• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Hyro got 2nd seed. Chibo still got beat out :(

Awesome job, stingers. Wreck ****.

Other ROBros.... step it up!

not that I woulda made it outta pools anyway...

Any word on the RRR?

Hyro's still pretty legit. Or at least that's what I hear.

I keep my ROB......on my TV furniture-thingy. I'm not a sadistic mechanophile like OS. Just a mechanophile.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Chibo lost to a Snake in 2nd round pools that I 2-0'd in my first round of pools.

Get wrecked.

On another note, like may to come, I'm maining Metaknight if I'm going to continue to keep playing vBrawl. ROB isn't working. I lost to a Mk who hasn't been to a tournament in a year, didn't know how to stage strike, and I also lost to a Pokemon Trainer who is notorious in our region for placing poorly. <3 him though, he's cool.

Plus is fun, so is Brawl-. Special ROB shoutouts later.

I can't wait for Project M beta to be released. *drool* at Snake wavedashing. It'll make up for me not being able to Snakedash. XD

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Just got home. I have a splitting headache and I really want to just die right now. Greatest tournament ever. And I think I was officially the highest placing ROB at Pound 4 if you include all events :p

Oh btw Sudai, Lee said I remind him of you. I told him that we finish each other's thoughts on a regular basis ^_^

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Vex: 0-2
Jash: 0-2
MPD: 2-0
BlackG: 1-2
Aposl: 0-2

I picked a terrible time to have my worst performance at a tournament. I got 3 stocked by Jash, Vex beat me with Ganon, BlackG is a Mk so **** him, and I got gayed vs Aposl in first game, so I didn't give a **** 2nd game. MPD is cool a guy, but I'm better than him and should've made it out over him. I lost to too many people that I'm better than as far as skill goes, and R.O.B. ****ed me over. :(

/rant

Also, guys, don't forget to post your results in the PR thread. We're going to start discussion on the next PR this week, probably Thursday. Sudai, can I make a new thread for discussion or would you prefer the discussion to happen in the thread itself?

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Well, let me rephrase the question then.

Will I get infracted/the thread locked if I made it for discussion rather than using the current thread? XD

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ok, well I got ultra-screwed from round 1 pools and got 3rd seed when I should have gotten 1st seed which gave me a ridiculous pool for round 2 that I couldn't make it out of.

However...

Between tourney and MM the big names I beat were

Pyronic~Star, Dekar, Will, and Seibrik

:)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ninjalink used an ok amount of rob from what i caught every now and then. the guys a mixed bag lol. buncha pikachu, rob, diddy, ICs, even lucas

my first round pool was a 3 way tie for 1st place between me PS and drk pch, it was the only time iv ever lost to drkpch :/
our set records were all 4-1, me and ps had 9 wins and drkpch had 8, ps and drk had 3 losses and i had 4

normally the spit would be determined (afaik) by first breaking the 3 way tie by eliminating one of the 3 following criteria:
sets
head2head
wins
losses
sets is tied, h2h is tied, as for wins though me and ps both had more meaning drk shoulda been 3.
then down to me and ps, sets tied, head2head i won, i shoulda been first seed

instead, plank uses the criteria
sets
head2head
win/loss ratio (iv seriously never heard of this before, its the # of wins divided by the # of losses)

further more he says, in the case of a 3 way tie sets and head2head r completely out of it in terms of breaking it, and its solely done on win loss ratio.
PS had the best ratio of 9/3 but then drk's ratio of 8/3 was better than my 9/4, so even though i won more matches than he did, his ratio was like .1 better than mine or something.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
My Pound 4 experience was an emotional rollercoaster...

pre-pool:
Inui
Sanoscy
Oh
Wango
Famous
Myself

Apparenty Inui got DQ'd. YAY! So, we're down to the above... sans Inui. YAY!
DMBrandon gets randomly added to our pool. Boo!
Delta (a lucario, not the yoshi) gets added to our pool. Urgh.
We went from five to seven.

Won vs Wango (jigglypuff) 2-1. I did induce a ragequit from him though in the third game.
Won against Oh. 2-1 (he went falco instead of yoshi and tried to laser camp me to oblivion)
Won vs Delta 2-0
Lost vs Sanoscy 0-2 Sanoscy is so legit. He took DM to game three, and was working him over, but got hit by the claw on Halberd after finishing a combo. DM takes over, Sanoscy gets momentum back. DM tries a desperation dimensional cape and wins.
Lost vs DMBrandom 0-2

Here's where things get interesting:

Famous disappears for awhile... like, almost an hour I think. Oh and I (as we were the two closest to making it out & hadnt played famous) asked tant to just call him to the pool. Tant DQs him. Literally... 10 mins later I see Famous, and he was actually playing a pools match vs Sanoscy on a diff. tv. I felt horrible, as that's a bad way to go out. So, I went with him to talk to tant and got him back in.

Lost to famous 1-2; I went 1-1 with his luigi. Was wrecking his DDD and simply CHOKED. No other way to put it. CHOKED. Mistimed a U-smash that would have given me a solid enough lead to time him out (there was only a minute left). I got hit with the down part of his up+B, got edgeguarded, and U-tilted shortly thereafter.

I think we tied in sets but he had the head to head and so he got in.

outside of pools some notable things:

beat buenob 3-1
beat L_Cancel (Olimar player, #9 or 10 on the MI PR, came one game away from making it bracket) 3-2 in a MM.

Random friendlies notes: Wrecked Dark peach on SV, lost on BF, and then I asked to keep playing on BF for some exp & split.

Also beat a super duper sandbagging stingers in dittos, and then got molested by his MK. (Seriously, his MK is goooood). I know some of this is irrelevant, but... just wanted to relay my pound experience. :)

Unfortunately, I didn't get to play JJ. :(

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Daaang, death pools sound nasty, makes me wish even more that I would have dished out the $ to go.

I hear L_Cancels legit, have yet to play him though.

I'm loving the Pound stories, keep 'em coming, I watched livestream for hours, that power outage sucked.

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
Also beat a super duper sandbagging stingers in dittos, and then got molested by his MK. (Seriously, his MK is goooood). I know some of this is irrelevant, but... just wanted to relay my pound experience. :)

Unfortunately, I didn't get to play JJ. :(
I wanted to get in some ROB dittos but you left as soon as i went to play you and Bunob. *sadface*

Also what happend to the peach v rob crew battle ?

10kanackers

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
oh hey chibo i beat az for you ;)
Good job, it was a great set.

The batch of friendlies we had were awesome. I wish I saved more replays than the ones I landed a couple awesome combos for my next combo vid since I was able to snag the replays lol. That was funny when NL saw my glide toss usmash and thought I stole it from him :p

The video of me v will, stingers v az, and me v az are all up on my utube channel now. me v PS and dekar are coming soon. seibrik MM wasnt done a inf replay wii :/

stingers

Smash Obsessed
oh nagace i 2-0ed will in a mm too (i guess chibo did as well). rob still wins the matchup

and yeah chibo our friendlies were too good :)

Sudai

Stuff here
So, I went to watch Stingers play AZ since I had never seen a video of Stingers or AZ...about 30 seconds in, I remembered why I never watch Brawl vids....lol

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Check out the top 10 for Brawl.

chuckle chuckle

Actually just for funsies, here are the Brawl and Brawl+ top 10 side by side. Enjoy.

Brawl
1: ADHD (Diddy)
2: Mew2King (Metaknight)
3: Ally (Snake/Metaknight)
4: KSizzle (Metaknight/Lucario)
5: Shadow_111 (Metaknight)
5: Judge (Metaknight)
7: Havok (Metaknight)
7: Logic (Olimar)
9: Lee Martin (Metaknight)
9: Seibrik (Metaknight)
9: Ninjalink (Diddy)
9: Lain (Ice Climbers)

Brawl+
1: Ally (Wario, Snake)
2: Lee Martin (Lucario)
3: dapuffster (Jiggs)
4: Glick (Jiggs, DDD)
5: Chu (Kirby)
5: Slikvik (Wario, Peach, G&W)
7: Hyro (Toon Link)
7: K-sizzle (Lucario, Metaknight)
9: Shadow (Wario, Metaknight)
9: JCaesar (ROB, Wolf)
9: Chad (Pikachu?)
9: Dazwa (Pit, ZSS)

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
oh nagace i 2-0ed will in a mm too (i guess chibo did as well). rob still wins the matchup

and yeah chibo our friendlies were too good :)
ah well good job then. i never said rob loser the MU just that its not some huge advantage for rob like i said its a 55-45 imo

Overswarm

is laughing at you
GUYS! Don't ban Metaknight! You just want him banned because he beats your character!

*shakes fist at the entirety of smashboards*

Just imagine what it could have been like sans MK :(

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i have watched some video of me playing and i have recognized many of my flaws in how i play rob now what i need to do is figure out how to train myself to correct these flaws anyone have any ideas how to do this without falling into other bad habits?

Sudai

Stuff here
i have watched some video of me playing and i have recognized many of my flaws in how i play rob now what i need to do is figure out how to train myself to correct these flaws anyone have any ideas how to do this without falling into other bad habits?
My first break from Brawl did this for me, as did each of my breaks from Melee. I wouldn't recommend taking long breaks from melee due to tech skill, though. Before my first break from Brawl, I was average and had a lot of bad habits. Took a break, came back, bam, I was so much better. I had everything I had before except my bad habits. That's probably the best way possible to get rid of bad habits. If you don't want to stop playing, though, pick up a new character for a while, hell, play random for a while. It'll give you insights into new characters and help your ROB out by getting rid of bad habits.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm just gonna go ahead and come out and say it:

Overswarm is a freaking trendsetter.

Top Bottom