• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Even if Gematsu said this character is gonna make it as a leak and Sneaky Spirit showed up as an enemy, why do I get the feeling that he may not appear as a character. Assist trophy maybe, but the Chorus Men, um not sure how I feel about this. I am sorry. I just have mixed feelings at the moment. I mean if he makes it, that would be cool, but I am just saying.

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
This seems so stupid, I'd rather have a character that doesn't fit Super Smash Bros, like Master Chief appearing than this. I really have a feeling that when this "leaker" guessed a couple of characters correctly, I bet he just trolling with people, I mean who else could be serious that Wii Fit Trainer could actually make it in.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
This seems so stupid, I'd rather have a character that doesn't fit Super Smash Bros, like Master Chief appearing than this. I really have a feeling that when this "leaker" guessed a couple of characters correctly, I bet he just trolling with people, I mean who else could be serious that Wii Fit Trainer could actually make it in.
Wouldn't Wii Fit Trainer's inclusion help the Chorus Kids?
And have you ever played Rhythm Heaven or seen Rhythm Heaven being played?
Just because you want someone impossible like Master Chief over the Chorus Kids doesn't mean Sakurai is going to suddenly change his mind and say "whoops, Doompatron3000 doesn't want Chorus Kids, let's stop working on them".
Sal wouldn't throw a character like Chorus Men into his leak for trolling purposes, considering nobody even thought of the idea up until he mentioned it.

Plus:
image.jpg

Last edited:

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Although it's hard to choose because of how many lend themselves to Smash Bros, here are some songs I could see featured on a Rhythm Heaven Remix stage:

Rhythm Rally
Shoot-'Em-Up
Freeze Frame
Tears of a Dog Ninja
Space Soccer 2
Munchy Monk Circus (complete with "one go, one go, two go go...!")
Love Ooh Ooh Paradise
Love Lizards
Remix 2

It would be odd not to hear some form of Glee Club in the game, assuming the Chorus Kids are in it, so maybe either a remix or medley featuring the song.

Last edited:

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Add me to the list as well when you get a chance.

Edit: Thanks!

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I just realized how much more exciting this would have been to come as a surprise rather than knowing about it 6 months early.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
Although it's hard to choose because of how many lend themselves to Smash Bros, here are some songs I could see featured on a Rhythm Heaven Remix stage:

Rhythm Rally
Shoot-'Em-Up
Freeze Frame
Tears of a Dog Ninja
Space Soccer 2
Munchy Monk Circus (complete with "one go, one go, two go go...!")
Love Ooh Ooh Paradise
Love Lizards
Remix 2

It would be odd not to hear some form of Glee Club in the game, assuming the Chorus Kids are in it, so maybe either a remix or medley featuring the song.
Needs Love Lab

Dreams of Our Generation and Remix 10 would be awesome as well as other people have already mentioned.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
No love for Tengoku's WISH?

Still amazed they pulled that off on the GBA.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I just realized how much more exciting this would have been to come as a surprise rather than knowing about it 6 months early.
Normally. I would agree, buuuut...

The leak reintroduced me to this wonderful series.
Which is why Chorus Kids will always be one of my favorite additions to the series.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I will say that it's actually more beneficial to talk about Chorus Kids now to reduce the amount of confusion and hatred the character may bring.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What are exactly all appearances of the Chorus Kids? And what, besides singing do they do?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
What are exactly all appearances of the Chorus Kids? And what, besides singing do they do?
They appeared in Rhythm Heaven for DS, and made a cameo appearance in Game and Wario.

They only sing in Rhythm Heaven, but their potential mainly comes from the rhythm based playstyle they would have and the variety of minigames in Rhythm Heaven that they can pull moves from.

They have the potential to be one (or three) of the zaniest and most unique fighters Smash has to offer.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ironic that we might lose the first rhythm based character in the process though. :lucas:

Starmarxman

Smash Rookie
When I first heard about the leak, I was beyond skeptical. I didn't know much about the Chorus Kids, but I knew one thing: They didn't have anything that could really work as a moveset. After Pacman got confirmed, I decided to look up information about the leak. It was there that I found out that Megaman, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Pacman, Palutena, and Miis (did I miss any?) had all been accurately predicted by the leaker. At that point, I was convinced. After seeing the spooky spirit in that Smash Run video, I started to think that they were already a character in the game and just hadn't been confirmed, and at this point I'm fairly certain that Sal has inside information about the game. Anyways, a rhythm-based fighter seems like a great idea, and looking at DK's "new" Final Smash, I can definitely see Sakurai putting in a character based entirely around that gimmick.
I'm definitely supporting this. Put me in the choir, even though I can't sing worth crap. I'll just play trumpet instead.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Ironic that we might lose the first rhythm based character in the process though. :lucas:
Lucas had rhythm elements? We aren't talking Project M right?
I never really play Lucas so I wouldn't know.

Chorus Kids are 100% rhythm. I mean, maybe smashes and aerials will just be one hit moves, but even then I think rhythm based combos can also come into play.

I think I'd probably buy their game if they were in SSB4
I would recommend you buy it anyway.
I got my copy for 5 bucks, it's worth every penny and more.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
You know what add me to the support list at this point I'd be happy with any rhythm paradise character

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Fever's Remix 8 is clearly the best song, guys.

Damn, if any series has the potential to bring the best music, it's Rhythm Heaven.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
No love for Tengoku's WISH?

Still amazed they pulled that off on the GBA.
Holy ****. How is that song possible on the GBA?

Also, that's original music, and could be on a Rhythm Heaven stage, right? Right?? I need it.

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't Wii Fit Trainer's inclusion help the Chorus Kids?
And have you ever played Rhythm Heaven or seen Rhythm Heaven being played?
Just because you want someone impossible like Master Chief over the Chorus Kids doesn't mean Sakurai is going to suddenly change his mind and say "whoops, Doompatron3000 doesn't want Chorus Kids, let's stop working on them".
Sal wouldn't throw a character like Chorus Men into his leak for trolling purposes, considering nobody even thought of the idea up until he mentioned it.

Plus:
View attachment 16486
I never said I really wanted, hell I would rather have neither, it's just that a game based solely on music doesn't seem like you could get much out of it. Assist Trophy? An easy enemy to beat? Sure they could do both, but an entire fighter? And don't you think even in the slightest, that since he got such a ridiculous character right, don't you think he would guess on an even more crazy possibility?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I never said I really wanted, hell I would rather have neither, it's just that a game based solely on music doesn't seem like you could get much out of it. Assist Trophy? An easy enemy to beat? Sure they could do both, but an entire fighter? And don't you think even in the slightest, that since he got such a ridiculous character right, don't you think he would guess on an even more crazy possibility?
I could make a moveset for a rhythm series far more easily than I could for Wii Fit Trainer. In fact, I could make a moveset for a rhythm character more easily than ROB or the Ice Climbers. A potential trio character, that's a bit more complicated, but honestly it's not very difficult to come up with something for Smash based on rhythm given the playable characters we already have.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Wii Fit and Animal Crossing aren't really fighting game material...
image.jpg

D

Deleted member

They appeared in Rhythm Heaven for DS, and made a cameo appearance in Game and Wario.

They only sing in Rhythm Heaven, but their potential mainly comes from the rhythm based playstyle they would have and the variety of minigames in Rhythm Heaven that they can pull moves from.

They have the potential to be one (or three) of the zaniest and most unique fighters Smash has to offer.
One Chorus Kid appeared in Fever as part of the endless Munchy Monk game.

....and yes, that is a Chorus Kid, not Marshal.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

Louie G.

Smash Hero
One Chorus Kid appeared in Fever as part of the endless Munchy Monk game.

....and yes, that is a Chorus Kid, not Marshal.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that one.

Thanks for the reminder.
Just goes to show the trio's ongoing importance to the series.
Cameos in future games and even outside of the series.

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
This guy had a stage, and an assist trophy in Brawl, yet there is no code found in the game for the Villager as a fighter. We really shouldn't be taking something like an enemy found in Smash Run as confirmation that he is indeed in the game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This guy had a stage, and an assist trophy in Brawl, yet there is no code found in the game for the Villager as a fighter. We really shouldn't be taking something like an enemy found in Smash Run as confirmation that he is indeed in the game.
The only enemies in Smash Run come from series with playable fighters, from what we've seen. Why would Rhythm Heaven be an exception?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
There's also the fact that Rhythm Heven of all series got an enemy.

A series that doesn't have any real enemies, or any real heroes.

Top Bottom