• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago Smash: Modesto Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
yeah idk if mike will be willing to drive to modesto in his busted up car at that late of the night.

i think i caught pnumonia. im hellla effin sick. X_x

so whos the best in modesto nowadays? besides chok

Miztik

Smash Master
honestly nobody really knows or cares about that jr lol

i guess andre is by default but we never play him so iunno...

Gaara♥

Smash Master
wow San Antonio texas?! My family actually onws a few vacant houses over there. Make sure you give us your address mike so when im in the area we can smash XDXDXD

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah idk if mike will be willing to drive to modesto in his busted up car at that late of the night.

i think i caught pnumonia. im hellla effin sick. X_x

so whos the best in modesto nowadays? besides chok
i would say jamie and his falco overall

he beats all my chars except ic's

Gaara♥

Smash Master
wow leon you like Ayano, the character that did NOTHING the entire show and talked maybe once, over Tamura??

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol wow, guys... i discovered a new spamming method that covers the entire forum...

go to the back room, the one on the bottom that has the green page (you dont need access to the backroom, just go there)

under quick links, click "today's posts" and it shows you all the threads that have new posts on em

you cant really refresh the page so just click the back room again and click today's posts again after you're done posting

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
oh dear god.

the path to becoming a smash lord is clear now!

unrelated to the unnecessary spoiler text, i read about half of the soul eater manga in the course of about 5 hours. -_-

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol yeah i used to browse the whole forum and open all the last pages in new tabs, but this is even more efficient and lets you have more variety

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
geez that's pretty intense.

i pretty much just camp the pac west board while browsing other stuff on the internet. once in a while i check other places...

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
well what do you expect lmao

even on the internet, I don't say much.

unless it's in the modesto board

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Yeah. Man, this thread is usually more active than this. I wonder where Jamie, Anthony, and Kenny are.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
wow is a plague to the modesto board's livelihood

kill it with fire, or at least just post more often LOL

i have a piano lesson soon, i should practice a bit more for it :(

Miztik

Smash Master
wow is a plague to the modesto board's livelihood

kill it with fire, or at least just post more often LOL

i have a piano lesson soon, i should practice a bit more for it :(
hey i just got home from piano class

What?! WTF you play WoW anthony?

play a real game like starcraft =\
uh...maybe ill try it out but WoW is pretty fun...but i prob wouldnt play it if i didnt know ppl irl that play

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ah yeah that's true.

well, i'm just saying that cuz starcraft is the #1 hardest game to play competitive and takes the most skill out of any game i've ever played.

that said, i can't wait for starcraft 2 cuz imma try to enter tournaments and stuff for that game lol

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
yea i play with the noob crew everybody but preet plays starcraft still on bnet (fairly regularly, ranging from evening to late evening)
get a cd key or something now, it really isn't that hard

anthony you should try it, it is really cheap ($20 for original and expansion) and its value really holds up if you're a fan of the rts genre...

and starcraft 2 will hopefully be as good as the first. that said, there will definitely be initial problems with unit and game balance. I had to reinstall it once from the original game disc. the values were totally out of whack compared to how they were balanced now, just one example were carriers. they, in the initial game, had 1 armor, less HP, cost more to make, interceptors cost more, and their base attack was 5 instead of 6. and arbiters that cost ****ing 25 minerals and 500 gas?!?!

part of me wants to enter a scbw tournament just for fun, but i know i'd get destroyed.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Yeah, definitely. You can win with any of the 3 races, and no matter what, how you win is up to skill alone. It takes a very long time to learn everything, I bet I barely even know 10% of what I have to know in order to do really well in competitive play.

There's what's called "APM" which means actions per minute, which is basically a direct measurement of your tech skill. I consistently have around 110 APM right now (back when I used to play a lot, I had around 200, and 340+ during moments of high micro). But a lot of my actions are null. Pro players have like 400 apm and they use their actions very efficiently, it's just crazy to watch some first person POV's of players like Boxer or Flash.

Koreans are the best because they have proleauges, teams, and coaches lol... I wish we were like that for smash. America does it for Halo I guess, sigh. Not nearly as cool.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
back in middle school there was this huge fight over what game was better... Diablo 2 or Starcraft. That war eventually divided the whole school. Many lives were lost. Many friends were lost. To this day there are people I STILL dont talk to because of the GREAT DIABLO 2 VS STARCRAFT WAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom