• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chip I think this should be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace

The.End

Smash Cadet
Okay i love to screw around with bombs =3 So here is what i end up getting:

Bomb Guard: I tried this at early %, doesn't seem to work until around 30%+, but apparently if you tilt opposite direction of ledge, while grabbing the ledge with a bomb, and then throw a bomb at the lodge, you will be caught in the explosion, and end up grabbing the ledge again- It could have some sort of potential, but otherwise might be useless

Other technique: I'm not quite sure if this has been reported before, because well, i haven't seen so, but here goes another:
if you drop a bomb and grab your opponent right before the bomb lands, then you should both take damage, but your opponent is the only one who takes knockback. So it could potentially set up for combos, i haven't really done much with this.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
this is a pretty useful thread for those that like to use projectiles. Especially for beginners that wanna learn how to play Toon Link

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
this is a pretty useful thread for those that like to use projectiles. Especially for beginners that wanna learn how to play Toon Link
Remember that items are for n00bs, not projectiles. I actually think the TL starters' guides here are better for beginners. Once they've read that it will be very useful to read this

TheFast

Smash Lord
Yah I just got off of a ban and im going to update it with another Strategy that was given to me. Thanks for the praise ^_^

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Um... I'm not sure where to put this. It's probably already been discovered (the case with everything I've "discovered"), but wth.

Alright. You know that technique where you drop down from the ledge, immediately double jump onstage and use an aerial or special? Well, when messing around with that, I did this:

1. Drop down
2. Mid-air jump
3. Pull out bomb
4. Set bomb on ground
5. Regrab the ledge

I can find this useful in many ways.

1. Your opponent will probably be expecting something else (this helps, trust me; see reason #2).
2. If you drop the bomb at the incorrect time (on purpose or you just fail), the bomb will land and explode directly after you get edge invincibilty.
3. This will, obviously, blow up edgehoggers, or better yet, stop someone from grabbing the edge and put you in the perfect position to edguard (dair if you're above them, aerial->stagespike, or if they're pit, they're screwed).

Um... what do you guys think?

TheFast

Smash Lord
O yah cuz im not doing that at all by forming a bomb guide with different strategies (which i made a new one today). Yes acknowledge a player who bombs an oppionent at 160%(LOL, nothing against Bomber) >_> I get no respect T_T
*Runs Away*

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
O yah cuz im not doing that at all by forming a bomb guide with different strategies (which i made a new one today). Yes acknowledge a player who bombs an oppionent at 160%(LOL, nothing against Bomber) >_> I get no respect T_T
*Runs Away*
lol soz dude i forgot about the whole guide thing ^^ how can i make it up to u? post on every single thread on the site demanding that even ppl who dont use toon or even play brawl read it? oooooooooor how about i make a dedication to you ooooorrr some sort of shrine? (going to far?)

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Wow. I haven't been anywhere but the chat group in a while 0)_0) (experimenting with smileys)

Have we found out anything new recently or is it just spam?

I've found that throwing a bomb up just before a grounded up-b is very helpful.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Wow. I haven't been anywhere but the chat group in a while 0)_0) (experimenting with smileys)

Have we found out anything new recently or is it just spam?

I've found that throwing a bomb up just before a grounded up-b is very helpful.
I wouldn't think so. Could you explain your hypothesis any further?

Drig786

Smash Journeyman
NNID
i-DRIG-i
there are ways i use his bombs one i throw striaght at them(if they block) hop forward, A which leads you catching the bombs at the same time, throw bombs down while they try and recover ( they'r under the edge) also throwing bombs in the air as they recover too. there are other ways aswell

TheFast

Smash Lord
There are two new strategies for using bombs i need to add. One is like what Drig discribed. Uhg i guess ill add them tonight than you can read up (pracrastination) But really ill try very hard to get them added tonight.

TheFast

Smash Lord
Well i made a new Strat that punishes characters who like to hug the edge.

You have a bomb.
Jump drop (Z) the bomb to it hits the ledge
double jump while pulling out a bomb
drop it by the ledge
DI away and pull out a 3rd bomb.
If they try to get up as you are landing throw a boomerang .

Its something like that ill have to play around with it to get the exact timing for each bomb. Either way it pwns. Smoth would know. He was my 1st test subject and he didnt even know it.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
Bomb Rain - By PrepareYourself

1. Be on the ground
2. Pull a bomb
3. Throw it up as fast as you can
4. Full hop
5. Pull bomb at peak of jump
6. Second jump
7. Throw down immediately
8. Both bombs should land either one after the other or at the same time.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
snake is a counter-terrorist
Now bomberman on the other hand...
LOL. Yeah I get you. But these bombs are not too powerful. Snake has these powerful explosives to make him a terrorist. But this is out of context for the thread. Shame on the one who started this

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Bomb Rain - By PrepareYourself

1. Be on the ground
2. Pull a bomb
3. Throw it up as fast as you can
4. Full hop
5. Pull bomb at peak of jump
6. Second jump
7. Throw down immediately
8. Both bombs should land either one after the other or at the same time.
Are you really sure? How could this be useful, do you think?

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
Are you really sure? How could this be useful, do you think?
Quick, say "Sorry for double post"

I'm not exactly sure about the jump heights, but yes, it does work.

It's not that useful, but does look cool. If you DI to the side before throwing the second bomb, you could limit the opponent's options. Or something.

vbdood1337

Smash Apprentice
Sorry but your like 9 months late. It's not very useful anyways; footstool -> dair is the only way you should be spiking if you're leaving the stage.

TheFast

Smash Lord
Uhg i didnt get to it today. Plus i need my wii to fine tune them. Today and tomarrow i got 4 projects due. I promise ill get to it. T_T

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I wouldn't think so. Could you explain your hypothesis any further?
The bomb only does slight damage to Toon Link. Not enough to make a big difference in a match at low-mid percents (below about 110 on weaker characters, about 90 or even down to 60 on stronger characters).

If you throw a bomb up at the right timing, you will knock yourself out of the very last frames of the last hit canceling the ending lag. With this extra time you can chase an opponent (especially at mid percents), keep characters who can't outrange you from hitting you (may not work on better opponents or anyone who expects the bomb, results may vary), or even hit opponents on the final spin if the bomb is placed right.

I've only used it a few times (against a level three and a level four separately) so it needs MOAR TESTING!!
If you could test this on a higher level computer or get someone to play a few matches with you, please do so.
Also don't test it just to come back and say it's impractical in real matches against anyone who knows not to approach without attacking (ie. just standing there, continuing past the opponent, jumping with no intention of an aerial, etc.). I know it needs work so if you do come up with something like "Not very practical" please, kindly haul your *** back into whatever mode you came from and FIND SOMETHING TO MAKE IT BETTER DAMMIT!! On the other hand, if you genuinely cannot think of anything to aid this idea, that's fine too.

I shall join you in testing ASAP (gonna be a while).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom