• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChiboSempai's Brawl Texture Pack (Characters/CSPs/CBPs)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Note: I'm having trouble getting this to work with iso hacking, but it works fine with the SD Load Code.

It's finally done! I've been wanting to make a texture pack for a while, and I finally got around to working on it, and it's ready for everyone out there. Special thanks to nyoko13 for help with the CSP files for the characters.

What's in ChiboSempai's Texture Pack?
My texture pack comes in two flavors, enhanced and standard. The enhanced texture pack comes with all of the needed texture hacks to make team colors easier to tell. In addition to this, the enhanced pack includes some of my favorite textures that I have also seen many others use. The standard pack includes only team color fixed, and the shiny Pokemon trainer (because I didn't have a CSP for the regular Light Pokemon colors). Every texture in both packs including CSP and CBP files.

How do I use ChiboSempai's Texture Pack?
Download the zip files below and unzip them. Copy the 4 folders inside the folder that is unzipped and put them on your SD card in the pf folder where your Brawl data is. Then use the SD File Load hack that I'm sure you're all aware of, and your set to go!

What's a CSP and CBP?
CSP - Character Selection Portrait: These are the pictures you see on the character select screen towards the bottom for each player.
CBP - Character Battle Portrait: These are the pictures of your character next to your stocks while battling.

What textures are included?
* Indicates only in the enhanced pack
** Created by myself! (And it's only in the enhanced pack)
Red Lucario
Green Lucario
Red Sonic
Green Sonic
Super Sonic*
Darkspine Sonic*
Roselina*
Shiny Pokemon Trainer
Shiny Squirtle
Shiny Ivysaur
Shiny Charizard
Red Squirtle
TMNT (Green) Squirtle
Blue Ivysaur
Red Ivysaur
Green Charizard
Blue Charizard
Mr. L*
Galaxy Star Mario (Red & Black)**
NES ROB*
Blue Olimar
Black and Blue Falco*
Red Falco
Green Falco

Download Now!
ChiboSempai's Enhanced Texture Pack
ChiboSempai's Standard Texture Pack

Note: Video of textures coming soon.

Sterowent

Smash Ace

So, why hasn't anyone commented on this? i mean, a big thanks, maybe someone suggesting a texture or two.
not that i'm complaining. i'm merely...perplexed.

as to suggestions, i'll have to look at my own and see if any would actually lend use in a competitive pack.
i'd have suggested Bangaa Lucario, but...the straight red one or default are probably superior for teams.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
This looks cool
Would it be possible to have each (or at least teenage mutant ninja squirtle :p) up for individual download?

I heard that the brres (cbp) portaits are compatible with sd file loading if you remove the first . from each file name

illWill

Smash Rookie
ISO hacking...? SD file load hack...?
x_x?

Man I'm trying to get these **** textures to work as I write this... I've read the http://www.smashboards.com/search.php?searchid=2321924 thread like 3 times already and I still can't succeed. I can't get a single texture to work! It seems to be pretty outdated as no one mentions whether File Replacment: v2.1a works or not...

BTW, thanks for the pack. I can just imagine how nice it must be.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yea the File Replacement is the SD File Load method I mentioned, like how everyone normally loads textures, same thing.

MK26 - I'll look into the whole getting CBP working on SD load

edit: I'm not sure which . you mean to remove. I'm already using a modified CUPASH program that is supposed to name everything correctly. The brres files are named like this: MenSelchrFaceB000.brres
I can't remove that one . cause that's what separates the file extension in the name.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i must have done something wrong with cupash, neither standard nor enhanced have those files. il look into it today after im done class.

illWill

Smash Rookie
Aight, I figured out that it was my SD card causing the texture problem. My only guess is it's because it's a Sandisk 8GB SDHC because I loaded the Enhanced Edition with my 1GB miniSD. So much for full support for SDHC cards from Homebrew Channel & Gecko... Or maybe Sandisk just sucks diiiiiihhh. I only tested Sonic in a 4way and it was NICE! Too bad I had no time after that because I had to go to sleep as I had work in the morning :/

BTW, I'm still not sure about this ISO hacking deal for custom portraits. My Wii is modchipped so does that mean I can create a custom ISO with all the mods built in to burn to a DVD+R9?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ok i found out whats wrong with the CBPs, it turns out i didnt have the original infface files in cupash when i did step 1. il update my texture packs with the cbp's later today

illwill - yes you should be able to do that with the iso stuff

for some reason im having trouble with it though... iv tried even putting just textures on my new iso and running it through the usb loader and it still freezes when it tried to load them, it doesnt make sense. i used to do the iso method way back when b4 the sd file load code was made with no probs. im gonna try burning it and see if it works that way.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Aight, I figured out that it was my SD card causing the texture problem. My only guess is it's because it's a Sandisk 8GB SDHC because I loaded the Enhanced Edition with my 1GB miniSD. So much for full support for SDHC cards from Homebrew Channel & Gecko... Or maybe Sandisk just sucks diiiiiihhh. I only tested Sonic in a 4way and it was NICE! Too bad I had no time after that because I had to go to sleep as I had work in the morning :/

BTW, I'm still not sure about this ISO hacking deal for custom portraits. My Wii is modchipped so does that mean I can create a custom ISO with all the mods built in to burn to a DVD+R9?
The reason the 8 gig doesn't work is not because Homebrew can't function off of it, but because Brawl can't read SDHC. It was made before the Wii was given SDHC support and Nintendo never thought it would be a good idea to allow Brawl anything more than 2 gig SD cards... *sigh*
Gecko can run the codeset off of it because that doesn't require Brawl to read anything off of the SD, but the file replacement needs Brawl to read the data off of the SD card in order to replace the texture files and CSP stuff. I had the same problem when I first wanted textures :p

ISO hacking is possible with just the Homebrew channel, just get an app that reads custom ISO files off a DVD or put the ISO on a USB and read it from there. Best part about ISO hacking is the custom music :)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Anyone know why my texture pack wont work with iso hacks when used through a USB Loader? The Wii freezes as soon as it attempts to load any custom texture. CSPs work fine. I'm gonna try burning it later, though I don't see why USB Loader would be the prob. I did textures with burning it a while back before the SD code was out and it worked fine.

Either way, I'm almost done fixing my pack, should be ready in about 10 minutes with fully working CBPs.

edit: its updated
the download links in the first post now direct to the downloads for the packs with CBPs

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
not everyone likes the extras i added
so for those who simply want just team color fixes, they can use the standard version

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I plan to eventually update this overtime with update packs

I've been coming across some textures I really like that I feel are probably worthy to be in this.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
what do you need to know about it? if u just copy it to ur pf folder alogn with the fighter folder itl work. as for creating them, thats a whole other story

proteininja

Smash Journeyman
Dangit Chibo, your awesome has eclipsed my own texture pack...sigh. Back to mediocrity...

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
This is perfect if you're too lazy to get your own textures, but it's hell when you want to add it to a set...
:/

Can you upload a txt of what file number corresponds to what texture, brres, and infface file?
Like i told cookie, some sort of organization should be mandatory for this kind of thing

KohdeeCA

Smash Rookie
This is cool, but how do i install CSP's? i already know how to the basic characters.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
just copy the files to the sd card same way u did for textures and itl work
you need the most updated ocarina texture code to see them

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Chibo, loving the work, man.

I was wondering though, could you make a download available of the TGAs (big and small) that you used for the textures in your enhanced pack? I'm trying to assemble a texture pack of my own and I would like to integrate your work into it (instead of having to edit each Pokémon, etc). It'd be greatly appreciated, dude.

Ramun_Flame

Smash Cadet
You said the battle portraits don't work for SD file loading, but they worked fine for me, maybe just a few work? I know TMNT squirtle works.

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
You said the battle portraits don't work for SD file loading, but they worked fine for me, maybe just a few work? I know TMNT squirtle works.
For me, the in-battle ones as well as the victory screen ones definitely work, but the ones on the character select screen do not.

And I'm loving the pack btw.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Could you make a list of your texture changes? I prefer to pick out the textures I like from packs, so it would be really helpful. =)

Karl

Smash Rookie
I like this one because it has a good amount of recolors.
However, will there be a second release? And if so, will it include at least 1 texture for all characters?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
wait, are there textures, csps, and ingame battle portraits for every character (besides g&w obv.)?

and to the guy above me, get ur own avitar lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
For all of the textures listen in the OP, there is a texutre, battle portrait, and in game portrait. its a complete package so it looks 100% legit

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
do you need to download these before you download custom stage music.. I heard you need to have textures enabled... can somebody PM me with how to put on custom music.. I have the application to convert the music.. I just need direction on how to do it.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Seriously, how the hell do you go scrummaging for a year-old thread all without actually bothering to look at subforums that could actually help you with this? It's completely baffling.

Sorry if that comes off as rude, but I can't seem to grasp my mind around this.
As for helping you, check the Tutorials, FAQs, & Help subforum.

Top Bottom