• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
question: do the chorus kids have a different name in europe?

a fair few of the characters from beat the beat/fever have different names in our version so i was wondering if the same was true on the ds version

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
I'm personally really hoping that the japanese humour/sketchy movement aspect of Wario is given to this new character, and Wario is more like in Wario Land this time around. I feel like that'd be a more appropriate use of the character.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
question: do the chorus kids have a different name in europe?

a fair few of the characters from beat the beat/fever have different names in our version so i was wondering if the same was true on the ds version
I'm not really sure...

I know that it's Chorus Kids in America and Chorus Men in Japan.

I would imagine that it's Chorus Kids but I'm not positive.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I can't think of what there moveset its too hard for me even though I made a Young Link Moveset It was Easy

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Chorus Men could be the next Mr. Game & Watch in their style and appearance. I'd really like it if they had the appearance of hand-drawn, two-dimensional characters in a 3-D world.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Well Sneaky Sprit is in 2-D so it probably means That Chorus Men would be 2-D like GAW So it would be cool what kind of Stage they can draw from the RH Franchise What kind of assists as well

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I decided to make Chorus Kid alts. For the most part I based these more off of the DS game to contrast my Marshal alts.

Of course with the exception of the wrestler.

Edit: Added 3 more and changed Karate Joe and Crop Stomper

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I basically figure that we'll see a dual trailer for the Chorus Men and Wario, it only makes sense considering they share the same artstyle and similar types of gameplay.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I decided to make Chorus Kid alts. For the most part I based these more off of the DS game to contrast my Marshal alts.

If you don't mind my asking, what does each alt. represent on the Chorus Kid? I understand that these are being arranged in such a way as to differentiate the Chorus Kids being prominent in Rhythm Heaven DS and Marshal being prominent in Fever, but I'm not sure what each is a reference to. As a matter of fact, could you also tell me what the alts. for Marshal represent as well. (And to an extent, the alts. for Ms. Rhythm, if you have the time, of course.)

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
If you don't mind my asking, what does each alt. represent on the Chorus Kid? I understand that these are being arranged in such a way as to differentiate the Chorus Kids being prominent in Rhythm Heaven DS and Marshal being prominent in Fever, but I'm not sure what each is a reference to. As a matter of fact, could you also tell me what the alts. for Marshal represent as well. (And to an extent, the alts. for Ms. Rhythm, if you have the time, of course.)
For these, it's:
Default, Blue Birds, Crop Stomp
DJ School, Ringside, Karate Man

Marshal's:
Default, Ringside, Karate Man
Crop Stomp, Exhibition Match, Samurai Slice

And Rhythm Girl's are just the different hair styles she's had in the games. Most of them are from covers of games or soundtracks, and one's from Tap Trial.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Looking at that symbol, do you think we'll get the cloud as a RH symbol or something else?
I'm thinking it won't be the cloud, but that's what I had at my disposal.

Wow, thank you!

It puts a big smile on my face to know that Chorus Kids are notable enough to get a banner like so.
Np!

And you can thank Sal for the latter part. :smirk:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Wow! This looks amazing, N3ON! Hey....could you tell me how to PM you? I have a bit of a favor I want to ask of you.......
Thanks! You can click on my name or go to my profile, click on "Information" and then click on "Start a Conversation" to create a PM between us. Or you can go to your PMs (the mail icon) next to your alerts and start a conversation from there. ;)

chronomantic

Smash Ace

Adorable! it suddenly hit me that the kids only have the bowties to cover themselves...
I love the bottom row the most.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Thanks! You can click on my name or go to my profile, click on "Information" and then click on "Start a Conversation" to create a PM between us. Or you can go to your PMs (the mail icon) next to your alerts and start a conversation from there. ;)
Okay, thanks! Listen, I'm going to try to start a conversation now, so I hope you're there!

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Obviously the kids are all about one thing: rhythm. And if it is true that the three kids would be battling together, would all of their moves be based on the rhythm gimmick (having to press it rhythmically and in a smooth motion to unleash the most powerful attack), or just some of the moves, such as smashes and specials?

I personally think that, if the rhythm gimmick is what I suspect it to be, then I can see the smashes and special moves be based on rhythm, and pressing the buttons in a row to unleash powerful attacks.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
It would be fascinating to see if they worked a mechanic into their moveset that rewards you for timing your attacks in tempo of whatever song is playing on the stage. But 1) That would take a ton of effort with the development team, and 2) Music can easily be buried by other sound effects, lots going on at tournaments, and mute buttons.

Duck$mash

Smash Cadet
Not sure if anybody has shared this already, but,

(CAUTION: One profane word in this video. If that is offensive, do not watch, but it is totally worth it! :awesome:)

Also, personally, I will be disappointed if the Glee club makes it in, but, if they do...

They better come in a throuple,
And they had better be 2d like G&W.

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
It would be fascinating to see if they worked a mechanic into their moveset that rewards you for timing your attacks in tempo of whatever song is playing on the stage. But 1) That would take a ton of effort with the development team, and 2) Music can easily be buried by other sound effects, lots going on at tournaments, and mute buttons.
Well they can fix that by having the gamepad/wiimote (alone or connected to an extension controller)/your 3DS system play a sort of metronome tapping sound when ever you select the Chorus Kids and the rumble-capable controllers can also vibrate giving a little tingle to keep you on the beat. The problems with that are A.) The metronome/ rumble may get annoying fast especially on fast-paced songs. B.) Your personal controller speaker can also get drowned out by the audience and loudnoises. C.) If you choose to use a GCN Wavebird controller it won't vibrate and won't be connected to anything that can vibrate or produce sound except the TV which other people will be using and can get drowned out. and D.) The idea of your own personal metronome sounds like something they woudn't go out of there way to include and making it required to play as the Chorus Kids sounds like a bad design move.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
This might only be tangentially related, but I think it might be enjoyed by those here.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Hey, I came up with this absolute monstrosity.
Doesn't deal with rhythm or anything similar, but it's a thought I had.

Take a look.
[collapse=Chorus Kids Gimmick ]you have been tricked for there is nothing here. [/collapse]

Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I'm impressed!

I'm also legitimately afraid of what nonsense could be had with that moveset. 10/10, would read again.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Actually, probably gonna change it up since I realize some major flaws in hindsight. Will post update version soon.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
New BitF comic shows a Sneaky Spirit! It seems our pal Matthew has heard the Gematsu Leak and may be showing his support for the boys his own special way.

D

Deleted member

Or he's just, you know, putting in a ghost among Nintendo's other ghosts in a comic about ghosts in response to Pac-Man, the "hunter of ghosts".

Top Bottom