• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Ummm Mizu, they call the day New Years Day... He's not late at all...

@Dull-lol its been so long since i tried to make a texture, I didnt even realize you could do it with brawlbox haha. Im gonna have to make me some textures this week.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I was talkin to chibo about this and i wanted to know what you guys think/do. How does rob get back on stage from the ledge without being punshed severe? Coming from samus i have MANY things i could doto get the foe away from the ledge so i can get back on safe(zair thru stage, retreat fair, sh onto stage with a airdodge buffer UP+B...ect) but with rob it feels impossible. HELP!

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Your options are pretty limited. Aside from your universal/standard get ups:

drop and drift back firing a laser, or gyro, or retreating f-air
drop and jump with a U-air, timing it so you can buffer into whatever (shield/grab)
Stall with up+B to see if they commit to anything & go from there
Drop back from the ledge and up+B up and over the stage, coming down from the top
Drop down and jump+side-B (pretty lame, but... eh, its an option)
Drop down and pivot ur up+B into a B-air
Drop down and up+B past the ledge, holding down to get past it and use an aerial (N-air?) to come up and over them

It might *seem* like a fair amount of stuff, but its contingent upon them guessing, or you guessing.

buenob

Smash Lord
between dropping down / fair, ledge attack, roll, and retreating aerials, there is enough to keep an enemy guessing, but as stated nothing OP

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
ohh.....alright.
Well, who ready to improve ROB for 2010?
What, did they make a breakthrough with model editing? Great, now we can make him suck less!!

Not much. Hope they make a guess and it's wrong instead of just reacting.
This. ROB recovering from the ledge is like a twisted game of rock-paper-scissors. ROB is forced to throw out an option. The only way he can win is if the opponent decided to throw out their option first or at the same time. However, the opponent pretty much always has the option to wait and see what ROB throws out, then it's just a matter of punishment.

others said:
lol

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
How do I break my habit of playing R.O.B. aggro?

(and on a lesser note, using NAir when I should use FAir?)

I like using him but I prefer aggro. Plus he's my best option for Marth. :laugh:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Happy New Years ROBs!

It's midday on January 2nd and I just got home from my New Years "activities" if that says anything :p

buenob

Smash Lord
1) dropkick murphys are so awesome they dropkick everyone in the face, simultaneously (even rob, but he's all like 'SCREW YOU IM A ROBOT' and it doesn't hurt him, then he raises the roof
2) did everyone else get invited to that 'scav fan club' thing? who is that??

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Is that what you did while the rest of our crew was within biking distance and actually playing offline GwJ?

<3
Are you going to pound 4 with a spectator pass or is it just me and ROFL? at this point?

Top Bottom