• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

TheLegendOfVenusaur

Smash Apprentice
He totally is. Why else would he be mentioned only when talking about the bosses in Smash? I'm pretty sure that he was shown the way he was is because of the people who aren't familiar with Metroid. It lets them wonder who that was. The people who support Ridley now are literally grasping for straws, hoping for something that isn't there to begin with.

Look, I can continue this, but let's save that for the Ridley thread, not here.

We now return to your scheduled Chorus Men discussion. Sorry for the slight derailment.
Not wanted to cause confrontation but when they were talking about bosses, Ridley moved to slow and calm for what he would if he was a boss. Ridley is supposed to be fast and viscous so it would just seem weird if he was like that. There's also a very unreliable rumor that he grabs Pikachu at the end but I haven't found any evidence to this.
NO MORE RIDLEY DISCUSSION!!!!!!

TheLegendOfVenusaur

Smash Apprentice
So.. I decided to make some...

ANIMATIONS
I thought it'd be fun to animate these guys, and after animating some rad moves, people will start to see how cool they could be. I'd appreciate it if people could send me their move ideas! It'd be tough to come up with all of them by myself. (Now, I can't guarantee that I'll animate your move if you send one in, but I'll certainly try to animate any really good ideas I get!)

So, here's what I have so far:

Idle Animation

I have one of the chorus kids done; I'm not sure how to position the other two though...

It's more representative of how they are in their game to have them like this, but they would be taking up a ton of horizontal space on the stage for just one character. (But maybe that's an intended advantage?)

Having them be more behind eachother like such would make more sense in Smash I think, but then you don't get to see the other two kids that well D: Although, it's certainly possible that they could be like this while idle and then they move away from eachother while attacking.

Yeah, I don't have much yet... I just started a few hours ago lol. I'll update this post whenever I finish new animations though!​
I like the idea that if you grab a ledge, the rhythm kids make a human chain, holding onto the ankles of the one above.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Hell, I support them. Seeing the other newcomers' uniqueness this time around, I'm confident that the Chorus Kids will be unique as well (that counts for Shulk and Chrom too.)

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I agree with Angelglory, the development team has been doing some really cool stuff with these newcomers that I wasn't really initially expecting to see from them.

Out of the three remaining characters in the Gematsu Leak, the character I'm most looking forward to seeing has to be the Chorus Kids. Mostly to see what they'll do with them. So yes (albeit very late), I'd love to join the Choir too.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So much Chorus Kid hate. It's really sad. :crying:

I suppose that everyone will be proven wrong soon enough, but we're going to have to deal with crap arguments for another few months.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It's best to ignore them and not be bothered about it, really.

The hate will eventually fade away as the game releases, and in return we'll hopefully get the character. It's a payoff if you think about it.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Guysguysguys, I just thought of a good idea for the 3DS Rhythm Heaven Stage.
~Wrestler~
The concept is pretty simple at first, you're fighting in the scenario of Wrestler, all the way at the back of the crowd (but this time not very big crowd, so you can still see the "Interview" going on), but when the Wrestler is about to do his little flexy-thing, some Rhythm Heaven characters holding signs pops up and does sorta like a "1, 2, 3" in rhythm, then the Wrestler flexes at the "4".

"Why, is this so?" You see, it's because when he flexes, the background around him will change for a little bit and send out a Tabuu-like Shock Wave (Only not OHKO, but still powerful, let's say... about the power of Mario's Forward Smash.), which players will have to sheild, side-step, ect. at the same time as the "4" in the rhythm to avoid being harmed.
(Also @ Spinosaurus Spinosaurus happy 1000th post! :D)

Last edited:

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I didn't even realize that Nintendo owned the rights to Rhythm Heaven's characters.
I've seen lots of parody videos of the game, but only recently watched the actual games themselves. I didn't even realize that they had a few games out already. Besides smash, the warioware series is my favorite game, so the art style of rhythm heaven appeals to me alot, and its got co-op too!?! I gotta get this game!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I didn't even realize that Nintendo owned the rights to Rhythm Heaven's characters.
I've seen lots of parody videos of the game, but only recently watched the actual games themselves. I didn't even realize that they had a few games out already. Besides smash, the warioware series is my favorite game, so the art style of rhythm heaven appeals to me alot, and its got co-op too!?! I gotta get this game!
It'd be cool to show Wario and Chorus Men in one vid like they did Charizard and Greninja. We start out in Diamond City, where Wario is picking his nose, sees the camera, then punches it. Then proceeds to show some gameplay, before we hear "Aah, Aah, AAH!"
and he gets blasted out of the arena, we zoom into the three heroes in white, in 2-D, and see...
CHORUS MEN MAKE THE SCENE! Before Gameplay of the two characters shows.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
I got an idea for a color swap, what if they wear ties instead of bow ties? I don't know, think it could look funny.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace

I suppose that everyone will be proven wrong soon enough, but we're going to have to deal with crap arguments for another few months.
To be bluntly honest, it seems a good amount of Gematsu leak detractors are either in denial ("What if Sal meant a Rhythym Heaven Representative character AKA The Wrestler instead of Chorus Men?"), do not want to admit they were wrong, cannot be creative enough to create a move-set for Chorus Men, or, most imperatively, do not want a playable Chorus Men to get in the way of their precious character predictions. I specifically mention Gematsu leak detractors, because they are usually all-inclusive with Chorus Men detractors themselves.

Of course, it is entirely possible Sal's inscrutable source could have meant a Rhythm Heaven character instead of Chorus Men, but nonetheless the hostility is still rancid towards the support-base.

Last edited:

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
So this question may have been posed already, sorry if it has, but how many people in the 'choir' would see Marshal (for example) as a de-facto victory for this thread? Or do most people here feel fully invested in the kids specifically? I fully want a RH fighter regardless of who it is, and Marshal just makes more sense to me. A rhythm based move set is already unique and challenging enough as it is, and compounding it with an unprecedented three-in-one character would seem strange. Plus Marshal would make more sense for incorporating various attacks based on different mini-games. I'm happy either way personally, just wanted to know what you guys thought.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
I'd like the Chorus Kids over Marshal personally.

Here's the finished idle animation! I'll update my main post with it.

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace

I don't mind one bit. The real sad part is that some of them don't like the leak because their favorite character is not in it.
actually somebody should do one of those 'your tears' gifs with the Kids in it :laugh:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
So this question may have been posed already, sorry if it has, but how many people in the 'choir' would see Marshal (for example) as a de-facto victory for this thread? Or do most people here feel fully invested in the kids specifically? I fully want a RH fighter regardless of who it is, and Marshal just makes more sense to me. A rhythm based move set is already unique and challenging enough as it is, and compounding it with an unprecedented three-in-one character would seem strange. Plus Marshal would make more sense for incorporating various attacks based on different mini-games. I'm happy either way personally, just wanted to know what you guys thought.
I'll take Marshal, sure.

But at this point, I really want the Chorus Kids. haha

I'd like the Chorus Kids over Marshal personally.

Here's the finished idle animation! I'll update my main post with it.

Love the shifty eyes from the two! Haha

Last edited:

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Sadly Chorus Men are going to be the Rob of this game, hated, despite being a unique character. But people will realize after the first month of crying over the roster that they (hopefully) are a unique and fun character to play as.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
This is going to sound really, really weird, but I've always found Marshal too... let's say generic. I haven't played any of the RH games (mostly because I'm really bad at rhythm games), so I'm probably talking out of my ass here, but Marshal just lacks the personality that the CK have.

Sadly Chorus Men are going to be the Rob of this game, hated, despite being a unique character. But people will realize after the first month of crying over the roster that they (hopefully) are a unique and fun character to play as.
If this happens, I eagerly await the CK's version of the 'Do you love me now?' Ridley/ROB image.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I wouldn't consider it a victory at all, actually.
Sure, Rhythm Heaven gets a character, but Chorus Kids represent the series better and could be a lot more interesting and fun.
Chorus Kids were here first: without them Marshal wouldn't even exist.

Besides the fact that Chorus Kids were used to advertise Rhythm Heaven DS (almost exclusively), most minigames feature groups of two, three, or four, keeping rhythm together and following each other's movements.
Chorus Kids represent this perfectly.
Plus, they're actually music based.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I wouldn't consider it a victory at all, actually.
Sure, Rhythm Heaven gets a character, but Chorus Kids represent the series better and could be a lot more interesting and fun.
Chorus Kids were here first: without them Marshal wouldn't even exist.

Besides the fact that Chorus Kids were used to advertise Rhythm Heaven DS (almost exclusively), most minigames feature groups of two, three, or four, keeping rhythm together and following each other's movements.
Chorus Kids represent this perfectly.
Plus, they're actually music based.
If we were to get a Rhythm Heaven rep before them, it should be the Rhythm Girl.

Last edited:

Starmarxman

Smash Rookie
So.. I decided to make some...

ANIMATIONS
I thought it'd be fun to animate these guys, and after animating some rad moves, people will start to see how cool they could be. I'd appreciate it if people could send me their move ideas! It'd be tough to come up with all of them by myself. (Now, I can't guarantee that I'll animate your move if you send one in, but I'll certainly try to animate any really good ideas I get!)

So, here's what I have so far:

Idle Animation

Yeah, I don't have much yet... I'll update this post whenever I finish new animations though!​
I just thought of a move based on a few earlier posts. Basically, they were talking about how the character's moves might not actually be rhythm based, and instead be based on the third kid always doing the move off rhythm or doing something different entirely. The move is also slightly based on the Karate minigame. Here it is:
The first two kids punch in unison, followed by the third kid doing a kick that is *very* slightly delayed compared to the other two. After the move is completed, the first two give the third the sideways stare that is in the idle pose.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
@ Pacack Pacack
I agree that Rhythm Girl makes sense, but Chorus Kids are more music based and overall representative of the franchise.

On a side note, Marshal's inclusion hardly interests me in the slightest.
I've tried to get interested but Chorus Kids just have so much more potential.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
@ Pacack Pacack
I agree that Rhythm Girl makes sense, but Chorus Kids are more music based and overall representative of the franchise.

On a side note, Marshal's inclusion hardly interests me in the slightest.
I've tried to get interested but Chorus Kids just have so much more potential.
Again, if we were to get someone besides them. They are the more ideal choice still.

Is that first one an official boxart? I don't recognize it.
I'm pretty sure it is.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
@ Louie G. Louie G.
Can I be a type of admin of sorts for the Chorus Kids? It would be the perfect story, a non-believer to full-fledged advocate! I'm also, sooner or later, gonna work on a moveset for them!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
@ Louie G. Louie G.
Can I be a type of admin of sorts for the Chorus Kids? It would be the perfect story, a non-believer to full-fledged advocate! I'm also, sooner or later, gonna work on a moveset for them!
It's possible. :p There are a few people in here that I want to give some power to.
Me, you, Hippopotasauce, Opossum, Maraphy, and Spinosaurus seem very vocal and excited about supporting them. Among others, of course. I just worry about people feeling less important as supporters.
I'll put something into effect soon, expect it to pertain to Glee Club...

I'm glad to see that you support them so much! Can't wait to see the moveset, I'm working on one myself as well.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Really just want to see the expressions that these guys can pull off. Almost starting to think some people would warm up to them if not for the fact that the only faces anyone's seen are the straight face and the screaming one.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Really just want to see the expressions that these guys can pull off. Almost starting to think some people would warm up to them if not for the fact that the only faces anyone's seen are the straight face and the screaming one.
Gonna be honest, the look of disapproval is 90% of what won me over.

the other 10% was how silly they look; i like my silly characters

One thing I don't understand... Why do we need three of them? There were three in the minigame, but does that really matter?

Top Bottom