• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
thats $4 per gallon, right?

Did i never tell you guys what it is in the UK?
It's so cheap in america, i wish i lived there if only for the cheap fuel

It equates to $12 per gallon in england, by the way

Sudai

Stuff here
thats $4 per gallon, right?

Did i never tell you guys what it is in the UK?
It's so cheap in america, i wish i lived there if only for the cheap fuel

It equates to $12 per gallon in england, by the way
It has to do with a lot of things though. Like the UK charges more in taxes on gassoline if I remember correctly. There's also a bigger drive to get people on public transport. There were a bunch of reasons that it was so much higher, but most of it came down to how hard the UK taxed gas compared to the US if I remember right.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
euros...
England works of pounds sterling darling :)

And the reason it costs so much here is because we dont go hunting for oil as much as america does. tax works off percentage after all. so it would still need to be very high originally for the tax to be an issue. As for public transport, that was what they said. But it's a cop-out, if it was true, then they might actually have a bus or something coming to my country. no public transport whatsoever

Sudai

Stuff here
Not all taxes function as a percentage. Wish I could find the article I was talking about but yeah, more than half the difference was covered by taxes.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
euros...
England works of pounds sterling darling :)

And the reason it costs so much here is because we dont go hunting for oil as much as america does. tax works off percentage after all. so it would still need to be very high originally for the tax to be an issue. As for public transport, that was what they said. But it's a cop-out, if it was true, then they might actually have a bus or something coming to my country. no public transport whatsoever
Shh, I knew that. It was early when I said that. I obv meant pounds.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
trust sudai, after working on it personally (most icky smelly job ive ever done) i can tell you a large portion is covered by tax, but not that big (17.5%)

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Sometimes I get annoyed at how people can just not do their research and say R.O.B. was only added for the story and would probably be cut in SSB4.

Sometimes I make long-winded posts about why R.O.B. was made and added and what he actually did.

[O O]

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
kentucky just got ***** by a tornado. doesnt happen here often.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
My friend was driving from Nashville to Chicago to come home for spring break, and almost got hit by a tornado that crossed over I-65. He said it was literally a mile behind him on the highway, he could see it in his rearview mirror. The same tornado hit a city not too far off and killed like 6 people. Pretty scary stuff. Hope everything's okay by you, Eric.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Damn that's crazy. As scary as tornadoes are though, I'd really like to see one in person. They are absolutely fascinating to me.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Tornadoes dont exist in england, I'm fairly sure i should be thankful for our massively boring weather
Hope you're all good eric

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
well what's funny is, me and the gf are like,
"yeah a tornado is only like 15 min away, let's go get subway. one final good meal"
so we went 5 min away to get a sub.
we get there and all the workers are college girls. they are freaking the eff out, they have their radio blasting for any future alerts, and one of them wouldn't give my gf her white macadamia (sp)nut cookie because she was nervously texting her friends and freaking out.

we get back home and begin eating. then i could hear the wind blowing recklessly outside. sounded somewhat like a whistling noise too. so I told Asa that we should go into the bathroom and wait it out. we head to the bathroom to find my roomie's gf freaking out in the hallway, looking out a bedroom window through an open bedroom door. my roomie is in the bathroom doing a twosie. I'm yelling at him to let me in. I don't think he realized how serious it had gotten out side; of course he didn't he was dealing with a storm of his own. then the power goes out. roomie is like "ahh great" i'm like "open the fuqing door!" and he doesn't...he continues his sacred twosie. as soon as the storm rolls over, he flushes. i could've killed him.
turned out, right down the block, a couple houses had gotten partly blown off in some areas, and these were pretty strong looking houses.

tl;dr
don't poop during a tornado. it could kill others around you, and you'll look pretty stupid when the tornado catches you with your pants down.

p.s. im ok

Zwarm

Smash Hero
In other news...

I'm getting beast at Soul Calibur 5. Also, apparently a friend of mine played a game of HoN with Skrillex of all people. Weird.
PS3 or 360? If PS3, we should play sometime. And that's quite random.

Eric, that's one of those stories that's hilarious afterward, but probably scared the **** out of you while it was happening.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I don't actually own it, Zwarm. I play it at the SWAGG Venue since I know all the guys who own the place and they enjoy the competition I bring. It's 360 version anyway.

Top Bottom