• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
That's because even though they all look ******** in 64, they move very fluidly.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
I like all games :) if I had a least favourite it'd be 64 just because its lack of variety.

EDIT: Someone help me think of an arguement to get these guys to play on other maps. I tried explaining that FD isn't necessarily the "fairest" map, but its hard to explain to players who speak scrub.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Tell them Rainbow Cruise is more fair and give them a BS reason that they wouldn't understand.

Ruse

Fox
But I do have decent tourney placings >__>
Also Ive been practicing that infinite its pretttty easy :O
Shiek for high teir
Err. If you say so, Dead. Going to major tourneys and making it out of pools isn't that difficult, no offense. The only reason I haven't been to the larger Florida tourneys is the ridiculous drive and lack of housing. Expect me at the next Tally tournament, as well (if it ever happens!).

Er, we have Reflex, Kismet, and Big Lou at ever majorish tournament. While I'll admit the competition is easier than Florida, while in Florida I took a game off of Seibrik in our set(Second round Tally tourney), almost beat Co18's D3(Got him first round gigs). I'd like to point out that while maybe GA doesn't have that difficult a scene, (you know, despite haveing Kismet, Reflex and BigLou) I don't think NC necessarily does either. That being said Stingerz is still a beast, I only point it out because I don't follow your logic.
I've never gotten to play Seibrik or CO18 :(. I feel like Stingerz is the best Atlantic South ROB because I've watched a good amount of his videos and think that his playstyle is pretty solid. Like I said, though, I'm going to start going to tournaments (again... but bigger ones this time), so I'll see if I can back up all of my talk.

Niiiice sig Ruse.
Agreed.

If there's a Brawl scene in Georgia that I have to make put forth very little effort to be a part of, then soon I'll be on that list :)

But for now I'm getting into Brawl+ and still play Melee when I can
GA and AL have decent scenes.

When are you moving to GA?

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
I've never gotten to play Seibrik or CO18 :(. I feel like Stingerz is the best Atlantic South ROB because I've watched a good amount of his videos and think that his playstyle is pretty solid. Like I said, though, I'm going to start going to tournaments (again... but bigger ones this time), so I'll see if I can back up all of my talk.
Eh, I can respect that. There's no good vids of me up except mine against Desu recently. I do like those videos though.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I'm moving to GA on Tuesday.

Exciting stuff.

But I've got a LOT of work ahead of me as I'm only moving there because I just bought a business so I gotta get acclimated to the way the business is run by the current owner AND I gotta take care of auto/health insurance, registration, etc etc etc...oh and that little part about shopping for a house >_>

So...we'll see about when my free time actually starts XD

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord

Exciting stuff.

But I've got a LOT of work ahead of me as I'm only moving there because I just bought a business so I gotta get acclimated to the way the business is run by the current owner AND I gotta take care of auto/health insurance, registration, etc etc etc...oh and that little part about shopping for a house >_>

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Toasty toast cant leave MD/VA .

10kanackers

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7

Exciting stuff.

I feel ya. I've been doing some lots of work on opening my own business with some friends since like Dec. Sniz is hard, son. :|

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey Dull, have you checked your notifications lately? And if so, get to talkin! We need some life!!!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Toasty toast cant leave MD/VA .

10kanackers
Real Life n**...real life.

<3

I think I've been to more MD/VA tourneys than you.

For shame.

edit: good luck with your venture, Dull! It's hard work but it really will pay off in the end...or whenever your loans get paid off, THEN it's like WOOOOOOOOOOO ZOMG $$$$

And then you expand and do it all over again =D

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
good luck with your business, dull. advertising, right?

why do people call me stingerz? XD

'prec. Ya, my degree is in marketing... but, Im looking with my friends to open up a music venue/bar in Hickory. My friends and I have different specialties that would make it go pretty good. We've been doing market research, looking for locations, and all this other stuff.

Ruse

Fox
"ZOM~B said:
Eh, I can respect that. There's no good vids of me up except mine against Desu recently. I do like those videos though.
Yeah, you could totally be better than I give you credit for, though, don't get me wrong. You should make it down to LasT 3 or Bi4C.

I'm going to be trying to make it out to some GA tournaments, so if you're still active when you move we'll have to get some dittos in.

1000th post.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
HICKORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I'll definitely go! XD

You have to let me host smash tournaments there, dude.

The major problem with Hickory is we have no clubs. We have some bars, but no clubs.

If you opened up a nice club in Hickory, I swear to god people will go.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
HICKORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I'll definitely go! XD

You have to let me host smash tournaments there, dude.

The major problem with Hickory is we have no clubs. We have some bars, but no clubs.

If you opened up a nice club in Hickory, I swear to god people will go.

Nope. Through the research we've done thus far (literally... 6,000+ surveys of people over 21) they greatly prefer a bar which is targeted to the 21-30 age range over a club. The bars in hickory are all targeted to people like... 35+. The 21-30 yo crowd goes there, simply bc there's nowhere else to go.

Also, there is NO reasonable place for live music. Which, is what the main draw of this is going to be. Think of... like... Amos' in Charlotte.

Also, clubs are a no-go. They will do fine for 2-3 years, until the new wears off... and then they get old. Most of the successful clubs are located in either HUGE cities, or college-towns. Huge cities: you have enough people available for like... EVERYONE to go there once, and still keep you in business for years. College towns: you get 2,000 clientele every year, replacing your old clientele that may not come as regularly anymore. Hickory is neither of these cities. LoL

Smash tourneys? in a bar/music venue? roflcopter. <presses side B on his GC controller>

stingers

Smash Obsessed
dull you're so lame D:. You obviously know what you're doing though, so meh. And very true, most bars in hickory are...old people bars. :/

and you can host a smash tourney anywhere. if you havent learned that, you've learned nothing at all.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
if you own a business that can make x amount of dollars and that business if the livelihood of you and potentially others, and then venture to host an event that will draw in a significantly smaller sum of money simply due to the nature of the event (I know, I've tried hosting a tourney at a bar >_> it sucks.), business-wise you're not making a very practical decision.

But yeah I'll chime in: bar is definitely the better choice given the circumstances.

Ruse

Fox
If only Smash was a "cool" thing in our society.

And if disputes of manliness were settled over who was better at Smash.

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
how about a gimmick that includes smash, kinda like that thing back in grade school "guess how many jelly beans are in my jar!" that involves in beating the owner at that bar/club/venue place at a game of smash

Deadweight

Smash Ace
Err. If you say so, Dead. Going to major tourneys and making it out of pools isn't that difficult, no offense. The only reason I haven't been to the larger Florida tourneys is the ridiculous drive and lack of housing. Expect me at the next Tally tournament, as well (if it ever happens!).
Tell that to the other 90 people who didnt make it out of pools :p.
Tally tourneys are probably on hold till August -> Cause everyone went home for the summer,
You should come to Fast 1.5 (FL gaming) I can house ya :p NO JOHNS

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
if you own a business that can make x amount of dollars and that business if the livelihood of you and potentially others, and then venture to host an event that will draw in a significantly smaller sum of money simply due to the nature of the event (I know, I've tried hosting a tourney at a bar >_> it sucks.), business-wise you're not making a very practical decision.

But yeah I'll chime in: bar is definitely the better choice given the circumstances.
This.

Smash: Venue could hold probably 400 people. With set-ups, probably 200. 10$ door fee = 2,000+ food =??

Regular night: 5$ cover for 400 people= 2,000 + food + alcohol= > Smash lol. Ya, i wouldnt have to pay bouncers (waittresses/bartenders work off tips, so their pay is negligible) or suffer the cost of goods sold (but alcohol is obscenely overpriced. 6$ mixed drinks using 45 cents worth of alcohol)

The correct business decision is clear.

Plus, it would wreck the place's image. Although, it could theoretically "sponsor" a tournament in the area, and then draw trhe 21+ crowd to it after the tourney venue closes or something.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
when I ran the bar tourney, we had to be out by 6 PM [it was singles only, but still] because minors can't be in there when it opens or the bar gets hit with heavy fines and possible loss of license.

So yeah, the only real choice for that is to run a singles tourney during the day :)

no bartenders or bouncers required...unless...the bar is usually open during the day >_>

Ruse

Fox
Tell that to the other 90 people who didnt make it out of pools :p.
Tally tourneys are probably on hold till August -> Cause everyone went home for the summer,
You should come to Fast 1.5 (FL gaming) I can house ya :p NO JOHNS
That's lame.

When is Fast? I'm going to LasT 3 next weekend, which is going to be ~100 people, and I'm going to try to make it top 10.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Me and some friends, Camalange, Lawz, ROFL?, and Darth Waffles are probably gonna be hosting two tournaments this summer in July and August, I just wanted to see if anyone would be going, but since you play Brawl+, I doubt you'd want to go.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
"Use the boost to get through!"

In other words, use your Robo Booster or w/e the hell its called to fly your robotic buttocks over here :D

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm really interested in going to HERB2 since toasty said he might go. All ROBs should go to HERB2.

Now if they just have some Brawl+ there...

Top Bottom