want to go with the abstract look. just tell me. ill create something else.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
By being a member of the Staff, you will be receiving benefits. I need ideas though so I can reward people for helping me out.

Some ideas that I thought of so far -
1. Staff T-shirts
2. Staff AFTER Parties (Only members of the staff will be allowed to stay after the tournament is finished. We can then order pizza, get some drinks, and just have fun for the next couple of hours.)
3. I can buy breakfast donuts for everyone on Staff.
4. What else?
I like the breakfast idea since the tourney is early

Lobos

Smash Master
I can't make in time for teams but I will be here for singles and prolly the end of teams.

Top Bottom