• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago-Land Power Rankings (Updated 12/30/2011)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah. I was in my clan channel on bnet the other day, and i made some random comment about my games that day. Some guy who didn't know me started trolling, and quite badly. I started insulting his fail of a troll and 5 minutes later he claims that he was trolling me into calling out his trolling... or something like that. idk he was ******** lolol

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I'm... Juggleguy.

I think we've been to 3 common tourneys in Chicago/Champaign, but I'm never aware that you're in attendance until the results thread comes up, lol. Same goes for GooeyBanana. You guys gotta find me, I'll probably be recording or helping TO. It's harder for me to find you because you are two smashers among several from IL/WI that I still don't recognize =(

Last game last stock, but couldn't seal the deal. Maybe I should have done the Kels... uthrow knee on Ganon rofl. Dat armor was about to fall like a rock in our pools standing if I had won!
next chicago tourney I'm finding you and your eating charms, thats final! somehow

UltimateHaxor123

Smash Apprentice
hey, i just got accepted into the university of chicago about a week ago and was wondering if chicago has a good/active scene?

at this point i'm not 100% sure i want to go yet (cornell, emory, and stanford still pending) but hopefully the responses here will convince me :D

Scythe

Smash Master
chicago has the most competitive melee scene in the midwest

we have monthlys that go on and i believe there are lots of smashfests in and around chicago

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Diego, I'd argue that Ann Arbor is currently the most active Melee city in the Midwest on a day-to-day basis... we Smashfest way more and have a huge pool of players overall, we just lack an abundance of top players to compete with Chicago. That'll change once Teczero is on board!

UltimateHaxor123

Smash Apprentice
o wow thanks guys. i wasn't expecting so many responses - usually in the dallas thread ppl have to wait 2-3 for a single response which is usually pretty depressing anyways lol

funny thing, i considered applying to ann harbor also.

darkatma

Smash Hero
hey, i just got accepted into the university of chicago about a week ago and was wondering if chicago has a good/active scene?

at this point i'm not 100% sure i want to go yet (cornell, emory, and stanford still pending) but hopefully the responses here will convince me :D
lol u chicago is a good school
should've applied to washU instead.

cornell sucks you'll just kill yourself there
stanford if you get in go there no questions asked

UltimateHaxor123

Smash Apprentice
lol u chicago is a good school
should've applied to washU instead.

cornell sucks you'll just kill yourself there
stanford if you get in go there no questions asked
eh alot of my friends applied to wustl but i'm not going premed and i think uchicago is better overall so....

but yea dude, def stanford if i get in :D

Dart!

Smash Master
Diego, I'd argue that Ann Arbor is currently the most active Melee city in the Midwest on a day-to-day basis... we Smashfest way more and have a huge pool of players overall, we just lack an abundance of top players to compete with Chicago. That'll change once Teczero is on board!
you must defeat sheng long to stand a chance

Rat

Smash Lord
Now here's the dilemma:
Kels seems immovable from that #1 spot.

What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?

Can there be two #1s?

ORLY

Smash Master
I only play her for fun sometimes, but my advice is to just keep "I'M A NINJAAAAAA AND ALL MY MOVES ARE AWESOME I HAVE SO MANY OPTIONS" in your head the whole time.

The rest falls into place.

Tink

Smash Hero
yaaa, i see how bad sheiks think :p....us good ones dont need to worry about slow/fasts hit.

Kels88

Smash Lord
I think my Sheik is pretty good. Cosmo is a hell of a lot better than me in dittos though. Sheik used to be the perfect counter to his Zelda. Those were the good days.

Tink

Smash Hero
fact cosmo, if you do a MM with no chaingrabbing involved, you will lose to me.

my shieks better, but not at chaingrabbing -_-....which ur allll about.

Vro

Smash Lord
On the whole, all MW sheiks are AWFUL.

Tec0 is the only good sheik to come thru the MW since M2K lived in Ohio.

Tink

Smash Hero
ya, my sheik only beat ppl like....azen back then lollll.....you were loooooads better back then wernt you :p?

Top Bottom