• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Summer 2008 = Golden Age of the ROB Boards.

We were all active as hell, improving with practice and tons of actually USEFUL discussion and video analysis [at times too brief or too deep], and we actually all stuck with our mains.

And then...

They began to defect... :(

Also...I stopped caring as much [See Also: S****y Region Johns] and then JCaesar outplaced me at a tourney....I'm pretty sure that upset the balance greatly XD

Forgot to mention:

ROB Video Thread? Comedy GOLD!

We were all actually pretty bonded together...it was great...a lot of good banter went on during those months.......and then the laughter started getting drowned out the rapid mashing of a small button...

*sigh*

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
@JG Yeah, I'll be at Viridian. And I won't play like **** this time. Or at least not as ****ty lol

@Old school ROBs: Idk how much you payed attention to me when I first started posting and whatnot, as I was quite noobish, but about when was that with respect to the "Golden Age" of ROB? I know I was here before OS picked up MK.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Also...I stopped caring as much [See Also: S****y Region Johns] and then JCaesar outplaced me at a tourney....I'm pretty sure that upset the balance greatly XD
When didn't I outplace you? :p The big turning point was that ECRC C3 where I got 9th and you got like ... 65th or something embarrassing.

On a somewhat related note, Kadaj came to C3 last weekend and did really well. He's got no s***ty region johns. SOVA BABY!

toasty

Smash Hero
LOLLLL dang Brett XD

Nah you outplaced me [I think you got 13th and I got 17th?] for the FIRST time at a Chu-biweekly once early Fall 2008...

HAH @ "turning point" being the ECRC, more like the turning point in my Brawl career since that was the last time I ever cared about the game [mostly because I found a Melee setup at the tourney and played HOOOURS of friendlies with Kirbstir/Crismas/Nacker...and then decidedly got back into Melee]

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Nacker played Melee? I've only played that guy in Melee once, and I 4-stocked his Mario with G&W. I assumed he didn't play Melee.

toasty

Smash Hero
Nacker played Melee? I've only played that guy in Melee once, and I 4-stocked his Mario with G&W. I assumed he didn't play Melee.
Irrelevant to the fact that we sat there playing Melee for hours and didn't move...I just felt the "love" for Smash pouring back in like I had it when I was first getting decent at the game......"the things that make you pause because of how awesome you are"...first waveshine...first shine-wavedash-to-*anything*...first edge tech...first epic survival DI...first 0-death combo

*sigh*

good times...

Also: LOL get the **** outta here with Kadaj not having ****ty region johns...as if one player makes the region XD And actually: he really DOES have ****ty region Johns...do you have ANY idea how amazing he would be if he lived in NoVa instead of SoVa!?!??

Any time we traveled up there and stayed, I'd watch him jump levels as he played hours of friendlies with Boss/NEO/Korn/Candy/etc

He hardly gets to play with anyone even CLOSE to his level down in SoVa...sadness :(

[iknowyou'rekiddingbutiliketoargue ^_^]

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sorry Sudai but it turns out my teammate is coming to Pound 4. We should do some friendlies together though. If you can make it <hopefully>.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I saw. I was just hoping you could get out of it.

Who gets married during Pound 4 anyway? So inconsiderate...

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
My textures

So, guys... i started doing my own texture hacking... and of course I headed straight for ROB. Thought I'd show what i came up with

Battle-Worn ROB: think... Wall-E meets Meatgrinder

Optimus ROB: Self explanatory. This was my first version, ive fancied him up since then... dont have a pic tho.

Revamped PORTAL ROB:

Do you like?

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
So, guys... i started doing my own texture hacking... and of course I headed straight for ROB. Thought I'd show what i came up with

Battle-Worn ROB: think... Wall-E meets Meatgrinder

Optimus ROB: Self explanatory. This was my first version, ive fancied him up since then... dont have a pic tho.

Revamped PORTAL ROB:

Do you like?
Hell, yes I like!
Can I get them some where?

I liiiiike! good ****!!!!

OMFG GUYS I DON'T CARE ABOUT RELEVANCE [even to a spam/social thread!] BUT YOU HAVE TO WATCH THIS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYW4GuwM1uI

Wow! I'm not that big of a fan of Melee, but that was AWESOME! :)

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I hack brawl to play brawl+ :p. I need help setting up balanced brawl, I tried but I didn't know how/ where to put the files on my SD card, oh well, I'll just look for a youtube video later, My wii's at home, and I'm currently in mexico so yeah, I'll just wait till i get home

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
ill upload the battleworn ROB sometime or other and provide a link. The revamped portal ROB is my special one for me, as is the Optimus Prime. No worries tho, Imma make some more ROB textures and disperse them freely.

I need help tho... I'm strapped for ideas. Give me some color combinations/theme ideas, pl0x!!

Edit: Probably am gonna do a Decepticon. Dont have any in mind atm, (soundwave maybe, star scream, or megatron {but megatron from gen 1 is like... basically the silver default ROB). So, any more ideas are welcome.

Top Bottom