• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

buenob

Smash Lord
lol me and Tin fialed it up at our tourney this weekend... to be fair, it was a decent turnout, but man we played poorly after pools lol (though tin went olimar agains me that ****)

seriously though, I suck vs. tornado... is there a post with which moves beat it from different angles? i'm finding the last part of nair won't beat it from the top, but the first part will, same with bair (if it's disjoint it won't, but if it's in their face it will)... fail knowledge is fail :(

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Jcaesar!!!

BRING MY MICROWAVE NEXT WEEK PLZ!!!

You'll be breaking so many hearts if you dont XD

<3<3<3 THANK YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! [free nachos for you, obv!!]
I have your microwave? o_O

Don't hotels usually have microwaves in the room? Or do you want one for the venue? I think Bandit may have a spare I can borrow, but I can't take the one from my house.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
na trick ask stingers bout my mk matchup lol

I'm callin it now, making 1st seed into pools then loosing to a snake in winners and ddd in losers. not sure which matches I'll win on brak
This is the 2nd post I've seen you talk like a stereotypical black person. Stop it. <3

Aside from that, you think you can beat P~S? I think you can handle Dark Pch and Poyo.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Stingers, when did you beat Logic? [tryin to get into the habit of callin him that XD]

I have too but that was a long time ago

but yeah if you beat him any time recently, that's awesome...he's hella good!

Good luck Chibo =D

JCz - dude you totally got me that one time, btw, when you "summoned" me...but I PMed you instead so I wouldn't out myself XD

Tin Man

Smash Hero
lol me and Tin fialed it up at our tourney this weekend... to be fair, it was a decent turnout, but man we played poorly after pools lol (though tin went olimar agains me that ****)

seriously though, I suck vs. tornado... is there a post with which moves beat it from different angles? i'm finding the last part of nair won't beat it from the top, but the first part will, same with bair (if it's disjoint it won't, but if it's in their face it will)... fail knowledge is fail :(
;) rob dittos in money match only

I seriously need wario help, i asked the wario boards about it, I'm gonna quote what I posted there, hopefully u guys can fix my problems

stingers

Smash Obsessed
buenob, to beat tornado either laser from afar (obv), walk away and fsmash angled up for baits when its obv he's gonna do it (just learn when they like to nado), or jump above and hit with first part of nair. if you're good you can DI up out of the first hit and do a falling bair and them out of it, I got it some in friendlies with a mk main today but hardly consistently. also aim your gyro at the center of nado (not from above, just at the center, closer to the bottom I guess) and you'll hit him out sometimes. it seems to be random tbqh lol. you have a better chance the more charged it is.

also side b beats if if you're feeling like showing off. i've kinda started to use side b these days, really situationally but its decent offstage for gimps surprisingly.

if anyone would give me tips on how they deal with dair camping it'd be appreciated. mainly i just run away if I have stage left, if I dont i just pick a time to jump up and fair or nair or something. shielding doesnt work, rolling is always bad...its aggravating.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
I usually SDI out the first hit of it . Then just UpB right after. They can't punish your landing since they're still in tornado.
which is all well and good unless they happen to follow you/randomly wind up going in your same direction, and land on a platform w/ the low-lag tornado.

also side b beats if if you're feeling like showing off. i've kinda started to use side b these days, really situationally but its decent offstage for gimps surprisingly.

if anyone would give me tips on how they deal with dair camping it'd be appreciated. mainly i just run away if I have stage left, if I dont i just pick a time to jump up and fair or nair or something. shielding doesnt work, rolling is always bad...its aggravating.
First Para: Hm. Did not know this. Interesting

Second Para: If you are feeling ballsy, try a U-smash maybe? Make it look like you are going to run away by going underneath them between D-airs/jumps. Risky though. I manage to get 1-2 of these off. It really depends on where they are in relation to you. Like, infront/behind and above, if you have enough space possibly F-air or N-air. If they are directly above you & high enough, U-air. If you are forced to shield, obviously tilt it up. That's about as much as I can offer, as I have the same problem- just throwing out some stuff I use with mild success.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i also have tend to up-smash when i see the d-air camp coming and when i go for the up-smash it often works for me. But Dull is right u really need to be feeling ballsy to try it doing it i really have to push my self to run in and up-smash.

buenob

Smash Lord
i actually find dair camping way easier to deal with lol... there's a considerable amount of ending lag on dair, and I find a lot of people just assume he can spam it like uAir... if it's at all predictable (which it always is) you can jump uair or fair if they're too close, and if they're too far for that then you can just wait until they get too close, because MK is _not_ pressuring you by dairing that far away lol

edit: i know IC's can do stuff like pivot grab mk out of nado... rob doesn't have any trixies like this i'm just not aware of then :( right now I know my biggest problem is I don't punish poorly spaced nado's properly (ie. i wait too long to release smash and I get hit) so i guess I'll just go back to training that, thanks guys -- oh yeah, im' pretty sure I remember holy saying to me "save your fully charged tops for nado's", which I guess is a pretty decent suggestion... get them to high percents, then if they nado wrong they're dead...

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
@ Bueno;

Yeah, the d-air has some lag after it. I think it hits on frame 4-5, with IASA frames on 26? My frame data may be shaky, but that's what I pulled from the MK board when I was writing those synopses forever ago. Jump is two frames, iirc, and ROB's u-air hitbox starts on frame 7, his F-air on frame 7 as well (again, could be wrong). So, if you are directly below him, yeah- you have a frame advantage. The question arises when he is away from you, but still somewhat in D-air range. Add the frames it takes for you to get in range, and he could very well pull out another D-air.

The reason why D-air camping (and MK in general) is so darn hard to get around is the way MK is designed. More specifically, practically every character has their attacks mapped to a "bone" or series of "bones". MK does not. Its hard to explain, but bc nothing is mapped to those bones, MK will never (or rarely?) clank with anything. He'll either power through, or trade- but not clank. This is why his f-air is so good, and part of the reason his U- and D-airs are so good.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
just use Olimar vs MK, 55-45 MK favor ;), and i need help with wario, here is what I posted on the Wario boards:

my problems

wario makes me change my playstyle just to win, he is so weird o.O

1. So I'm told to utilt and ftilt, cant ftilt, yall are chilling in the air, and utilt 4 me haz problems. it works wonders when I land it vs ur dair, then i land a uair, but sometimes you warios just short hop, double jump, air dodge, rinse and repeat o.O, in other words u do nothing but float and swerve in the air, when i utilt, ur beast airspeed pulls u away fast enough, or u airdodge it. at that point i get comboes from nair or dair, then i end up getting grabbed and thrown

2. I have to camp? the angle at which u guys like to float at is ********, its out of my spam range. this means ur close to me and ur dong ur thang in the air. if ur far, u will get in, warios air speed it ********, so when u air dodge, it covers too much distance for comfort. all of a sudden the gyro is at the other end of the stage, and all i have is my laser >.> unless the laser is fully charged, its useless. the damage is to little, and the knock back is nothing, by the time i wait the second to reload my laser, ur in my face.

3. ROBs main kill moves would be nair and bair. the only way to send someone straight up with nair is to get in their face, but then i get sheild grabbed. when I space it, if it lands, the angle it sends u at is so bad, straight to the corner, way to ruin my kill move. Bair is like impossible to land, i couldnt hit this wari with it. against rob, u guys live up to 170, that is preposterous, wth seriously =_=

4. the rest of my problems is that my main strategy doesnt work. I was told to Bair a lot cause u have no answer to it, the wario was just following me, in the air like the little bi.....sness man that he is, i end up getting cornered at the edge, my options are limited, so i try to predict his jumps and double Fair, sometimes i land it, but its to effin weak, like I said, u mother truckers live to 170. ROB has no forced grab release, chances of me grabing at an edge are unrealistic, i can never punish u when ur recovering high, this match up takes to long, arg :urg:

somebody pretty please help me in detail

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I just wanna say that rob vs dk feels like 50-50 more so than any other match-up ive ever played.

buenob

Smash Lord
angled up fsmash takes care of that nasty spot... I hit nick like 3-5 times with it in the first round, and just randomly fsmashed when he was ******* around out of range, keeping it fresh in his memory... he never approached like that again :)

you seem to think that this match taking a long time is a hinderance? wario has no projectiles, he should be the one thinking that the match is taking for freaking ever to finish lol...

--

to mk's dair... what's the # of frames on mks' jump->dair, 'cause i mostly see the rising dair, not just a second falling dair... if the MK is far enough that you need +10 frames to get there, then I usually just walk backwards... what usually happens is the MK runs out of jumps, and because he's not in gaining an advantage on me, decides to tornado, hence why I feel like a ***** @ losing to tornado lol...

and I did a lot of 3d animation in highschool, so I know what you're talking about the bones... you can also abuse that fact to recover high against him when he's at high percents... throw out a bair where SL would be, and you're guaranteed to either get back across the "edge" (so he'd hit you towards the center, still not good but at least it's something) or you trade hits and he gets hurt (also works with nair, but it doesn't have the momentum bonus for when you don't bait) **situational at best**

--

edit: rob vs DK? really? i dunno... i feel like any character that doesn't have a projectile really has a rough time with rob (except GnW/MK lol)... and DK's heaviness for low% combos, combined with easy zoning and simple recovery options make for a relatively easy match... yeah he's got slight range and hits hard, but nothing of his is disjoint which can lead to easy punishing (not to mention not safe on power shield, like most tilts)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I just wanna say that rob vs dk feels like 50-50 more so than any other match-up ive ever played.
ROB definitely wins it. DK can catch ya though by surprise if your not careful. ROB has an answer to every single thing DK has. Just get knowledge in the matchup and you'll learn how to avoid most of his kill moves.

The most even matchup I've found for ROB is Pit. They're practically identical and they both have answers to each others everything it seems.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
to mk's dair... what's the # of frames on mks' jump->dair, 'cause i mostly see the rising dair, not just a second falling dair... if the MK is far enough that you need +10 frames to get there, then I usually just walk backwards... what usually happens is the MK runs out of jumps, and because he's not in gaining an advantage on me, decides to tornado, hence why I feel like a ***** @ losing to tornado lol...
IASA on whatever frame it was plus +2ish frame jump+D-air frames. And, its not like he is going to be remaining stationary while doing the D-air. He'll probably be moving foward/backward to hit with the "side" of it (for lack of a better term). There's way too many variables to really give a "this char has an absolute frame advantage over that char". Moral of the story basically revolves around to what was mentioned before. If your ballsy, U-smash, if you have enough time sneak in a U-/F- air. Otherwise get out of the way if you can. Its just a hassle whenever he has you more or less pinned to the edge with it.

Edit: have we nailed down a time/room for the ROB/Peach crew battle?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
ROB has answers to everything DK does. The same cannot be said for DK. ROB controls the momentum, ROB can edgeguard better, and most of ROB's weaknesses are irrelevant in the MU.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
in the air, watch out when DK is facing u backwards, his Bair outranges our Fair, and it can combo us, he can kill earlier, but the ape is big, camping really hurts him, its awesome :bee:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
i still dont understand robs "camping." IMO its HORRIBLE(but maybe cause im coming from a TRUE camper, samus).

Robs spam is so linear, easy to see coming, and his animations give you plenty of time to avoid the spam. Hell theres even moves that cancel out the gyro and some other moves reflect the laser.

When i used samus i didnt spam just to chip damage, i spamed to set up for grabs or to bait a ground/airdodge. I dont see ANY of this happening with rob. Is there a video about way to abuse his projectiles?

buenob

Smash Lord
it's more of a deterrent... lets say dk is out of range... you start charging your gyro... yeah he has 2 (good) options... wait and power-shield, or approach... wait and shield->just start charging your gyro again (or throw a laser out for good measure)... if he starts to approach, stop charging and deal with his approach...

robs projectiles are less about setting up combos and more about massive zoning

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
i still dont understand robs "camping." IMO its HORRIBLE(but maybe cause im coming from a TRUE camper, samus).

Robs spam is so linear, easy to see coming, and his animations give you plenty of time to avoid the spam. Hell theres even moves that cancel out the gyro and some other moves reflect the laser.

When i used samus i didnt spam just to chip damage, i spamed to set up for grabs or to bait a ground/airdodge. I dont see ANY of this happening with rob. Is there a video about way to abuse his projectiles?

ROBs spam is entirely different from Samus'. Like you said, Samus' sets up for things, similarly to mario's fireballs and whatnot. His is meant (as bueno) said a deterrent. As a method to chip in an extra 4% when you knock an opponent away, something for the opponent to wade through.

Edit: Also, make sure to utilize terrain to bounce your laser & gyro, or different laser angles. It isn't so much about spamming where they are, but where they are going to be. They are there to chip in damage and generally frustrate an opponent. Not many things are more irksome than being soooo close to ROB and then getting a laser right as their aerial starts. And then getting slapped away with an F-tilt.

Additionally, ROB doesn't camp with projectiles alone. He uses them in conjunction with his tilts, f-smash, (jab, grab & d-smash if they manage to get inside), u-tilt to a lesser degree. They each play a particular role. Generally the projectiles give the opponent something to wade through, and the other options create a more solid wall. Think of it in terms of like... a RTS game. Gyro/laser are the small, pea-shooter-esque turrets, while the other options are stronger.

As far as setting up "combos" with your projectiles, the only ways that I recommend are:

1) Glide toss trixies. Usually involve tossing the gyro down & gliding a small length. Usually combos decently at low-mid percents. You can "combo" into an edgeguard from a forward toss/glide when near the edge.

2) "Comboing" out of the stun someone gets when they hit a gyro while it is spinning on the ground. Nothing too fancy- usually a grab, d-smash, u-tilt to U-air, etc.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i am a expert on the DK ROB MU. and i would say it is a slight adv for ROB like a 55-45. Now the reason for this is rob and rack up dmg and spam DK pretty easily and make it pretty tough for DK to do anything. But do to DK's ability to not die nd his ability to kill ROB at a much much low % then ROB can kill him the MU is not nearly as good for ROB as it would seem. DK is great with people above him and he is good at putting people in that postion while everyone here knows just how bad ROB is with characters below him. Also a DK who knows this MU will make it really hard for ROB to recover so the ROB really needs to mix up his recovery to get back to the stage. While on the other hand despite how easy one might think it is to stop DK's recovery good DKs can recover from in ways and places that u would not expect but if ROB does it right both bair and fair beat DK's up-B plus u could always go for the dair but i wouldn't its not not reliable enough imo so the ROB just needs to be great with his bair and fair spacing. Anyway ROB has all the tools which would lead u to think this is an easy win for ROB but DKs pure strength combined with his ability to kill make this MU much harder then one would expect so i think it is a 55-45 and a MU were u need to know what u r doing or u will get wrecked(assuming the DK knows the MU in that scenario)

Tin Man

Smash Hero
see how in detail we are going with the Falco and now the DK matchup, I would very much like a detailed response on how to deal with Wario, please, pretty please, when I say detailed, I mean detailed like dull razpr and Nagaces posts, inside and out peopl, I stated all my problems earlier in detail, someone please help in detail

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i hope im ready man. i can beat candy if I'm playing good. armada i'm more worried about tbqh cuz i donknow the matchup. nacker sorry you're screwed. umm betazealot jj you said he was bad but I'm abysmal against falco so we'll see :p and banhammer...i'm comin for your gaw son, my best friend mains gaw, get at me

jjvirus

Smash Champion
I thought I was too Stingers (@being abysmal vs Falco) but Beta loathes ROB and doesn't know how to get around him. You got this.

I'm just skeptical because I'm afraid I may lose to this PMD guy (Puerto Rican Snake) or BlackG (SoVa Mk)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
If you can beat or even take a match from Candy, there's no way you should ever lose to Beta. They're on very different levels. And Nacker is probably too rusty to be a threat, though he used to be the ROB ditto master.

Who does Armada play in Brawl? Peach?

Top Bottom