• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I hate the sal leak for Chrom.
I even asked the Chrom thread to get me pumped for him (I was being sincere, trying to pre emptively get excited because he just seems as stupid of an addition as Toon Link is), and no one could do it!
Did you bother to read the OP like some suggested?

Anyway, I, too, need to pick up a Rhythm Heaven game soon. Heard they're cheap, to boot.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Anyway, I, too, need to pick up a Rhythm Heaven game soon. Heard they're cheap, to boot.
Definitely! They're really fun games. I recommend Fever first because DS might be a bit harder to get into due to the touch screen controls, although that's the game where Chorus Kids are from.

Really happy the possible inclusion of a Rhythm Heaven rep is getting people to try out the games. Hopefully the series being represented in Smash can ensure that it can stay alive for a while. Outside Japan, at least.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
HECK TO THE YES! if you could not guess by my profile pic i'm a huge Rhythm Heaven Fan and i love these guys and i would be so grateful if they got in And i thought a Final Smash.. Remix essentially all the RH characters come out and do songs and dances to the Rhythm of the song currently playing and the opponents who don't time it right get damage and Knock back it could be more powerful the more you do it to the Rhythm and the Opponents do not i like plus i can think of anything else XD:kirbymelee:

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if they will retain that shaking animation they have in Rhythm Heaven (sorta like Ed, Edd and Eddy's animation, btw)...

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Most likely actually what if they can use their voices as projectiles like Jiggs in the Anime?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I was thinking Ed Edd n Eddy as well. :p

I think they'll maintain that look, and remain 2D as the Sneaky Spirit is in Smash Run.

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
AWW no fair you got a cuter picture then me! XC and random question are these messages that we are doing right now or posts? and how do you make a thread? also do you have a NNID?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
AWW no fair you got a cuter picture then me! XC and random question are these messages that we are doing right now or posts? and how do you make a thread? also do you have a NNID?
These are posts, messages are in PMs.
Making a thread is easy, there'a a button for it in certain forums.
And I do have a NNID, I just haven't put it in my info yet. I'll do that soon.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I wonder if they will retain that shaking animation they have in Rhythm Heaven (sorta like Ed, Edd and Eddy's animation, btw)...
Few things would make me happier than the Kids keeping their outline-squiggles, like their lose animation being the look of disdain they give you if you screw up.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I was thinking that their losing animation could be the third Chorus Kid clapping happily, while the other two stare at him disapprovingly.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Few things would make me happier than the Kids keeping their outline-squiggles, like their lose animation being the look of disdain they give you if you screw up.
What have you done

Now I'll accept nothing else

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
They'd also have to have their eyes go white and mouths gape open whenever they're hit by a strong attack.

Scoob

Smash Apprentice
I hate the sal leak for Chrom.
I even asked the Chrom thread to get me pumped for him (I was being sincere, trying to pre emptively get excited because he just seems as stupid of an addition as Toon Link is), and no one could do it!
This is why I want Robin instead of Chrom. At the very least those who haven't played FE: Awakening would be able to appreciate the fact that he/she can use magic and doesn't have blue hair.

On the topic of movesets, I would prefer you control one and the others appear to assist in attacks. I just can't imagine trying to manage 3 guys at once. I trust Nintendo's abilities, though.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Found these fan arts (comics?) at NeoGAF and I thought I'd share them here because they're adorable.

Holy balls, this is ADORABLE!

Things I love about smash: the torrent of awesome fanart that emerges for each character. So far, the stuff for Chorus Kids does not disappoint.
Just don't forget to include this kind of stuff in the imminent image gallery thread.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just add me to the Choir already since I want to see these cute buggers in action. Also, for the sake of witnessing the butthurt and fanboy tears they would cause for the "hardcore" Smash fans. :troll:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Just don't forget to include this kind of stuff in the imminent image gallery thread.
Ugh, so many things to add to the OP.

Sounds like a plan though.

And don't worry, I'll get that support list growing. I've really just been lazy lately, with finals and all.

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
This is why I want Robin instead of Chrom. At the very least those who haven't played FE: Awakening would be able to appreciate the fact that he/she can use magic and doesn't have blue hair.

On the topic of movesets, I would prefer you control one and the others appear to assist in attacks. I just can't imagine trying to manage 3 guys at once. I trust Nintendo's abilities, though.
Why are smash fans so haircest?
And plus blue hair is an option for Robin:troll:

Scoob

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have a compilation of moveset ideas that I could take a look at?
OP is working on that. I'd like to see that myself. I can't wrap my head around these guys, but there are some creative folks on this board, so I'm interested to see what they come up with.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I thought of a way to incorporate the "Perfect" and Flow ideas from Rhythm Heaven when I made a moveset for the Rhythm Monkey. I could share that here since it could easily be done for Chorus Kids as well. Just replace Monkey with Chorus Kids.

Perfects/Flow

As shown by Little Mac, it’s possible to think outside of the box, so here’s a shot at it. When playing as Monkey, you’ll notice a familiar symbol above your damage counter:

This P, to those familiar with Rhythm Heaven, remains on the screen as long as the player maintains perfect rhythm. Once a mistake takes place, the P breaks and disappears.

When you play as Monkey, you start with the P on your damage counter. The P will start to blink as you deliver hits, keeping a count of the beats of your hits. It’s activated once you connect three hits and increases the damage output of each hit culminating in a Smash attack at the end. Once you reach the Smash attack, the symbol won’t start blinking again until a combo takes place again. However, mis-time an attack or the Smash at the end, and the P will disappear and damage will go back to normal. Monkey doesn’t have a lot of power, so he requires proper timing to really send opponents packing!

(Alternative: Another way of getting this to work in a more quantifiable way is to take the “Flow” number from the RH series and keep it above the damage counter to keep track of your combo flow, to decrease or increase damage output considerably.)

Oh right! And in the moveset I had made one of the specials (Down B) a move that helps the "P" reappear. It kinds of feels like Deep Breath now ...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I got an idea for their lose animation: two of the kids do that look of shame / disappointment / whatever to the third kid, who's clapping.

Tides

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoichx
Honestly I'm excited thinking about all the expressions and sounds they could make. Especially if they get Star KO'd. :grin:

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Honestly I'm excited thinking about all the expressions and sounds they could make. Especially if they get Star KO'd. :grin:
It just tells you how much potential they have in terms of expressions. They may be simplistic in appearance, but that allows freedom in what you could do with their animations.

I really can't wait to see them. Hopefully they aren't secret characters and they actually get a trailer. I think out of all the three they more likely will because:

-Not from an obscure series like Shulk. Rhythm Heaven is huge in Japan and a million seller, whereas Xenoblade only has a cult following. There has never been a popular series that was completely unlockable. (Only ones are Earthbound in 64, Fire Emblem in Melee for being Japan only during the time and G&W and ROB)
-Are from an unrepresented series, unlike Chrom.
-Considering Sakurai's love for Warioware (he helped promote D.I.Y), I wouldn't be surprised if he also loves Rhythm Heaven. Maybe he'll give them priority?
-Rhythm Tengoku's anniversary is in August, and the series has always released during the Summer in Japan. (Late July for Rhythm Tengoku Gold and Minna no Rhythm Tengoku) Nothing like that for Xenoblade or Fire Emblem Awakening.
-There's a Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run, completely public in the DEMO. Not just the final game! So much for a secret. haha.

That said, I'd expect we'll get all three revealed by then instead of being kept secret.

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
I was thinking that their losing animation could be the third Chorus Kid clapping happily, while the other two stare at him disapprovingly.
That would be hilarious! even more fitting characters for me I wouldn't be clapping the winning side :laugh:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
@ Spinosaurus Spinosaurus
I really hope we see Chorus Kids next.
If Rhythm Tengoku's anniversary is in August, which just so happens to fall on a Nintendo Direct month...
Well, you know.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
@ Spinosaurus Spinosaurus
I really hope we see Chorus Kids next.
If Rhythm Tengoku's anniversary is in August, which just so happens to fall on a Nintendo Direct month...
Well, you know.
It doesn't really mean much for newcomers, but it's another factor to consider. Only newcomer that was revealed for any sort of anniversary was Little Mac.

Whole other story if the Direct is specifically on August 6th (Tengoku's release day), though.

Top Bottom