• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Looking at this parody article, I actually found something amusing.

I’m afraid of including a representative from Rhythm Heaven because of this. I can already see it now, people complaining that Rhythm Heaven is not a real Nintendo series, that Karate Joe is not a true Nintendo character like Geno, or that the rhythm game genre is not a real genre when compared to RPG games.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I just want to say, before the Chorus Men are confirmed. I just wanna have a final say..
**** you @ Louie G. Louie G. , you made me really damn jealous that your thread is going to get it's own section. ;-;
Soo jealous.. :cry:

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Don't worry Blue, you can be honorary co-head of the sub-forum.

I'm hyped for the possibility. I can't wait to hear about how they play, and the massive butthurt that follows. :demon:

D

Deleted member

I think that the Chorus Men are shoo-ins at this point, along with Shulk and Chrom. I don't necessarily support them however.

Due to the fact that they are still having trouble with the Ice Climbers, I wonder how they will play...

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
I'm hoping the Chorus Kids use Marshal, Cam, and Ms. Ribbon as their designs. They're definitely the most interesting unannounced newcomer for me left from the leak (Shulk and Chrom are fairly bland IMO). A music/rhythm based character sounds really cool.

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
I often hear the theory that the leaker didn't know much about Rhythm Heaven and said "Chorus Kids" rather than "Marshal". However, seeing as in the latest leak he refereed to Miis as "Mii Fighter" I think it's most likely (not that I really thought otherwise before) that we are, in fact, getting the Chorus Kids. As someone who has never played Rhythm Heaven, I find them adorable.

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
I'm incredibly intrigued as how are they going to turn out.
I'm pretty sure if they are revealed a bunch of naysayers are going to jump ship and like them almost immediately.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I'm incredibly intrigued as how are they going to turn out.
I'm pretty sure if they are revealed a bunch of naysayers are going to jump ship and like them almost immediately.
"I had my doubts, but the trailer/moveset/gameplay really sold me on them!"

Only have had to use that quickfix once this Smash iteration, with Wii Fit Trainer.

Granted, we could also talk about all the naysayers of Rhythm Heaven who jumped ship as soon as a leak came about ...

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
"I had my doubts, but the trailer/moveset/gameplay really sold me on them!"

Only have had to use that quickfix once this Smash iteration, with Wii Fit Trainer.

Granted, we could also talk about all the naysayers of Rhythm Heaven who jumped ship as soon as a leak came about ...
There wasn't really much Rhythm Heaven hate before the leak as much as there was complete ambivalence.
In fact I think the leak brought more negative attention to Rhythm Heaven than it had before.

But to be fair, there's ten times the supporters now.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
These guys look like they'll be hella weird when it comes to fighting with them.

And that's right up my alley.

Bring it on Sakurai!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Lots of support coming in.

Our choir is growing folks!
And props to Hippotatosauce for being the original Rhythm Heaven supporter. :)

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
So how do you think they will play ? If they are in of course.

I thought there would be like three chorus men, you control the first one and the two follow behind and do the exact same action with about two seconds delay. The leader is the only one you can hit and KO. Dunno if it would be too OP, but I believe Sakurai will manage somehow.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
I still doubt the second part of the Sal leak, but, why not? I support. I'm interested in what Sakurai will do with them.
Serious question here, for what purpose? Why? His leak was more than enough to be credible after yesterday

Edit: I unfortunately came to terms with it

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Serious question here, for what purpose? Why? His leak was more than enough to be credible after yesterday

Edit: I unfortunately came to terms with it
Well i guess that Pacman, Palutena and the Miis were characters that many people predicted even before the leaks came, wich means a lot of people don't think that them being in the game means that the leak is 100% true just yet.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Due to the fact that they are still having trouble with the Ice Climbers, I wonder how they will play...
Still having trouble? I know Sakurai said something about twin characters being difficult on 3DS, but that was over a year ago. If they've sorted Rosalina & Luma then I don't think the ICs will be much of a problem.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Good god can't wait to see them, especially after 3 characters from the leak got confirmed.

At the very least, it solidifies Rhythm Heaven as part of Smash Bros, so I'm happy for that alone. <3

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Still having trouble? I know Sakurai said something about twin characters being difficult on 3DS, but that was over a year ago. If they've sorted Rosalina & Luma then I don't think the ICs will be much of a problem.
He dodged the question when a journalist asked if Ice Climbers are in the game. What do you think

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
I'm a huge Rhythm Heaven fan, so I'd be ecstatic to see these guys in game. I was thinking they might play a little differently than the Ice Climbers in the way that they're all linked by an invisible "rope" and can never be separated, always fighting in a line, and using each other to attack.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
He dodged the question when a journalist asked if Ice Climbers are in the game. What do you think

Well he dodged all characters questions, so not that much information to get from the lack of answer. The first question could have been MK, he wouldn't have answer either.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Well i guess that Pacman, Palutena and the Miis were characters that many people predicted even before the leaks came, wich means a lot of people don't think that them being in the game means that the leak is 100% true just yet.
I felt the same way until I read the roundtable comments on Greninja. Also, he even leaked 'mii fighters' specifically as opposed to simply 'mii' from my understanding

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Lots of support coming in.

Our choir is growing folks!
And props to Hippotatosauce for being the original Rhythm Heaven supporter. :)
Maybe the most vocal one for a while but I was directly inspired by Smashchu to start the Karate Joe thread, and I know there were definitely others mentioning it before me.

Speculator

Smash Ace
I think he was trying to avoid being cornered into revealing characters. Also correct me if I'm wrong, but I think character questions were specifically prohibited at the Q+A.

Dinoman96

Smash Master

Well would you look at that, Smash Run has a RH enemy.

It should be pointed out that the enemies in SR so far are all from series with playable characters.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
This is awesome!

Even if Chorus Men don't make it in, this means that we are guaranteed some Rhythm Heaven content.

Top Bottom