• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

SmashLover777

Smash Cadet
NNID
Starfy324
Any costume ideas for them? I can only think of them in white and the black outline around them and them in their remix form.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Any costume ideas for them? I can only think of them in white and the black outline around them and them in their remix form.
Their Glee Club 2 coloring is very plausible (reddish orange and black). Also colorings based on DJ Yellow, Stomp Farmer, Marshal, Miss Ribbon, and Cam are possible as well.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Do you guys think we'll get a Rhythm Kids as an unlockable alt. costume?
Actually, that....would be....perfect! This way, anyone who actually wanted Marshal, Ms. Ribbon, and Cam actually playable in Smash 4 could have no problem playing as them! Great Idea! I actually hope Sakurai goes through with this kind of thing!:b:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Should be call supporters "The Choir"? Oh wait... Already happened
I don't know it sounded batter in my head. Anyway, the Sneaky Spirit thing is very convincing of a Rhythm Heaven character. It jus seems like the fan favorite is the Chorus Kids.
Nah, they were not even considered before the leak. Now they are the fan favorite because it seems likely with the leak and all (and now people are even considering them/noticing rhythm heaven might get/deserve a rep.) It's a lot of bandwagon hopping, but it is quite welcomed *cough*and deserved*cough.*

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
Once again, here are my ideas for alt. costumes/ colors. Clear from back from the good old days of page 3.
Here's some ideas for Alt. costumes/ colors. I'm thinking the third guy of the group, the one you get to directly control in case of the character being a trio, gets a small detail on each costume to make him visually different. Like in default maybe he gets to be Marshal with the blushed cheeks and maybe theslightly altered headshape. Just an idea.

Green- Inspired by the frog guys. Maybe they can just wear the pants and the leader of the group, the third guy "You", can have frog eyes on a hat ala Mario's Frog Suit

Red- The Rhythm Heaven Fever wrestler guy. They wear mini bracelet thingies, pants, and boots. The third man gets the wrestler's mask. Or they can turn pink and "You" gets a ribbon and blush marks like Miss RIbbons maybe also a body and voice change too to sound and look more like a girl since it probaly won't change hitboxes.

Blue- They were the berets and maybe the lead man of the trio wears the drill sergeant's hat. Maybe they wear shirts featuring the speckle designs on the bird wings as well. Or they can just turn blue and Choir Man 3 gets the blushed cheeks and glasses like Cam but no head shape change or it might (will probaly) alter his hitbox.. Maybe the Cam costume gets a voicechange too but Idk since I've never played RH Fever and I don't even know if he has a voice. Also, that cute clap Cam and Miss Ribbons does needs to be in the moveset. Maybe as an A-tap or a taunt.

Yellow- Simple they turn yellow like DJ Yellow and "You" gets the futuristic headgear. No voice change since DJ Yellow wan't given a voice and it will ruin the consistency of the fighter.

Bonus #1 (Glee Club 2)- These costume will be Black with red-orange outlines. Maybe the guy you control will have hollow circle eyes the whole time and/or a sharp tooth sticking out the whole time or just be a recolor of the Marshal idea with a slightly different head and blushed cheeks.

Bonus#2 (golden boxart)- The guys' skin turn from white to gold like the colorscheme of the DS boxart and maybe they can get shirts and/or bowties with the diamond backgound from the OST cover below as a pattern. The lead fighter can repeat the Marshal idea or, as a joke, have the wacky-faced onion as his head...

Whew, that it! I worked hard thinking writing all this up and fetching the images! Please don't let this go to waste!
P.S. Sorry for taking up all this space.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Well I suppose all Gematsu characters were easy guesses.

IT WASN'T A LEAK AT ALL THEN

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Well I suppose all Gematus characters were easy guesses.

IT WASN'T A LEAK AT ALL THEN
Now in all fairness.

And I ain't saying the 2nd leak don't have good stuff going for it.

But you know.

The Chorus Kids.

Are kind of the mascots of the series.

Sort of, I'm not sure. They're just the ones I recognized as "Oh the Rhythm Heaven guys?"

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Literally nobody besides this guy actually took them seriously as Smash Bros candidates.

Choir, what song do you think would play in the inevitable Chorus Kids trailer?
Glee Club is the obvious answer but it's a little slow for a fighting game trailer.
I personally feel that Rhythm Rally would be a pretty good option.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Now in all fairness.

But you know.

The Chorus Kids.

Sort of, I'm not sure. They're just the ones I recognized as "Oh the Rhythm Heaven guys?"
This is lovely.
Glee Club is the obvious answer but it's a little slow for a fighting game trailer.
Has to be a vocal song now.

"It's Paradise" is probably the best.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Has to be a vocal song now.

"It's Paradise" is probably the best.
That's Paradise is actually a great choice, come to think of it. It's very victorious, and details just how long the Chorus Kids have traveled to be in Smash (lol) and the trouble that us fans have to deal with. Now obviously that isn't the reason it would be chosen, but it does seem like a victory tune, like we worked hard and now we made it to Smash.

I could see Game Select as the trailer theme too, honestly.
Or maybe even the game's main theme.

Rhythm Heaven has so much great music that it's near impossible to decide what music will ultimately make it in.

On another note, I really want to hear "Let's Practice" in some capacity.
It'd be an awesome Easter egg if it played in Training Mode with the Kids. :p

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Ah right, "That's" Paradise. Should tell myself not to go with the lyrics to remember.

It only makes me more excited for their trailer though. I'd be really bummed if they didn't have one.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Now in all fairness.

But you know.

The Chorus Kids.

I beg to defer, but they are definitely the mascot of the DS version (The first international version) and one of the more memorable characters. A part of me really don't like the chorus men (as much as I love rhythm heaven) just because they are more on the visually bland (but charming, I suppose) side of such a colorful franchise and they have only appeared truly in one game out of 4 (3 nintendo games + the arcade remake of the first game.) I suppose two games if you want to include marshal and the hungry munk guy, but that's just fan speculation. Maybe I am just bitter that rhythm heaven will only get one rep ever and it will end up being one of my least favorite probable characters from the series. Oh well- at least RH will get repped somehow and atleast some people genuinely want these little guys.

SmashLover777

Smash Cadet
NNID
Starfy324
Literally nobody besides this guy actually took them seriously as Smash Bros candidates.

I think a fast remix version of Glee Club, the song used in Air Ralley without the guy shouting 2,3,4! Or what Spinosaurus said That's Paradise.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
It just popped in my head that if the Chorus Kids get a rhythm-based gimmick it would only be fair to give it to Lucas as well.

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
It just popped in my head that if the Chorus Kids get a rhythm-based gimmick it would only be fair to give it to Lucas as well.
Not sure about this, why create a unique moveset and then give it to someone else unrelated to the series? (granted I don't know that much about Lucas)

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Not sure about this, why create a unique moveset and then give it to someone else unrelated to the series? (granted I don't know that much about Lucas)
All of Mother 3's combat is rhythm-based, and it would help differentiate him from Ness a bit more.
I'm not saying Chorus Kids and Lucas would share a moveset, but more that they would share a gimmick; for example, how Palutena and Miis both have unique customizable specials.

FancysaurusRex

Smash Apprentice
the song used in Air Ralley without the guy shouting 2,3,4!
BA-BUM-BUM-BUM!

Also, count me in on the Chorus Kids supporters! I had barely even heard of the series before the leak, and now they are my most wanted newcomer. That being said, I sincerely hope the guy didn't mean Marshall, because as cool as he is, the Chorus Kids have this bizarre charm to them that I feel Marshall lacks. An alternate costume as him though, would be awesome.

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
I didn't say this in my Harmoknight post, but I'll support them as well. Simply because I support any newcomer - the more the merrier! Plus after researching them, they look legit. And I love music, win win win win win.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Just came to post an idea for a Rhythm Heaven stage, which would accompany the Chorus Kids.
It would be called Rhythm Heaven Remix, and it would be on both the Wii U version and the 3DS version. It would be sort of like WarioWare in that it cycles through some of the minigames from the game. In this case, it simply rotates through the first four minigames.

The 3DS version would obviously be based off of Rhythm Heaven for the DS:
It would begin in 'Built to Scale'. A fairly basic stage: They fight on the factory floor as widgets roll across in the background,.
After a few minutes spent here, the stage would then change into 'Glee Club', the most basic section of this stage. It would simply be a white background with walk-off edges.
Next would come 'Fillbots'. This one would have a conveyor belt as a floor, and many robots would be built in the background.
Finally it would change into 'Fan Club', in which fighters battle on the main stage as a crowd of monkeys cheer!
Then it would loop right back to the start.
Tracks:
'That's Paradise'
Remix 10

The Wii U version would be based off of Rhythm Heaven Fever:
It would begin in 'Hole in One'. Fighters would battle on the tropical island golf course. A pretty island scene with some water. Monkey and Mandrill observe the fight from off to the side.
After a minute or so, the stage becomes 'Screwbot' Factory. Like the Fillbots stage on the 3DS version, this is a conveyor belt in which robots are built.
Next would come 'See Saw'. Obviously, this would be a basic pink background with a see-saw right in the center. The see saw can be interacted with, such as launching a foe by jumping on one end.
Finally, it would transform into 'Double Date'. The fighters would be by the school, fighting around the bench. Many sports balls would fly around in the background. The weasel couple will occasionally peek out from their hole - they can be attacked by the fighters causing them to hide back underground.
After this, of course, it would loop back to the start.
My Music Tracks (bold = unlockable):
'Dreams of Our Generation'
Remix 10
Title Theme
'Karate Man'
'I Feel Fine'
'I Love You'
'Beautiful One Day'

(Obviously all of the songs with lyrics would have a Japanese version as well, just like with 'Ashley's Song' in Brawl.)

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Just came to post an idea for a Rhythm Heaven stage, which would accompany the Chorus Kids.
It would be called Rhythm Heaven Remix, and it would be on both the Wii U version and the 3DS version. It would be sort of like WarioWare in that it cycles through some of the minigames from the game. In this case, it simply rotates through the first four minigames.

The 3DS version would obviously be based off of Rhythm Heaven for the DS:
It would begin in 'Built to Scale'. A fairly basic stage: They fight on the factory floor as widgets roll across in the background,.
After a few minutes spent here, the stage would then change into 'Glee Club', the most basic section of this stage. It would simply be a white background with walk-off edges.
Next would come 'Fillbots'. This one would have a conveyor belt as a floor, and many robots would be built in the background.
Finally it would change into 'Fan Club', in which fighters battle on the main stage as a crowd of monkeys cheer!
Then it would loop right back to the start.
Soundtrack:
'That's Paradise'
Remix 10

The Wii U version would be based off of Rhythm Heaven Fever:
It would begin in 'Hole in One'. Fighters would battle on the tropical island golf course. A pretty island scene with some water. Monkey and Mandrill observe the fight from off to the side.
After a minute or so, the stage becomes 'Screwbot' Factory. Like the Fillbots stage on the 3DS version, this is a conveyor belt in which robots are built.
Next would come 'See Saw'. Obviously, this would be a basic purple background with a see-saw right in the center. The see saw can be interacted with, such as launching a foe by jumping on one end.
Finally, it would transform into 'Double Date'. The fighters would be by the school, fighting around the bench. Many sports balls would fly around in the background. The weasel couple will occasionally peek out from their hole - they can be attacked by the fighters causing them to hide back underground.
After this, of course, it would loop back to the start.
Soundtrack:
'Dreams of Our Generation'
Remix 10
Title Theme
'Karate Man'
'I Feel Fine'
'I Love You'
'Beautiful One Day'

(Obviously all of the songs with lyrics would have a Japanese version selectable as well, just like with 'Ashley's Song' in Brawl.)
Missing Karate Man and Ringside parts of the stage but a cool idea nonetheless.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Why people saying that the chorus kids are a easy guess.
In my opinion are very odd character to be in Smash but a mascot or fan favorate can be in smash anytime like Pikachu and Capt. Falcon.
This guy is kinda sarcastic because in reality Rhythm heaven sells a lot in Japan and are extremely popular. More than Little Mac. There not only popular, They have a enemy in Smash Run. And...They make cameos in some Warioware games, and Wario is a huge gaming Icon. The only sad thing chorus kids are unkwon in the west, but in Japan are famous.

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
you never know we may get a track from harmoknight in the my music of a rhythm paradise stage
I'm surprised he isn't an assist trophy. Or a stage or something! He was a hero with a music note sword! They have a billion Pokeballs but no Harmoknight, get with it Sakurai. loljk peace!

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm not sure how I feel about 3 characters out at one time, if four people were using chorus men, that'd be TWELVE characters on screen. However, I love Rhythm Heaven and I'm interested to see how chorus men will be implemented.

Last edited:

SmashLover777

Smash Cadet
NNID
Starfy324
I'm not sure how I feel about 3 characters out at one time, if four people were using chorus men, that'd be TWELVE characters on screen. However, I love Rhythm Heaven and I'm interested to see how chorus men will be implemented.
I remember hearing people complain about this with Olimar and Rosalina since Olimar can have 3 pikmin and Rosalina has Luma. But aside from that they are a interesting trio to have and I am excited to see how they work together.

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
I remember hearing people complain about this with Olimar and Rosalina since Olimar can have 3 pikmin and Rosalina has Luma. But aside from that they are a interesting trio to have and I am excited to see how they work together.
Imagine if it was Alph, Charlie, and Brittany though. That'd be chaos. Hope the "Chorus Men" are one Chorus Man/Kid. Don't know too much about Rhythm Heaven. Like you say though, excited to see how they work.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I personally think that, from a programming perspective, the Chorus Men will be 1 character cleverly made to look like 3. If one is hit, all fly off. Maybe they hold hands when being launched or something.

Last edited:
Top Bottom