• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Just out of curiosity, who here still plays regular Brawl? I should have a setup within the next few days and I'm gonna want people to Wi-Fi with if possible. More than likely with a new main though. Wanna start fresh. I'll probably get P:M too. Just for you JCz.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I play vBrawl and P:M.

Was gonna join AllIsBrawl the other day but there's some stupid issue with their registration. Keeps telling me I don't have a valid email.

I mostly play Sheik on Wifi, with a bit of R.O.B.
All my other characters require a lot more frame-perfect crap. :/

EDIT: Oh hey it works now. Coolness.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Charizards jab isnt bad wtf. I got like 4 jabs on a row on boss' falcon into Usmash into Uair into Uair into up b and it killed XD

and I still play vBrawl...just got back from a tourney today. beat boss and chu =D lost to logic twice x.x cant figure oli out

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah Zard easily has one of the best jabs in the game. Huge disjointed hitbox, fast, low lag, sets up everything.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I don't like it. I find it slow and bad, but the way I play Melee (and Brawl to an extent) is "oops I ****ed up, time to jab to stop them from punishing me!" Zard's jab doesn't do that for me, so he's meh imo. It's a nice setup option, but it doesn't do what I need jabs to do. I blame Peach for this habit btw.

Though I don't like the way Peach feels in P:M. I'm not sure if it's me still seeing Brawl graphics and thinking I should play her like Brawl, or if she really feels different from Melee.

I'm probably gonna end up playing Fox or Falco in the end... though my Ike and DK are kinda beastly. Oh and Sonic is fun.

Okay well everyone is fun for me minus Link and Ness. I can't enjoy those characters outside of 64. Not really sure why.

Oh and I still play vBrawl, I just play Diddy now. My scene is kinda dead though, since me and Oro were the only ones running tournaments, and I work all the time and he's like disappeared... so yeah. It kinda sucks.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Peach is the only character I play in Melee now because she transfers better than anyone between the games, at least for me.

I think everyone's got a pocket Ike at this point haha. He's super easy and good.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I played Peach in both games before playing P:M, so I think its throwing me off. Idk, seeing Brawl Peach jump that high is so... wrong.

Yeah Ike is ridiculously good.

:phone:

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I played Peach in both games before playing P:M, so I think its throwing me off. Idk, seeing Brawl Peach jump that high is so... wrong.

Yeah Ike is ridiculously good.

:phone:
ditto for me. I love peach in melee and brawl, but cant stand her in P:M XD we play the same chars in every game...me you and stockfield need to start a group.

Sudai

Stuff here
NAir > Jab > Jab > Grab > UTilt > NAir (Hilt) > NAir (tip) > QD Cancel > FAir

True Ike combo..Can't tell you how many times I've pulled that off but I'm still dumbfounded that Ike combos so god damn well. JCz, real talk. Is Ike getting the nerf bat? Understand if you can't say but like you said "Everyone has a pocket Ike." and it's -dumb-. lol

stingers

Smash Obsessed
ike isnt even good! OMG ike doesnt need nerfs x.x maybe remove jump from side b...maybe...cuz having a full stage JC grab or mobility option cuz he can just wavedash out of it is kinda silly...but even with that I dont think hes broken

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Anyone here hyped for E3? I sure am. I'm really hoping to see something good from the Wii U. Also, here's to hoping they remove friend codes from the Nintendo Network, or at the very least, make friend codes far less restricting.

Sudai

Stuff here
RE Ike: I just think it's dumb that he has strong range, power, combos, mobility, and survivability while the only things he has going against him is a predictable recovery, a small bit of lag and not having good escape options. I don't want him hard nerfed cause I don't think he's OP, just a little too strong atm.

That's just an opinion crafted from like a month and a half of playing though. Obviously things will be different in a few months time when they're actually looking at balance issues in the main light.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
ike doesnt need nerfs x.x maybe remove jump from side b
wat? Like that's a minor thing or something...

No one is getting any balance changes for a long time. The metagame needs time to evolve. What seems dumb and op now might end up worthless in a few months. Ike hasn't even won any tourneys yet as far as I've seen. Sheik, Jiggs, Luigi, Fox, Wolf, Ganon, Pikachu, even Ness and Sonic, but no Ike.

Sudai

Stuff here
I'm of the opinion that Ike's actually going to get better with time, but like I said in my last post, this is all just theory craft from a short play time. Like JCz said though, too early to really debate anything.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
uh...because its clearly not minor, thats why its worthy of removal. its pretty obviously a great tool and doesnt really fit with the rest of ikes assets...its just there lol

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well thats just because of how your phrasing it...I was suggesting removing it because it doesnt fit the character at all...its just unnecessary. but even with it he's not broken.

Sudai

Stuff here
stingers, would you want a general buff to him if his QDC was removed then? Because removing QDC severely limits his approach, combo ability, and mobility.

Sudai

Stuff here
So if you think he'd be balanced without something that's clearly really good, you'd agree with him being really strong, right? I'm just asking because before you said he wasn't even good. :x

stingers

Smash Obsessed
no...I don't think hes really strong. Id say hes like mid. maybe top of mid. without the jc he'd be like bottom of mid. I just said it doesn't fit the character at all lol. its like completely contrasting with the rest of ikes gameplay/moves/assets/what have you

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I think ill try and get a project M setup for the melbourne tournament this weekend, I know a couple of other states have been using it and enjoyed it lots. No tournaments for it here yet though.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I honestly don't think a new combo video of ROB has been made since the metagame was first developing. Every time anyone has tried to make one, it all eventually stops. There have been at least 3 attempts that I've seen, but I'm pretty sure there have been more since before I came here.
I plan to whenever I get the equipment. But I'd love to see some 2012 robot.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Sucks that that 2012 robot won't be me. I've been playing with a couple of characters on Wifi and I decided I'm gonna start maining Wario in vBrawl. I'll still have R.OB., of course, but Wario is gonna be my main focus now. :p

I don't lose my ROBro status, do I? XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I've also stopped playing R.O.B Just didn't bring anything to the table anymore

That said, My snake is now fully active and ready to cover bad matchups

Top Bottom