• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Thx T0mmy, I know we're cool but I'm more meaning other ppl not ROBs on here joking around. Seriously the last three tournaments in a row (pretty much ever since Apex) I have a entire crowd of people rooting against me no matter who my opponent is.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I need to stop missing conversations.

No one hates Chibo, we just like pulling his chain.
No one dislikes Chibo personally. That's not what this conversation was about. He mentioned that he gets rooted against a lot while he's playing. My point was that people dislike his playstyle and that is why people root against him. It doesn't really matter how good someone is, it's the playstyle.

I mean, play to win of course, but be prepared to deal with people rooting against you if you use a campy/gay playstyle. It's going to happen.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Says the guy who loses to people I freaking 3-stock.
lol, good one.
I also say wins > losses.

inb4 "says the guy who beat Felix."

Edit: Oh, I get the point, and yeah, I can see it. So if you're playing gay make sure you get a lot of your friends to cheer for you, or just don't get bothered by the cheers against you. I used to get distracted with people talking behind me a long time ago.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I don't really "play gay," it's more of a joke or misconception, and yet other people who do time outs faaaaar worse than me get cheered for
It's not just people rooting against me, the stuff gets personal and it's like people that hate me and want me to lose to matter my opponent.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
I cheered for you Chibo, but yeah i was thinking how you play with so many people rooting against you. I was like wow this dude is good at keeping his head cool.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Grabbing the ledge once every 13 seconds on avg is hardly playing gay, even tho i kno you're more or less joking lol. Wario running away from me on a moving platform for the entire match is much worse

Teh Future

Smash Master
um grabbing the edge every 13 seconds pretty much does = playing gay. but if someone can't stop a ROB planking then they should loose lmao.

anyways east coast is dumb trash talk is fun but everyone there takes it way overboard

Heartstring

Smash Legend
dunno, the worls seem to have something against r.o.b, he came second last in the popularity poll in the gameFAQ brawl poll (G&W being last), the smash scenes in both europe and america seems to dislike him, why cant they see our cuddly little robot as he is?

T0MMY

Smash Master
Playing gay isn't a bad thing, it's just got a bad connotation associated with it.
I'm totally against the LGL, I agree if the Wario couldn't do something about it he doesn't deserve a win awarded to him, and chances are he DIDN'T try to stop you from staying in an advantageous position.

Maybe if we cried enough when Wario approaches we can have a close-distance limit.
"REF, REF! He's getting too close to me, my Lasers and Gyros aren't as useful at this distance!"

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I don't like Teh Future very much. :mad:

Whatevs, I faced what Chibo faces all the time at my first touney where I was some random ROB main who took down the guy that won the whole tourney and beat everyone in friendlies.

Haters gonna hate

@T0mmy - Lasers and gyros are ALWAYS useful. He lasers his own gyro and turns it into a beef gyro with sour creme.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i dunno, i find ANY kind of atmosphere helps, if theyre cheering for me, great, im loved! if theyre against me, well imma shut them up.
the only person that cna put me down is me...which happens a lot actually TT_TT

anyway, point is these ****ty rules are in place, and we cant do much about it other than complain,but suck it pu for now, itll be removed soon enough in place of some other ******** rule XD

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Heeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddacccccccccccccccccccccchhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeee! =[

Top Bottom