• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chip I think this should be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Thanks. This thread doesn't have it for some reason. lol
The thread devoted to bombs. Does... not... have it. L...O...L
Why is this called the invicibomb. Is it a fool-proof way to do damage if you're within zair range?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Well. My TL and PT has has gotten substantially better so I think I will go all out bomber on Sudai Friday, especially for my goggle match. ^^ highlight of my week win or lose I'll tell you that.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Invincibombing has potential as a good mix-up.

Don't dismiss it. Our character is flawed and a good trick is given to us that isn't extremely situational. Don't put it to waste.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Oh... i dunno if my bro (Arc-thefallen-) said anything about it yet, but i noticed something that he did with bombs whilst chasing an opponent offstage. I read around the threads looking for the tech just to be safe, and unless i missed a small replay about this... i hasn't been stickied to the guide yet. My bro kinda first did it at a tournament (Bill's Bi-weekly Billfest NC smash) and fine-tuned it at home some more.

It has to do with aerial bombs.... Of course one can neutral drop a bomb with z button and then do an aerial after it for an aerial attack. This is an extension of that tech that's already been mentioned:

1) You can catch the bomb while doing any aerial if close enough... whether you or your opponent threw the bomb. [mentioned already at top of the thread]

2) As far as we tested, 2 moves allow TL to perform the extension: b-air and u-air. When you catch the bomb with either of these moves, you can just buffer in b-airs OR u-airs consecutively without dropping the bomb. *hypothesis* The lag time it takes for the game to register TL as "holding a bomb" after catching with an aerial is slower than doing an u-air or b-air and thus you can chain those aerials together in any order without throwing a bomb.

What my bro sometimes does against recovering opponents: pull out bomb, throw up (tilt-throw as opposed to smash-throw), throw boomerangs and arrow(s) until bomb comes down, catches with SH b-air and DI's offstage in various directions with a b-air wall of pain and situational u-airs. If lands the few hits, opponent is gimped, and TL comes back with 2nd jump and up-b (doesn't make the sweetspot but the bomb explodes) and repeat the up-b.

3) What ends the bombthrow-cancel chain? Anything other than b-air or u-air. Landing, jumping or airdodging will also end it. All other aerials will end the chain. FUN PART: Although the chain will end, you can do ANYTHING else at the end of the chain without throwing a bomb, including d-airs (guarenteed>still holding a bomb... you guys think of the possibilities >:D ), n-airs, and f-airs. Anything done after that including b-airs following n-airs will throw the bomb instead like normal.

Another thing i didn't see:

1) U-smash (charge or uncharged) with bomb in hand. How to: Dash-canceled upsmash while picking up a bomb laying on the ground. It's tougher to pull off for those that aren't used to tech, but not near-impossible (like shiek's without z-attack). While dropping a bomb so that its on the ground may take too much time against... say... Marth, my bro found that with the right timing, you can lay a bomb on the ground in a SH bombpull (sort of like quickdraw but buffering too early makes you throw the bomb in midair and entering the z to late will make you throw on the ground).

This was b4 ibombs came out, so we're seeing if we could add a bunch of that into the mindgames also.

My brother has some battles where there was some pretty cool applications of alot of these things. We'll post vids soon if this is not as known. Its a sort of offensive way to retreat or approach while holding a bomb. Ultimately, at the very worst, lots of mindgames hehe :p

My apologies if this is in the wrong post or already documented somewhere.

Hope the findings helps.

Sincerely,
Legendary Pikachu, LDPK, still a fledgeling smashboards'er

TheFast

Smash Lord
Yah videos of picking up a bomb with a boost smash would be nice ( I think thats what you where talking about 0_o) because I dont know how to explain it but ill look up both those things and do research before adding them.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Gimme like half a day to find the footage and edit. Do you guys see anything else in my post that needs vids for clarification?

Sincerely,

TheFast

Smash Lord
It would help to show the buffered bair but ill just test it and then people can take our word for it. Mind if I just put your Quote in for now. Ill edit it in Later >_<

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Don't mind.... i technically should have "quoted" my bro, but he didn't post.... sure thing. You can put a quote. It'll help the other links see and try out some stuff.

Sincerely,
Legendary pIkachu, LDPK, still a fledgeling smashboards'er

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Thanks. This thread doesn't have it for some reason. lol
The thread devoted to bombs. Does... not... have it. L...O...L
Why is this called the invicibomb. Is it a fool-proof way to do damage if you're within zair range?
It should have that information but it is up to the OP to put it up on the first page.

InvicBoming isn't useful that for Toon Links...
Zair is too good alone. Just hold the bomb, zair and then throw it, or throw it up..
I suggest you read the thread, and watch the video to see what you can do. You should also read the posts on the thread since they have good strategies that I have not shown in the video. This helps improves Toon Link's close range combat, and it also helps Toon Link to set up into a finisher. Invinci-bomb to up-smash is a "true combo' in training mode registering as 2 hits. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=212866

Invincibombing has potential as a good mix-up.

Don't dismiss it. Our character is flawed and a good trick is given to us that isn't extremely situational. Don't put it to waste.
That it does. Thanks!

TheFast

Smash Lord
1)im going to put a link to that invinci-bombing thread.
2)I will try to get videos of each strategies and put them up under each
(I cant make videos so I need to find somebody who understands the strategies and can make videos of them)

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
It has to do with aerial bombs.... Of course one can neutral drop a bomb with z button and then do an aerial after it for an aerial attack. This is an extension of that tech that's already been mentioned:

1) You can catch the bomb while doing any aerial if close enough... whether you or your opponent threw the bomb. [mentioned already at top of the thread]

2) As far as we tested, 2 moves allow TL to perform the extension: b-air and u-air. When you catch the bomb with either of these moves, you can just buffer in b-airs OR u-airs consecutively without dropping the bomb. *hypothesis* The lag time it takes for the game to register TL as "holding a bomb" after catching with an aerial is slower than doing an u-air or b-air and thus you can chain those aerials together in any order without throwing a bomb.

What my bro sometimes does against recovering opponents: pull out bomb, throw up (tilt-throw as opposed to smash-throw), throw boomerangs and arrow(s) until bomb comes down, catches with SH b-air and DI's offstage in various directions with a b-air wall of pain and situational u-airs. If lands the few hits, opponent is gimped, and TL comes back with 2nd jump and up-b (doesn't make the sweetspot but the bomb explodes) and repeat the up-b.

3) What ends the bombthrow-cancel chain? Anything other than b-air or u-air. Landing, jumping or airdodging will also end it. All other aerials will end the chain. FUN PART: Although the chain will end, you can do ANYTHING else at the end of the chain without throwing a bomb, including d-airs (guarenteed>still holding a bomb... you guys think of the possibilities >:D ), n-airs, and f-airs. Anything done after that including b-airs following n-airs will throw the bomb instead like normal.
Yeah, Legendary Pikachu.
I already firgured this out a while ago. Check out the thread Analysing Projectile Properties Page 5, Post 70.
It's all there except for what Toondiddy figured out later on in the thread that you can chain d-airs together in the same way you can chain b-airs and u-airs.

Arc -The Fallen-

Smash Rookie
Yeah, Legendary Pikachu.
I already firgured this out a while ago. Check out the thread Analysing Projectile Properties Page 5, Post 70.
It's all there except for what Toondiddy figured out later on in the thread that you can chain d-airs together in the same way you can chain b-airs and u-airs.

Okay, that makes explaining things easier. We finally got our vid up. I hope people can find it easy (main post of this or the Projectile thread... or both! :D). It details those bomb tricks (throw-cancel and SH drop) along with some applications that I normally use. Plus we added how to do a Bomb-Up-smash. I hope the song is catchy and that everyone enjoys it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUGQMD1F1pE

I'll see what more i can do with bombs.

PS. You can do d-air chains on stages with living targets (balloon on smashville, leaves on Canonbowel (team stage if not banned), shyguys on YI, kirby's rock) for sure cause i try that sometimes when the moment is right. Something to check for might be living "projectiles" like grenades, DDD's foward-b, Zamus's suit pieces, wario's wheel. Of course, bouncing off opponents can continue the d-airs.

Arc~

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Nice!

Is there a place where your stuff, the invincibomb, and the others are going to be compiled for easy viewing?

No rush... just curious. Oh and the vids are pretty cool. Maybe you guys should post them (or request them be added) in the Toon Link Video thread. Although its not a combo vid or a tourney match... its pretty valuable info.

Sincerely,

TheFast

Smash Lord
Sasuke Im trying to get videos of each strategy and each trick up but its hard finding them and i cant make videos. Also I would like to umm i forgot what I was typing
EDIT: Get startegies that other people use with bombs but nobody every brings in strategies that they use.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
My Dazzle has been broken for months.
Ask someone who can record. ;_;

TheFast

Smash Lord
O yah I remember hearing about that. Uhg smart sasuke is out. Now i got to find somebody who can read and do what they read. Toon Link Players have short attention spans this is gonna be hard.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I can! OOh Oooh! pick me! :D

... urgh... i'll make my brother if i can't personally.... would that help? I can't guarentee the timing (my vid editing is very plain unless someone can point me to a better program). I got Dazzle with no-lag recording for any video so please keep me updated and informed. And others who have made more amazing vids.... may i ask for the name of the program you used? Thanks.

TheFast

Smash Lord
I dont have one thats the problem =/. I just would like to get videos of
1) The Strategies
2) like lil videos for each trick.
I have found most the tricks on youtube already but some are not on there. Any videos would be appreciated.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
i'll look into that... any song recommendations? What do you guys like the most... if its a compilation of all the projectile stuff.... then ist probably a 3-5 part'er if we cover all the specifics thus far... so that equates to about 20 min of amazing songs...

We'll get to work....

Sincerely,

*sometimes thinks.... why do i hang around these ppl... I am not a link.... maybe they're fun to hang around?....*

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
Well, I can appreciate all these bomb throws and tricks, but how about effectively using a bomb by mixing it up.

Is it just me that use a lot of Air Dodge Catches? I use a hella lot Bomb Throw Forward, Short Hop, Air Dodge Catch, Zair (repeatable). Not only that you can toss in a Dash, iNair catch. I honestly don't know why I am the only one who seem to abusing this.

Also, to aid in landing when you're knocked up high you can use bomb throw downs to make it difficult for you opponent to wait for you to land and punish and then space Zair or Bair to counter. iBomb also helps in the landing case.

Here's a OLD video of me doing some of this stuff. My mix up have advance a lot since then, but you should see some of the things I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB0cgFwD3EM&feature=channel

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
My brother does a lot of that too. Though not as defensive (my bro is really offensive... ask the other TL's). My brother wants to ask, have you ever done a reverse throw bombcatch ImpactAR? That'll add more mindgame and make opponents react more offensively.

What you do is: Ex. Run right with a bomb in hand, jump towards the left still facing right, throw the bomb to the left with full left DI. Its right here that you can z-grab the bomb and either throw again or z-air as you fall to the ground (you can also airdodge-bombgrab and z-air). oh.... Arc says sometimes its better because you technically are "visually" throwing the bomb, which will throw opponents off, but can catch it with airdodge OR z-grab where you have no lag (you are that close to the bomb). One cool mindgame he likes is retreat (right for example), fake-bomb throw back (left) > z-catch > throw right > b-air DI'ing towards the left and starting the b-air wall of pain. It looks cool at least and works if you got the right height. I'll put up a vid of what he's talking about. I am sure you've either done it already or can replicate it within the first try.

Hope my bro's tips help.

Sincerely,

PS. ALL YOU TL's OUT THERE.... i have been asked to do a compilation VID of toon link's projectiles and tricks. If you have anything still secret that is super-amazing to contribute... SPILL the beans! lol... Credits will be givin in the vid and song suggestions will be appreciated. Thankies... >:D

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Hey guys. In a few days the vid from my goggle match should be posted. There will be two matches. The first one is beastly while the second one is horrible. But you know me, I'm all bomb so maybe you can find a cool trick of something in there or just share it with your friends.

And no I didnt win either of those matches.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
Legendary Pikachu,

I'm assuming in the situation you're describing the bombs are blocked and you're taking advantage of the bounce off the shield.

Is this all in one Short Hop? Cause that sounds a bit off to me. I know you can SH throw a bomb and you have just enough time to Zair. I'm pretty sure two bomb throws and a Zair are NOT possible in one Short Hop.

If not and you're missing an extra Short Hop step then in a sense I do that tactic. However, instead of Short Hop and a reverse bomb throw in the air I just reverse Jump Cancel Bomb Throw and watch to see if it is blocked. It's faster toss because you don't lose time from jumping you're also executing a neutral position throw so you're set with the option to do any other move. Same difference, I guess.

If anyone is curious about the bomb throw to Zair, FYI the control for Brawl is flawed. Ideally to do this you'll will do the following:

Short Hop, Bomb Throw Forward, Zair so input would be: Tap X, C-Stick Forward, Z

HOWEVER, the game will register the Z as an air dodge if you do it quickly after a bomb throw so you have to quickly press Z again so the correct button sequence is:

Short Hop, Bomb Throw Forward, Air Dodge, Zair so the input would be: Tap Z, C-Stick Forward, Z (L or R), Z

OR

You can time the Z by slowing down the input a bit, but double tapping Z is easier, IMO.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Oh yea... um... that's not what i meant... but your details are nice.

What i mean is... in ONE short hop with bomb already in hand before you jump:

1) throw the bomb in front of you (literally throw/not drop).
2) you catch it in mid air in front of you, and you throw it in any direction you want or airdodge > zair.
3) its a fake-out. ima going to dinner i'll come back with vid later.

Sincerely,
Legendary Pikachu, LDPK ,still a fledgeling smashboards'er

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
So basically you're throwing the bomb forward and catching it immediately before it gets to far away. So what you see is a bomb throwing animation.

That's an interesting. I didn't even know you can do that to even say I use it. I'm more into creating a pressure game by have patterns with different spacing, hit points, and timing. So I don't really have many fake outs. I'm not sure how it will work out, but sounds to me that it could be fairly useful on slower large characters, but not so much on aggressive fast characters.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Okay i guess i'll add a vid to see if its useful at all. In terms of speed, it is all in one short hop and you can airdodge-catch it following the fake. I have my bro give me some footage soon.

Sincerely,
Legenary Pikachu, LDPK, still a fledgeling smashboards'er

F00LY

Smash Apprentice
Oh yea... um... that's not what i meant... but your details are nice.

What i mean is... in ONE short hop with bomb already in hand before you jump:

1) throw the bomb in front of you (literally throw/not drop).
2) you catch it in mid air in front of you, and you throw it in any direction you want or airdodge > zair.
3) its a fake-out. ima going to dinner i'll come back with vid later.

Sincerely,
Legendary Pikachu, LDPK ,still a fledgeling smashboards'er
I can second this. I do it all the time. I have no footage nor any way of providing it, but for what its worth I can say until he gets the video up I know for certain its possible to do. I use it to scare away my friends Marth when his approaching is getting too close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom