• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
B Soundwave: Depending on how B is tapped (up to three times), the Chorus Kids can shoot three separate sound projectiles in a line. Weak Knockback. Or if timed correctly, the second soundwave will collide with the first and the third with the merged other two, forming a concussive sound boom explosion.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Hello! It's fun to read all the different debates, theories, and heated arguments ideas about the Chorus Kids.
I decided to give it a shot and give my 2 cents.

Whether you believe they will be a character or not is not my concern. I am not telling you what to believe.
I am simply putting my ideas on how they would play.

Please do not let me mediocre Photoshop skills defer you from reading.

Theory #1
The Pokemon Trainer Theory

This idea should be pretty obvious. Only one of the chorus kids fight at once, while the other two
sit in the background and presumably make silly faces when the one in combat gets hit...

Such a qt

In all seriousness though, this is my favorite idea of the 3, and I think it is the most likely.
For his final smash, the 2 background singers (See what I did there?) would teleport to the
foreground to do a group attack.
It's not like you would notice them teleporting due to the camera panning when it's activated.

Theory #2
Single Fighter

Our cool little Chorus Kid could act as a single fighter.
I know there is supposed to be three, but no one said there has to be three.
Hell, no one said he's even confirmed in the first place.

But as he attacks, the other kids would pop up to sing, punch, kick - whatever to aid him.

Once again, ignore the photoshop, I don't expect them to really be headbutting people...
I was too lazy to make anything else.

Theory #3
Three Fighters...Connected

Yes, this might as well be my third theory.
This is probably the most ridiculous of the three, and the one I do not think is likely.
But hey... the whole character is ridiculous in the first place.

NO, this would not function like 3 Ice Climbers.
The character would literally consist of three of them, connected. When the main one
uses a smash attack, it would be similar to the "Single Fighter Theory" and the other ones
would jump forward to punch, kick, or sing.

When the main kid jumps, the other ones follow.
When he gets knocked back, the other ones follow.
I think number 3 would be the most ideal but maybe it'll be too confusing following them all? it could work, that or number 2 sounds great too.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The enemies from all samurai games (from each iteration) definitely all make sense.
They could also have the aliens from Shoot-'Em-Up on the DS
I can actually see the shadows from Samurai Slice being an assist trophy. Like, a portal appears and the various shadows attack.

There's probably better AT options though. Wrestler, DJ, and especially the monkey or Karate Joe.

Last edited:

Scoob

Smash Apprentice
This is the leaked newcomer that I'm the most dubious of. Has anyone thought of a moveset? Three guys going at once? It's possible but I'm not sure how. Wasn't there a rumor that the Ice Climbers were giving the devs trouble? This would be worse. This is the one that makes me not believe the Gematsu leak. Prove me wrong if you must, but I just hope Nintendo makes them fun and interesting, but they don't seem to mesh in my mind with the other characters.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I encountered the Sneaky Spirit, I didn't get the chance to defeat it as I was being tossed around by some other enemies at the time. He was one slippery little guy; it just sort if disappeared and danced around. Didn't even attack me.
Not sure if it means anything for the Chorus Kids in particular, but it is a good sign for a Rhythm Heaven. We've yet to see an enemy in Smash run from a series with no playable characters (some series have no enemies, but that's another story).

chronomantic

Smash Ace
This is the leaked newcomer that I'm the most dubious of. Has anyone thought of a moveset? Three guys going at once? It's possible but I'm not sure how. Wasn't there a rumor that the Ice Climbers were giving the devs trouble? This would be worse. This is the one that makes me not believe the Gematsu leak. Prove me wrong if you must, but I just hope Nintendo makes them fun and interesting, but they don't seem to mesh in my mind with the other characters.
Moveset is not a problem, Sakurai has proven he can make one from scratch. We obviously don't know if it's three at once or if it's only one and he can summon the two left.
They wouldn't mesh well? you say that with a Villager in your avatar...plus if a 2D Mr.G&W is in the Kids can be even more so.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Found these fan arts (comics?) at NeoGAF and I thought I'd share them here because they're adorable.

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
well I suppose they could make for a unique fighter in the series

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Oh those are adorable. Any idea what the big text under the kids in the first one says?
It's hiragana for "anata", which is "you" in Japanese, as in the player.

Since the player is the one who screws up, the blame goes to the kid with the "you" label. It's a cute idea.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Now if Chorus Kids are going to put emphasis on consecutive hits like I am anticipating, I would expect there either being a mechanic that increases damage for every successful hit, or have a passive charging mechanic that is influenced by successfully pulling off moves which eventually upgrades their special attacks for one usage signalized by the conductor proclaiming "Together now!".

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Just got done playing Rhythm Haven Wii for the first time. I tried the DS one a long time ago and lost it. After playing the wii one, I realized how cool a character from this series could be. So many possibilities.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Three characters at once isn't much of a problem anymore when you have Olimar with all of his pikmin out on the 3DS version.

Everything else was answered by another poster above me.

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Three characters at once isn't much of a problem anymore when you have Olimar with all of his pikmin out on the 3DS version.
I feel like he is just a placeholder of some sort. He could use other characters as his attacks, sort of a random thing like Wario.

Tides

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoichx
Damn it, now I've fallen in love with these guys! Add me to the choir! Chorus Kids for SSB4!

Also I'm just going to leave this here

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey everyone, I just want to start off by saying I'be been on a bit of a fix where I think of the voice acting Nintendo's had over the years, and I was thinking of a voice actress for the Chorus Kids. So what would you all think if all 3 kids were voiced by (and mind you, this is wishful thinking on my part.) Tara Strong in SSB4? (if they were confirmed as playable, of course.) I don't know why, but I can just imagine them with Timmy Turner-like voices in the game, but this is probably because I've seen their minigame, Glee Club, and for a while, I actually thought they were voiced by Tara Strong herself, considering the "Baa!" sound they make in Rhythm Heaven DS. But now I feel if Nintendo were to do it, I'd be happy about it.
Found these fan arts (comics?) at NeoGAF and I thought I'd share them here because they're adorable.

Oh My G-O-S-H, This is the cutest thing I've seen all day today!!!:love:

Hey Louie, I can't believe I forgot to ask this, but can you add me to the "Choir", please?:)

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm really excited to finally see the Chorus Kids.

It will be a great day for us.
And a terrible day for everyone else.

We shall take shelter from the butthurt in this thread, our home.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
It's tough wanting a character that is almost universally disdained. It's not like Ridley where it's controversial but still pretty much wanted by the majority. Almost makes me not want to see him confirmed.

Almost.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Here is a rough idea for a Chorus Men Neutral B, Glee club.
The Chorus Men use the power of their voices to create a damaging field around them. The chorus men have super armor while the move is being performed. This attack has 4 stages, each of which is activated consecutively by properly timed pressing of b. The first stage is simple:

One chorus man sings, creating a field represented by the circle. The hitbox hits repeatedly and very rapidly, similarly to P:M Lucas' down b.
Shortly after Stage 1 begins, b must be pressed again in proper rhythm to initiate stage 2:

It is important here to note that when Glee Club is performed, you are in for the long haul. Should you fail to properly perform the next button input the attack will end, and the 3 singers will exchange annoyed looks for roughly 1.5 seconds, leaving them extremely vulnerable.
In stage 2, 2 chorus men are singing, leading to 2 distinct areas of effect. The inner area is Zone 1, the outer is Zone 2. In stage 2, zone 1's power increases, and zone 2 has a strength equivalent to Zone 1 in stage 1. A third sucessful button press will activate stage 3.

now all 3 Chorus Men are singing! Like stage 2, zone 1 becomes even more powerful, zone 2 becomes as strong as stage 2's zone 1, and zone 3 is as strong as stage 2's zone 2.
Stage 4 concludes the move. An offscreen voice says "All together now" and the 3 singers fire a very fast, very high knockback shockwave extending to the outside of zone 3.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
It's tough wanting a character that is almost universally disdained. It's not like Ridley where it's controversial but still pretty much wanted by the majority. Almost makes me not want to see him confirmed.

Almost.
I don't think the Chorus Men are universally disdained. I've seen more support for the three than disdain.

Though I have seen a LOT of butthurt when Ridley did get deconfirmed as a boss for Pyrosphere.

chronomantic

Smash Ace

Almost.
What can I say I was rooting for Tingle :laugh:

Like I said before people are going to change their minds if once they're revealed. How many times I have read already 'I never cared about Pac-man before but now...'

Laniv

Smash Champion
I support!

By the way, has anyone thought of a Final Smash for these guys?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I support!

By the way, has anyone thought of a Final Smash for these guys?
I thought that maybe the whole Rhythm Heaven cast could come in and trample everyone.

I was also thinking that it could be DJ School, where the Kids get a hold of DJ Yellow's equipment and blast music, causing the opponents to take damage and massive knockback.

Think Tabuu.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I don't think the Chorus Men are universally disdained. I've seen more support for the three than disdain.

Though I have seen a LOT of butthurt when Ridley did get deconfirmed as a boss for Pyrosphere.
Ridey isnt deconfirmed dude.

And I am excited to get to play as the chorus kids, should they appear. They'd be a real hoot.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I love these dudes. Though I would prefer just Marshal, this is fine.

I get very annoyed when people say they hate the Sal leak because or these dudes. Literally every character that has been hated has changed everyone's minds once they're revealed (Pac-Man, Mii, Little Mac...) so why can't people open their eyes and see that Sakurai only puts in characters he knows he can create an incredible moveset for?

Themagnificentmoldy

Smash Apprentice
It'd be cool if there was a little "P" above their icon with the text, "Go for a Perfect!" next to it, A la Little mac's KO meter. Every time an attack is performed to the beat, the "P" fills up with pink a bit. Every time a hit misses the beat, it goes down. Not as much as when it fills, maybe about half of that. Once it's filled to it's fullest, every move the chorus kids use is significantly more powerful.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I get very annoyed when people say they hate the Sal leak because or these dudes.
I hate the sal leak for Chrom.
I even asked the Chrom thread to get me pumped for him (I was being sincere, trying to pre emptively get excited because he just seems as stupid of an addition as Toon Link is), and no one could do it!

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
Ridey isnt deconfirmed dude.

And I am excited to get to play as the chorus kids, should they appear. They'd be a real hoot.
He totally is. Why else would he be mentioned only when talking about the bosses in Smash? I'm pretty sure that he was shown the way he was is because of the people who aren't familiar with Metroid. It lets them wonder who that was. The people who support Ridley now are literally grasping for straws, hoping for something that isn't there to begin with.

Look, I can continue this, but let's save that for the Ridley thread, not here.

We now return to your scheduled Chorus Men discussion. Sorry for the slight derailment.

Last edited:
He totally is. Why else would he be mentioned only when talking about the bosses in Smash? I'm pretty sure that he was shown the way he was is because of the people who aren't familiar with Metroid. It lets them wonder who that was. The people who support Ridley now are literally grasping for straws, hoping for something that isn't there to begin with.

Look, I can continue this, but let's save that for the Ridley thread, not here.

We now return to your scheduled Chorus Men discussion. Sorry for the slight derailment.
If Ridley was a boss, why not outright show him to us? Don't say he's deconfirmed. You'll suffer the wrath of many angry (chorus) men

Back on topic, what style do you think the Chorus Men are going to be? 2D like Game and Watch, or 3D like everyone else?

Top Bottom