• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Rhythm Heaven's a sizable series (bigger than Mother guh huh) so a character from RH isn't as obscure as everyone thinks.

Chorus Kids are unexpected but make a lot of sense in retrospect.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Rhythm Heaven's a sizable series (bigger than Mother guh huh) so a character from RH isn't as obscure as everyone thinks.

Chorus Kids are unexpected but make a lot of sense in retrospect.
If we're not talking about sales, Mother is exactly as big, maybe larger if you want to count Mother 1 + 2 as a separate thing.

And I think the biggest thing people have beef about with a Rhythm Heaven character is that the series isn't very character-centric, and many people think more about the merits of the actual character rather than the series they're from.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think the problem here is that people are dismissing it too quickly, instead of taking a quick breather and thinking for a second.

Then again, people have Ridley, Mewtwo, and K. Rool shoved up their ass... but that's a different topic.

SmashLover777

Smash Cadet
NNID
Starfy324
Hello people of SmashBoards! I'm kind of new here so... yeah you get the idea.

I came to this thread to tell you this because I support the idea for Chorus Kids to be in SSB4. So then when I saw this I immediately came here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Cool! Welcome to the boards! Enthusiastic fans are always welcome to the Smashboards family! :happysheep:

Would love to hear your ideas for a moveset, since the Chorus Men are such an unusual-sounding character idea!

That said, do be careful about double-posting, it's something that's definitely frowned upon, and the edit post function is awesome and helpful!

Hong

The Strongest

I came to this thread to tell you this because I support the idea for Chorus Kids to be in SSB4. So then when I saw this I immediately came here.
Welcome to SmashBoards. ^~^

Avoid double posting, if you can. You can always add onto your messages with the "Edit" button, located beneath your post. Thanks!

SmashLover777

Smash Cadet
NNID
Starfy324
Also I wanted to post 2 ideas for a Final Smash. One could be like R.O.B's as in this one one of the Chorus Kids gets a microphone and starts yelling in it, then the other two grab him while he is still singing causing a powerful soundwave to go anywhere you move. And the other idea is a Rock Session. In this one they summon a performance stage and get on it. Big Speakers are on the side and they start singing and playing instruments loudly. Then shockwaves and big soundwaves appear from the speaker and little soundwaves are coming from the Chorus Kids.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Welcome to the choir, my friend!

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
I think a bowtie would be pretty boring to see on Kirby.
I hope that The Barista Dog's Headphones appear as a costume or something for Chorus Kid, That way Kirby can wear them and not seen too boring or generic.

I'm a bit disappointed with how Villager Kirby came out to be, just sporting his hair and not the little viking hat that he'd wear in the Original Animal Crossing Games.

SmashLover777

Smash Cadet
NNID
Starfy324
Aside from hats. What do you think Chorus Kids taunts would be? One of my choices would be them doing the Wrestler's pose.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Is kirby is taking all hairstyle.

How Chorus kids Kirby is gonna look whyout hair????

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Aside from hats. What do you think Chorus Kids taunts would be? One of my choices would be them doing the Wrestler's pose.
@DonkaFjord came up with "Try Again", "OK", and "Superb" signs for all three taunts of his Rhythm Girl set and I always thought that was the most brilliant thing so I'm hoping for that.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Well, Pac-Man doesn't really happen to have any sort of "hattable" features, so the crooked eyebrows and nose were the best they could do for him. Much better than the hackjob on most of the newcomers. A lot would benefit from a more general reference (Villager) or sporting equipment to accentuate their fighting styles (Little Mac, WFT).

Kirby's Chorus Men hat could be similar to Pac-Man. I would love to see him get their squiggly muzzle to cover his mouth and one of those cute black bowties.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Heh, I kinda remember the Chorus Kids becoming a bit of a meme over at Flipnote Hatena at Flipnote Studio back when I still had a DSi. Didn't really expect to hear from them again a few years later. :laugh:

It would certainly be interesting if they really do become playable. :p

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So are there any matches you want to put the Chorus Kids against?

For me, I want to make them fight Captain Falcon. Mostly because he somehow got me into the series when the DS game came out in 2009.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
These prospective matchups got me thinking, what if you put the Chorus Kids against dual characters who usually have a lot of AI footprints?

Chrous Men vs. Pikmin & Olimar vs. Ice Climbers vs. Rosalina & Luma!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
These prospective matchups got me thinking, what if you put the Chorus Kids against dual characters who usually have a lot of AI footprints?

Chrous Men vs. Pikmin & Olimar vs. Ice Climbers vs. Rosalina & Luma!
I think Chorus Kids vs Wario vs Game & Watch is a more interesting match up because all three series are heavily connected in some way.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I said Game & Watch because Chorus Men are likely to be flat 2D models like the Sneaky Spirits. But the whole tie-in to Game & Wario makes that even better.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Should be call supporters "The Choir"? Oh wait... Already happened
I don't know it sounded batter in my head. Anyway, the Sneaky Spirit thing is very convincing of a Rhythm Heaven character. It jus seems like the fan favorite is the Chorus Kids.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So are there any matches you want to put the Chorus Kids against?

For me, I want to make them fight Captain Falcon. Mostly because he somehow got me into the series when the DS game came out in 2009.
The Chorus Kids vs. all heavy/tall characters! (Bowser, Rosalina, and Lady Palutena!)

Top Bottom