• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I'm betting Wario will appear in the Glee Club reveal trailer, like Mr. G&W in Pac Man's.

And to up the ante I'm also gonna bet that they'll have a gag where Wario laughs (Wa ha ha!) and the Glee Club copy it somehow (Waaa, Haaa, Haaa).

(also, I got both the DS and Wii RH games for 9 dollars each, so I'm pretty excited for the Glee Club even if I do suck at their specific minigame.)

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
At this point I'd be disappointed if Wario wasn't prevalent in their trailer. :laugh:

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
I want the trailer to start with Jigglypuff singing, and everyone prepares tomatoes. Then Chorus Men come up and back her up and everyone puts the tomatoes away.

SmashLover777

Smash Cadet
NNID
Starfy324
What do you think their trailer would look like?
I think something during in the gameplay trailer the moves they use are being shout out or a noise effect before they attack. Like let's say one of their moves was Flipper Roll, The guy who says Flipper Roll would shout something like, 2 Flipper Rolls!

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I want the trailer to start with Jigglypuff singing, and everyone prepares tomatoes. Then Chorus Men come up and back her up and everyone puts the tomatoes away.
An then one random maniac brings out a machine gun that shoots out tomatoes!

Random Maniac Shoots In!

:troll:

I do agree that a trailer that involves a humorous cameo by Jigglypuff would be great. Maybe they can have a singing competition.

Last edited:

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
Or how about the Smash Bros (and Sisters) are in the audience ansd Jigglypuff comes on stage. They are waiting for an extravagant concert but are bored/>ullabyed into falling asleep by Jiggly's song. Then the crowd goes silent, the camera snifts to the far back, other side of the stage. You hear voices singing in harmony joining in one by one as fingers snap. The spotlight lands on the curtains and familiar shadows appear. Durring a jazzy saxophone rift a voice joins in.. "And one, and two, and three- TOGETHER NOW!" The Chorus yelps so loud that the force from their voices rip away the curtains, tears down the stage, and (literally) blows away the crowd. Two of the men stop yelling, but one still won't shut its yap. The smoke blows away and reveals the three chorus men amomg the wreckage, the first two giving a dirty look to the third who is still going. After the third one stops they strike a pose and freeze frame as the "X Joins the Battle" pun screen (Chorus Kids Steal the Show?). It goes back into the cenamatic to show Jigglypuff digging herself out of the ground and tackles the Chorus Kids. The battle footage rolls the fist scene is Jiggly going in for the hit on the Chorus Kids. The Chorus Kids show off their dodge and counter-attack Jiggly. At the end the Orcastrator Man and the kids bow and everyone claps their hands while covered in bandages.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wonder if the Chorus Men will be like Pac-Man where they have other Rhythm Heaven characters appear in some moves... it would be funny to see the Wrestler pose with the reporter as a move.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The ending HAS to be similar to the result screen in Rhythm Heaven.
So trailer ends, the text appears (saying stuff like "You knocked Mario off his feet!"), superb ranking and image with a caption. (Chorus Kids celebrating with the text being something like "We did it! We're in Smash Bros!")
I wonder if the Chorus Men will be like Pac-Man where they have other Rhythm Heaven characters appear in some moves... it would be funny to see the Wrestler pose with the reporter as a move.
That's pretty much what most are going by. I'd like it to be more of a visual nod than actual summons though.

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Wait... they crossed over with the Wario Ware series? Does that mean when the Chorus Kids get revealed that Wario would get revealed as well?
Rhythm Heaven and the WarioWare series were created by the same guys and as for the second question, who knows. It'd be a great idea actually.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Wait... they crossed over with the Wario Ware series? Does that mean when the Chorus Kids get revealed that Wario would get revealed as well?
They didn't really cross over, the guys just made a cameo in the intro.
Although the game did have a good amount of Rhythm Heaven references, including the Wrestler in a cutscene and a Wandering Samurai micro game. Also the artstyle kind of merged with Rhythm Heaven but I think that's just the main artist unifying his style.

Last edited:

Mo433

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mo4233
3DS FC
0173-2195-9739
It is undeniable that we will get a Rhythm Heaven rep. The Chorus Men would be a cool choice, but I would prefer Karate Joe. Rhythm Heaven sold well on the DS and even got a sequel on the Wii, so a character from there is a given.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I just came across this picture:

So what do you think? I've been hearing that Sakurai might make some big announcement about the "?" mark space next to the Mii Fighters and that it might be a new character. If it is, does this mean that the Chorus Kids just might be our "mystery fighter"?:confused:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
#GleeClubSunday.

In all seriousness, I'm torn between it being a veteran or a newcomer. Though Rhythm Heaven is most popular in Japan, so there's a good chance they could be the mystery character.

We'll probably find out within the next 8 hours. I think the event already started...I think.

jimbozo

Smash Cadet
I'm hoping the reveal trailer is in full 2D at Club LOL. Jiggs just finished her solo and up next are chorus kids who start singing. they then here the audience (smash characters) booing them because of one of them screwing up (you). then they get mad and jump of the stage. Then it freezes and says... Chorus Kids Match The Beat...ING! they then jump off and attack off screen. Next, the game-play. and at the end it shows the audience beat up with the chorus kids wiping there hand off. Then karate joe shows up... and pats one on the head. THE END!

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I'll admit it, the idea of them has grown on me. I hated them when the leak first named them, but I think I could grow to love them with time, just as I have for Wii Fit Trainer and Greninja.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
bump!

so I think their victory animation has to be definitely something related to this:

or maybe something new/adorable like Pac-man's.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I didn't really care about Chorus Kids on the Gematsu leak originally, because I was too busy being hyped for Palutena (who was already a shoe-in) but the more I've thought about them, the more interesting they seem. I feel like they could be a very fun and unique addition to the smash roster. I would be happy to see them in smash 4.

SmashLover777

Smash Cadet
NNID
Starfy324
I want this to be a losing animation. Like if you fail one is clapping but is looking nervous and the other two are mad. Or it could be something else.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This thread's always coming up with ideas for the Kids themselves, but how should the conductor come into play? Should he be the new Pokémon Trainer and hang out in the background to give (rhythm) commands to the Chorus Kids?
Be a part of their Final Smash somehow?

etc.

SmashLover777

Smash Cadet
NNID
Starfy324
This thread's always coming up with ideas for the Kids themselves, but how should the conductor come into play? Should he be the new Pokémon Trainer and hang out in the background to give (rhythm) commands to the Chorus Kids?

etc.
I think for that my idea is that he could be represented with Kirby. It may sound weird but I think if Kirby sucks up the Chorus Kids he gets the Conductor's wig. Or like what you said he could appear as a victory animation saying Together Now! And then they nail it or he is in their Final Smash.

chronomantic

Smash Ace

etc.
I think he'd be too much if he's around. He could maybe do an appearance like Little Mac's trainer when he wins.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I actually like the idea of having the conductor in the background. Someone has to keep the Kids on tempo, after all. :p

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I like the idea of the conductor in the background, however I feel that his role would be shouting commands from the fourth wall.

"Together Now" and the like.

Maybe he'll show up in one of their victory poses a la Doc Louis.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Maybe the conductor could be in their Final Smash:

He says "Together Now" every 8th beat, and the player must press the button at that point to make the Chorus Kids scream.

Top Bottom