• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Never played RH, but if we got a second RH character, nothing would make me happier than Jazzhands Monkey.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I really like the Wrestler + Reporter idea. It seems both hilarious and interesting. +1 to that for Smash 6.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
So the other day I dreamt about the Sal leak.
In it, there was another Direct. Chrom was tossed in rather unceremoniously, and shoved aside quickly for the Chorus Men.
It showed two generic Chorus Men standing blankly, and then Marshal was moved to the center, making a trio. They showed gameplay of the trio acting like the Ice Climbers, but much more restricted in how their AI wanders off. They were basically layered, and it looked cool. Then they swapped out Marshal for some pink girl and later some blue guy. The stats and traits of the choir changed depending on who lead them, and I remember being blown away by that gimmick.

Oh and of course, Shulk was teased but never shown.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
That's actually an interesting gimmick.
I'd rather Chorus Kids just be Chorus Kids, but that idea is pretty cool.

And were these the guys?
image.jpg

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
The blue guy wasn't as tall and thin, but other than that, yeah. Especially the girl.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I was neutral on this character. I have never played a Rhythm Heaven game, but it does look like a fantastic game with a lot to offer. I am certainly excited for what a rhythm heaven character could bring.

I hope they use the chorus kids design and not marshall. Personally, Marshall looks like he is trying too hard to be cute. I personally am not a fan of his design while the Chorus kids are cuties. :3

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Of all the characters to get celebrity endorsement... :laugh:

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
Beyonce love the Chorus Kids!!! :3
Lol, I posted the exact same thing a while ago.........(clearly no one saw it :ohwell:)

Also, just thought I should mention I'm making a Chorus Kid moveset, if not on here today It'll be on here by tomorrow, I guarantee it. Trying to make it as different from my Marshal one as possible (and I kind I have to considering the teamwork aspect).

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Look! Chorus Kid amiibos! (...but not really)

Wait....so these are NOT real?!...............NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (No, but seriously, did you make that yourself? I honestly thought this was straight from Nintendo for a few seconds and that it meant they were confirmed for Smash 4. But, where can I get those adorable little figures?

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Wonder if a Chorus Kids amiibo will have all three.

Depends on their Smash 4 render, I guess.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Wait....so these are NOT real?!...............NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (No, but seriously, did you make that yourself? I honestly thought this was straight from Nintendo for a few seconds and that it meant they were confirmed for Smash 4. But, where can I get those adorable little figures?
Just something I found while I was looking for Rhythm Heaven wallpapers. I assumed they were something someone just made for fun once, but on further inspection it appears that they're available on the creator's etsy shop!

...that is currently on vacation. Hopefully "be back soon in June" means June 2014. :)

Figures on DeviantArt

Creator's Etsy

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I hope soo that SalRomano leak don't confuse the chorus kid with Marshall because there almost identical but still a different characters (Marshall is like the rejected 4th Chorus Kids).

Since Pac-Man was announced as a playable and was more hype than Palutena... The chorus Kids HAVE potential to be in Smash bros and their move-set can be based of the Rhythm Heaven Series. But is play style need to be very rhythm style, even is final smash need to have a rhythm based moved and play style. The Chorus Kids are the perfect rival to Wario that somehow, both worlds are connected. (Even the Space bunnies can travel between both worlds...and there lot weird stuff in both worlds and cute pop singer in both worlds...)

Oh yeah the game really not went in east but in the west in JAPAN was kaching kaching everywhere 5 times better than little mac. Fire emblen still don't have a enemy in Smash run, but Rhythm Heaven get one, and no one even the best reviewers of gaming can't even suspect the ghost was from rhythm heaven. Sakurai was smart showing those guys... It was the enemy from fire emblem awakening, you know those Fallen enemy, is there were show in the demo, Chrom appearance is not a surprise to anyone for its popularity but a enemy from Rhythm Heaven the sneaky Spirits that is very hard to obtain the minigame in Rhythm Heaven Fever was the only moment that the sneaky spirit was show in the east (whyout internet for sure) and Japan already knew about those guys Years ago in the gameboy advanced era! (When the first first Rhythm Heaven game know as Rhythm Tengoku in japan was released in 2006!!!)

The possibility of the Chorus Kid are very very high. even Sakurai is hiding all the trophy, assist trophy, items and even stage of rhythm heaven but he can't hide the sneaky spirit from our eye.

Oh yeah I got Rhythm Heaven DS and the Rhythm Heaven Fever because I love that series and complete the Remix 10 in ok and Super in both versions, I have couple of Gold and I did Donk-Donk perfect rank almost whyout air.

Support this guy, count me in!!! Im waiting for august their anniversary and their kicking-butt appearance!!!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Something tells me that the illustration will be done by Ko Takeuchi, the character/graphics designer for Rhythm Heaven and WarioWare. Which does get me sort of curious because I'm interested in the varies characters being depicted in that art style. Hell, maybe have the reveal trailer also be in that style and have varies characters preform actions that mimic the rhythmic style of the minigames in Rhythm Heaven games.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Something tells me that the illustration will be done by Ko Takeuchi, the character/graphics designer for Rhythm Heaven and WarioWare. Which does get me sort of curious because I'm interested in the varies characters being depicted in that art style. Hell, maybe have the reveal trailer also be in that style and have varies characters preform actions that mimic the rhythmic style of the minigames in Rhythm Heaven games.
Ooooh I didn't think of that.

That'd be really neat. I love the Warioware (and by extension, Rhythm Heaven) art style, so I'd love seeing various Nintendo characters that way. Wario is a given if he gets revealed.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
This is probably the closest 3d model of the Choir Kid I could find.

Ignore the Ridley.. It's not the best 3D model of him, I'm sure Sakurai can improve upon it in Smash 4.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
This is probably the closest 3d model of the Choir Kid I could find.

Ignore the Ridley.. It's not the best 3D model of him, I'm sure Sakurai can improve upon it in Smash 4.
They could give him either a cell shaded outline or create an inward facing outer shell to the character similar to cofagrigus in the 3ds pokedex model (I don't know how to explain it better). There are also more advanced shaders and programs than can achieve similar or better results.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I would imagine that they'll be hand-drawn 2D models.
Sneaky Spirit is already in this style so I expect most, if not all, Rhythm Heaven content to be like so.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
Okay so here is the advanced moveset, I'll add in weight, jump, idle animations, taunts, victory poses and stuff like that later, this is just for the moves that do damage. I also would like to include links to the minigames some of the moves originate from at a later date.

Overview: The Kids work as a trio and after each attack, shuffle through very quickly. (Ex: A jab combo uses one kid, a forward aerial right after would use another). The shuffle is quick enough where attacks can be connected together easily with minimal lag and allow for the rhythm based moveset "gimmick" that I will explain. There is a set order they shuffle in but there aren't any special effects to each kid or something like that since that would be way too complicated with the timing gimmick. Some attacks like Smash attacks and special moves are joint attacks though that have all 3 attack at the same time. Similar to Little Mac's KO bar a music staff and time signature appears near the character icon to tell the tempo/ speed of attacks. You don't need to know how to read music either since notes are shown moving toward the staff at the speed you should do the attacks to get optimal damage. (Think Synthesia) By linking attacks together to the "rhythm" the attacks are more powerful then they would have been, thus the emphasis on it. There is a way the default tempo (which I still haven't decided) can be changed as I will explain below. Obviously, the kids wouldn't be super powerful or anything but think strong, combo-ing characters that can be dangerous if underestimated. I also designed them to be pretty darn unpredictable!

Jab: Karate Man: PPK combo leading into a punch flurry with a short range flowerpot punching finisher
F-Tilt: Lockstep: Strikes the lockstep pose, opponents can be hit by both the knee and arm
U-Tilt: Tambourine: Thrusts a Tambourine upwards. Good knockback.
D-Tilt: Tap Dance: Taps one leg down twice. Double hit.
Dash: Flipper Flop: One of the Chorus Kids performs 1 Flipper Roll in the desired direction

N-Air: Rockers: Strums electric guitar in midair making a small shockwave. Stuns opponent and causes electrical damage.
F-Air: Air Rally: Swings a badminton racket forward which hits the opponent diagonally
B-Air: Dog Ninja: Uses two short swords for a "cross" slice. Very good knockback.
U-Air: Space Soccer: Kicks his foot upward as if kicking an airborne soccer ball. Opponent goes upwards.
D-Air: Splashdown- Swan dives onto opponent meteor smashing them. Causes water damage to the area and if an opponent is hit the Chorus Kid "alley-oops" back up.

U-Smash: The Clappy Trio- All 3 Chorus Kids clap above themselves spawning musical notes. Small vertical range but lots of horizontal range and great knockback
F-Smash: Drummer Duel- All 3 Chorus Kids hit a giant drum together causing a large shockwave. Great knockback and great damage
D-Smash: Crop Stomp- All 3 Chorus Kids stomp the ground around them. Buries opponents as if hit by a pitfall. Good for combo opportunities but not exactly a kill move.

Grab: Claps hands together trapping opponent.
Pummel: Figure Fighter- Jabs opponent like a punching bag with that grin of theirs....I'm calling it Chorus Kids will be the new "Villager" meme
F-Throw: Exhibition Match: Pitches the opponent forward like a baseball....yes, the Chorus Kids are that strong.
B-Throw: Ringside: Pose for the fans! The opponent strikes one of the wrestler's poses as a Chorus Kid acts as the reporter only to kick them away
U-Throw: Love Lab: Shakes opponent like a love lab potion and throws them upward, to prevent game-breaking chain-throws the opponent is thrown pretty high, yet, actually making this move very suitable for combo followups.
D-Throw: Flock Step: Walks across opponent and jumps on them sending them forward

Special Attacks:
B: Glee Club- Press the B button to make a Chorus Kid sing, hold it down some more to make the 2nd and 3rd Kids (not at the same time) join in, increasing the power and range of the attack. This creates a music shock wave around the Kids which causes good damage when fully charged. What is unique about this is that you can hold it at this fully charged state for weaker area damage (the kids will just keep singing) or use it has a quick powerful attack if you store it that blasts back opponents.
Side B: Munchy Monk- A chargeable move. One CK throws a handful of peas in quick succession. The peas to minimal damage but quickly tappping B allows another CK to eat them allowing for a little bit of health regeneration. Charging it creates an egg which gives a short power and speed boost to the kids if eaten.
Up B: See-Saw- The see-saw from See-Saw spawns under the kids. One kid is on one side (the one that has shuffled in/currently in use) and the other 2 are on the other side. The weight of the 2 launches the sole Chorus Kid upwards. The see saw can be used a total of 3 times in one move. If the Chorus Kid lands back on the See-Saw he in turn will launch the other 2 Chorus Kids upwards who will crash back down launching the sole Kid upwards even higher, if the Chorus Kid lands back on the seesaw again the other 2 will once again be launched upwards and come crashing down again launching the sole Chorus Kid even higher than the second jump. After that, the see saw disappears and the 2 other Chorus Kids appear next to the sole one when (or if) he makes it back to the stage). In the air, as a recovery, the see saw floats where the move was activated while on the ground it stays in place and can be a semi-powerful move if used in that way due to the shockwaves caused by the kids landing. (Note: the move happens a lot faster than it sounds)
Down B: Big Rock Finish- As stated above, you can change your tempo and this is the move that allows you to do so. This move spawns a green guitar, blue guitar and drumset in that order that all do the same thing, stay in place and emit music waves that can damage foes. The instrument spawned only lasts for 10 seconds but causing damage isn't its main purpose (though it is good for stage control while it lasts). The instrument changes the tempo at which the Chorus Kid's moves gain the optimal damage when linked together. The Music Staff near the icon will change to accomodate the new tempo as well. While the instrument lasts it serves as yet another visual for the "tempo" of the moves. I imagine each instrument would switch to a tempo set to the specific instrument so pro players can actually master the character. Can't be used in succession because it has an internal "clock" similar to Wario Waft.

Please give feedback! There are quite a bit of things I'm not too keen on with this moveset especially the Side B, currently working on ways to differentiate it and also a good teamwork based FS.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I would imagine that they'll be hand-drawn 2D models.
Sneaky Spirit is already in this style so I expect most, if not all, Rhythm Heaven content to be like so.
Maybe they could use the style used for Guilty Gear Xrd, where everyone looks and behaves like a 2D sprite but are actually 3D models.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Or like Mr. Game & Watch? The Guilty Gear Xrd models just shift into 3D for dynamic shots and supers, I thought.

Would be even cooler if their outlines would have a soft squiggle effect to them like in their minigame. Kinda reminds me of Ed, Edd, 'n' Eddy. Although, I'm really curious on how they would look like as fully-animated 3D models.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
I come bringing more animations! They're... not as good as the first one I made last week but, I think they get the point across.

complete animation post here

I used @ TumblrFamous TumblrFamous 's F-tilt idea for this and tweaked it a little. You input the button press 3 times, for potentially 3 hits. If the opponent is hit by the first Chorus Kid, they'll be guaranteed to be hit by all 3 hits, no matter what percentage they're at. Or, if the opponent is farther from you, you can try to just hit them with the long reach of the 3rd hit! It's up to you. The only thing to be aware of is that you must do all three attacks in rhythm. It doesn't matter how fast or how slow you do it, (don't go too slow or the attack will just cancel) but they must be in rhythm. This means that you can always at least get a second hit off no matter what, but if the third doesn't match the beat of the first two, then... well...

I didn't animate the start or ending of this, but I think you get the idea. The range of this move is deceptive since the radius of all three chorus kids combined is much bigger than when they're all packed together.

...are they gonna be okay?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I come bringing more animations! They're... not as good as the first one I made last week but, I think they get the point across.

complete animation post here

I used @ TumblrFamous TumblrFamous 's F-tilt idea for this and tweaked it a little. You input the button press 3 times, for potentially 3 hits. If the opponent is hit by the first Chorus Kid, they'll be guaranteed to be hit by all 3 hits, no matter what percentage they're at. Or, if the opponent is farther from you, you can try to just hit them with the long reach of the 3rd hit! It's up to you. The only thing to be aware of is that you must do all three attacks in rhythm. It doesn't matter how fast or how slow you do it, (don't go too slow or the attack will just cancel) but they must be in rhythm. This means that you can always at least get a second hit off no matter what, but if the third doesn't match the beat of the first two, then... well...

I didn't animate the start or ending of this, but I think you get the idea. The range of this move is deceptive since the radius of all three chorus kids combined is much bigger than when they're all packed together.

...are they gonna be okay?
Awesome! I love them both! Can't wait to see more!

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
Whether or not we get one or all three Chorus Kids for Smash,

I like thinking that Marshall Left the Chorus Kids for a while to host Rhythm Heaven Fever.
Similar to how their conductor left the Clappy Trio from Rhythm Tengoku (GBA).
The group finally reunited when his duties of hosting were done,

Marshall took the train to return to his group and the three go on tour with Sal Out from WarioWare.
Then Eventually finding their way into Smash 4.

Just a fun theory XD

Last edited:

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
Beyonce for Smash!

But seriously, I'm not loving the idea of the Chorus Kids, just because of the obscurity of the pick. Especially if Lucas doesn't get in. However I picked up Rhythm Heaven for Wii at Kmart yesterday for $5, so I am going to try it out and hope it warms me up to the character a little bit.

If it turns out the Sal leak isn't true, it looks like they will have at least some presence in the game, especially with the sneaky spirit confirmed.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I saw Rhythm Heaven for the first time (or maybe just the first time I noticed it) at Wal-Mart the other day and immediately thought of Sal's leak haha.

I still feel like this is such an off the wall pick, and I wouldn't mind their inclusion at all.

Top Bottom