• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

Themagnificentmoldy

Smash Apprentice
So how do you guys think the trailer will go?
Villager is sitting in the cafe from city folk, while waiting for a performance to start. You see shots of other characters gathered at tables, (Mega Man, Samus, Little Mac, etc) Red Curtains around the stage are closed. The lights slowly fade to dark. A spotlight appears on the left side of the curtain, and a drumroll begins. You hear a familiar voice singing a suspended note. Second spotlight appears on the middle of the curtain, and the second voice is heard. Finally, we hear the third voice. The sound gets louder and louder, as chairs start to fall, Samus's visor cracks, and she flinches and steps backwards covering her ears. Mega man starts violently shaking as sparks fly out of him, and his eyes turn to static. The singing ends, and we see the entire cafe in ruins. The curtains open, and "Chorus Men make their debut!" The conductor says "Together Now..." and the gameplay trailer begins.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I really hope that Chorus Kids isn't Marshal 3 times, I think it would be way better if it was Marshal, Miss Ribbon, and Cam.

But I want my Rhythm based combos, so yay anyway.

D

Deleted member

Chorus Kids would not be Marshal three times.

They would be three Chorus Kids.

Marshal =/= Chorus Kid
Marshal, Miss Ribbon, Cam =/= Chorus Kids

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
I know I'm a little late because the Chorus Kids/Men are all but confirmed but could you put me down as a supporter please?

Last edited:

Blakexd9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blakexd9
3DS FC
3566-1543-3794
Damn. Sakurai thinks he's smooth.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Great! Now all we need is a couple of villains (I'm thinking K Rool & Ridley based on the demo screen) and a retro character and this is going to be the best Smash Bros roster to date

Two very creative picks: Wii Fit Trainer, Chorus Kids (or men?)
Very popular and wanted characters: Megaman, Shulk, Palutena, Chrom, Little Mac
More female characters: Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Palutena
More series getting represented: Wii Fit Trainer, Pac Man, Megaman, Chorus Men, Shulk, Little Mac, Villager, Mii
My Personal wants: ROSALINA!!!, A Pokemon newcomer, preferably Kalos Trainer, specifically GRENINJA!!!

Seriously, All I need now is R.O.B. and Mr Game & Watch and both are shoo-ins. (one has been kinda confirmed)

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Great! Now all we need is a couple of villains (I'm thinking K Rool & Ridley based on the demo screen) and a retro character and this is going to be the best Smash Bros roster to date

Two very creative picks: Wii Fit Trainer, Chorus Kids (or men?)
Very popular and wanted characters: Megaman, Shulk, Palutena, Chrom, Little Mac
More female characters: Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Palutena
More series getting represented: Wii Fit Trainer, Pac Man, Megaman, Chorus Men, Shulk, Little Mac, Villager, Mii
My Personal wants: ROSALINA!!!, A Pokemon newcomer, preferably Kalos Trainer, specifically GRENINJA!!!

Seriously, All I need now is R.O.B. and Mr Game & Watch and both are shoo-ins. (one has been kinda confirmed)
Yeah I love the diversity. Universally popular characters in Mega Man, Pac Man and Mii, characters with cult followings like Shulk, Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven) and Little Mac, characters for those who don't necessarily play your typical games in Villager, Mii and Wii Fit Trainer, female representation, playstyle representation (we got a boxer, a fitness trainer, a choir, a ninja, etc.), and more.

Only thing missing is "most wanted characters from Internet boards." :p Well, and Ridley, though I personally don't mind him as a boss. *shrugs*

Also, I'm not in the choir. What is this? >:[

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Eh. Most wanted characters still are missing indeed, @ Spinosaurus Spinosaurus
They have to be unlockable, right?
There need be more than three unlockable new guys.

I think if the leak is real, it only leaked the unlocked characters.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Chorus Men wouldn't do anything to increase my nonexistent hype for the newcomers (None of them really appeal to me much aside from Greninja really and even then..)

But I'll be happy with any and all newcomers if I get a couple veterans confirmed. In the end though I tend to use characters based on their moveset. I mained Roy in Melee but the only Fire Emblem game I've ever played was Awakening which I just got last week. Ivysaur was my favorite in Brawl but Lucas was a close second.. Never played Mother 3 either. It's all in the moveset so who knows? I could love Chorus Men

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
After seeing Sneaky Spirit/Blue Ghost in Smash Run, I'm more convinced that we'll see Rhythm Heaven being represented in this installment. So stoked.

I wonder though if they really go with Chorus Kids, I still think Marshall (and his two pals) would be more fitting and are more closer to what were being announced about.

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
Add me to support list. Might request for an sig icon later, in the appropriate thread. Could possibly add it to the OP

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok a rythem heaven enemy is in smash run, so its looking good for shulk and a rythem heaven character.

But will sal be 100% correct (aka will it be the chorus men or another rythem heaven character.)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I have to say, I'm quite surprised to see an ENEMY from Rhythm Heaven appear in Smash Run (Heck, I didn't even think RH HAD enemy characters to begin with!) But at least this means more of a chance we'll get a Rhythm Heaven rep!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Gah, so many new supporters! :estatic:

Give me a little while, I'll be very busy over the next few days.
But all of you will find your way into the choir sooner than later.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Villager is sitting in the cafe from city folk, while waiting for a performance to start. You see shots of other characters gathered at tables, (Mega Man, Samus, Little Mac, etc) Red Curtains around the stage are closed. The lights slowly fade to dark. A spotlight appears on the left side of the curtain, and a drumroll begins. You hear a familiar voice singing a suspended note. Second spotlight appears on the middle of the curtain, and the second voice is heard. Finally, we hear the third voice. The sound gets louder and louder, as chairs start to fall, Samus's visor cracks, and she flinches and steps backwards covering her ears. Mega man starts violently shaking as sparks fly out of him, and his eyes turn to static. The singing ends, and we see the entire cafe in ruins. The curtains open, and "Chorus Men make their debut!" The conductor says "Together Now..." and the gameplay trailer begins.

This is the most beautiful thing I've ever read on SmashBoards. I SOOOO WANT THIS NOW.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Just wishing the supporters an early congrats about Chorus Men. I can't wait to see how they play!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Wait wait hold on, I wasted my first joke, let me make another one.

ok ready guys

Some might say he thinks he's
sneaky.
Is your avatar from the OK/Superb ending of Fever's Sneaky Spirits? I love it lol.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Here's a gif of the encounter for those too lazy to click links (like me)

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Haha their stun animation is the same one when they get hit by the arrow.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
What excites me the most about this is how the development team knew to put something like this in the game. It wasn't even a thought in my mind, and they pulled it off perfectly.

andimidna

Smash Master
I'm actually very excited to see what Sakurai does with the chorus kids now that I'm expecting them. I'm glad I got here early to get on the top of that supporters list. I think they will be extremely unique, even though I haven't seen them fighting yet.

They'll definitely be secret characters though. Perfect choice for one IMO.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
With the whole amiibo thing I really doubt there will be secret characters. They'd be displayed in public anyway so there's no point.

Also I'm pretty sure Sakurai said there will be CG trailers for every newcomer, and my friends seem to recall the same thing. I'll find that later.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
WIth the Sneaky Spectre Confirmed as a smash run enemy, I believe Sal Romano 100%.
As a Chorus Men supporter, I'm very happy.
I hope that Chorus men are 3d, and get cute Tuxedos to go with their Bow Ties.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
WIth the Sneaky Spectre Confirmed as a smash run enemy, I believe Sal Romano 100%.
As a Chorus Men supporter, I'm very happy.
I hope that Chorus men are 3d, and get cute Tuxedos to go with their Bow Ties.
If I can play a tux-wearing Chorus Man, I will never play another character ever again.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Is amazing that any fire emblem character dint appear in smash run or even xenoblade cronicles characters instead.
A rhythm heaven character that have no sense for being a pure enemy. seriusly sakurai was smart in this point.

He chose a enemy that no one kwon except for rhythm heaven fan (I love rhythm heaven soo much I have more memorys on that game than metroid geez!!!)
That it!!!!!
A rhythm heaven character is gonna be playable. I want him very much. SUPPORT!!!!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am expecting Chorus Men now that I see the Sneaky Spirits are confirmed to be Smash Run enemies. I hope the Chorus Men are 2D like Mr. Game & Watch but hand-drawn and they have a crazy rhythm-based fighting style. But more importantly, I want a Rhythm Heaven stage with lots of cameos.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'm hoping they're hand drawn 2D. It makes perfect sense because the series was never really 3D, and it helps set them apart. Plus from the fan 3D models I'm seeing they don't translate to 3D well at all.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
With the Sneaky Spirits confirmed as a enemy, that essentially confirms Chorus Kids and the Gematsu leak. You Chorus Kid supporters must be happy. Also one of my friends really wants them in, so I support.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm curious, why do so many people incororate Love Lab into their Chorus Men Movesets? I've never played Rhythm Heaven, but the Chorus men don't seem to appear in Love Lab.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I'm curious, why do so many people incororate Love Lab into their Chorus Men Movesets? I've never played Rhythm Heaven, but the Chorus men don't seem to appear in Love Lab.
When it comes to Rhythm Heaven characters, most people just derive their fan movesets from all the different minigames from the series, even if they don't actually appear in them. The characters alone don't have a whole lot going for them, plus this way people get to see more of what Rhythm Heaven's about.

The exception being the Wrestler, whose supporters have managed to make a unique moveset completely based on the Pro Wrestling NES game with a pinch of Rhythm Heaven references.

Last edited:
Top Bottom