• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of songs we'd love, though, OH MY GOD THIS SONG. WANT.

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
The only enemies in Smash Run come from series with playable fighters, from what we've seen. Why would Rhythm Heaven be an exception?
Smash run also has enemies from Brawl's Subspace Emissary, they don't have playable fighters (unless you just want to count all fighters as their "playable" representatives)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Smash run also has enemies from Brawl's Subspace Emissary, they don't have playable fighters (unless you just want to count all fighters as their "playable" representatives)
Funny enough, the Mii Fighters have the Smash symbol, so technically the Smash series has a playable fighter. :p

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Sneaky Spirit is not a well known or iconic enemy by any means.

It'd be weird to have them in the game yet no character from Rhythm Heaven.
It wouldn't make sense.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
How about something a bit more fitting for fighting? I have played the minigame for this one so much that I can't help but tap my fingers to the beat.

We seriously need a separate thread for Rhythm Heaven music once a rep gets confirmed. :laugh:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
You see my supports icons? Then you see who's in there, right? IM'MA JOININ' THIS CHOIR!

These little guys don't just appeal to me because Sal Romano, but they have the potential to be a very original character never before adapted to a fighting game. The last time I saw something like that was that one Skullgirls concept for The Triplets, but that never came about. Nor would it have worked the same as the Chorus Men.

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
Funny enough, the Mii Fighters have the Smash symbol, so technically the Smash series has a playable fighter. :p
You got me their, but, really what symbol were they supposed to have? A W? That's Wario's. I guess a stick figure could've worked, but, still :ohwell:........

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You got me their, but, really what symbol were they supposed to have? A W? That's Wario's. I guess a stick figure could've worked, but, still :ohwell:........
For the Miis? I dunno, I always felt the "Mii" letters/symbol worked fine. Although the Crown from Find Mii is there for the stage, and there's one other I think we've already seen.

Either way, using the Smash symbol I guess makes sense, since the "Mii Fighter" concept is technically original.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
The Miis technically have a symbol. But I guess the fact that they can just be swapped and incorporated into any Wii/Wii U/3DS game makes them a crossover character per se.

BUT NEVERMIND THEM! HAVE SOME SWELL RHYTHM HEAVEN OST:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I didn't even know this was a thing.

Color Swap, perhaps? They're even singing "ALT!"

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
The Find Mii Crown, Wii logo, Mii logo, miiverse symbol, etc.

Miis had a lot to choose from. Lol
You know, I did find that the Subspace enemies did have their own symbol.

I guess they didn't want to put the Mii's symbol up, or maybe they are just using the smash symbol for some reason. :ohwell:

D

Deleted member

The SSE icon was never actually used to label anything; anything SSE related was given the Smash icon, even in Brawl.

SmashWiki merely has its own icon to separate SSE original content from the other Smash original content.

D

Deleted member

On another note, SSE technically does have a playable character anyway.

He was the "Subspace Emissary" by definition, after all.

.....which has nothing to do with Chorus Kids. Sorry.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Man I love this thread, glad to see that we have "regulars".
Our love for Chorus Kids and great music bonds us together.

I've always found "I can't see it" a poor argument. There are some characters that I couldn't imagine in Smash Bros until. I saw them myself. To really understand Chorus Kids, you just need a little imagination.

Or a love for Rhythm Heaven. Or both.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
I would love to be a part of the support Choir!

The Chorus Kids are absolutely adorable, and I can easily see them fitting in with the rest of the Smash crew. A rhythm/music based moveset is too perfect to pass up.

Also, this song is my life:

Last edited:

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
So, since every newcomer pretty much has their own stage, what do you think the Chorus kid's stage is? I guess it could take place in the choir room, but have guest appearances from all of the popular Rhythm heaven characters.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I was thinking "Rhythm Cafe" for a Rhythm Heaven stage.

You fight in the Barista's Cafe, while the stage transitions to different minigames from the series.
So yeah, a Warioware style stage.

All that while goofy and catchy Rhythm Heaven music plays in the background.
I'll be playing on this stage quite a bit (especially the Final Destination version, because competitive).

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Here's my music list, as of now at least.

Glee Club - A no brainer, really.

Struck by the Rain/Lonely Storm - I want to hear both of these songs in the next Smash, and since Lonely Storm is in response to Struck by the Rain, we could put them together in a "Karate Man Medley".

Young Love Rock 'n' Roll - Alright, let me get this straight. I love this song. It always pits a smile on my face even though the lyrics are quite cheesy. It's got a lot of charm, and I could see it being remastered for Smash 4.

Rhythm Rally - It's such a chaotic, fast paced song that would fit in perfectly with the Smash Bros atmosphere and is actually pretty representative of Rhythm Heaven music in general.

Dreams of Our Generation - This one's a must.

Remix 10 (DS) - This way we can squeeze in all of the songs from Rhythm Heaven.

Remix 10 (Fever) - This way we can squeeze in all of the songs from Fever.

Rockers - I was torn for the last track, but I ultimately decided that Rockers would sound really nice remastered with real instruments.

Oh, keep in mind that I have not played Rhythm Tengoku.
However I feel that DS and Fever have more notable tracks.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Struck by the Rain/Lonely Storm - I want to hear both of these songs in the next Smash, and since Lonely Storm is in response to Struck by the Rain, we could put them together in a "Karate Man Medley".

Young Love Rock 'n' Roll - Alright, let me get this straight. I love this song. It always pits a smile on my face even though the lyrics are quite cheesy. It's got a lot of charm, and I could see it being remastered for Smash 4.

Rhythm Rally - It's such a chaotic, fast paced song that would fit in perfectly with the Smash Bros atmosphere and is actually pretty representative of Rhythm Heaven music in general.

Rockers - I was torn for the last track, but I ultimately decided that Rockers would sound really nice remastered with real instruments.

Needs more Stealthy Rat. :p

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord

Nice list, I'd personally add "Beautiful One Day"

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
How about something a bit more fitting for fighting? I have played the minigame for this one so much that I can't help but tap my fingers to the beat.

We seriously need a separate thread for Rhythm Heaven music once a rep gets confirmed. :laugh:
I actually think these 2 fit fighting very well:

EDIT: Especially See-saw, it is just to awesome to leave out.

Last edited:

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
So, since every newcomer pretty much has their own stage, what do you think the Chorus kid's stage is? I guess it could take place in the choir room, but have guest appearances from all of the popular Rhythm heaven characters.
Built to Scale or something like "Remix" where it goes through different locations of notable RH minigames. Built to Scale has been in pretty much every game though and a stage is an easy way of recognizing it.

EDIT: Sorry for the 2 posts in a row, should have edited my original.

Last edited:

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
I was thinking "Rhythm Cafe" for a Rhythm Heaven stage.

You fight in the Barista's Cafe, while the stage transitions to different minigames from the series.
So yeah, a Warioware style stage.

All that while goofy and catchy Rhythm Heaven music plays in the background.
I'll be playing on this stage quite a bit (especially the Final Destination version, because competitive).
I was also thinking of this as a stage, only instead of a Rhythm Heaven minigame gimmick, I thought it would be cool if there would be live performers playing the background music for the stage.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
You need to seriously play that game. Like, seriously. Then you can come back and get rid of that horrifically inaccurate second sentence.

As people mentioned here before, WISH alone is probably one of the best Rhythm Heaven tunes ever included in a remix.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
So.. I decided to make some...

ANIMATIONS
I thought it'd be fun to animate these guys, and after animating some rad moves, people will start to see how cool they could be. I'd appreciate it if people could send me their move ideas! It'd be tough to come up with all of them by myself. (Now, I can't guarantee that I'll animate your move if you send one in, but I'll certainly try to animate any really good ideas I get!)

So, here's what I have so far:

Idle Animation

I used @TumblrFamous 's F-tilt idea for this and tweaked it a little. You input the button press 3 times, for potentially 3 hits. If the opponent is hit by the first Chorus Kid, they'll be guaranteed to be hit by all 3 hits, no matter what percentage they're at. Or, if the opponent is farther from you, you can try to just hit them with the long reach of the 3rd hit! It's up to you. The only thing to be aware of is that you must do all three attacks in rhythm. It doesn't matter how fast or how slow you do it, (don't go too slow or the attack will just cancel) but they must be in rhythm. This means that you can always at least get a second hit off no matter what, but if the third doesn't match the beat of the first two, then... well...

I didn't animate the start or ending of this, but I think you get the idea. The range of this move is deceptive since the radius of all three chorus kids combined is much bigger than when they're all packed together.

...are they gonna be okay?

Yeah, I don't have much yet... I'll update this post whenever I finish new animations though!​

Last edited:

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Whoah, everyone in this thread needs to hold onto their horses for just a moment, please, whoah, stop. How has no one posted the best song (and from the best mini-game no-less?) Lockstep!

Ok, carry on.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Even though I'm hesitant on the idea of a playable Rhythm Heaven character, I would very much like to see one of their levels be made into a stage, or even one that has all of them a la WarioWare. I played the DS game when it first came out in 2009, and ironically enough it was Super Smash Bros that got me into it in the first place with this video:

So now it all comes back in full circle.

Themagnificentmoldy

Smash Apprentice
So.. I decided to make some...

ANIMATIONS
I thought it'd be fun to animate these guys, and after animating some rad moves, people will start to see how cool they could be. I'd appreciate it if people could send me their move ideas! It'd be tough to come up with all of them by myself. (Now, I can't guarantee that I'll animate your move if you send one in, but I'll certainly try to animate any really good ideas I get!)

So, here's what I have so far:

Idle Animation

I have one of the chorus kids done; I'm not sure how to position the other two though...

It's more representative of how they are in their game to have them like this, but they would be taking up a ton of horizontal space on the stage for just one character. (But maybe that's an intended advantage?)

Having them be more behind eachother like such would make more sense in Smash I think, but then you don't get to see the other two kids that well D: Although, it's certainly possible that they could be like this while idle and then they move away from eachother while attacking.

Yeah, I don't have much yet... I just started a few hours ago lol. I'll update this post whenever I finish new animations though!​
You could make their side smash the "Pu-Pu-Pu-PANCH" from Space Dance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6trzRsn_W5M
You could also have their grab be that one of them grabs the opponent, while the other two hit them by doing Lockstep-esque movements

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I've posted this idea for a stage before.

[collapse=Rhythm Remix]
Rhythm Remix

Rhythm Remix, as a stage, would function very similarly to Flatzone 2 and Castle Siege, but with a twist. There are a load of different level layouts, and there is no set order.
When the stage first begins you always start on Karate Joe's flat level, and functionally it's identical to Final Destination. However, when it comes time to change, two exclamation points will flicker in a corner to the beat of the music, a girl will shout "1, 2, 3, 4", and one of the eight other layouts are chosen entirely at random.

----
An explanation of the individual stages, from the top left:
Hole in One has you on the island in the background. The only platforms are the leaves of the tree and the island itself, water surrounds both sides
Screwbot Factory is a flat plane with a walk-off edge on the left. The conveyor belt moves toward the left, so you always have to be on the move.
Working Dough is a flat plane with three platforms above, very similar in layout to Mario Circuit. Metal orbs will rush above as well.
Built to Scale is viewed from the side, with you walking on the same pane as the white line. There is a wall on the left but pits on either side. Occasionally a block will pop out from the right as an extra platform
Air Rally has you fighting on the two planes, similar to the Pilotwings level. Sometimes the plane on the right will move into the background, leaving only one to fight on.
Ringside has you fighting on the exterior of the Rhythm Arena, with the ground, awning, and roof as platforms.
Samurai Slice gives you one platform on the left, with a wall of vines on both the left and right. Only vertical KO's are possible.
Karate Man is a flat plane like final destination, with pits on either side as well.
Bossa Nova is a single cloud platform that rises, with branches from the left and right coming down as platforms.
----

It's pretty much Pokemon Stadium, but with no inbetween phase, and yet another twist.
Depending on the music track selected, the speed that the level transforms at changes. Here are a few of the music choices, and how fast it causes the level to change.

Remix Smash - This track is special in particular because it matches whichever layout is currently active, and smoothly transitions between whichever is coming up next. Each of the songs are fixed to play at the same beat, and the layouts last for 30 seconds each. The exception is the Karate Man layout, which acts as an introductory period and only gets 10 seconds.
Lonely Storm (Japanese)/(English) - These two songs are much more generous in time, and give 42 seconds per level layout, which is familiar to those who have played Castle Siege.
Wish - Can't Wait for You - This track is only slightly different from Remix Smash, in which it gives every layout 30 seconds including the introductory Karate Man level.
Rhythm Title Medley - More hectic matches will result from choosing this one, because each layout will last only 20 seconds each.
Remix 10 - For the particularly daring, this one will test reaction time. The level layout will change every time the music switches between minigames. This will cause some layouts to last longer than others, while others may only get five seconds or less before the level changes.

I believe this is probably the best way to capture the feeling of the Rhythm Heaven games while still making the level playable and easy to understand.
Another thing you might be concerned over is the fact that the level may change and send you over a pit. However, Castle Siege dealt with this problem by giving you both of your jumps when it occurred, so I can see this running under the same principle.
[/collapse]

I haven't actually read it in months so I'm not sure how much is accurate to my beliefs now.

TheLegendOfVenusaur

Smash Apprentice
This is the leaked newcomer that I'm the most dubious of. Has anyone thought of a moveset? Three guys going at once? It's possible but I'm not sure how. Wasn't there a rumor that the Ice Climbers were giving the devs trouble? This would be worse. This is the one that makes me not believe the Gematsu leak. Prove me wrong if you must, but I just hope Nintendo makes them fun and interesting, but they don't seem to mesh in my mind with the other characters.
Dude, if they can do rosalina and luma then Ice Climbers should be ok. But three characters might be a different story.

Top Bottom