• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh not that old then. I was expecting like, thirties or someting because thats around the age of the majority of the active UK smashers (the only people who can afford the bull**** travel prices)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Nah, as old as smashers (well, Melee players) are getting nowadays, >30 is still fairly unusual.

toasty, man, how's life?

:phone:

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
G~P, did you ever know The_Doug? [aka Dugasaurus] that dudes my homie [and I think he's 30... I think.]

Brett - life's kinda hectic:
back in school (Spring 2013)
acting/writing (sitcom/sketch comedy) on the side
trying to open a tiny restaurant in a couple months but it looks like it's going to take longer -_-
long distance gf [but only 3 1/2 hours, she's in NoVa]
Melee...in my dreams ;___;

how bout you, dude?

Miss all the Brobots <3

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
G~P, did you ever know The_Doug? [aka Dugasaurus] that dudes my homie [and I think he's 30... I think.]

Brett - life's kinda hectic:
back in school (Spring 2013)
acting/writing (sitcom/sketch comedy) on the side
trying to open a tiny restaurant in a couple months but it looks like it's going to take longer -_-
long distance gf [but only 3 1/2 hours, she's in NoVa]
Melee...in my dreams ;___;

how bout you, dude?

Miss all the Brobots <3
Man, sounds like your life is pretty hectic haha. Seems you have your life goals in your sights though, so that's good.

My life hasn't changed much in the last few years. I work for a different contractor at NASA and make a bit more with a bit better benefits, but I'm still doing pretty much the same thing I've always been doing. I went on a few dates earlier this year, but still no gf. I'm still hosting Project M tourneys, and that at least is getting bigger. Just a week ago I held a Project M/Melee tourney which got nearly 50 people from as far as Ohio and NY (and even Chinesah who now lives in GA). I hold these every other month, maybe you can make it to one? That'd be super awesome. Ride up with Neko.

Edit: I just saw Lindsey Stirling in concert and she was AMAZING!

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
always glad to see toasty.

An update: Im on the mend, so my surgery and all went well and such. So, yeah. Still hurting a good bit at random times. And, if i cough, its OVER. Feels like someone is sticking their hands inside a tiny cut in my belly and ripping it apart. Ick.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
@ G~P - yeah he's a brit :)

So glad that everything went well, Dull! Always a pleasure to see you as well <3 Good luck with the healing process, man! Oh and I missed it earlier, what was the surgery for?

dang JCz that's awesome!! I see that more and more people are enjoying the game and I'm so stoked for the P:M team and the game =D oooh Lindsey Stirling ooooooh

I'll try and come through with Neko some time :) It will be quite a bit later, though, I'm afraid :( but it's not an impossibility! I love me some smash travels :) and of course as long as it's a Melee tourney as well ^_^

Heartstring

Smash Legend
always glad to see toasty.

An update: Im on the mend, so my surgery and all went well and such. So, yeah. Still hurting a good bit at random times. And, if i cough, its OVER. Feels like someone is sticking their hands inside a tiny cut in my belly and ripping it apart. Ick.
I would suggest to avoid coughing :B

@ G~P - yeah he's a brit :)
Nah i never met him. Despite the fact It feels like I've been here forever, I started playing smash for the first time in late 09 (literally, first time i'd ever played smash lol)

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
@JCz, Dude, you've gotta tell me how Lindsey Stirling was. I follow her like mad.

@Dull, I miss you and glad everything went smoothly.

@toasty, keep reppin dat busy life. it can be a bit overwhelming. I've been undergoing it for about a yr and a half now. I hope your restaurant endeavors work out sooner than expected.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Proof!

...more or less.

Yeah she was awesome! She's got a lot of energy on stage, and wow those moves! I'll be honest, I like her videos and her whole persona more than the music itself (though it's certainly not bad). It was good times. I only wish I could've been closer to the stage. Going to concerts is probably my #1 favorite thing to do, and I look forward to when she comes back around this way again.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
If she made more music like Electric Daisy, she'd be blowin' up my iTunes more than she already is.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Just a week ago I held a Project M/Melee tourney which got nearly 50 people from as far as Ohio and NY (and even Chinesah who now lives in GA). I hold these every other month, maybe you can make it to one? That'd be super awesome. Ride up with Neko.
Where and when are these? My friends here at SU are talking about wanting to go to tournaments and I finally got my own copy of P:M last night. Leaning towards maining Lucario.

Edit: I just saw Lindsey Stirling in concert and she was AMAZING!
That's legit.

I have to be a hipster about this though and say that I liked her before she was popular...well, before she was as big as she is now. XP

Glad everything went well, Dull! :D

And Toastyyyy <333

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
@ toasty, thanks bro. It was for a double hernia repair. Pretty standard procedure. I also had a colonoscopy done when I was out (had blood in my stool). Im a bit worried about that, as everytime they touched my colon w/ an implement or camera, it started bleeding. So, Im waiting on biopsy results.

@ GP, Im trying my best not to cough. But, it seems like the rate of me needing to cough (food going down wrong, throat needing cleared) has skyrocketed. Isn't that the way it always goes?

"It only hurts when I move like this, so... Im trying super hard NOT to move like this, but... since I'm trying that hard, it seems like I ALWAYS have to move like this!"

@ Eric: Heavy missing, too! And, thanks. :)

@ JJ, ty man. ^^

I've been practicing up a lot since I've been on the mend, but missed a tourney I wanted to go to bc I wasn't recovered enough to sit in a car, stand.... be awake that long, and might miss another I want to go to that Stingers is hosting this Sat due to funds issues (been out of work almost a month, yet to receive a disability check, le sigh.) Dun know tho.

Somewhat related, I've pretty much gotten down ROBs ISJR using a mix of B-, N-, and F-airs instead of just one repeated aerial over and over. Still working on U-air, and feck using D-air. Shows how bored I've been!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Glad to hear you made it through Dull. Hope the coughing thing and the colon thing get cleared up though. And I hope to see you at another tourney someday!

Where and when are these? My friends here at SU are talking about wanting to go to tournaments and I finally got my own copy of P:M last night. Leaning towards maining Lucario.

That's legit.

I have to be a hipster about this though and say that I liked her before she was popular...well, before she was as big as she is now. XP

Glad everything went well, Dull! :D

And Toastyyyy <333
Oh good call on Lindsey Stirling!

I run the PMS series of tournaments. They're in Baltimore every other month. Are you on facebook? I'll be sure to send you an invitation to the next one.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
@ GP, Im trying my best not to cough. But, it seems like the rate of me needing to cough (food going down wrong, throat needing cleared) has skyrocketed. Isn't that the way it always goes?

"It only hurts when I move like this, so... Im trying super hard NOT to move like this, but... since I'm trying that hard, it seems like I ALWAYS have to move like this!"
That feel

I run the PMS series of tournaments. They're in Baltimore every other month. Are you on facebook? I'll be sure to send you an invitation to the next one.
Speaking of which, J make sure to be on the computer on sunday. Fuzzyness will be streaming P:M live from a tournament in london, And I'll be on commentary for segments :B

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Glad to hear you made it through Dull. Hope the coughing thing and the colon thing get cleared up though. And I hope to see you at another tourney someday!

Oh good call on Lindsey Stirling!

Good ****! Thanks a lot, man. Tis appreciated.

There a thread for the series? I'd look for it myself but I have class in like 15 minutes and Idk whether to go to EC section, P:M section, etc. I'll be showing my friends your channel and the thread if there is one and hopefully we'll be able to work something out.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I make a new thread for each tourney, but here's the most recent one: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=326836

Speaking of which, J make sure to be on the computer on sunday. Fuzzyness will be streaming P:M live from a tournament in london, And I'll be on commentary for segments :B
Unfortunately I'll be at the local Renaissance Festival for most of Sunday, but I'll check out what I can.

:phone:

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
ROB boards i need advice

what should i use my 1000th post for
1) Fake retirement post
2) Calling out all the smashers in your community and telling them you hate them, but be jk about it in spoiler tag.
3) Same as #2, but, no jk.
4) Pronzo
5) A cyber attempt with Vinnie
6) A write-up of your RObbros and how much you love them and why
7) Random wtf pic that leaves everyone pondering the meaning of life
8) #7, but it leaves everyone pondering what the feck is wrong with you.

a few ideas

dettadeus

Smash Lord
1) Fake retirement post
2) Calling out all the smashers in your community and telling them you hate them, but be jk about it in spoiler tag.
3) Same as #2, but, no jk.
4) Pronzo
5) A cyber attempt with Vinnie
6) A write-up of your RObbros and how much you love them and why
7) Random wtf pic that leaves everyone pondering the meaning of life
8) #7, but it leaves everyone pondering what the feck is wrong with you.

a few ideas
i think i could get all of these into one post

might as well give it a shot

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Yeah love liquor. Hate beer.
All beer tastes like beer and that's a bad thing.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I've yet to find an alcoholic beverage that i like drinking. it kinda sucks :L jeigermeister is alright as are green goblins. But nothing thats standard on the pumps tastes any good

Also j. played P:M extensively yesterday, Ike is actually the easiest character in the entire game to pick up

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I used to like Jaegar, but I've kinda grown out of it after drinking almost a whole liter of it in one night... Jaegar bombs are still the best though. Vodka is bad unless mixed to the point where you can barely taste it. Beer is alright, I like Coors out of the domestic beer, but my favorite is Stella Artois.

I've been really enjoying Southern Comfort lately. I've learned the wonders of whiskey. :3

Heartstring

Smash Legend
the issue for me is that i generally dislike the taste of all of it. Plus worknig with it for many years puts you off the taste and everything about it
AND i'm not small. so it takes me a long time to get drunk, infact ive yet to get to the point where I'm actually drunk. I seem to just not be affected, the concept of 'liquid courage' and 'inhibition removal' is completely lost on me
plus I'm poor, I cannot afford to drink much XD

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I used to hate beer at first thb, but its all they offered as drinks anywhere so it grew onto me =P.

Im the same with vodka, it has to be mixed to the point I cant taste it or else it just makes me gag. So nastyz. Jeager bombs <333

dettadeus

Smash Lord
time for my THOUSANDTH POST~~~~~

ok so

going with number 6

shoutouts TO

Bees for being amazing and always willing to help me out, going to tourneys and being fun to be around, letting me crash at his place at Z3, staying a ROBuddy through thick and thin, and for making awesome music
-also for using the same color ROB as me-

JCaes for making P:M R.O.B. super fun to play and having an amazing music pack with Cave Story stuff on smashville

Leisha for being leisha
-and australian-

-double shoutout to jcaes and leisha for the pokemon playthrough ep i got to be in, even though i don't think i ever got to see it-

and to all the other ROBuddies for being ROBuddies [O O]

and why not go with a bit of 7/8 for the heck of it

ponder the meaning of life

now that that's over with

Even once I get to be old enough, I don't think I'll be much of an alcohol person at all. I got to taste a little bit of wine at my bar mitzvah and really didn't like it, and I don't really like the smell of beer and other alcoholic beverages either. I also don't particularly like the idea of not being fully in control of my actions and potentially losing the ability to think rationally.

Root Beer's pretty good though.

Top Bottom