• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Can you make a reflective chrome ROB? They did it to Marth and a few others, so I know there's a way to do it. I would <3 you forever (not that I don't already).

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
I was gonna get my friend rPSI (the 1 who did ROB's frame data w/ PSA) to make me my own texture that says Mizu on ROB bottom platform where it say something like family computer robot.......but he won't do it since ROB is very hard to make texture for.
Yeah, ROBs texture palette thing is probably the MOST confusing out of any of them. But, once you do one or two... its pretty easy. If you just want your name on it, that's not a problem. Takes like... 10 seconds. If you wanted other stuff... then that'd be awhile.

Make a Star Scream just for me. :]
K. I'm 1/2 done with my Soundwave one. And, I need to go back and tidy up my Optimus (cough, redo) it. Starscream will get put in there somewhere. Also, It'll be gen1 starscream- I'm keepin it old school.

Nice, what about..........
Windows 7 ROB?

LOLz
Interesting. I'll give the windows 7 theme a closer look and see what I can do.

terminator ROB
Id imagine you mean the cybernetic skeleton terminator? Easy enough, ill just slap a nifty cool stock metal texture/filter.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Yeah, ROBs texture palette thing is probably the MOST confusing out of any of them. But, once you do one or two... its pretty easy. If you just want your name on it, that's not a problem. Takes like... 10 seconds. If you wanted other stuff... then that'd be awhile.

K. I'm 1/2 done with my Soundwave one. And, I need to go back and tidy up my Optimus (cough, redo) it. Starscream will get put in there somewhere. Also, It'll be gen1 starscream- I'm keepin it old school.

Interesting. I'll give the windows 7 theme a closer look and see what I can do.

Id imagine you mean the cybernetic skeleton terminator? Easy enough, ill just slap a nifty cool stock metal texture/filter.

Yea....I want my coustom texture to have....blue every where there is red(the kind of blue in Revamped PORTAL ROB's eyes)
......and Black every where there is
white. And where it says on that little strip on his bottom platform......"Family computer robot" I think.....instead says.....MIZU

Does my description make sense?
Could you make that?
It sound simple right?

6Mizu

Smash Champion
I'm interested in balanced brawl, thats for sure, I wanna try it, ROB is better in it right :bee:, and Ganon + falcon seem awesome from the showcase video.
ROB ***** in Balanced Brawl.
His Buff s from what I remember:
-U-throw kills earlier
-F-tilt has more knockback, I think (making it better for spacing)
-D-throw put your opponent right above you. (for an aerial chase, and other setups.)
and that's all, but that's all rob needs.
I promise you'll luv ROB. :)

Edit: Also, no infinites on ROB. YAY!

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
His laser does like 1% more damage too.

Setting it up should be really easy. Just download it and put the stuff inside the Folder straight onto the SD card (you don't want the folder itself)

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I finally found out what use ROB has. ROB trains people to meteor cancel correctly. Since ROB is the one of the few characters that basically always survives meteors, it's players meteor cancel in their sleep. I watch combo videos and watch these guys, even pros, failing meteor canceling getting killed at like 50% from DK's Dair. I never see ROB players (or at least ones that's know what they're doing) get killed by spikes until late percents.

it makes me lol

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
It was? Never noticed it but I haven't played it too much. @ Mizu

I finally found out what use ROB has. ROB trains people to meteor cancel correctly. Since ROB is the one of the few characters that basically always survives meteors, it's players meteor cancel in their sleep. I watch combo videos and watch these guys, even pros, failing meteor canceling getting killed at like 50% from DK's Dair. I never see ROB players (or at least ones that's know what they're doing) get killed by spikes until late percents.

it makes me lol
That or if they're not smart enough to avoid a second spike and they run out of fuel :p

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Lol, getting spiked twice. I haven't heard of that since some scrub double spiked Holy as Ness on wifi.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Can you make a reflective chrome ROB? They did it to Marth and a few others, so I know there's a way to do it. I would <3 you forever (not that I don't already).
Yeah. Sure thing. Like, you want it to sort of have that "liquid metal-ish" look to it? Like, not much detail and stuff?

Also, I updated my Optimus ROB to include the truck grill and window panes. Also re-did the face to look more Optimus-y (trying to get that mouth-shield look, this is as close as Ill get)

Yea....I want my coustom texture to have....blue every where there is red(the kind of blue in Revamped PORTAL ROB's eyes)
......and Black every where there is
white. And where it says on that little strip on his bottom platform......"Family computer robot" I think.....instead says.....MIZU
Can do. Ive got a premade one of a PS2 ROB that is already black, and the stuff that's blue will be easy to lighten up to get that color you want. The PS2 logo in his eyes on damage is easy to get rid of, as is the button shapes on the boosters. Is that cool? it'll save me a ton of time.

Lol, getting spiked twice. I haven't heard of that since some scrub double spiked Holy as Ness on wifi.
it happened to me vs a Samus. Granted, it was sexy and surprising on their part. They ran off and spiked me, I cancelled and recovered up/right (was on left side of stage) the walljumped against the BF slant and caught me again. Took me totally by surprise.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Yeah. Sure thing. Like, you want it to sort of have that "liquid metal-ish" look to it? Like, not much detail and stuff?

Also, I updated my Optimus ROB to include the truck grill and window panes. Also re-did the face to look more Optimus-y (trying to get that mouth-shield look, this is as close as Ill get)

Can do. Ive got a premade one of a PS2 ROB that is already black, and the stuff that's blue will be easy to lighten up to get that color you want. The PS2 logo in his eyes on damage is easy to get rid of, as is the button shapes on the boosters. Is that cool? it'll save me a ton of time.

it happened to me vs a Samus. Granted, it was sexy and surprising on their part. They ran off and spiked me, I cancelled and recovered up/right (was on left side of stage) the walljumped against the BF slant and caught me again. Took me totally by surprise.
Yea, I guesss if it end up looking like what i asked for. :)

Edit: Will it be done before 8:30? (I doubt it)
Cause I gotta go then. If not that's fine I'll just see it soon. :)

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Yea, I guesss if it end up looking like what i asked for. :)

Edit: Will it be done before 8:30? (I doubt it)
Cause I gotta go then. If not that's fine I'll just see it soon. :)

Done before 8:30? lol. No way. Stuff takes forever. But, everyone will have all of their requests before the week before pound, unless I forget something.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah pretty much. Red eyes though. Angry-looking if you can.

And omg that Optimus Prime gives me a boner. Please please can I have it? I promise not to share it with anyone if that's how you want it, but it is a masterpiece.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
hmm.....
Nice, Your really good.
Dull you're a beast texture maker
Thanks. I only started like two days ago... but I'm comfy with photoshop, so once you get acclimated to how the model works and how it transfers from jumbled 2-d to 3-d, its not that hard.

Yeah pretty much. Red eyes though. Angry-looking if you can.

And omg that Optimus Prime gives me a boner. Please please can I have it? I promise not to share it with anyone if that's how you want it, but it is a masterpiece.
D'awww.... ok Jc. You'll get a limited edition Optimus ROB with grill/panes *AND* the metal texture.

Edit; Imma wait till I get them all done before uploading links, so I can do it all at once.

Editx2: toasty, info will be forthcoming in the next day or so. The dude from Canada just arrived at his gfs in Texas this morning.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
That's why you GO to these tourneys! To train yourself to handle the pressure and the challenge of having such an enormous pool of talent to go up against...you'll be kicking yourself when you find out who made it to brackets, thinking "man I could have totally beaten that guy."

buenob

Smash Lord
looks like there's going to be some solid competition for the highest placing rob there :)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
There's a limit on consecutive characters. Yeah, forums are stupid sometimes.

Are no WC ROBs coming? Or FL ROBs?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
who knows, those are two of the regions that qualify as Smash Bubbles [especially in the Melee scene]...but there are SOOO many people and such a concentration of talent that they don't really travel OOS much and they generally stick to themselves...and then they randomly appear at nationals haha

See Also: MD/VA

*sigh*

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
There's a limit on consecutive characters. Yeah, forums are stupid sometimes.

Are no WC ROBs coming? Or FL ROBs?

HugS is coming, but I dont think he is intending to play Brawl. And, I don't think that FL will be bringing any ROBs.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Maybe you should work on throwing more gyro and less controllers.
you were also in the olimar boards and said the same thing, except with whte pikmin instead of gyro, lol random post.

I wish I could join the rob competition :cry: you guys should come up to canada, at least for out massive tournament this february (look at my sig)

Top Bottom