• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I dont have a SNES or a GBA, Nor do i have a 64 or a 3DS

There's only one game i played in my childhood that i REALLY want, and thats crash team racing. Yet it's so rare i can't get a hold of it :(

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
GP, you need to play Yoshi's Island for the SNES (or there's a GBA port if you don't have a SNES).
Easily the best Yoshi game.

Also Star Fox... Only play 64. Or the 3DS remake. Even though Assault is my favorite Star Fox game, yeah it was kinda bad. I really only like now it for the second mission where I get to run around and crush robot bugs in a Landmaster for 10 minutes straight.
The Multiplayer was really good though, IMO. Much better than 64's Arwing-only multiplayer.
64's multiplayer wasn't arwing only...

Agreed with everything else though.

:phone:

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I forgot to mention I got DQ9, I'm not super far in it yet, but I really like it so far.

Out of Star Fox multiplayer games, I think I enjoyed Assault the most. :p

And I don't even know where to start with you two, GP and Saph. I am disappoint.

:phone:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
DQ9 niiiice. Where are you now? You got friends to play through with? The mechanics are great (the pinnacle of the traditional turn-based RPG imo) but the story is kinda meh. I got most of my enjoyment out of that game by playing with friends, especially the fantastic (and nearly infinite) post-game content.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
DQ9 niiiice. Where are you now? You got friends to play through with? The mechanics are great (the pinnacle of the traditional turn-based RPG imo) but the story is kinda meh. I got most of my enjoyment out of that game by playing with friends, especially the fantastic (and nearly infinite) post-game content.
I just did the part of the game where you help the girl who got lost on the way to the city you used to look over, I forget the name, it's been a few weeks since I played.

I don't know if anyone I'm close to has it. Is it possible to play over wifi, or is it with people only? The only person that lives near me that I hang out with frequently doesn't have it.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
We can have them just about any way possible. We mostly put syrup on them and stack them, but we also sometimes put strawberries, bananas, or chocolate on them. We also put blueberries, chocolate chips, strawberries, or other fruits in the pancake mix before making them sometimes. There are also people who fry pancakes.

But yeah. Mostly syrup.

Also, waffles are where it's at.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I thought you always fried pancakes, thats how you make them after all :L

And just so i know, Does lyle's golden syrup exist in america?

Because if it doesnt, I'm flying straight over with hundreds of tins of it for all of you. It's the best thing ever!

And now i KNOW that waffles mean something totalyl different in america, To us, waffles are like chips. but shaped like a # sign. Man, years of confusion there :B

Also, This thread is maknig me really hungry

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, fried. chips to us are fries to you, crisps to us are chips to you, jelly to you is jam to us, jello to you is jelly to us.
This is like apex when i was trying to explain all of these differences to san antonio. you guys deviated from the language too much man :)

Sudai

Stuff here
It's just because of all the immigrants back in the early days. Lucky for you some people know these things already.

I like to call English and American English two different languages so I can claim to be bilingual.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Well, i know all the americanisms and use them on forums. but i will slip up, as you just saw XD

Although i've come to change any 'you jelly' sayings into 'you jam' because only the english will understand :B

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Yep, it does. It can be found in both Walmart and Amazon.com, but that's about it. It looks crazy expensive so I'd assume most people here don't buy it. But if it's so good, it must be worth it. XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
It's not expensive, you use it in the same way you would use maple syrup. but it's infinitely better. buy a tin of it instantly because its amazing
Also put it in your sammich because it makes for a great sammich
Actually someone try this for me, because nutella isnt sold here
Make a sammich, put nutella on one slice, and golden syrup on the other slice, put it together and eat, tell me results!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
also. the last story is finally coming america. theres still hope for NoA after all
****in yayay! I'll probably have already beaten it at least twice by the time it comes to America though. It comes out in Europe in 2 days. Soooo hyped.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Got the PlayStation Vita about an hour and a half ago. And now here comes my mini-review:

-The touch controls are very nice. The fact that they are the only controls available outside of games is not. You can't use any of the face-buttons or the control sticks in the browser, maps, system settings, nothing. I don't like this at all. I find it convenient to be able to cancel with the circle button or select with the X or things like that, but now it doesn't do that.
-Display is gorgeous. Cameras are very nice. Placement of the face camera is irksome because you can't look at the screen and the camera at the same time, like you can with the 3DS.
-Tutorials are fun and challenging. I might have to play the skateboarding one a lot until a legit game comes out that I want.
-Memory Cards are highway robbery. It's 25 bucks for a 4GB card. 4GB flashdrives cost 7 bucks nowadays. 4GB SD cards are like 15 at most. Ended up getting the 35 dollar 8GB card because I'd rather get double the storage for an extra ten bucks while not quite getting robbed of all my money.
-Incompatibility with PSP games sucks. I know they had to cut corners somewhere, but the fact that I have to keep my PSP-3000 to play games like Dissidia and Project: Miku seems stupid. They should figure out a way to allow redownload of games that you already own onto a PSV so you don't need both systems to play all your games and you don't need to spend another 20 bucks on re-buying the game.
-They have an anime section in the PlayStation Store. AN ANIME SECTION. WITH LIKE ALMOST EVERY ANIME I'VE SEEN/HEARD OF DUBBED. Granted, it's 2 bucks an episode and they're dubbed, but a cool fact nonetheless. I could probably just put my own anime onto the memory card though. :p
-The launch titles list, while not as abysmal as the 3DS list was a year ago, is still pretty bad for the US and other territories outside of Japan. Well over half the games already out in Japan have another couple months before they're released elsewhere, while the system came out two weeks after the Japanese release. I WANT MY GRAVITY RUSH GODDANGIT.

Thus concludes my mini-review.

Anyone else get it?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
2 bucks an episode? smh...people wont spend $52 (average of 26 episode season) to watch these things these days when they can get it for free online. when will they learn...

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
It's not expensive, you use it in the same way you would use maple syrup. but it's infinitely better. buy a tin of it instantly because its amazing
Also put it in your sammich because it makes for a great sammich
Actually someone try this for me, because nutella isnt sold here
Make a sammich, put nutella on one slice, and golden syrup on the other slice, put it together and eat, tell me results!
I'd totally do that, but the truth is I'm getting away from as much refined sugar as I can and sticking with more organic/low refined sugar when I can. That said, I won't be buying nutella anymore nor can I try golden syrup. :x There are ways I can make homemade nutella though so I won't really be giving that up completely. XD

Sounds like another device I won't be getting. :[

**** sony moving away from reverse comparability and edging into nickle+ dimming people.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah, reverse compatibility is always one of the most important things to me when looking at a new system. It just baffles me why they cut it out when it's like $10 worth of hardware tops by the time a new system comes out.

Don't lose or sell you Wii btw. New Wiis are no longer backwards compatible.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I got a GameCube anyways so it wouldn't matter that much. :3

This local game store has a deal where you can buy a used GameCube with all required cords (and a free optional upgrade to a video cord with the normal outputs and a split S-Video output) and it comes with a GameCube controller. For 25 bucks.
Controllers on their own are usually like 20 bucks. So I scored a GameCube for 5 bucks.
It was pretty awesome.

Also holy crap the video quality on the PSV is amazing. Watching the Angel Beats opening in 720p on it and it looks beautiful.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I got a GameCube anyways so it wouldn't matter that much. :3

This local game store has a deal where you can buy a used GameCube with all required cords (and a free optional upgrade to a video cord with the normal outputs and a split S-Video output) and it comes with a GameCube controller. For 25 bucks.
Controllers on their own are usually like 20 bucks. So I scored a GameCube for 5 bucks.
It was pretty awesome.

Also holy crap the video quality on the PSV is amazing. Watching the Angel Beats opening in 720p on it and it looks beautiful.
What a good show.

Nintindeo: Most consistently backwards compatible. Has the longest lasting systems.
Trufax. My SNES still works great, and it was the first system I ever owned.

Edit: Just found this, pretty cool imo.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
tut saph, john harder :B

That said, someone needs to make a golden syrup/nutella sammich
I think ill get my cousin to send a jar of it over, ill do it then

Also guys. Today I'm commentating on an overhyped scrub money match. The ivdeo will be up in a few days though!

Top Bottom