• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
Link to the IGN video
1:33
If this is all Rhythm Heaven gets
I'LL BE SATISFIED BECAUSE IT'S PERFECT
Oh my god, they even attack and move in rhythm..it's perfect.

In all honesty, I wasn't too stoked about the idea of a Rhythm Heaven character when the Gematsu leak came out.. but now thinking about it.. I would be lying if I said that the Chorus Kids weren't one of my most wanted characters (only below K. Rool). The idea of a rhythm based character intrigues me, and the Chorus Kids seem like the perfect way of representing that play style (plus they seem funny as hell from what I've seen of them). Gonna have to add them to my sig tomorrow.

GraveEclipse567

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand why this character would be playable.
Look into their eyes.
Stare deeply into their eyes.
Stare deeply into the eyes of the three monochrome ******* what would probably have a rhythm based moveset from an apparently pretty popular game series.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Honestly, I don't understand either, but it's probably something that'll make sense to us in hindsight like Wii Fit Trainer or Mr. Game and Watch.

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I'd go with Pokémon trainer theory if any. Perhaps the other 2 could function with taunts?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Rhythm Heaven Assist Trophy: Captain tuck and the Flipper Flop seals.
Derived directly from this Rhythm Heaven Fever Minigame, thsi AT is fairly self explanatory. The captain and his 4 seals appear on the stage. The seals are on the same plane as the players, with Captain Tuck in the background. Shortly after being summoned Captain Tuck says "Attention Company", at which point the seals begin rocking back and forth. They become a weak hitbox at this point. Periodically Tuck will designate a number of flipper rolls for the seals to perform, which they dutifully do. They become a much more powerful hitbox while performing a flipper roll. Unlike in the original game where they roll once forward then once back, in smash the seals roll twice forward, then twice back, allowing them to cover more ground.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I have a feeling that when these guys are revealed (I believe the Sal leak.), their moves will be like how Pac-Man is. Pretty much that their moves will all pay homage to the different mini-games the game itself is comprised of, like they would have a tambourine for one move, paying homage to the monkey, or a golf club for another, etc.

Well, Rhythm Heaven is a pretty popular game (Ever played them? They're quite fun.), a Nintendo IP, and the idea of the Chorus Men with a Music/Rhythm based fighting style would be perfect for the zaniness and fun that is Smash Bros. Also, it'd be one hell of a unique fighter. Much more unique and original than some of the other characters could ever offer, at least in my opinion. :p

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
That's not a very good reason.

It's probably because Sakurai thought the series deserved playable recognition even though it isn't exactly character-driven.
No the comparison was that you wouldn't understand why said character is playable. And yet she's in the game probably because of the reason you gave.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
No the comparison was that you wouldn't understand why said character is playable. And yet she's in the game probably because of the reason you gave.
I see, though there are a lot of characters who could fit the first part, but not so much the second.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm still very excited to see this character(s?)' playstyle, and whether it be one or three characters. (I'm really hoping three, it sounds hectic and interesting.)

But I'll admit, this is probably the one series in Smash with (likely) playable representation I haven't played a single game for, and am totally lost on where to start. Any suggestions?

Shroob

Sup?
I'm still very excited to see this character(s?)' playstyle, and whether it be one or three characters. (I'm really hoping three, it sounds hectic and interesting.)

But I'll admit, this is probably the one series in Smash with (likely) playable representation I haven't played a single game for, and am totally lost on where to start. Any suggestions?
The DS or Wii game really. The Chorus Men are primarily in the DS game, though one cameos in the Wii game.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
You could try Rhythm Heaven Fever for the Wii. It was the one that introduced me to the series.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I've heard Fever is the easiest because the controls are the best.

I haven't actually tried any myself though.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Thanks everyone! :happysheep:

I'll give those two a look-see!

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
I bought the DS Rhythm Heaven last week because of these guys. Need to make sure my friends know who they are when they get announced.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
They're all about the same difficulty really, but Rhythm Heaven for the DS can cause them most problems with control scheme.
In terms of preference my favorites are Tengoku and Fever, then shortly followed by the DS game.

Start with Fever, go to the DS game if you want more, then Tengoku if you're real interested. Problem with Tengoku is that you have to either emulate it - potentially making it impossible to play due to input delay - or you have to import it. Here's hoping for a GBA virtual console release.

Both localized games are dirt cheap by the way.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I bought the DS Rhythm Heaven last week because of these guys. Need to make sure my friends know who they are when they get announced.
Hah! That's why I've been passing Xenoblade around like hotcackes to all my friends. Will probably do the same with one of these...

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I just want to say, I played three games of smash run and saw two of this enemy...
Kremlings and Krusha (?) were everywhere.

I dont know if that is indicative of anything, after all, I only saw a single Koffing, but there were certainly not many of them in my random adventure.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I'm gonna full-on support the Chorus Men. Their potential for the most unique character in the game is immense.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I uploaded this on the icon thread last week, but I'm not sure if anyone saw it.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The DS game (with Chorus Kids) is definitely the most difficult to get into but you can't go wrong with any of them. To echo everyone, I recommend playing both Fever and DS and if you liked them, definitely import Tengoku. All three are drastically different and amazing.

I still have my Tengoku stickers. :3

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Does anyone have a substantial moveset yet?
At long last, my moveset.

Keep this in mind as you read: each attack triggers a 4/4 time signature metronome, to assist in keeping the beat.

B: Glee Club
The first Chorus Kid starts to sing, and pressing B in rhythm allows the other two to join in, sending blue shock waves in three directions. B can be held after the last kid joins in, which forms a sort of barrier around them. Letting go sends the sound waves shooting in their respective directions.

Side B: Love Lab
The Chorus Kids sway to a quick rhythm, passing a chemical-filled test tube down the line. Pressing Side-B in rhythm keeps the beaker moving, but losing the beat makes the kids drop the beaker. The last kid in line tosses the chemical to his side, hopefully hitting an opponent, and granting an effect. The chemical's effects are in a set order: Burn, Freeze, Pitfall (ground)/Meteor Smash (air).

Up B: Micro Row
Holding down Up-B causes the kids to be squashes down, and letting go causes them to shoot upward. Pressing Up-B in rhythm allows them to do this three times.

Down B: Tap Troupe
This attack's function is similar to DK's Down B. The Chorus Kids tap dance by stomping on the ground, causing a quake in the area surrounding them. To continue tapping, Down-B must be tapped in a syncopated pattern. Each round of tapping is completed by a powerful stomp. The tapping causes a quake with low knockback, while the stomp can send your opponents flying.

Final Smash: Rhythm Paradise
Much of the Rhythm Heaven cast comes in and tramples the opponents. Get creative with this one, imagine it yourself.
I personally imagine the Wrestler being among the cast on the ground, and the Blue Birds hitting the opponents from above.

I'll try to do a full moveset if you guys really want me to.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
They should at least have moves that reference other games in the Rhythm Heaven series.

Like their down smash can be based on the farmer's movement from Crop Stomp. A stomp on the ground that buries the opponent, then an upward lift that sends the opponent upwards. Two input attack. Have their normal jab being based on Drummer Duel, where the kids spawn two batons and can attack consecutively up to six times with very little lag.

Shroob

Sup?
Which enemies from Rhythm Heaven do you guys think we'll see in Smash Run? I think we will be seeing the shadow from Samurai Steve.

God finally, I've been waiting for this icon for months. Thank you so much!
I can see that. Also, because Sakurai is using some rather questionable enemies, Petilil, really?, I can totally see the Hue Birds.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Definitely wouldn't object to them using various moves from other Rhythm Heaven mini games. Seems inevitable anyway.

Wonder if we'll get the Rhythm Heaven announcer(s) to call out the moves. (PUNCH KICK, TOGETHER NOW, TAP TAP TAP, SPIN IT BOYS, etc) :laugh:

Top Bottom