• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So what music would you guys like to hear from the series? It's an important question and I'm surprised we never brought it up. :p

I personally would love to hear some vocal arrangements a la Warioware in Brawl.
Struck by the Rain, Lonely Storm, Young Love Rock 'n' Roll, and Love Rap would be nice to hear remastered.

I would also like to hear Remix 10 from both DS and Fever, among a few other arrangements.
I'd like to hear a jazzy upbeat version of Glee Club, and/or a remastered version of a Rhythm Rally.
Either one of those would be great in the Chorus Men reveal trailer.

Themagnificentmoldy

Smash Apprentice
So what music would you guys like to hear from the series? It's an important question and I'm surprised we never brought it up. :p

I personally would love to hear some vocal arrangements a la Warioware in Brawl.
Struck by the Rain, Lonely Storm, Young Love Rock 'n' Roll, and Love Rap would be nice to hear remastered.

I would also like to hear Remix 10 from both DS and Fever, among a few other arrangements.
I'd like to hear a jazzy upbeat version of Glee Club, and/or a remastered version of a Rhythm Rally.
I really want to see dreams of our generation; whether it be the Japanese or English version.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Just a theory, but what if...
WHAT IF...
IT WAS...
MARSHALL WITH 2 CHORUS MEN.
Y'know, like, Marshall would be the "Popo", and the 2 Chorus Men would be the "Nana"s. You control Marshall, and the Chorus Men follow around.
Also, put me in dat Choir list.
I SUPPORT

Louie G.

Smash Hero
To be honest...

I don't want Marshal involved at all.
Let's just let Chorus Kids do their thing.

After all, Marshal was based off of the Chorus Kids.
It's kind of unfair for him to barge in and take center stage, in my eyes.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I see what you mean, I was just wondering.
I would honestly would like just the Chorus Men/Kids, but you never know. :Y
EDIT: Someone reply, I have an Idea for the Chorus Men's Trailer, and I don't wanna double post. :U

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
PUT ALL SONGS

I'm gonna have a field day in listing my favorites, which I'll do tomorrow. Probably.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Pretty much all the vocal songs from Fever would be great. English and Japanese versions, maybe toggle between the two with the d-pad so they don't take up so much space in My Music.

And since the 3DS stage would be limited to two, I'd put in Remix 8 from Heaven and then Can't Wait for You from Tengoku.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Huzzah, someone replied. Okie dokie. Trailer time. Put your imagination caps on.
  • Trailer Begins with the fire thingy, black screen for a bit.
  • Then, a beat starts to play for a bit, with the black screen still there.
  • Then the Wii Fit Trainer does her little "1, 2, 3!" in time with the beat, with footage finally appearing.
  • Villager's Pocket "Vvrmp" SFX joins in with the beat.
  • Mario's Dair "Wah-hoo!" and Luigi's entry "Let's-a Go..." SFX Join in.
  • Mr. Game & Watch's Bell Taunt SFX join in with the beat, blending in well.
  • Lucario's Aura Sphere charging + firing SFX and Pac-Man's "Waka-Waka" SFX join in.
  • As Sonic's Homing Attack charge + attack SFX join in, the "Aah, Aah, Aah" SFX from the Chorus Men slowly fade in, "Together Now!" "AAHH!" included.
  • As the beat goes on, the camera shows a zoomed-in version of Rhythm Heaven stage, slowly panning towards the Chorus Men on the battlefield, singing along with the music, along with the introduction Tagline (something like "CHORUS MEN Join the Choir!", along those lines), and the gameplay-demo begins.
  • Shows off most of the Moveset, with a small bit of their Final Smash being shown at the end, but the screen fades to black to soon to fully see what it is, and the SSB4 Logo flashes on screen like it always does, then re-fades to black before the copy-right screen shows.
  • After the screen is fully black once more, it shows a "Results Screen" like the Rhythm Heaven games do after a minigame is done, "Supurb" rank included, then the Copyright Screen appears, and the trailer ends.
...And that's my imagining of it.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord

Among others of course. I just think this one is a must.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
  • After the screen is fully black once more, it shows a "Results Screen" like the Rhythm Heaven games do after a minigame is done, "Supurb" rank included, then the Copyright Screen appears, and the trailer ends.
This part is absolutely goddamn brilliant.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Love that, @ Bedoop Bedoop
This thread got insanely popular
and I actually think they will be the august direct reveal, now.

So... I am sold.
Not that I ever did not want them.

Now i just want to play their game.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I used to be indifferent to the thought of Chorus Men being playable but after thinking about it for awhile, I've come to really like the idea.

Add me to the choir (list)! ♪

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
Since WarioWare and Rhythm Heaven are created by the same companies, and are animated in a similar style. I wouldn't doubt that Chorus Kid(s) will be announced alongside Wario in a WarioWare/Rhythm Heaven Styled Animation Trailer.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
To be honest...

I don't want Marshal involved at all.
Let's just let Chorus Kids do their thing.

After all, Marshal was based off of the Chorus Kids.
It's kind of unfair for him to barge in and take center stage, in my eyes.
Ya, in my opinion the reason why the Chorus men are so funny and cute is because they look identical to each other, it would kinda be ruined with Marshal. Also I think i forgot to ask but could you add me to the choir please.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
shes on screen like it always does, then re-fades to black before the copy-right screen shows.
Don't wanna brag or steal credit but I actually thought of this as well haha, except after the superb we'll get the "ending" with the text "We did it! We're in Smash Bros.!"
Let's hope they do that. Also expecting the RH announcers to come in the trailer and call out the moves. Kinda like Doc Louis in Lil Mac's trailer.
Since WarioWare and Rhythm Heaven are created by the same companies, and are animated in a similar style. I wouldn't doubt that Chorus Kid(s) will be announced alongside Wario in a WarioWare/Rhythm Heaven Styled Animation Trailer.
I HOPE so! Wario is my favorite character and I'm dying to see him already, so I'd love to see him revealed together with my most wanted newcomer (before the game was even announced) in the same trailer.

Plus, they kinda count as second Wario reps. Warioware and Rhythm Heaven are pretty much sister franchises, with cameos and everything.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I have an out there idea for how they could round off the starting roster

You may call me crazy but here it is- How do you guys feel about the possibility of Sakurai revealing the last three characters on the Gematsu leak in another Smash-focused Direct in August?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I have an out there idea for how they could round off the starting roster

You may call me crazy but here it is- How do you guys feel about the possibility of Sakurai revealing the last three characters on the Gematsu leak in another Smash-focused Direct in August?
It could happen, but don't get your hopes up. :c

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think the direct will have one character. I think one character will be revealed before then. And I'm still not certain Chrom is a character.

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Well I don't know about it for Tengeku's Release because they announced Little Mac on DK Tropical Freeze.. Heck E3 is the same day Xenoblade and who do we get? iiM Pollution and Waka Waka last year no shulk either instead we get Killager Super fighting Robot and Agatha Christie so I would not bet they would be revealed on August 6th..oh and Food for Thought mini discussion you know how the sneaky spirit was an enemy in Smash Run? here is my Question if it was supposed to be leaked why did they not include a Game And Watch enemy knowing Full well they would reveal him and Pac-Man that day on e3? seems strange to me...

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
R.O.B Well I would not mind Double Date I just think there are better songs to pick instead of Double Date like the ending theme from Fever

Speculator

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up, but nouns in Japanese often don't have plural forms. Depending on what sort of information the Sal leaker has access to, it might not be "men" at all.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Oh so that means its still possible for them to be a trio but called Chorus Man in Japanese?

Speculator

Smash Ace
Oh so that means its still possible for them to be a trio but called Chorus Man in Japanese?
Right. In the Japanese versions the Ice Climbers are always referred to as "Ice Climber", so presumably the same would be true of the Chorus Kids. That's why I'm wondering where this information came from. If he had some sort of access to an English build, maybe something like they have at the Treehouse, then I find it curious he would be able to so accurately name "Mii Fighter" but slip up on "Chorus Men" rather than "Chorus Kids". I suppose it's possible he saw the character(s) in action without seeing the English or Japanese name and simply isn't that familiar with Rhythm Heaven characters, but even so it doesn't take much more than a quick Google search to find out what they're called.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Right. In the Japanese versions the Ice Climbers are always referred to as "Ice Climber", so presumably the same would be true of the Chorus Kids. That's why I'm wondering where this information came from. If he had some sort of access to an English build, maybe something like they have at the Treehouse, then I find it curious he would be able to so accurately name "Mii Fighter" but slip up on "Chorus Men" rather than "Chorus Kids". I suppose it's possible he saw the character(s) in action without seeing the English or Japanese name and simply isn't that familiar with Rhythm Heaven characters, but even so it doesn't take much more than a quick Google search to find out what they're called.
But if he only SAW the characters, he would have just said "Miis" instead of "Mii Fighters".

Of course, he did do that until right up to E3, so maybe he HAS received updated information.

Last edited:

Speculator

Smash Ace
But if he only SAW the characters, he would have just said "Miis" instead of "Mii Fighters".

Of course, he did do that until right up to E3, so maybe he HAS received updated information.
Good point. With his leaks both happening so close to E3, is it possible he just has early access to some kind of E3 promotional material? Although that raises another question. If they didn't intend to show Shulk, Chrom or the Chorus Kids at either E3 conference, why would they have promotional material ready to go?

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Good point. With his leaks both happening so close to E3, is it possible he just has early access to some kind of E3 promotional material? Although that raises another question. If they didn't intend to show Shulk, Chrom or the Chorus Kids at either E3 conference, why would they have promotional material ready to go?
Maybe they just have the CGI trailers ready to go?

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Most likely they do have CGI Trailers up and running but hold back on them because so have other newcomers in them I'd guess

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
I heard from somewhere that the leaker was leaking promotional materials, but I honestly don't even really know what that could mean besides the trailers. A fact sheet he found somewhere maybe?

About the man vs men thing; if I didn't know Japanese and saw Ice Climber / Chorus Man, I'd probably just call them Ice Climbers / Chorus Men seeing that there's more than one climber/man. actually, I'd still do that knowing japanese :$

_yuna

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
Chorus Kids being in Smash would lend credence to the thought that if Star Wars Kinect was on a Nintendo console, we would have a dancing Han Solo in the roster.

But in all seriousness; if Chrous Kids do make an appearance, and the Just Dance protagonist - that's you that's reading this right now - does not. Then I will be very disappointed.

Just Dance has unrivaled potential in regards to moveset options. 100% a Katy Perry track? You do a one-hit ko smash attack going in all directions, across the entire screen, staying true to the wii-mote+nunchuck combination, and its meticulous 1:1 tracking!

But what about the Final Smash you ask? Well, fret not, I have taken it upon myself to deduce what would be the most appropriate Final Smash for the Just Dance character. A drawn version of Morten Harket singing "Take on me" would burst through your TV, and have a dance off with the other players. If they lose they are condemned to eternal imprisonment inside a comic book version of an 80's diner.

D

Deleted member

On the subject of music, if we can't get Wrestler as a character, then Ringside needs to be a song.

EDIT:
Look at who owns Just Dance: Ubisoft.
Look at who owns Rhythm Heaven: Nintendo.

Regardless of whether or not the Chorus Kids show up, we would not get anything from Just Dance.
Keep discussion about Just Dance out of this thread and into a general 3rd Party thread or its own (if there is no thread, make one and keep discussion there).

Last edited by a moderator:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Please don't troll here @ _yuna _yuna .
The difference between Rhythm Heaven and Just Dance is that one is a Nintendo series, while the other clearly isn't.
I'm going to leave it to you to figure out which one I'm talking about.

In other news, the Choir has been updated with the most recent supporters.
If I forgot you somehow please let me know.

Scoob

Smash Apprentice
To address the problem of no plurals in Japanese, I think it is possible the group may be referred to as "Glee Club". It's singular and more directly references what they are.

D

Deleted member

Seems I have to whip this out again...

1:59
コーラスメン
koorasumen
Chorus Men
Outside Japan, they are the "Chorus Kids" instead.

I can confirm that the コーラスメン and Chorus Kids labels are used in Rhythm Heaven DS' "roll call" as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom